• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

93pv7n.jpg

Of course the community is biased Whether it's be the results and stats of various verses or certain episodes getting better treatment than others despite similar issues in both, let alone the rematch debacle going on this community be bias as hell.

I'm gonna say it, 99% of lasers that people use to scale characters to light speed aren't actually moving that fast. We've reached a point where we don't really understand what a character being FTL really means in regards to feats.
What do you mean surely the author intended character x to be this FTL/IMMEASURABLE speed demon despite the show contradicting that notion on screen don't be an idiot

I'm gonna say it, 99% of lasers that people use to scale characters to light speed aren't actually moving that fast. We've reached a point where we don't really understand what a character being FTL really means in regards to feats.
I feel like this is a problem because we have moved away from stories being about good and consistent storytelling and more about just wanking off the main character. It isn't about whether the world makes sense in relation to the power levels of the villains and heroes but rather whether or not fans can furiously jack off the the MC's harem.

GoW fans when Astro Bot turns into Kratos

All Stars but with an actually good roster and good gameplay. Seriously, why was a Big Daddy there? Why would you make two Coles? Using both young Heihachi and reboot Dante? And having GoW Zeus as a DLC character? Jesus christ what was going on with the roster choices.
2K Games were happy to give Big Daddy so he got in. SuckerPunch said Cole needed to be different so they split him in two. Tbh, PSABR covered a lot of the basics they owned, but 3rd parties were the big problem.

Also Astro Bot punching a octopus into space and mostly surviving huge space explosion are probably better direct visual feats than what Kratos has hur hur :^)
Smash Kirby wins because the PS5 has no games while the Switch does. Also there's no FF7 stuff in Astro Bot because Square Enix suck balls so Astro Bot doesn't scale to Sephiroth and Cloud but Kirby does.
Its okay he has Sackboy scaling, ggs easy T1.

Seriously, why was a Big Daddy there? Why would you make two Coles? Using both young Heihachi and reboot Dante? And having GoW Zeus as a DLC character? Jesus christ what was going on with the roster choices.
Tag 2 was around the corner at the time and given it failed sales wise, it was to promo that Heihachi specifically

Reboot was also around that time with the crossover, so again its to promote the new game none loved

I hate Fire Emblem because they took a spot in the Smash roster undeserved.

I wouldn't say 'undeserved', simply because Byleth ended up being fun to play, as boring as the reveal trailer actually was. Min-min and Kazuya's reveal trailers were more interesting for a fact, but man can I not play them for the life of me...

Byleth in Smash is easy to hate for reasons that I don't exactly think are their fault, because out of everyone on the roster, they are the most hurt by "Everyone is Here!".

If everyone wasn't here (say the base roster FE characters were Marth, Ike, Robin, for example), I think Byleth would've been an absolutely fine inclusion.

Corrin, meanwhile, is indefensible and should've been Elma or Savvy Stylist in Smash 4's DLC run.

Corrin is literal advertisement character picked because "was from recent Nintendo game" lmao

Still, FE has 5 unique characters which is a lot. Hell, them having 3 clone characters is also a lot. Tho tbf I guess the problem is Zelda & Kirby are starving for new reps, and DK & Metroid were too before Ultimate.

Corrin is literal advertisement character picked because "was from recent Nintendo game" lmao

Still, FE has 5 unique characters which is a lot. Hell, them having 3 clone characters is also a lot. Tho tbf I guess the problem is Zelda & Kirby are starving for new reps, and DK & Metroid were too before Ultimate.
The fact we haven't had a single original Zelda newcomer since Melee...

The fact we haven't had a single original Zelda newcomer since Melee...
Well Zelda got 2 New characters and 2 clones in Melee but since then, oof.

But Zelda fans dropped the ball and there is no clear massive demand for specific Zelda rep. Ganondorf with a sword looks like he won Zelda fans in Smash 4 Ballot somehow.

Ngl I don't think Zelda is in dire need of new reps. I think Ganondorf, Zelda, and the Link's are good representative for the series but if more are added in the future I wouldn't complain.

Ngl I don't think Zelda is in dire need of new reps. I think Ganondorf, Zelda, and the Link's are good representative for the series but if more are added in the future I wouldn't complain.
I'm in the same boat, I also don't think the series needs new reps (Would be awesome if we got some tho, Skull Kid / Majora would be peak) but the current characters we have really need an update. Zelda's current moveset is mostly stuff she's never done with 3 of her special moves being stolen from Link, Toon and Young Link could do with more unique stuff from their own games, and Ganondorf...

I don't think I can add anything new to the discussion of how badly he needs an actual original moveset instead of his current status as Captain Ganon.

Back