• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCAU A.M.A.Z.O. Low 1-C Removal

LuciferX

He/Him
Low 1-C Key

Currently, there is a Low 1-C Key for Amazo in DCAU. The reasoning for Low 1-C depends on mirrored room nexus of all realities which was stated be trascend space and time. However, there should be evidence for qualtative superiority in order to generalize any Tier 1 rating. FAQ says it's essential to prove the qualtitative superiority.

Q: What tier is transcending space and time?

A: As said above, "transcending space and time" is a very vague statement by itself and can mean multiple things depending on the context in which it is made, as well as how this characteristic is portrayed in the first place. However, if it is specified that they "transcend space and time" in the sense that they exist on some higher level of reality that is qualitatively superior to a spacetime continuum in nature, then they should be put at Low 1-C, assuming the continuum in question is one comprised of four dimensions. The answer may vary depending on this factor.

It is perfectly possible for a statement like transcending space and time to mean that a character is simply "untied" from the universe's spacetime, and is thus unaffected by alterations in the timeline and similar meddlings. It's not exactly uncommon for time travel (Or any action / process that affects something through different points in time) to be described as "transcending time and space." Transcend space and time can also refer to a spacetime continuum being different to a "regular" spacetime continuum (Say, a strange-looking reality that may hold a few different physical laws, for example) or slightly do be more complex than a regular universe, even significantly so, but not qualitatively superior. Something A being said to "transcend" something B in real life can refer to the former being superior to the latter in some qualities in a notable way, but still roughly compatible. It does not necessarily mean transcendence not in an immeasurable way that would be graphically indescribable, such as A's qualities being superior to B by infinite amounts. With this in mind, statements of realities or beings with transcendence over space & time/the universe/etc., on their own, are not assumed to refer to qualitatively superiority, unless of course further context may elaborate on and contextualize this.

So, it's quite evident it should be removed.

A.m.a.z.o. and A.m.a.z.o. II

It seems II doesn't have a profile yet, anyways, AMAZO breaking through II's armor is a huge outlier because II defeated I single handedly before in the previous issue, and the anti life entity was still alive. futhermore, he attacked II after he unleashed ALE to destroy creation, not before but profile says otherwise for some reason imo. so we shouldn't scale I to II's full potential. (Not to mention, II even struggled fighting against superheroes.) Mainly because ALE is reponsible for 2-A feat and it wasn't affected.

Anti Life Entity and Life Equation

I think, we need to make a profile for Anti Life Entity. It has a clear cut 2-A feat that it was abled to destroy all of creation through nexus (mirrored room) of all realities. Later Batman and Wonder Woman restored the multiverse with life equation. Idk what to do it as it's not a character.

TLDR: So, ALE's ratings varies from 3-A, Low 2-C to 2-A. (it consumed a universe before it was going to consume everything) and A.M..A.Z.O. II with ALE also should give the same rating. As I said above, Low 1-C key need to be removed since it lacks evidence for QS. two profiles need to be made if it seems necessarily. (for ALE and II)

Last edited:
Disagree considering the universe is infinite and the MR is a place that transcends place/place beyond place, it should be a 5D space-time by default since it would, at the very least, be comprised of 4 spatial dimensions via its space transcending an infinite 3D space for qualitative superiority since it is explicitly beyond said space.

Members of the League (Oracle = Manhunter-D = Martian Manhunter) are also capable of feats that encompass infinity (not AP wise but it shows that such things are within their capabilities) yet they consider Amazo’s power to be “incalculable” despite being able to comprehend infinity. This would mean that Amazo is at least High 3-A if not Low 2-C for being > infinity. Amazo also flies beyond the edge of infinity so being > infinity is nothing new to him.

Amazo II is stated to be “infinitely more powerful” than Amazo, making him at least Low-C, 2-A at the highest yet he couldn’t break through the MR without Amazo’s aid. The ALE is stated to fuel said power with the likes of Amazo II and Lex being able to understand it and yet the MR is beyond the comprehension of Amazo’s mind = Amazo II, further proving that the MR is a dimension higher than them at that point.

This also doesn’t contradict anything since Amazo II was stated to be evolving when he was freed by Overman.

Basically it goes Final Amazo > Evolved Amazo II > Mirrored Room (5D) > Amazo II (Low 2-C to 2-A) >= ALE > Amazo (High 3-A to Low 2-C) = incalculable power to those who can understand infinity.

Disagree considering the universe is infinite and the MR is a place that transcends place/place beyond place, it should be a 5D space-time by default since it would, at the very least, be comprised of 4 spatial dimensions via its space transcending an infinite 3D space for qualitative superiority since it is explicitly beyond said space.
Transcending space and time doesn't prove the qualitative superiority.

Members of the League (Oracle = Manhunter-D = Martian Manhunter) are also capable of feats that encompass infinity (not AP wise but it shows that such things are within their capabilities) yet they consider Amazo’s power to be “incalculable” despite being able to comprehend infinity. This would mean that Amazo is at least High 3-A if not Low 2-C for being > infinity. Amazo also flies beyond the edge of infinity so being > infinity is nothing new to him.
It's merely a hyperbole, "infinite or incalculable power" statements are nothing new to fiction.

Last edited:
I agree with the OP.

yet they consider Amazo’s power to be “incalculable” despite being able to comprehend infinity. This would mean that Amazo is at least High 3-A if not Low 2-C for being > infinity. Amazo also flies beyond the edge of infinity so being > infinity is nothing new to him.

Amazo II is stated to be “infinitely more powerful” than Amazo, making him at least Low-C, 2-A at the highest

Also, that's not how any of that works.

Transcending space and time doesn't prove the qualitative superiority.
My point is that it is explicitly stated to be beyond/transcend infinite space along with Amazo II being infinitely greater than Amazo aka a higher tier of infinity. How is that not qualitative superiority?
It's merely a hyperbole, "infinite or incalculable power" statements are nothing new to fiction.
Not when these characters are very well aware of what infinity entails as they are either shown or stated to perform feats of such a level or beyond it just not in AP yet know of things such as the ALE which can perform an at least High 3-A feat. All those constant mentions lends credence to such statements of power as legitimate. Hell, J’onn blatantly recognises that Amazo II is infinitely more powerful than Amazo while literally parsing through a download of infinite information from J’onn-D.
I agree with the OP.

Also, that's not how any of that works.
And how about more than a no. MR is beyond Y’s comprehension (X’s mind = Y’s) and X is infinitely more powerful than Y who is incalculable to Z who literally knows exactly what infinite is. That’s almost verbatim what the standard for qualitative superiority is. Don’t do that shit when someone bothered to go get scans and type up an argument cuz that’s some dog moderation.

My point is that it is explicitly stated to be beyond/transcend infinite space along with Amazo II being infinitely greater than Amazo aka a higher tier of infinity. How is that not qualitative superiority?

Q: What tier is transcending space and time?

A: As said above, "transcending space and time" is a very vague statement by itself and can mean multiple things depending on the context in which it is made, as well as how this characteristic is portrayed in the first place. However, if it is specified that they "transcend space and time" in the sense that they exist on some higher level of reality that is qualitatively superior to a spacetime continuum in nature, then they should be put at Low 1-C, assuming the continuum in question is one comprised of four dimensions. The answer may vary depending on this factor.

Q: What is qualitative superiority?​

A: Qualitative superiority, also sometimes called being qualitatively greater, is a term colloquially used to mean that something is superior to an extend that it justifies being on a higher tier of infinity in terms of our Tiering System than the thing they are superior to. That means a character qualitatively superior to the usual spacetime continuum would, for example, be Low Complex Multiverse level (Tier Low 1-C) at the level represented by the R^5. Someone qualitatively superior to that would have the same tier, but on the higher level of infinity represented by the R^6 and someone qualitatively superior to that level would be baseline Complex Multiverse level (Tier 1-C).
In the same vein a space being qualitatively superior to another space, means that destroying that space would land you on a higher level of infinity in the Tiering System than destroying the space it is superior to.
In rough terms it means as much as being "more than countably infinite times greater in power or size".

The reason it is called qualitative superiority is that, instead of quantitative terms such as being 2 times, 100 times or even infinite times more powerful or greater, this type of superiority is typically justified by the nature of the superiority. The most standard case is dimensionality, where a difference in the quality that is dimensionality, implies the necessary quantitative difference. Another typical example is reality-fiction differences. Those are cases like viewing a plane of reality as mere fiction, like for example writing on a sheet of paper or a dream. They are assumed to imply superiority of a similar scale.
Of course, the same levels of superiority can also be reached via sufficiently explicit quantitative statements, such as when cardinalities above countably infinite get involved in a manner that implies a corresponding difference in power/size.

As the idea of "more than countably infinite times greater in power or size" implies, most statements of superiority wouldn't suffice to reach qualitative superiority, even if applied to already being infinitely stronger than the baselines for the level. E.g. being twice, a hundred or even infinite times stronger than a Multiverse level+ character, who already has infinite multiversal strength, would still not be enough to reach qualitative superiority over a multiverse.

Transcending space time isn't enough to prove QS, it was blatantly stated in FAQ.
Not when these characters are very well aware of what infinity entails as they are either shown or stated to perform feats of such a level or beyond it just not in AP yet know of things such as the ALE which can perform an at least High 3-A feat. All those constant mentions lends credence to such statements of power as legitimate. Hell, J’onn blatantly recognises that Amazo II is infinitely more powerful than Amazo while literally parsing through a download of infinite information from J’onn-D.
I don't agree with it. It's clearly a hyperbole.

Q: What is the Tier for possessing Infinite Power or Infinite Strength?​

A: Statements regarding infinite power, infinite strength, or unlimited quantities do not automatically indicate an ability to produce an infinite amount of energy at once. For example, a power source that never depletes could have an infinite quantity of energy, but can't necessarily be wielded with infinite magnitude (not all at once). Statements involving "infinite power/strength" must be clearly indicative of magnitude to qualify for tiering, in order to avoid inflated ratings or inconsistencies in a story. Further, the hyperbolic nature of the phrase must be taken into consideration, where characters are prone to describing someone's power as infinite in a context where it is so great as to be insurmountable from their perspective, but not truly infinite in a manner relevant to their tier. If proven, however, statements of infinite strength would qualify for High 3-A or higher if evidence regarding a higher degree of infinity above baseline is established.

I agree with everything except for calling AMAZO overcoming AMAZO II's durability an outlier, he explicitly says he evolved to do so (in the very scan posted), it didn't happen out of the blue he just used the one ability he's most known for, aside from that one feat being a plot critical moment.

Did I do this right?
As I understand from the TLDR, the Low 1-C key and ratings had to be removed and a new profile would be made? I'm not knowledgeable enough on DCAU Amazo to make the profile, but I tried deleting the Low 1-C stuff.

Did I do this right?
As I understand from the TLDR, the Low 1-C key and ratings had to be removed and a new profile would be made? I'm not knowledgeable enough on DCAU Amazo to make the profile, but I tried deleting the Low 1-C stuff.
@LuciferX @Deagonx @Catzlaflame

Eh, nah
Its the Low-1C rating that was a problem, not the key itself. The OP still acknowledges JLI as relevant, and doesn't challenge, say for example, all the abilities listed here which still remain on the profile. They likely just messed up the terminology in the OP. Regardless, moving forward, our best course of action is to either find new feats, or upscale him to his previous key.

Some staff who seem to be knowlegable on the character are @GyroNutz and @Propellus

Do either of you know any feats we should use to scale this key of AMAZO?

I'm really not knowledgeable in this particular character at all, and I've stated multiple times that I don't participate in tier 1 threads especially. I don't really understand why I'm being pinged here

I'm really not knowledgeable in this particular character at all, and I've stated multiple times that I don't participate in tier 1 threads especially. I don't really understand why I'm being pinged here
Meh, my fault for the tag then. You seemed to have edited the page a few years ago, and you were listed as a support of DCAU, and for the record, tier 1 stuff wasn't what you were pinged for as thats been debunked.

Back