• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

On Sera EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
As you may know, during the forum move, all accounts with the same email registered were merged, as Xenforo only allows for one account for one email. As a result of this, three notable pairs of accounts were flagged and merged;
  • Sera EX and Lady Alice
  • VenomElite and Momokamaru
  • The Reclusive One and Yumi-tan
According to what Sera has said on Discord, on Fandom, and elsewhere, Lady Alice is supposedly a friend of Sera’s, a doctor living in South Korea, while Sera lives in Japan. Momokamaru is Pritti’s old account and it is claimed that Pritti is VenomElite’s sister and Sera’s sister-in-law. Reclusive is supposedly a real life friend and Yumi is also related to the Sera group. The other accounts who are in the Sera group are Tsubaki Blue, Keiyu, and Shouko, making a total of 9 people in this circle. All of them are either claimed to be Sera’s family or family friends.

The involvement of 6 out of 9 people of this group in sharing the same email addresses is telling that some, if not all, of them were socks. It is implausible to assume that two adults living in different countries would share the same email id. And for other people in the group to be caught doing the same thing, regardless of the claimed familial or friendly ties, is pretty suspicious.

Many of you will know that this is not the first time concerns about the potential use of socks in this group have been raised.

Recently, due to some very suspicious activities on Discord (including, but not limited to, Pritti’s “disappearance” from Kyoto when police claimed she was missing or dead, following a debate with Bambu), we decided to check the listed IPs for Sera and Pritti on the VSB forums, information available only to us Bureaucrats. Here, it was revealed that all IPs used by Pritti are identical to those used by Sera, which are consistently listed as within the United States - the same location, every single time. A large part of these IP addresses are static ones, not corporate, and though the website utilized can determine whether they come from a VPN or similar proxy service, no such flag exists for these IPs. For the sake of her privacy, we will not share these IPs, or the exact flagged location.

I don’t need to explain that this is not a good look for someone who is supposedly another adult who lives in Japan, on her own, separately from Sera. As a result, it is likely that at least some of, if not all of the accounts, are sockpuppets. This is a very bad look given that Sera used this almost certainly manufactured tragedy as an excuse to stir up more drama, and that other members of this group chose to spend this time waxing about their anguish and guilting and manipulating everyone around them. Because of this, some people left. Others came to me to speak about the miserable emotions they were going through in the wake of this.

And many more spoke about their guilt, their fear, and their sadness publicly on that discord server, while Shouko sat there and encouraged it all. This casts a negative light on the years of conflict and drama that Sera has been at the center of, ever since she became a member of the community.

She has also been going around on discord posting pictures claiming they are hers, and asking other users to do face reveals in return. One such photo she shared was reverse-searched and turned out to be of an instagram model called kiligkira, who has almost 1 million followers and is likely Chinese, going by the language in her bio. The person does not match with other photos and videos she has posted of her. Encouraging users to do face reveals while using a potentially fake photo of yourself is problematic and compromises their security. For the sake of the privacy of anyone affected here, we’re only going to be sharing the kiligkira photo, though it's not the only one to be flagged with reverse searches.

As a result of the distress and harm this “group” has caused our community over the years, we are left with little choice but to ban the lot of them. Regardless of why this happened, there is very little room for deniability or argument here - especially not with the boatloads of evidence that exist beforehand, such as general timezone strangeness (Sera obviously operates on an American timezone despite claiming to not only live in Japan, but have two children to care for), and Sera’s first child being 5 months premature, from the dates supplied by herself, and this not being an absolute life-changing medical emergency, which is what it would be normally. In Sera’s own words, the baby was “healthy and kicking” - which is not just implausible, but as close as can get to impossible. You can look up the statistics yourself on how births that are 5 months premature typically go.

I know this is hard to swallow, especially when she seemingly beat out the accusations in the past. Many of you are close to Sera - I, myself, once considered her a very good friend of mine, and I sided with her back then. I’m sorry that you all have to deal with this now, and I’m sure many of you are already preparing arguments to throw at me and the other bureaucrats over it, refusing to accept this outcome and verdict.

Some of Sera’s photos haven’t been reverse-searched successfully, and people have talked about hearing a baby in calls with her. We are not necessarily disputing the existence of those children, or these people, or discounting all of them - some of them may very well be real, but few of them match up. And, even if they are real, if I had wanted to, it would’ve been trivially easy for me to pass of a photo of my sister or sister-in-law, or one of my cousins, as a photo of me - and to exploit the time I have with my nieces and nephew to make it look as if I myself had children as well.

You really need to be more careful online. Especially with people who throw out larger-than-life stories about their experiences, and who seemingly just exist to hype one another up. Sitting on Versus Central for a day back in April, I saw Shouko talking about how Sera’s entire family thought she was the purest and best of them, how she drew a sword on someone who insulted her child. The day that I’m writing this, I saw Tsubaki talking about Shouko keeping up with horses by running on all fours. There are many other implausible stories, too. Not to say all of them are necessarily lies either, but - just be careful. I can't blame anyone for not thinking too hard about this stuff, but.

Because of these new revelations, some of the bans from back when this drama was in full swing the first time will likely have to be reevaluated. However, many of them were banned due to a combination of reasons, including generally terrible behavior and coordinated harassment of users onsite, so don’t get your hopes up there.

Thanks for reading. I’m sorry, that this has happened at all, that we ****** it up before, and that we didn’t deal with it sooner.

No spam or unnecessary comments - let’s keep the comments here to a minimum, alright? I know many of you may have certain miserable responses to this, but still.

@DontTalkDT @Ultima_Reality @SomebodyData @The_real_cal_howard @Dragonmasterxyz @Celestial_Pegasus @Soldier_Blue @Saikou_The_Lewd_King @Andytrenom @DarkDragonMedeus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Ogbunabali @Abstractions @WeeklyBattles @Colonel_Krukov @Shadowbokunohero @Mindovin @Jvando @SamanPatou @Just_a_Random_Butler @Dino_Ranger_Black @Gemmysaur @JustSomeWeirdo @LordGriffin1000 @Theglassman12 @Crabwhale @Eficiente @GyroNutz @DarkGrath @The_Wright_Way @Moritzva @Firestorm808 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Everything12 @Duedate8898 @Planck69 @KingTempest @The_Impress @Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer @Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Therefir @Ugarik @DMUA @Jasonsith @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79 @The_Divine_Phoenix @ZackMoon1234

Last edited:
It hurts, but the evidence is undeniable, and unless she proves her innocence truly to an extent staff here believes, I’ll also be banning her on my server.

That’s all I will say on the matter.

I just want to put out that while it's easy to recontextualize alot Sera's behaviors as being evil or selfish based on this, I don't think we should be that quick to demonize her as I feel she did consider us as friends and has helped alot of us in problematic times.

For wiki purposes, she is justifiably banned, but I don't think she should be ostracized on Discord for it, or any other platform. I still will completely be willing to believe, even if the OP was 100% correct, she meant no harm to anyone, even if it may have been caused regardless.

she meant no harm to anyone, even if it may have been caused regardless.
One of the recent reasons why we decided this route, was the fact that she tried to guilt-trip Bambu about her niece supposedly running away and killing herself. Never mind the countless bans, drama, and times the wiki has been nearly torn apart.

While I can't blame you for thinking this way, her actions speak a very different story if we're correct about all this. If you still intend to support her and be friends, that's fine. But we shouldn't also deny a very real malice or harmful selfishness behind these actions.

Been struggling for a couple minutes to even come up with something to say. It is insanely shocking and a lot to take in.

I will only say: We should not let these news completely shatter our morale. The wiki shouldn't have to be compromised for the actions of a single individual, no matter how important that person was. Take it as a moment to unite and go through this, to keep improving the community. That is my only wish following this.

Been struggling for a couple minutes to even come up with something to say. It is insanely shocking and a lot to take in.

I will only say: We should not let these news completely shatter our morale. The wiki shouldn't have to be compromised for the actions of a single individual, no matter how important that person was. Take it as a moment to unite and go through this, to keep improving the community. That is my only wish following this.
I strongly agree with Lephyr.

Well then. My only advice on the situation would be to not spread vitriol from this - I think many people would be understandably upset about this, but it should always be kept in mind to not take that and harass involved individuals.
I agree with this as well.

Well. I've vaguely been hearing whispers for a while now about something going on with Sera, but I certainly wasn't expecting this.

To be honest, I'm not even quite sure how to react. The evidence has been put forward as to what Sera has done, but currently, I'm utterly clueless on why they did it. And I struggle to react to something severely until I can figure that part out.

It's funny seeing this thread a few years after the Discord drama where so many of my friends were banned for "doxxing" Sera and "destabilizing the wiki".
All this information, we literally knew about this stuff. The Chinese instagram model and fake baby (the baby is fake btw, if anyone is wondering about the pics with kids in them, they are fake as well and some random family pulled from Facebook if I'm remembering it all correctly). I knew about it by the date listed on my account name, I made my account after being told by the likes of the banned users.

You also left out some info I'm sure you should have found via this search, I'm assuming that's for privacy reasons to not actually unveil who Sera really was? I can respect that and will also do the same.

I kinda feel vindicated since I always knew Sera was not who they were but that there was nothing I could do about it when everyone besides Zemsun and I had been banned.

I'm hoping now this can bring some discussion back to the bans that had been implemented on them if possible.

Because of these new revelations, some of the bans from back when this drama was in full swing the first time will likely have to be reevaluated. However, many of them were banned due to a combination of reasons, including generally terrible behavior and coordinated harassment of users onsite, so don’t get your hopes up there.
If need be, I can help with communications with the banned users. It's been 3 years, but they're still around online.

My favorite fake Sera story was that Ven single-handedly beat like 8 armed men in a fight. Like, c'mon, man? If you're gonna be lying at least make it believable.

I kinda feel vindicated since I always knew Sera was not who they were but that there was nothing I could do about it when everyone besides Zemsun and I had been banned.
^THIS

It's baffling how many users have been ostracized and silenced from the wiki just by literally saying what this thread was saying. Funny how if we made this post years ago, We would be banned by the staff in lightspeed......

Hey guys fun fact on some privacy stuff:

Webmasters can see your IP when you connect, this applies to every website, be aware of that. They can tell if you're on tor or a VPN.

If you deleted stuff in discord, no you didn't. If a picture was opened in browser, there's now a permanent link to that picture. You could post something and delete it five seconds later but someone who's opened it in browser and saved the link has it forever.

Don't post personal info online that would screw you over if it gets out, no matter how trustworthy the person (excluding stuff like people you know irl and buying things online). Some people are better at hiding who they are than others.

My favorite fake Sera story was that Ven single-handedly beat like 8 armed men in a fight.
bd2.jpg

I remember insulting some dudes on how accusing someone of faking pregnancy was dumb af. I feel kinda like the dumb one in everything's true.

Didn't know her much either way, although it's kinda sad to see how many things come to light these days, especially since forum move.

Also be careful people. Internet is a jungle.

Try to read the room a bit. Even if you are right.

As I said in the original post, I'm sorry that this ended up going on as long as it did, and for the part I played in it. But it's done now.
Read the room?!

Prom, it's been 4 years since this all started and a dozen years got banned for, read our room!

My friends got banned for finding out about this and "Sera" crying that we doxxed!

I would not be here talking to you now if it weren't for Kep not having found screenshots of me talking about this in the Discord server that started this all. I would have been banned for Sera's lies as well.

I also agree with Lephyr and Dargoo, this was not the first time former staff members have been involved in conspiracies that are very dangerous to the wiki nor is it the worst. Even some people who have done worse are strongly remembered as valuable staff members. Out of respect + for reminder to remain respectful, they shall not be named.

I too sympathized with Sera as I too have some of the same psychological conditions she mentioned quite frequently. This includes a combination of social anxiety and PTSD. And also know what it's like grow up with overtly strict parents. And even if these may or may not be truths about her, I still always viewed her as a friend and always will. And has always been thankful of the things she helped out on.

I said it on her farewell thread and will say it again, I will miss her but this is a long coming decision that needed to be done. So people avoid attacking or ridiculing her while at the same time please do not hate or blame the staff just for this. Lots of people may be upset about this and others may have things they are upset about satisfied, but as Prom said. Please keep this discussion civilized and slander free.

It's funny seeing this thread a few years after the Discord drama where so many of my friends were banned for "doxxing" Sera and "destabilizing the wiki".
All this information, we literally knew about this stuff. The Chinese instagram model and fake baby (the baby is fake btw, if anyone is wondering about the pics with kids in them, they are fake as well and some random family pulled from Facebook if I'm remembering it all correctly). I knew about it by the date listed on my account name, I made my account after being told by the likes of the banned users.

You also left out some info I'm sure you should have found via this search, I'm assuming that's for privacy reasons to not actually unveil who Sera really was? I can respect that and will also do the same.

Lowkey stopped ghosting just for this comment lmao.

I didn't want to say anything because 'oh lul evidence till proven guilty' or whatever.
But honestly, this seems like it was kind of in the air for a while now. Kind of disappointing it had to happen this particular WAY but what can you do.

As Promestein said, we are all very sorry for handling this badly the last time around. I was personally extremely stressed out by everything going on at the time, we were still quite inexperienced in those days, and we did not have sufficient available non-contradictory data to draw clear conclusions. Things would likely have gone differently if we had asked Fandom to check geographic IP locations and they had agreed with us, although the latter is very unlikely.

I also agree with Lephyr and Dargoo, this was not the first time former staff members have been involved in conspiracies that are very dangerous to the wiki nor is it the worst. Even some people who have done worse are strongly remembered as valuable staff members. Out of respect + for reminder to remain respectful, they shall not be named.

I too sympathized with Sera as I too have some of the same psychological conditions she mentioned quite frequently. This includes a combination of social anxiety and PTSD. And also know what it's like grow up with overtly strict parents. And even if these may or may not be truths about her, I still always viewed her as a friend and always will. And has always been thankful of the things she helped out on.

I said it on her farewell thread and will say it again, I will miss her but this is a long coming decision that needed to be done. So people avoid attacking or ridiculing her while at the same time please do not hate or blame the staff just for this. Lots of people may be upset about this and others may have things they are upset about satisfied, but as Prom said. Please keep this discussion civilized and slander free.
Empathize is the word you are looking for.

You can empathize with "them", but not sympathize with "them". That would mean you agree with them. You can't agree with someone that did that much harm to the wiki over 4 years.

Everything "Sera" said was false, I won't say what I know cause I can respect privacy, but you did not know "them" at all.

As Promestein said, we are all very sorry for handling this badly the last time around. I was personally extremely stressed out by everything going on at the time, we were still quite inexperienced in those days, and we did not have sufficient enough available non-contradictory data to draw clear conclusions. Things would likely have gone differently if we had asked Fandom to check geographic IP locations and they had agreed with us, although the latter is very unlikely.
The better man in me would accept that apology, but I wasn't the one banned and who should be apologized to first.

You know where to find me if you want to talk to them still.

I'm locking this thread.

Nothing good can be said of the situation and if you want to be unbanned, this is not the thread to look for.

What's done is done.

Man all I'm gonna say is holy shit it's nice to finally have all my paranoia and suspicions confirmed, jesus christ that was a weight.

Sera was absolutely malicious. Maybe she considered us friends, but I've never been guilt-tripped and mentally ****** with more than by that ******' thing.

I'm all for reopening the case for Imade's friends but it should be done privately, yeah. Maybe after the gaping wound in reality that is this thread has cooled off a smidge. I understand being upset to be proven right after years, but empathy is a two-way street.

I

am opening this thread.

People should be allowed to express their views. Given that this is big. And we want to be transparent with them.

That said, this is not a place to bring up the matter of unbanning several members from the past. There was more stuff involved in that incident than simply doxing Sera. It will be discussed between the Bureaucrats and HR members, after this matter settles down. If you want to talk about that, use message walls or PMs.

Please don't cause havoc in this thread. I will administer thread-bans on people who will be persistent to cause drama. And I will permanently close it if it gets out of hand.

Come to think of it, I think that I likely did ask Bert Hall or Eva Niroomand for the rough IP location of Sera back then, but that it was not accepted. I may misremember though.

Holy shitto 😂 are you to tell me everything that came out of her mouth was a lie? and she had the nerves to throw insults at others for doing the same thing she was doing? I knew some thing was up when she said she attacked someone “with a sword” like who tells people on the internet what they did? That legit something that I would have had to call the police on

anyways she did what she did and it’s time to move on

Holy shitto 😂 are you to tell me everything that came out of her mouth was a lie? and she had the nerves to throw insults at others for doing the same thing she was doing? I knew some thing was up when she said she attacked someone “with a sword” like who tells people on the internet what they did? That legit something that I would have had to call the police on

anyways she did what she did and it’s time to move on
im just sitting here thinking "people really eat those stories up?"

Can't say I didn't suspect it, while I am the opposite of a good social judge I did suspect that, I never shared because what reason would I have to share what is equivalent to a freaking conspiracy theory, probably stemmed from me watching several people(not IRL mind you) get manipulated over the internet and you have a very apathetic reaper when its brought up.

Of course there's the point of i generally avoid those kinds of conversations for better or worse on the matter, ill give my sympathies for a bit and then straight up forget the conversation even existed, I hate loss of life and violence but on the other side of the coin I know damn well its often used to manipulate people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back