• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are also shit dads.
Neither one knew their kid existed and by the time they did they were completely opposed to them.

And anyways, I'd say Lancelot vs Vader is quite a bit better, espesially since one of Saber's main connections with Vader is only via Saber Alter, who only appears in one of three routes of Fate/Stay Night and is basically considered a separate character.

Saber Alter vs Vader would work, espesially since most of their connections still apply with Alter, but having regular Saber fight Vader feels wrong. And even then, I still prefer Lancelot vs Vader.

Neither one knew their kid existed and by the time they did they were completely opposed to them.

And anyways, I'd say Lancelot vs Vader is quite a bit better, espesially since one of Saber's main connections with Vader is only via Saber Alter, who only appears in one of three routes of Fate/Stay Night and is basically considered a separate character.

Saber Alter vs Vader would work, espesially since most of their connections still apply with Alter, but having regular Saber fight Vader feels wrong. And even then, I still prefer Lancelot vs Vader.
Apparently Saber can transform into Alter so you could have her transform in the middle of the fight and have her return to normal once the fighting is over.
Let Vader mind screw her so she can give into her anger.

connections?
I'll explain them in a moment, I need to explain the connections of a different matchup to continue the whole Saber vs Darth Vader conversation. (I've already done this one before but I've found new connections since)

FallenKnights.jpg

Sir Lancelot vs Darth Vader
(Nasuverse vs Star Wars)​
  • Despite being completely human, each is considered to have somewhat inhuman parentage (Lancelot was raised by Vivian in the original legend (though idk if this applies to his Fate self) while Anakin was basically created by the force (although apparently Darth Plagius had something to do with it or something I've honestly lost track))​
  • Both are considered some of the strongest knights in their orders, likely being the strongest aside from the leader(s)​
  • Both had forbidden romantic relations (Lancelot with Guinevere and Anakin with Padme)​
  • A manipulative mastermind (Morgan le Fay and Palpitine) took advantage of this secret romance to kickstart events that would cause the fall of their respective orders​
  • In trying to save their beloved from death, they killed the youngest members of their order (Lancelot killed Gareth and Anakin killed the Younglings)​
  • Both became fallen knights who were ultimately corrupted by their own emotions (Lancelot eventually sinking into madness and Anakin going through the fear, anger, hatred, etc...)​
  • Both had a son who performed more greater deeds than they did in their lifetime (Luke needs no introduction, while Galahad obtained the Holy Grail (The actual one from the legend not the one people fight wars over) and then returned it to the heavens). They also didn't have the best relationship with said son.
  • Each was brought back from their death in black, intimidating armor that hides their identities and were given a new name to complement them (Lancelot being summoned as a Berserker Class Servant, and Anakin being brought back as Darth Vader)​
  • Right before each one died, their helmets were removed and they got to see things clearly one last time, no longer corrupted by Madness/The Dark Side, looking upon someone very important to them​

connections?
As for Zonda vs Magneto, I guess we're doing a 2-for-1 tonight.

• Both were born in one of the worst places they could have been born (Zonda was born an Adept in Gunvolt's China, where Adepts are hunted and killed from birth; while Magneto was born as a Jewish person in Nazi Germany, which probably needs no further elaboration)​
  • After seeing quite literally the worst of Mankind (Magneto also having terrible things happen to him due to his status as a Mutant), both decided to fight against humanity's cruelty against their kind.​
  • Both have a degree of insanity due to their trauma (Magneto's been considered psionic and even manic at various points from either direct statements or just context clues. Zonda's is pretty vague, but she may or may not believe love and hatred are the same and also enjoy pain. Not to mention, this is clearly not the disguise of a mentally stable child).​
  • Both went on to create a group bent on a creating a utopia for superpowered individuals (Eden and The Brotherhood of Mutants)​
  • Their groups commonly need to do battle with both superhumans who want Humans and Superhumans to coexist (Gunvolt and the X-Men) and humans who want them eradicated (Copen and The Sentinels)​
  • Despite having very simple powers on paper (Illusions creation and Magnetism Manipulation), but are actually far more powerful than one might think (Zonda can outright warp reality in some ways even before gaining her Reverie form, while Magneto can control all types of energy).​
  • Both are considered some of the strongest characters in their respective series (Referring to X-Men here, not general Marvel for Magneto). Zonda's a on the same level as the likes of Gunvolt and Nova, who are considered the two strongest Adepts in the world; while Magneto is an Omega Level mutant and has on occasion been considered the strongest Mutant or even strongest being on Earth.​

oof then i think link could win this if they do bring uni link (sincerlly they arent going to brougth him because that is to much for the casuals) so both are planet level i guess?
Message from @Phantom_Falcon

“Skull Kid created Termina bros”

To which connection Smashor pointed out for Zonda vs Magneto some of them are can be used for Porky vs Zonda.
Aside from "Children who are probably insane" I don't quite see the connections.
Yeah.

Btw how many good close connections do we have for Saitama vs Shiki Tohno?
Beside "Young male protagonists who is said to be able to defeat any opponent with one melee attack".

Everyone but me needs to stop thinking of matchups at 2AM.
Oh yeah this is 2am at New York and 2pm at Singapore/Hong Kong/Malaysia/mainland China/Middle Russia/West Australia/Indonesia

Anyway, until mother 3 wouldn't get attention to be localized by Nintendo would be more harder to use characters from that game so... oof. Anyway the great ace attorney got localization maybe Nintendo will find a way that people (especially on twitter) would accept Magypsies.

I think if they were to use chara they'd mash them with frisk in DB
I think using Frisk and Sans as two representative characters (or three if people want Pearl vs Undyne to feed/compensate one SU win) are more than enough for Death Battle (and I mean many franchises do not even have yet one character and some only has one or two).

I know this is a pretty contentious point in Zelda Lore fanatics, at least because people would like Termina to be a real place and not just a dream or somethin

though honestly both the Historia and Encyclopedia have these hard lorepills to swallow, like in general the Downfall timeline kinda contradicts itself

Honestly, this makes me curious if Death Battle will bring up and tackle the whole thing about Majora creating Termina thing from the Hyrule Encyclopedia. It's kinda hard to argue it's below universal if you wanna take the retcon seriously.

though honestly both the Historia and Encyclopedia have these hard lorepills to swallow
Honestly I don't find too many of the lore stuff added in those hard to shallow, but man, I can't wrap my head around the Encyclopedia saying that Holodrum and Labrynna are actually different dimensions from Hyrule rather than different countries on the same planet, makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back