• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

On Sera EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

So this is gonna be one of those days for me huh? Just woke up to see this and all I have to say is I Retract Any Sympathy or Empathy I ever had for this despicable Waste of DNA. I'm sorry if that comes off as needlessly hostile, but this is shit you DON'T ******* LIE ABOUT. I think I'm already done being a person for today....

Honestly, I don't want to pour fuel on the fire, but this right here is what people have complained about for years.

Years and years people have complained that we had far too much trust in staff, and we even had staff of our own point this out recently. The fact that we had someone like this in our staff shows that we need to be far more weary and cautious. We learned a good, valuable lesson, let's not waste it

...I don't know what to say here.

Like, I've only ever interacted with Sera in passing, so I don't really... feel anything about this. Everyone here has big dramatic stories about how they were tricked or whatever, but I've got nothing to add.

The only advice I can give is to just cut off all contact with her. She's not worth whatever friendship you think you have with her and if she did view any of us as friends than she wouldn't of done any of this. You don't owe her anything, especially not the benefit of the doubt.

I mean, people still need to remember that staff are just people as well. The only thing separating us from the average member is the authority. We as staff shouldn't be auto assumed to be the most trustworthy considering we are capable of doing any shitty thing a regular member is capable of. In fact it's worse as we as staff can usually hide things with our position. This whole event shows that, so keep an eye out for staff just as you would keep an eye out for any other member.

Honestly, I don't want to pour fuel on the fire, but this right here is what people have complained about for years.

Years and years people have complained that we had far too much trust in staff, and we even had staff of our own point this out recently. The fact that we had someone like this in our staff shows that we need to be far more weary and cautious. We learned a good, valuable lesson, let's not waste it
Agreed. We have become increasingly careful though. If we get serious complaints during our staff promotion surveys, we almost never promote somebody that was suggested.

And once again, you have to consider who actually heard these stories and when these stories were told.
I understand that Dragonmaster, but every story i have read from Sera had something outlandish in it, there might be some that didn't have anything, but I have seen no examples of this thus far, I am mainly telling people to take what is said online with a grain of salt

You essentially summed up my sentiments perfectly however trust is so easily lost and nigh-impossible to fully regain. I might sound jaded but I'm not going to hold my breath about things improving on the Wiki...

@XSOULOFCINDERX Your anger is very much justified and tbh being transparent with your emotions only makes you more human (if that makes sense).

Agreed. We have become increasingly careful though. If we get serious complaints during our staff promotion surveys, we almost never promote somebody that was suggested.
Then please also consider opening it for regular users as well, I've heard tons of complaints over Eficiente and WeeklyBattles for example, and even some staff could agree on that regard, and on the other hand some underrated users deserve being considered more for promotion out of helping on areas staff members tend to overlook in terms of productivity (Such as doing decent CRTs that aim to keep stuff accurate and up to date, for example)

Anyways, regarding Sera, thankfully I was right on the border on getting attached to her, but I never got enought contact to actually do so, yet I still symphatized with her, so with this information I'm mostly shocked at these acts, but I would want to believe that not all of her acts were in bad faith, and while that's technically the case, her poor acts still did several bad things to the community, and I think it would be best to just move on, fix what can be fixed from the innocent ones that got affected, and learn over this mistake to get a better community in general.

This.

If only I knew about the damage Sera had caused long before...

I am naïve. And I try to not show that to people given I’ve seen, and experienced first hand, people abusing of the naïveté of others and the damage it does. It doesn’t feel good, let me tel you. And I guess I am a fool for still being naïve and wanting to be a pleasant individual. Shame on me...

I actually went back on Sera’s Goodbye thread to try and delete my comment but I couldn’t. One just doesn’t do shit like that. It’s just not okay by any stretch of the imagination to abuse of people’s trust (the thing I personally value the most when it comes to relationships with people).

And now I am left with one question: What could Sera possibly hope to achieve by doing all the damage they have caused?

And to think this was the ‘staff member’ with the shortest time of being a regular user.

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day has been ruined.

Interacted with sera a few times and heard a few specks of rumours that circulated about her for a while now and I never expected that the rumours were on such a large scale until now.

While i don't active much here, however, seeing how a certain invidual abusing her own staff authority, taking advantages of her friends and colleagues alike, is truly unaceptable for me as a human being, considering many people really went into depression because of that. 2021 is not a good year for the community, first many mods taking retirement then we have this, affecting something that everyone cares about: Trust.

I genuinely hope everyone can overcome and not letting this affecting to your real life as well. Seeing a huge community suddenly falls apart just because of an invidual definitely not leaving a good aftertaste for me. In my country we have a near similar situation back in 2014 so i hope this kind of thing will not happen again, may the mods and admins recover from this incident, cheers.

I tried to be there for her when she needed help. I felt bad for her and her "family" and took pity on them when they would get into fights. When "Pritti" ran away and disappeared, I felt bad knowing I wasn't able to help her. I opened my heart to these "people".

To know it was all a lie, fills me with sorrow and rage. I already had a pretty shitty night due to Miura's death, and I woke up to find some friends I cared about never even existed. I am suffering for believing in her.

Deep down I knew, but I didnt want to believe it. I wanted to believe they were real and they cared. They even built up confidence in me, and said I was beautiful. I hate that it's all deception now. The memories we've shared I can no longer look back on the same way.

Anyway,

I was someone who was friends with Sera and her "crew" during the time of the drama that IMade and others are bringing up. Although my memory of all the shit that happened back then is mostly very foggy, I believed her when she talked about being doxxed and whatnot. So in regards to that time, I do feel betrayed as I was led to believe that particular group of people truly did this horrible thing. I apologize for that even though it likely is quite a few years too late.

After awhile however, even though I was still in her Google Hangouts group and apart of her Discord server, I barely interacted with her. She was still a friend, but I kinda just stopped interacting with her these past few years with only passing greetings or making a joke if I so happened to be on the VsWiki discord at the same time as her. And many can tell you that I am rarely even on that server. While I am not nearly as angry as many others considering that I am not familiar with all the stuff Sera did in the time I stopped talking to her and everyone in the Hangouts group, it still kinda pisses me off that this is what really happened all this time ago. I am not familiar with her "missing person" story (and if it was on her goodbye thread, I likely missed it as I skimmed through that text wall and posted a like to wish her the best) or some of these other stories. This fortunately didn't hit me as hard as other people.

Like I said earlier, while it is gonna be handled by the HR and Purples, I do hope that the ones who were banned due to that drama all those years back will be unbanned.

Last edited:
...Today's been so busy that my notifications are broken. I've got for notifications that won't go away no matter how much I tap them ha.
Click the number of alerts in the upper right corner of your screen, and then "show all". After that you should select to only show unchecked notifications, and bookmark that page.

Then please also consider opening it for regular users as well, I've heard tons of complaints over Eficiente and WeeklyBattles for example, and even some staff could agree on that regard, and on the other hand some underrated users deserve being considered more for promotion out of helping on areas staff members tend to overlook in terms of productivity (Such as doing decent CRTs that aim to keep stuff accurate and up to date, for example)
Longtime and productive regular members can come with informed suggestions for new staff, but there are no guarantees that the suggestions will eventually be accepted.

Jesus ******* Christ. Glad I never delved too deeply into that group... I always had a feeling that I shouldn't completely trust them.

I don't really have anything else to say about this, other than I can't help but laugh at the absurdity this is. This is so ******* extreme and has done so much to so many people that i'm genuinely cracking up at how the absolute **** this went on for so long.

Glad I trusted my gut. I think there's someone I need to talk to from this, though.

This sounds almost like a bad joke. I'd like to say that I'm shocked, but I'm more... Surprised. As Schnee said, we truly don't know anyone on the other side of the internet with certainty, and keeping that in mind helped me not be too shocked about this, but still, Jesus. This is a thing I didn't expect.

I was never someone important to the wiki, and I doubt I will, but I am a very old member here. Way before I ever had an account, I always watched stuff around here. Sera, for the longest time, struck me as a cool person and a very reliable staff member. I'm extremely disappointed and it makes my perspective change quite severely. What was done to Bambu was a grievous act, and while I do empathize with someone who truly needs help to the point of doing something of the like (I've had eerily similar experiences to this and it was almost always a case that the person needed a lot of help with dealing irl), most of all I think that this was a lot.

So much has to be re-evaluated. I remember whole threads banning people that were involved in harassing Sera, I remember the whole farewell thread, and many, many other things.

Newendigo said it best. I'm now a bit less trusting. I've had enough of my experiences on the internet that left me naturally skeptical of everything, never taking anything for granted, and this just showed me that, if anything, I should be even more wary.

I wish the best for Bambu and anyone else who was deeply inconvenienced by this whole ordeal, and I wish that, if Sera really needs it, they get very needed help.

Sorry if I expressed myself badly or if I seemed rude or anything, I'm willing to delete this, but english isn't my primary language and this was a bit too much to take in at once.

To be honest, after learning about what Sera done in the past, reveal her personal life on internet is kinda suspicious

This sounds almost like a bad joke. I'd like to say that I'm shocked, but I'm more... Surprised. As Schnee said, we truly don't know anyone on the other side of the internet with certainty, and keeping that in mind helped me not be too shocked about this, but still, Jesus. This is a thing I didn't expect.

I was never someone important to the wiki, and I doubt I will, but I am a very old member here. Way before I ever had an account, I always watched stuff around here. Sera, for the longest time, struck me as a cool person and a very reliable staff member. I'm extremely disappointed and it makes my perspective change quite severely. What was done to Bambu was a grievous act, and while I do empathize with someone who truly needs help to the point of doing something of the like (I've had eerily similar experiences to this and it was almost always a case that the person needed a lot of help with dealing irl), most of all I think that this was a lot.

So much has to be re-evaluated. I remember whole threads banning people that were involved in harassing Sera, I remember the whole farewell thread, and many, many other things.

Newendigo said it best. I'm now a bit less trusting. I've had enough of my experiences on the internet that left me naturally skeptical of everything, never taking anything for granted, and this just showed me that, if anything, I should be even more wary.

I wish the best for Bambu and anyone else who was deeply inconvenienced by this whole ordeal, and I wish that, if Sera really needs it, they get very needed help.

Sorry if I expressed myself badly or if I seemed rude or anything, I'm willing to delete this, but english isn't my primary language and this was a bit too much to take in at once.
Oddly enough, I thought YOU were Sera's "Husband", now it turns out she may not be married at all, if it is even a "She"

oh... huh, well, this is a little unfortunate, isn't it.

you know, I had little interaction with Sera, or whoever she decided to façade as.
I might not be the most active of the bunch here, or being even remotely known, for that matter; still, if experience earns me anything, for as young as I might be, it's simply sad to see a lovely community (for the most part, heh) steadily fall apart due to what could just be a black sheep amongst the herd.

to follow that, I might not know myself, but I'm pretty sure Sera hasn't been the only one worthy of speaking of when it comes to doing... "weird stuff", just so I don't say anything needlessly offensive in place, so, as hard as it may be, let's try and look on the bright side of this, yes?

she may not be the first, yes, but instead, we can try and make her the last.
as harsh of a lesson for us all this might be, it's always good to try and grow out of these bad habits, and put on some measures to prevent these kind of things from happening ever again, as a community.

additionally, to all those affected from... this whole situation, really, you have my wholehearted sympathy. I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
I'm not the most active person on the wiki. I can easily disappear in the middle of a revision and only comeback months later. There are many personal reasons for this, but sometimes it's out of stress and frustrations.

Because of this, I basically never ever interacted with people outside the wiki itself. I'm extremely selective of the people I accept in my "personal groups". I never ever shared emails with anyone, nor ever became part of a discord group (except Bambu's for D&D topics, and mostly am a lurker there as well).

The only person I might've done that aside from Cal? That was Sera. I used to admire her a lot. Naturally, I also empathize a lot with what she claimed to be suffering.

To those that are saying "well, but the stories are bs, you should've seen it coming", you need to understand something: It is very very different seeing it from the perspective of someone who from the start never wanted to have the trust. Because it is easy to "see" something as off when you are already on that mentality. But for people who got closed? Attached even? You just simply wouldn't want to believe someone is faking, even if you think something they said as impossible. Because you want to have that trust, you want to believe in that person. And it is hard coming to terms with the fact that, in the end, you were only living in that same fantasy land she fabricated all along.

And it really hurts, specially when you had lived through something like that already yet gave someone who you thought may empathize the chance anyway. It hits you straight where it hurts the most.

I would say the most shocking thing to me was that she made an entire ******* server (including myself) go through a mental breakdown stressing about either what to do to prevent someone (who many were friends with) from killing themselves and/or what they had already done to enact the same effect on somebody else FOR WEEKS. Constantly and blatantly exacerbating these feelings in a meticulous way, masterfully hammering into everybody's heads how hopeless and powerless they were while at the same time being detestable for being hopeless and powerless. But why was this done? Because Bambu called out one of these alts for being a prick to people who were trying to be nice.

I would say that was the most shocking thing... if it wasn't for the fact that before that drama she had already inserted "herself" (given venom was the original it's more likely that the mysterious agent being referred to is a male tbh) as a trusted confidant for emotionally and cognitively vulnerable people over a period of YEARS. At best that was disgustingly irresponsible given the effect the revealing of her lies could have on them and at worst was a precise action taken to gain power. Every play she made using her "friends" could have dire ******* consequences on them and she kept this up for 5 or so years.

This isn't just making one decision to **** up and possibly kill someone for the most miniscule of conveniences or to punish the most miniscule "transgressions"- this is taking multiple over a ridiculous amount of time while being shown all these emotions intimately and first-hand; thinking nothing of them.

Last edited:
I trusted Sera but I did suspect something iffy from her face reveals that Sera claimed to be her since they never match. I never put these actions in the forefront since some tend to lie about them and I have trust in Sera. I didn't think what Sera has done would be this bad. I feel trolled and I think a lot of us got trolled.

I hope our wiki policies or standards improved to prevent this kind of manipulation and also those users unjustly ban get their banned removed.
While I think the actions of Sera and others if they exist in the debacle are unforgivable, I hope Sera and the possible others involved get real help.

I have nothing left to say about the Sera news specifically that wasn't already said, but there is something from this that I want to get off my chest, and it bounces off of what KLOL and Axiom said earlier:
Like, its a ******* versus debating site for ****'s sakes, there's no need to actually gaslight people or dox people over it.
It this kind of drama that's (partly) the reason I'm currently taking a long break from the Wiki (and Vs debating in general). Pardon me if I sound cliche but this is ment to be a fun hobby where you can learn as well as share new information about different works of fiction while getting into various discussions/debates about miscellaneous subjects (since knowledge is the best the cure for ignorance).

That said the internet is a unpredictable place where some folks become so disconnected from reality to the point they actually believe some random person online (that they don't even truly now) is their friend, role model, muse, etc yet that random individual might not even be real moreover those who put on those facades online, sometimes begin to believe their own lies while also tricking others with their deceit eventually leading to creation of a false narrative/world that many believe to be the truth...

Honestly these past few months (likely longer for others) the Wiki has felt less stable as well as enjoyable to me and for some reason I've always had this underline feeling of tension just boiling beneath the surface and when that tension does occasionally erupt it has caused me lash out against others, leave projects unfinished and was slowly turning me into something I didn't want to become (hence why I'm taking a break).

I don't know when/if I will return to the Wiki (on more permanent bias) but these kind of revelations, aren't exactly encouraging me to return anytime soon, trust is a fickle commodity in that regard.
Im going to be fully honest here and say that not only are these 2 speaking the biggest truth in this whole thread, but it's something that all of us here need a reality check on so we can actually remember. It's completely disgusting and absolutely asinine to me that THIS MUCH ******* drama comes from that of a hobby where anything from your favorite elemental animal abominations to alien martial artists from different fictions are pit against each other in discussions to see who wins. And what's even more shocking is that instead of this snowball getting smaller, it keeps getting larger and larger the longer it rolls down the hill, because people can't have the common decency to remember that, at the end of the day, they are speaking to actual human beings from the other end of their screens. Not just a name.

Like, I get it. Fictional discussions, vs matches, and all that good shit wrapped up in this topic can become very heated, because of people being passionate about what they love. Everyone does this, including yours truly. This is part of what makes all of us actual humans, and that isn't anything to be ashamed about. It happens, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But what becomes an increasingly bigger and bigger issue is people who step beyond the realm of passion in vs debating and go straight into offense against the people they discuss things with. Going beyond simple agitation with someone and directly insulting their very person over a different takeaway on anything this topic provides as a discussion. Or worse, wasting valuable time and energy into, for whatever reason that only god knows, making people's lives as miserable as possible and smearing their reputation, and who they are, over a damn fictional discussion. These days, it feels much more like vs debating is some serious career and much less an actual activity. Many of us feel like, before we even click enter to post a CRT, we have to prepare for war from incoming opposition. And then turn the vs discussion into a REAL death match between us members in order for us to get want we want to push for accepted, whether that be cheating the system in their favor, finding any kind of technicality they can to make things go their way, creating some secret cult among members to organize plans against our sites standards or the ratings verses have, and the list can go on and on and on AND ON. All because we're fearful and hesitant of how the opposition will respond to what's being proposed, and even more fearful of what the reaction will be after the result is given. And that is why the quality of our site, or hell, the quality of the entire vs debating community as a whole, is making a steady and continuously growing decline along the way. And speaking as someone who spends a lot of his time on this site to partake in this hobby, which as already said should just be a HOBBY and not a damn job, it hurts and sickens me to see this many negatives and flaws go unfixed.

I can't speak for everyone and what reasons or motives they have to be on this site or participate in vs debating. But I most certainly do not spend my time on this site to become some "big shot" debater. I don't discuss or make threads here to eventually become some staff member to get some upgrade in power or moderation over what goes on here. I don't discuss or make threads here to be seen as some popular intellectual on the topics or series I discuss. And I definitely don't discuss or make threads here just to pass the free time I get from my own individual IRL responsibilities. I discuss and make threads here because I have genuine interest and love in the hobby. I love having fictional discussions, or discussing death battles, with people who I hope to end up becoming friends with on this platform for having similar interests and qualities that align with my own. This hobby is something that helps distract me from the demons of what the real world brings when not online, and is a great distraction for it's something I love to do and want to continue doing for a long time. Sure, things will not always be rainbows and unicorns, but I always have the decency to remember that I am speaking to actual people on here. Whatever mistakes I make, I feel bad about them and apologize for them to keep things as they should. Stable, balanced and fun.

Regardless of who's in the right, who's in the wrong, or who started what, I want the absolute best out of this community and everyone inside of it that can look past petty little squabbles like this and keep things fun like they always should be. But when the people who take this hobby far too serious as if their life depends on winning an argument or making another person's life miserable for disagreeing, it becomes increasingly more difficult to get any enjoyment out of the hobby. And even more difficult to try and stop the toxicity.

Last edited:
I always had suspicion over the legitimacy of Sera's claims, especially when she had a pregnancy that if you were to believe the dates would be a world record for most premature birth documented. However I didn't think telling tall tales on the internet was an egregious sin or that she deserved to be harassed over it. It is clear though that these lies have emotionally damaged and manipulated many members of the site. Sera was always nice to me personally but I cannot excuse her conduct and I share my sympathy to those who have been hurt by it. Hopefully the community will be able to move on and heal from this unfortunate situation.

And of course as always please do not harass anyone involved in this situation, whether it be Sera or Aizen or whoever. That helps absolutely nothing.

I believe the first rules of internet is never fully trust people even if they are friendly to you.

No disrespect to any mod, but I belive this is valuable lesson not to 100% trust anyone.
I mean you can say this and it's good on you to push this but the issue comes when you have to apply yourself in following this subconsciously. "What amount of information is too much." "Is this real or not?" or "Am I being safe?" "Is this person being honest with me.". Like you think it's a simple easy to understand message until you put it into practice and get dozens of varying opinions on whats considered to be "safe".

Me personally I believe I try to be nice, or non confrontational, when using this pysdonym. Outside of using a VPN I try to keep what I do here/anywhere else Fallout Equestria related very far away from my personal life. I don't see the point in using socks here or lying about my personal life to distort those topics. To me there just isn't a point.

But that's just it, read what I said before. You don't know anything about me more than what I choose to share online. Same vice versa.

I swear I've revised this message what feels like hundreds of times before. You can say it's an easy rule to follow but I don't believe in the slightest that that's a universal truth. Even someone so well versed in interacting online can and will slip up on trusting someone over the internet.

Make good choices, that's all you can try to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back