• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Condolences to the family and members involved in the attack on Kyoto Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This literally makes me sick. These people have done nothing but try to make people happy with their work, and this guy comes along and decides that's not good enough for anyone, and so decides to take the lives of others into his own hands and end them. Anyone who believes terrorism is the correct course of action are scum, and I hope this man is dealt with accordingly.

I, too, send my condolences to the families of the victims of this horrible attack, and I wish them the best in attempting to recover after these terrible circumstances, and hope they manage to find a way through this pain that was so unjustly brought on them.

I'm late to this, but I'd like to give my condolences as well. It's terrible that this happened, especially for as petty a reason as "plagiarism", assuming wikipedia is correct about the motive. I'm currently unable to donate, but I have sent the link to my IRL friends who may be able to help. I'll send my prayers to the victims and their families.

This is just absolutely devastating and sick. I am someone who is aiming to work in animation myself and seeing something like this happen to people who only tried making millions and millions of people happy with their work of art makes me beyond angry, heart-broken and disgusted by how far people will go to ruin the lives of others. Never did I think we as people would stoop down so low to do something so inhumane.

My heart-felt condolences go to the families of these victims and I only pray that they can get through this incredibly painful time. I also pray that we as a community of anime fans can come together and make sure that the legacies of these wonderful animators dont die to such negativity but continue to live on.

I don't normally comment on these highlights but I really need to. What's happened here is deplorable, and my condolences go out to all the families. As someone who wants to try out the entertainment industry in general, the amount of times this kind of thing has happened is just terribly sad. These people just want to entertain others, out of the kindness of their heart and this...this is despicable.

My heart goes out to all of those who have lost, and all of those who are suffering and all who are mourning. I can't donate to that go fund me, but I'll be sure to share it. It's the least I can do.

Ryukama said:
https://twitter.com/KrisLigman/status/1151855995485687809

It's also important for many to realize just how significant this travesty is.
My apologies, but can somebody please summarise? I have recently blocked Twitter on my devices, as I get unhealthily fixated on/addicted to it, and do not have enough free time for it.

So much good is in this world, but moments like these are why so many lack faith in humanity.

My sincere condolences to everybody effected by the act of one person ruining something for everything else. Rest in peace to those that were lost, prayers for those who are trying to recover, and I hope the scum who did this rots in his cell for the rest of his life. A Death Penalty is too generous.

Antvasima said:
Ryukama said:
https://twitter.com/KrisLigman/status/1151855995485687809

It's also important for many to realize just how significant this travesty is.
My apologies, but can somebody please summarise? I have recently blocked Twitter on my devices, as I get unhealthily fixated on/addicted to it, and do not have enough free time for it.
It pretty much specified that this event matters to more people than anime lovers.

My apologies, but can somebody summarise? I have recently blocked Twitter on my devices, as I get unhealthily fixated/addicted to it, and do not have enough free time for it.

It's pointing out how many news stations are making this out to be something that only Anine fans care about, even though it's literally the biggest mass murder in post-war Japanese history.

I've never watched any shows from this studio and I'm only interested in a handful of anime, but even I can understand the significance of this.

The perpetrator burned down a building and killed 33 people because he thought they copied an idea from him/ripped off one of his ideas (or, in fact, they may have copied one of his ideas, but that doesn't make his actions justified in the least.)

What a piece of shit, I hope he gets the death penalty.

My condolences to the families and friends of the people who needlessly lost their lives.

Going to be honest, this is why there are times where I very much hate fictional debates because of how heated they get and how something so very irrelevant, like a vs match or fiction in general, can divide people and make them to believe they're enemies. All because someones favorite fiction or character doesnt win a comparison.

Thats why I always try and maintain a mutual level of respect and kindness to whoever I have a discussion with. Whether we agree or not, at the end of the day, how you present your character to people and how you maintain a relationship to them (aquintance, friend, etc.) is what matters, not something that isnt real and should not have influence over how we act or how we feel towards people.

I hope that this can be a teaching lesson to people about how fiction is irrelevant to how you live your life. As horrible and digusting that this tragedy is, I really do hope people understand how fiction is not a problem and should not be a problem in our lives, so long as we dont let it go that far. Fiction isnt bad for us, its just how we perceive it that can make it look bad. Focus on the good, not the bad. If you become inspired by fictional work to better your character, theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. But what you shouldnt ever do is let fiction end your relationships with people and sink your life down into a black hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back