• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

On Sera EX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am sry for commenting here but when people start giving out that much of personal information about that life, having larger than life stories doesn't it become so suspicious.

This is actually pretty sad. The dramas were... weird and all, but I didn't expect anything of this sheer magnitude. I am actually both impressed and sad. Weirdly enough I don't quite dislike her personally, I almost never involved myself in any drama and only knew she was nice. My memories of the server pretty much date from a year earlier, which is probably why I was called the "server time capsule" once heh. But I see that this went far.... far beyond the scope of mere sockpuppeting. Some of those I consider friends, who were involved in this far deeper than I, were hurt by this. Bambu's guilt-tripping for example. Another of my friend was also close. And the Bambu thing, that... will be hard to forget. When I also saw some members left the wiki due to consequences relating to this... welp. I believe the bad doesn't remove from the good, but the bad is enormous here so... I suppose a permaban is more than fitting. I am grateful for help offered during these years, but man... this is just.. like sure, I was thinking a lot of that was ridiculous, but this is an elphant to the ant that were my suspicions.

But ah well, a lot of finger pointing was done already, won't add to it. One of the good things that came out of it though for me is that I somehow found a bond with Bambu due to this. We were both adhering to the Way of "**** this shit I'm out", and hence felt a deep brotherly bond in wtf-ing together. Heh.

That said, I hope the community can fix itself and move on past this. I still have genuinly no idea how debating sites can reach this level of drama, this is even on a higher existential plane of drama that comicvine ever had. But I do hope everyone will be able to move on safely. And of course, that whoever was unjustly done in because of this will be readressed properly.

I wish you all a safe and nice day.

I am tempted to make a "Top 10 Anime Plot Twists" meme to lighten the mood, but it probably will be in bad taste for some so I shall refrain.

Wow.. this really isn't something I would've expected to happen in this site

Hopefully we learn from this and make sure such a thing doesn't happen again

I still find it funny that Tsubaki went around threatening others online like she's a ******* Navy SEAL or some shit instead of a renta mall cop if even that part is true.

I get heated in some debates but never to the point of threatening others over fictional shit, for real this site is literally just the opinion of a bunch of nerds for lack there for a better word, the fact that a gratuitous amount of sociopathic Manipulation Hannibal Lector style was needed for Sera / Ven to destabilize the wiki whilst getting dozens of innocent users (Me and the Discord situation that everyone knows by now.) is beyond laughable.

If anyone wants to be a smartass over "omg why didn't you already know", FYI, lying doesn't automatically mean the person you're talking to has been a fake person overall.

If Sera and co. made outlandish claims, that's what we thought of it, outlandish claims, they're full of shit, and nothing else. Deadass no one would think once of "THEY'RE ALL SOCKPUPPETS CONTROLLED BY A SINGLE PERSON THAT HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR 5 YEARS".

Being full of shit is nothing problematic on its own or alot of dumdums would have been reported off site, Alot of her images didn't backtrace anywhere, she was knowledgeable enough on the alibi she presented, and no one was cyberstalking her and noting down every single outlandish claim she has ever said.

So maybe y'all should get an ego check before you go around claiming you'd have figured it out with zero ******* evidence that actually mattered.

I can't resist the tentation :v

But seriously, I'm sorry for everyone that got involved in a personal level, while I might not have a clue about how you feel or how this hit you guys I'm truly sorry this had to happen.

I know we aren't the strongest community around but we have managed over the years and we will continue despite this, I know some people will not be able to trust in the people here or the ones they call "friends" but I assure you that not everyone is bad and malicious, just be careful on how much you allow yourself to open to strangers.

There is a saying about how time cures everything so yeah, just give it time and we will get out on top in the end, like always

Last edited:
I can understand how the people here are hurt by this, but when you start thinking any of the stories I've seen from Sera at all, it was pretty obvious that Sera was talking out of their ass. For those that considered yourselves friends of Sera, you should have called this out, friends don't let friends do that.

and @Starter_Pack, and all of those who were manipulated. hold your head high, you were a part of the masses whom Sera managed to manipulate but at the end of the day life goes on, use this as a cautionary tale for others and grow from it, and if you want something truly calm to watch please see below.

Wow. I didn't knew a lot about Sera so hearing all of this was a lie is pretty surprising for me.

As for myself, I wasn't really close to her, but I do remember that I participated in a thread that derailed to flames and supposedly "caused" her an emotional breakdown, so I kind of blamed myself for being one of the resons she "broke down"

Now discovering that all of this was a lie and that I was being emotionally manipulated by her because of this, I have very conflicted feelings and don't know what to say about this

Only images not of him/her have not been backtraced. But still with all this things seem to point to this user being a catfish.
Catfished to the utmost degree, to the point of being "staff with least amount of time as a regular" for years. It doesn't matter which part of it is some BS fake news or how much of it is

Moral of the story dont ever simp for anyone online, or else end up being a emotional plaything like how lots have ended up here

Last edited:
My mind went to "Schizophrenia Sora" after readed but i think it doesn't make sense

Anyway i never attached to Sora "families" aside Sora herself but man, the lie she spreaded for long amount off years are surely impactful

As a friend of her, its kind of hurt that your friends was a wolf in sheep costume, and fyi its not the first time i got betrayed like this, my fellow indonesian friend who became my first ever friends when i'm still a newbie, turn out to be a person who opposite vsbw a lot, its happened around Ever incident raised from the surface

Isn't hurt? Yes but absolutely no way i can be turned off and depressed by this, learned from my attitudes and believed in my religion, i can move on from it despite with unstable mental i had as long i van control it right i would be okay (sorry if its sounded flexing lel)

Deadass no one would think once of "THEY'RE ALL SOCKPUPPETS CONTROLLED BY A SINGLE PERSON THAT HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR 5 YEARS".
LordAizenSama, LordXcano, AustrianManMeat, Filflourine, Gwen, and Grudgeman.

I learned Sera was not real from them and the other members of the Discord group in 2017.

Google reverse image search for her most of her images lead to Facebook/Instagram profiles that didn't line up with their claims.

Words cannot describe on how disappointing this news is. I have been one of the people who try and comfort Sera during the "doxxing" incident which resulting several users banned.

This leave a really terrible taste in my mouth.

So, I noticed a lot of people started to message me on Discord after I made my statement, so I will just post it here as well so everyone is aware. Yes, I'm still fairly distraught over the trauma caused to me by Sera. But I am okay.

Seriously, I'm actually quite happy with how many people jumped up and asked how I was doing. Ironically, it's that exact same kind of behavior that led to my emotional scarring in the first place. But I absolutely appreciate everyone who bothered to check in on me, and especially since I've had a few hours to process this information, I'm doing fine.

Also, an honest request from me, but as individuals all over here have tried to say, let's try not to rail against each other about separate issues apart from the Sera problem. If it truly means that much to you, I do ask you to move it to the messages. I hope that we can use this thread not to stew in our own misery, but to come together as a community, learn a solid lesson about ensuring no one becomes a victim like so many people here have, and seek the positive side of this whole situation.

Myself? After I took a quick nap, I decided to work on tasks both around the house and on the wiki, and I'm planning on catching up on a couple of shows I've been neglecting as of late. (In fact, maybe it's about due time to hop back into one particular show teaching the lessons and value of friendship with bright and pleasant colors and charming characters to accompany it?)

Regardless, take care everyone. Remember, the times when everyone is hurt and feeling down are the best times to seek and make someone smile!

LordAizenSama, LordXcano, AustrianManMeat, Filflourine, Gwen, and Grudgeman.

I learned Sera was not real from them and the other members of the Discord group in 2017.

Google reverse image search for her most of her images lead to Facebook/Instagram profiles that didn't line up with their claims.
Filflourine should definitely be unbanned, he/she was incredibly relaxed and almost never caused trouble

Unsure about the others

We really shouldn't talk about the banned users, you may politely talk to some Bureaucrats or HR Group members in private about it, but AKM, Prom, and the others already made official reminders and said this is not the place to discuss it.

Also just to clear some shit up, nobody in our server doxxed or harassed Sera or her family, since i see stupid ass claims like this from people who have no knowledge regarding the situation.

Learn the definition of what doxxing means, doxxing would be me finding out where Imade lives, his name and other private information about him to the public. Utilizing the reverse image search function to reduce that selfie isn’t legitimate isn't a form of doxxing. That's a serious crime and I've seen people saying this shit for years.

Wow. Just wow.

I didn't know Sera personally, only in passing, but I had no idea he/she was doing all of this. That's kind of extreme to fabricate your entire life and also psychologically/emotionally mess with other people for seemingly no reason. I honestly don't have much more to say on that topic, since most of it's already been said.

One dude defeating 8 armed men like Steve Rogers in Captain America: The Winter Soldier does sound outlandish, but I'm not gonna be like "lol why did you believe that?", since I myself tend to be a pretty gullible dude. If someone I knew online said something over the top like that, I'd probably be like "yeah, OK, bro", but I wouldn't think that everything they're saying is a lie. I'd more than likely think it's a hyperbolic statement, and that's probably what most of the people who knew Sera (or rather, the mask called Sera) thought, since sometimes stress/anger/depression people to exaggerate or use hyperbolic statements (at least from my own experience).

I read through the "Sayonara" post, and expressed empathy for what was put there, but now that empathy is gone. But, in the words of Escanor, "I have no hate for [Sera], only pity". Again, not gonna linger on this too long or talk about internet safety since that's already been touched on a decent amount. However, what I will say is that stuff like this is part of the reason why I try to be as genuine as possible online. I don't want to even inadvertently lie about the type of person I am, my character, etc. And people like Sera who do stuff like this are part of the reason why I don't do face reveals online, rarely share my email, etc.

Aside from that, when I made my post on the Sayonara thread, I said I would be praying for Sera, and I still will be, as well as praying for each and every person who was duped, played, and manipulated by Sera.

I've said my peace, and that should be the first and last post I make on this thread.

Hello, friends.
It's been a while, hasn't it? I felt the need to come back and write this for a bit.

Needless to say, I'm torn by this turn of events. I'd been distancing myself from VBW and stuff related to it since the past year, but I still retained something of a friendship with Sera, and even though I had an underlying suspicion, I still didn't really want to believe it.

I obviously got plenty to live up to with some people due to that mistake, but that's a story I'll have to solve on my own.
Ciao.

I'll be upfront with the fact that I have never, and I mean never, interacted with Sera at all. I've seen her present in the occasional thread, but it was never a thread I was involved in, just one I was looking at out of curiosity. Needless to say, I have literally zero ties to her.

That said, I am utterly appalled at what happened here. Even if I don't know the full context, what was presented at the beginning of the thread is enough for me to know the level of depravity this falls under.

My sympathy goes out to everyone who was affected by her manipulation. I know it's easy to say in hindsight that her lies were too ridiculous for anyone to have believed, but take into account that at least most of these people felt close enough to her to trust her. At the very least, they had taken her deception as harmless hyperboles. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of torment you guys who had fallen victim to this felt. The harsh reality, though, is that there are people like that. They will make you feel a false sense of security, when in reality, they've been playing you like a fiddle. Please, everyone, be careful who you trust.

But, despite the damage that was done, we're only down; not out.

I've seen a handful of terrible incidents regarding members, regular and staff, of this community. I don't blame anyone who leaves as a result, as this can be incredibly disheartening and gives the impression of a toxic cesspool of people who don't seem to realize this is all over a bunch of fictional McGuffins fighting it out with whatever weird abilities they were blessed/cursed with. Yes, there are people who take things way too far. Yes, people need to realize they're talking to actual humans with actual feelings. And yes, this is something we all need to keep in mind and it's something no one is exempt from.

However, I feel like this is very much possible to do. We should take these moments not as some lethal blow that'll hold us back for who-knows-how-long, but as a setback that we can use to grow as a community in some way or another; because I'll be honest:

I still utterly love this site.

It's fun to debate my favorite verses with people who share the debating interest. It's satisfying when I make a calc and it results in something great. It's especially great when I'm able to find people who share my interests to just talk with off-site. Hell, I wouldn't have met one of my best friends if not for being on this site. It means a lot to me. What we should do is keep going, remembering that at the end of the day, this is all just harmless fiction that - while it's understandable to get passionate over - is not worth causing so much trouble. We need to keep this in mind as we go forward, while not letting these past setbacks break our spirits.

Let's keep our heads up, fellas. ✊

I'll be upfront with the fact that I have never, and I mean never, interacted with Sera at all. I've seen her present in the occasional thread, but it was never a thread I was involved in, just one I was looking at out of curiosity. Needless to say, I have literally zero ties to her.

That said, I am utterly appalled at what happened here. Even if I don't know the full context, what was presented at the beginning of the thread is enough for me to know the level of depravity this falls under.

My sympathy goes out to everyone who was affected by her manipulation. I know it's easy to say in hindsight that her lies were too ridiculous for anyone to have believed, but take into account that at least most of these people felt close enough to her to trust her. At the very least, they had taken her deception as harmless hyperboles. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of torment you guys who had fallen victim to this felt. The harsh reality, though, is that there are people like that. They will make you feel a false sense of security, when in reality, they've been playing you like a fiddle. Please, everyone, be careful who you trust.

But, despite the damage that was done, we're only down; not out.

I've seen a handful of terrible incidents regarding members, regular and staff, of this community. I don't blame anyone who leaves as a result, as this can be incredibly disheartening and gives the impression of a toxic cesspool of people who don't seem to realize this is all over a bunch of fictional McGuffins fighting it out with whatever weird abilities they were blessed/cursed with. Yes, there are people who take things way too far. Yes, people need to realize they're talking to actual humans with actual feelings. And yes, this is something we all need to keep in mind and it's something no one is exempt from.

However, I feel like this is very much possible to do. We should take these moments not as some lethal blow that'll hold us back for who-knows-how-long, but as a setback that we can use to grow as a community in some way or another; because I'll be honest:

I still utterly love this site.

It's fun to debate my favorite verses with people who share the debating interest. It's satisfying when I make a calc and it results in something great. It's especially great when I'm able to find people who share my interests to just talk with off-site. Hell, I wouldn't have met one of my best friends if not for being on this site. It means a lot to me. What we should do is keep going, remembering that at the end of the day, this is all just harmless fiction that - while it's understandable to get passionate over - is not worth causing so much trouble. We need to keep this in mind as we go forward, while not letting these past setbacks break our spirits.

Let's keep our heads up, fellas. ✊
Extremely well said.

I’m not sad. But I am angry. I don’t like being made a fool of, and all the people who knew the entire time probably see me that way because I did buy a lot of the stuff. Of course I never heard the outlandish stuff (besides the window jumping but I still thought that was just harmless exaggeration), but I’ve hardcore defended “them” over the years, and lost many friends due to it, as I was very chill with the quote on quote Bleach folks back in the day. As the person who’s probably revealed the most about their personal life over the wiki (y’all have my Instagram, my comic, my high school YouTube theater skit, etc) it does piss me off that I revealed all that stuff to a facade. I just wanna make up with the others who got the shaft from the situation. I’m not gonna call myself a victim or say I will have to relearn to trust people, because at the end of the day, every single one of you are just Internet faces that I’ll never see even if I want to, but I’m definitely gonna have a few beers to try to forget how much of an idiot I was made to seem. Because that’s what pisses me off the most. I was made to be an idiot.

I wasnt really aware of any of this since i just stay away from drama like that and havent really known sera. But um, seras leaving message was posted in a server i was on and well. I could post it here but i think it would be too controversial so ledz not!

Also, i know im probably being pretty ignorant saying this and could hardly imagine how id feel if this happened with certain people i were close to, but if i can give anything to cal above or anyone else affected. Dont feel so bad about it or let it get to you too much. We all have our faults and some of us are less cautious than others. Its far from easy to pick up someone has fabricated their entire life especially online and even more so with someone you trust immensely. Best i can say to it is to be careful and just be glad you found out better late than never. But yeah, my condolences to anyone affected by this.

I probably know her far less than anyone else here. I kept everything professional and just related to vs-wiki when i did any messaging with her (which was very few times)

but. Why would someone go so far to create this internet persona and web of deceit, lies, and manipulation? What was the point of all this? A lot of effort for no goal? Maybe there was a motive and i missed it when reading over the thread.

I probably know her far less than anyone else here. I kept everything professional and just related to vs-wiki when i did any messaging with her (which was very few times)

but. Why would someone go so far to create this internet persona and web of deceit, lies, and manipulation? What was the point of all this? A lot of effort for no goal? Maybe there was a motive and i missed it when reading over the thread.
They were either bored or (in lack of better terms) their mental wasn't at 100%.

If they were bored, they probably wanted to be funny once, then they told a lie they had to maintain, and the lie got so bad that it turned out to this.

It can be a number of reasons tbh, don't wrap your head around it

We will bounce back, we did it when a groomer was found out(Barely any knowledge on this one, but I remember it being mentioned at some point) and we will do it now! We will hold our heads high and face the challenges head on! Whether it be trolls, mentally unstable people, or terrible people we will push on! We shall take every challenge that the world throws our way with confidence! Every member of this community will support the rest in times of need! If our resolve is shattered those who would go against us win, but that will never happen! We stand strong against what the universe throws at us and we laugh at the trolls, offer help to the mentally unstable, and condemn the truly wicked! And everyone shall remember one thing: We are always prepared to help eachother, and it is with this truth that we have made VSBattles Wikia great!

A big thank you to everybody who are offering messages of hope, kindness, and perseverance in the face of all this. I strongly agree. Most members here are usually trying to be helpful, nice, reasonable, and collaborative to each other. These are the principles that we should continuously build our community based on, so we can eventually emerge stronger from this ordeal.

Also, my condolences to all of those who feel abused, tricked, and betrayed by this turn of events. I am very sorry that this had to happen to you.

The HR group is already evaluating the bans that were applied partially because of this situation over 2 years ago.

To be honest, i don't know her as much as long time member here, aside from her suppose retirement thread so she could play the role of victim which i also fall prey to. So i'm not affected as much as other long time member, especially those who considered her as friend, except i regret that i offered my sincere words to her. And I understand the feel of hurt, betrayed, anger, etc...But like Ant and many others said, we should considering this as a lesson and move on, it is hard to forget, yes i understand but we must leave this behind, weeping over this will not do anything good, all of this will not change, and it is the sign that she totally/sucessfully manipulating us emotionally. She already succeed once according to many member, and she did it the second time with the victim role of her retirement thread, and she will win the third time if we let this revelation affect and torn us apart. So we need to show that we strong and she will not win this third time.

This is my opinion, thank in advance for all who read, if i accidentally offended anyone, the allow me to say sorry in advance, sincerely sorry.

Maybe it's just because I hang around sensible parts of the site, but I have never seen anything remotely like that happen. Where a non-staff user presents a well-composed argument, a staff member lies, and everyone circlejerks the staff member and ***** on the non-staff user, advocating for the non-staff user to be banned.

The absolute closest thing I've seen is "Ant doesn't know what the verse is or understand the arguments being made, so he asks a staff member to comment and evaluate it." Which I understand can seem weird if you're the non-staff user (why doesn't Ant just listen to me instead of calling in other people?) but I've seen him pay a lot more attention and do more self-evaluation on topics he seems to have a better understanding of.

I honestly have no clue what actionable thing should be done from what you say. Yeah, don't circlejerk mods when they're wrong, but does that even happen? Non-calc group users have disputed calcs before without it falling on deaf ears. When certain staff members **** up in threads, you can see 6 users rushing to the RVT, often resulting in some sort of punishment.

And more, I have no clue how this relates in any way to the Sera situation. You tryna say that mod-circlejerks is the thing that convinced people that these 8 socks were her family members? I really don't get it.
Just a clarification that it is not always that I would be unable to understand if I had more free time. The main issue is that I am so extremely overworked that I have to try to split the workload with other staff members, and have to trust their senses of judgement. That is all.

Anyway, me and everybody involved in this particular discussion are derailing from the main purpose of this thread, so we should stop here.

I don't know about you guys, but a part of me feels oddly intrigued by this entire situation.

Imagine what was going on in the head of the person behind all those socks, who is willing to keep the facade up through all these years and manipulated many users to go along with the play like an impressionable audience in a carny magician's show?

You can't even claim that what the person did was all for the lols or something done as a weird hobby not to be extensively thought about. legitimate time and built up connection was involved in all of this and I can only help but wonder....How and Why?

The mind behind the person behind the sock and the reason as to why multiple users willingly garnered into such an obvious facade is quite an interesting matter, to say the least....

I don't know about you guys, but a part of me feels oddly intrigued by this entire situation.

Imagine what was going on in the head of the person behind all those socks, who is willing to keep the facade up through all these years and manipulated many users to go along with the play like an impressionable audience in a carny magician's show?

You can't even claim that what the person did was all for the lols or something done as a weird hobby not to be extensively thought about. legitimate time and built up connection was involved in all of this and I can only help but wonder....How and Why?

The mind behind the person behind the sock and the reason as to why multiple users willingly garnered into such an obvious facade is quite an interesting matter, to say the least....
I can't say I disagree even to a small amount, but I can say I feel like it's a bit of a, too soon kinda deal right now this whole thing is just ugaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back