• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Condolences to the family and members involved in the attack on Kyoto Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Reclusive One, Kyoto was the capital of Japan a long time ago, but Tokyo took over later one. And Kyoto actually was Tokyo spelled backwards in the Japanese language; similar to how Orima/(Olimar in America) is actually Mario spelled backwards. But yeah, both are probably 2 of the biggest cities in Japan.

BBC Radio 6 was talking about it yesterday morning. I'm not a huge fan of anime (I do like some anime though), but this is still awful to hear. My heart goes out to anyone who died or was affected by this. Because even the animators who had work to be done in there and didn't die. All those months of progress in making anime episodes. Just.... gone. :(

Dvorak1902 said:
Some people disliked the studio for making mostly slice of life shows, considering them bland or lacking in content. They considered that KyoAni had driven anime into a bubble of uncreativity, and that it used cheap plots to capitalize on people's feelings without putting in effort.

But please, simply not liking their anime does not make anyone a killer or terrible human being. Gloating about the death of someone who didn't do anything to you is what makes you a terrible human being.
WTF I mean what was he thinking. If he doesn't like it then stop watching it. There's a ton of things that we don't like polticians, celebritites, media. Even people we meet in our daily life like boss or colleagues. That doesn't mean you'll go ahead and take their lives

My condolences to the victims and their families

For real tho, this has got to be the shittiest reason for doing something idiotic and barbaric like this, let alone thinking about it.

Also, recent Japanese news sites have confirmed that the arsonist said that he did this because KyoAni apparently plagiarized his ideas, which of course, happens to be a load of horseshit bordering on nothing more than coincidence.

My condolences to them

I hope those survived will not have their life affected forever by this trauma

And hopefully their family and friends of those who died will stay strong and be able to bear this

And rest in peace to those who died

I am really sorry that so many people had to die just because of plagiarizing of the content

My area said:
My condolences to them

I hope those survived will not have their life affected forever by this trauma
Unfortunately, this isn't something that can't irreparably change one's life forever.

From a personal perspective - there's a difference between moving on and letting go.

You can move on after a loss. But if you truly loved someone, you can never, ever let go of that person.

Antvasima said:
It should be noted that animators in Japan are usually barely scraping by in term of finances to start with, and (unlike western media celebrities) they seldom seem motivated by trying make an ideological impact, just by attempting to entertain and make other people happy, and then something like this happened to them. This is absolutely horrible. They absolutely deserved enormously better than this.
Agreed.

This is difficult to view. What a disgusting human being that did this.

I really liked the Suzumiya Haruhi series, and have heard that several of the other mentioned anime were very kind and quite wonderful as well, even though I never had the chance to view them, and now the creators are gone, just like that.

I already had very little faith in humanity thanks to all of the fundamentalist insanity of the species, and then even one of the few things that I still hold sacred was attacked in this absolutely horrible and vicious fashion.

I really don't know what to say about this tragedy. There isn't anything I can do to make it better except donate some money to the survivors.

MYHERO said:
These are the directors from the studio that has been confirmed dead for those of you who aren't aware.
4879BF59-CD01-4787-9148-629E0D243F7E
If any of the anime that is mentioned are particularly any of your favorites, please send them your condolences and help donate if you can. Thank you.

Please tell me more information came out and these people made it out alive somehow.

Terrorism would generally be if it was politically or religiously motivated; endangering the public to serve those goals. It would be mass murder in this case, since it was mostly psycopathic revenge (though there is some ambiguity in the definition).

I think this is what Pritti ment - by no means a downplaying of the incident. If anything, it is questioning if the plagerism notion held any merit as a definition of terrorism (does that count as political? Probably not. We need further information.). Terrorism is often used as a catch-all term when it shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back