• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

On Sera EX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I disagree even to a small amount, but I can say I feel like it's a bit of a, too soon kinda deal right now this whole thing is just ugaa
Lowkey, wanna have an interview just for curiosity's sake on "Sera" and the people who had legitimate connection with "Sera" and the socks.

Remember when that discord group showed this to people and Sera somehow convinced them that the group doxxed her?

It was so goddamn obvious, yet you guys denied until now
Can you not? Please? I know you are upset about what happened several years ago. I'm sure a lot of people are. But this is neither the time nor the place to start slinging mud in the faces of those who were, quite frankly, played for fools by Sera. The bureaucrats and HR are doing their best to try to evaluate the situation under this new light, so please give them a break.

Y'know, it does strike me that reopening this thread for a single message is maybe a tad bit narcissistic and disruptive, but I just feel I need to get this out, and in the process maybe wash over some of the very stupid, unrelated bad taste that got it closed. Idk.

Maybe it's just been a shitty week, what with exams grinding, not getting enough sleep, my computer dying, my cat going missing, to the point I'm apathetic. Maybe my gut feeling always knew to an extent. The way they spoke to each-other really tipped it off. None of the claims really struck home as much as that, and I really should have trusted it and stayed far the **** away from them. I've had similar feelings about other people in the past, and well, those have turned out no better.

But the point is, this does not come as a shock. Oh I was distraught about it all right, for a while. Then I just couldn't stop myself from laughing. Laughing at the abdurdity of it all, at how thoroughly we'd been ****** in the ass without even knowing it, at how much time and effort and stress and anxiety we'd poured into these individuals that were not even real.

It's still morbidly hilarious. I know that comes off as insensitive, but it's moreso this person being so far below any anger, any contempt I can muster they only invite a sense of mild disgust. Like watching a leech crawling in the dirt.

For the sake of everyone else however who doesn't have the pleasure of viewing these events with this level of apathy, you have my deepest sympathies. I can't begin to imagine what this ordeal has made you go through. I can't put into words how much I wish I could be there to support each and every one of you through this absolutely ****** experience. No person deserves to have their trust, their heart, betrayed like this.

To all the people who say we really should have seen this coming, I'll reiterate what has been said: it's easy to judge on the outside, and especially so in hindsight. But many were not offered that opportunity. Like it or not, you talk for years on end with someone, anyone, that even slighy shares your interests and views, you'll grow attached to them. And it's really hard to break someone's good will when you're as good at manipulation as "Sera" was.

To the entire community, we've been burnt. That should be enough to get you to reconsider some of your values on privacy. But it should not also force you to close yourself off forever. Speaking as a fairly paranoid dude myself, I've still made friends online, real people I've seen and talked with and love. The message here is balance, as with most things.

We've been put through the fire, but steel only toughens itself when it is tempered. It's my belief, and my hope, that we will rise from the ashes stronger than before.

Last edited:
We've been put through the fire, but steel only toughens itself when it is tempered. It's my belief, and my hope, that we will rise from the ashes stronger than before.
fire-17.gif

I closed this thread again, as Promestein did earlier. Everything that could have been said probably has been said, and there was a lot of destructive derailing going on towards the end that was deleted.

As Crabwhale said, let's all please try our best to long-term emerge stronger as a community from this ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back