• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah other thing, if you guys hate the fact that the episode of DB release live, as soon as it hits 12 on Monday the DB episode on RT becomes free to watch for everyone. So instead of watching the live stream you can just watch the episode

Can someone explain the connections behind Blackbeard/K. Rool beyond "fat pirates"?
Gonna rip off a comment from a Youtube commentator, Arthur Ramirez.

"The connection between King K. Rool and Blackbeard is they're both greedy, cunning, and power-hungry overweight pirates who were originally part of a different pirate crew until an incident happened which caused them to separate from said crew and form their own (the Kremling Krew and the Blackbeard Pirates). Both served as major antagonists towards the main protagonist of their series (Donkey Kong and Monkey D. Luffy), and both seek to conquer the world. Both have claws and guns in their arsenal of weapons, both possess supernatural powers (magic for King K. Rool, and the Dark-Dark Fruit power for Blackbeard). Both are also renown for their iconic laughs ("Raaah-ha-ha-ha!" and "Zee-ha-ha-ha!")."

kratos_vs_dante_by_mikees_d86ehs3-fullview.jpg
dante_vs_kratos_by_totorokorn88_d2mahz3-pre.jpg

A matchup I thought of recently, due to both Captain Planet being mentioned no less than three times in Death Battle and King of Fighters not getting an original character in DB yet.

ByTheMightOfGaia.jpg

Captain Planet vs Orochi
(Hannah Barbara vs The King of Fighters)
  • Both are defenders of earth, answering directly to Gaia herself.​
  • Both also have teams representing the various elements (The Planeteers and The Hakkeshu)​
  • While Captain Planet works with and defends humans, Orochi outright wants to kill all of them, making the latter a sort of evil counterpart to the former.​
  • Captain Planet also listens closely to Gaia, while Orochi believes to know better than Gaia (At least that's the gist I get from the SNK wiki)​
Captain Planet probably AP stomps and is faster (Albeit all the calcs on Captain Planet's profile haven't been approved yet), but it would still be a fun matchup. Also there's probably some Orochi lore that's only in Japanese and Spanish that gives him massive buffs or something like that. It's probably both's best matchup.

A matchup I thought of recently, due to both Captain Planet being mentioned no less than three times in Death Battle and King of Fighters not getting an original character in DB yet.

ByTheMightOfGaia.jpg

Captain Planet vs Orochi
  • Both also have teams representing the various elements (The Planeteers and The Hakkeshu)​
  • While Captain Planet works with and defends humans, Orochi outright wants to kill all of them, making the latter a sort of evil counterpart to the former.​
  • Captain Planet also listens closely to Gaia, while Orochi believes to know better than Gaia (At least that's the gist I get from the SNK wiki)​
Captain Planet probably AP stomps and is faster (Albeit all the calcs on Captain Planet's profile haven't been approved yet), but it would still be a fun matchup. Also there's probably some Orochi lore that's only in Japanese and Spanish that gives him massive buffs or something like that. It's probably both's best matchup.
unknown.png

ByTheMightOfGaia.jpg

Captain Planet vs Orochi
Probably the most original and well thought out request I've seen for DB in a while here. Would love to see cheesy deus ex machina incarnate Superhero fight the God of a cult hell bent on human extinction.

Last edited:
Alright, guess i'll do my own cursed match-up.
wood_piercing_drill.png

Simon vs Woody (Gurren Lagann vs BFDI)
  • Both started out cowardly
  • Both had friends that motivated them to became more brave (Kamina and Blocky)
  • Eventually both became very brave, thanks to their friends
  • Both had lost their friends in the show (Blocky got eliminated and Kamina died)
    [*]
  • And both took the place of their friends (Simon became the leader of Gurren Dan and Woody got his own segment on the show)

Sagat vs Tien Shinhan (Street Fighter vs Dragon Ball)

ffdmqgbad6741.png

1. Odd number of eyes
  2. Pracitioners of Asian martial arts (Mauy Thai/Crane Style) and can manipulate chi/ki for a variety of techniques
  3. Chest scars they acquired from participating in a martial arts tournament
  4. Bald
  5. Rivals to the main protagonist at a martial arts tournament until having a change of heart and allying themselves with the main heroes
As an aside, did I miss something? When did Sagat get downgraded to 9-A?

I'm well aware Tien stomps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back