• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The old soldier retires from combat

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
Well, hello, thanks for passing by. Or should I say, goodbye, thanks for passing by. I wanted to leave by May 6th, but decided to just end it here, I don't want to be here anymore

If you want to feel sorry for me, go ahead. If you don't want to feel sorry, well, go ahead, your thoughts

I wrote this many, many months in advance by the way. You can ask Ever, Saikou and Glassman about it

Why am I leaving?
I have no hard feelings for anyone on this wikia right now. I just wanted to leave, you don't need me anymore, you don't need an old regular user like me here anymore. I really, don't want to be part of the community anymore, I already did enough for the place and I am just here pretty much doing close to nothing and to boot I am getting in trouble with staff members.

I always wanted to be a staff member, to finally know what it feels and also to know that you are worth something, but due to my circumstances I failed to even maintain "Calculation Group member"; maybe it was not meant to be, so guess I was just chasing a delusion.

Also, to everyone who tried wants to try to take down the site, if you manage to decode this message… I have some words to share with you, I hope you know how to decipher messages:

Go do something else, like people in my country say, you are trying to take down a donkey with pinches.

Thanks for the nice comments on the other thread, but yeah, that won't change how I feel about it all.

My story before the site
I am sure nobody knows who am I really, so here we go with my lore. I am not sharing any personal stuff, in fact, my user profile is already in the process of being closed by fandom.

I was a naive little boy in like 2012, had no concept of consequences or fear on the internet. I was a large mess (Fearful, anger prone, etc) and had no friends. Until one day I joined a forum, a multimedia one (anime, video games, comics, later cartoons). I felt like home there, started changing, little by little, for the better, like I learnt how to behave online and shit like that because I really was kind of a dumbass there to be honest (Admit it, everyone was dumb on the web at one point), even managed to make friends IRL with what I learnt there.

Well, it had trolls and really bad users, but one day, 6 months into the forum, I made a terrible mistake, I got mad at a troll who was attacking other users (Doxxing involved and account hacking. The young me was really afraid at the time). Well, that user started threatening me and some friends (We were so afraid of getting our stuff leaked that one of us managed to get inside the account of the user, and got it banned and deleted by spamming ban worthy stuff)

But the moderators a month later noticed this while investigating the person's log. They found out that it was one of us who did it and threatened us on PM to ban us all. That is when my mind went "AHHHHHH $%&/!", I tried to lie and said I didn't know, they didn't buy it and I got one month while the main actor (The one who got inside the account) was permabanned, funny enough I still remember what where his last words; I think I got off with one month because either nobody admitted I had the idea or because I was the youngest. When we came back, everyone else was threatened fine, except me... except some people and new users who didn't know me, so I made more friends.

IRL I was doing fine, don't worry, good grades student, some friends, even had a GF. But that forum? Nobody really liked me that much except for a few people in that forum, so why not have IRL pals?

And that brings us to today.

Redemption quest
In 2014, I found this site, I saw it lacked content, so I joined... hoping I would be useful and I was, causing the traffic on the wikia to boost. So then came the other users, who somewhat started questioning the current management (SeiryuShin was kinda ban-censor happy, but he was the only thing keeping the entire mess together, I even rooted for him sometimes) one of those users, was Antvasima.

In 2015, I kept on going. Like nothing happened, working on both sites. I slowly saw the wikia evolve as new users kept on joining, and joining. Guess we can say, they didn't stop coming. After a while, I started getting bored of the forum I used to be, so I slowly started to post here more and more, becoming even more active, making more pages, etc. When Antvasima took over, things started to get better if you asked me. I befriended some users even, Bluedash becoming my very first "multi conversation fiend" on the site, good times.

In early 2016; something bad happened, my old forum was flooded by a dying forum, which caused like a thousand users to migrate to this one forum. The problem? Most of those users were horrible people, people who were banned from said forum for being extremely aggressive or have done stuff on the other forum that caused it to die (Sockpuppeting for example)… very few of them were good; some people in that forum started sockpuppetting and causing flame wars on the sub-forums I used so hard that the mods gave up, I kid you not, they literally just decided not to give a damn even when someone of them were being paid for their job.

When suddenly stuff started to get worse (Account hijacking, a ton of "flood", bait threads, etc), I quickly noticed that those sub-forums were now nothing but cesspools of rage, so I finished some stuff I wanted to do there, then I ran away... never even said goodbye... I swapped emails, changed passwords and left without anyone noticing I left, the forum also died in this year, it can't be accessed anymore.

Also in that year my country's economy fell on a spiral of destruction and it is still going, so I had far less time for anything. I also lost my original internet connection, making me far less active... right after becoming a calculation member. Yeah, bad luck hit me hard.

In 2017, no changes other than becoming far less active on the wikia, and then mid-year I got a new connection and started acting more often on the wikia. But when I came back, some friends here just started acting weird. LT1 left, Bluedash stopped talking to me, FanofRPGS had meltdown and had to be banned, KamiYasha stopped talking to me.

And in 2018, when I get news of Blue and Kamiyasha. I'm greeted with that. I have no idea I had so many time bombs as friends.

But I decided to keep going, but after some time, I started to grow less interested in the site due to various factors, either real life, having problems with staff members and I do not edit as often.

The economic situation of the country is so bad that I would not be able to survive on my own honestly speaking (My family and I are rn, but the future can't be predicted fully) and my only ticket to that land called "Happiness" is outside the country, which is hostile towards us due to the many incidents involving people of my country, I don't blame them for hating us.

I needed to say goodbye or one day I would just leave and nobody will know why. That is why I am leaving. I wanted this to be in May 6th, but I noticed this may not happen so I decided to leave early.

Time for the goodbyes:

Surviving friends

• Ryukama: Wish you luck on everything old pal, I remember when you were just a newbie and we chatted with bluedash about stuff, aaaah, good times. It was cool to see you grow from "Somewhat of a dumb fun guy" to literally a god tier on this wikia. I hope you turn out ok, hope you don't forget about me… one of your old pals.
  • Saikou the Lewd King: Well, we still keep contact in Skype, but I wanna terminate our relationship here. Good job at becoming at admin, you deserved it, specially with your revisions thread. Control your libido… please.
  • TheGlassman12: We know of each other recently, but hey, you were very cool to talk to. Specially in other stuff unrelated to the site itself. Hope you do well in your life, do it for me, I will be rooting for you, somewhere, somehow.
  • SomebodyData: Man, I remember the first time you showed up, everyone laughed at you for acting so weird, but look where you are at now, an admin, boi. What a way to mature pal. Hope you do well, too. I decide to name you, my successor… you are everything I ever hoped to be.
  • Antoniofer: Good luck with your life b0ss, I wish you the best of luck in your career, you are very smart math oriented, please never forget that, do not fail yourself.
  • Matthew Schroeder: Hey my brazilian boi, do good, do not disappoint me. We still talk on other places, but I wanna terminate our relationship here. [El Emperador is numero une, huehuehuehuehue.
  • Darkanine: Wish you luck in life, my friend. I really hope you manage to improve your life. I am rooting for you, make good old Numbersguy proud!
Other people

• Antvasima: No idea when will you retire, but I hope it is not by the same reasons as I… seriously, I don't want anyone to be in my position. No idea if you do other stuff, but I want you to go forward, always look forward.
  • WeeklyBattles: We may have been antagonistic to a degree, but hey, you were one hell of an useful member for the wikia. Wish you luck.
  • SeiryuShin: You may have been extremely strict and kind of an abusive admin, but hey, you did a semi-decent job while the wikia was upside down, the last line of defense… we may have also been somewhat antagonistic, specially that dumb incident when you banned MLP, but you did good son, real good, despite the conditions.
AWOL/Discharged/KIA

• Bat siri: Such a fun loving guy... I will miss his randomness. Specially his early versus, those were hilarious for all the good reasons.
  • TheLivingTribunal1: You were good son, real good, maybe even the best in terms of math. If you are reading this, see you… at the other side if there is one, or anything, damn I wish I could talk to you one last time.
  • Pikachu942: If it wasn't for you and me, SeiryuShin would have permabanned MLP because he hated the fanbase. Godspeed pal, if you are reading this.
  • TheBluedash: We had tons of fun talking... then we stopped talking, and then this happens. I remember the convos we had with SomebodyData... Good times. I hope you don't hate me for this, but you were a gigantic idiot for getting involved in this.
  • The Everlasting: You may have been... that, but you were such a cool person to talk to and quite an useful wikia member to be honest, I mean, you were very qualified to be an admin until the incident of course.
  • FanofRPGs: You seriously shouldn't have had internet presence dude, you are a walking ticking time bomb... specially in our private conversations. But you contributed a lot dude, a whole lot, so I hope you turn out ok.
  • CaptainFalcon64: I still miss you so much, you were probably my best friend in this wikia, sucks you had to leave. I'll never forget you. If someone can somehow contact her, please, tell her that I hope she is doing fine, and that "Old Numbers will always be there, rooting for you, smiling".
Old forum

• War... my old pal and BFF of the forum is reading this... I'm sorry for getting you in that mess, I really am. We were a bunch of dumb kids.
The End
Well friends, I think this is the end of an era. The last of the original users, leaving

Well soldiers, it is my time to go marching home . Keep fighting on my name, since I won't come back to fight, I am too old for this.

Hmm, I guess this is the end of the road in this trip huh. Well dude, it was fun being able to chat with you regarding Xenoblade, sure was fun grinding those affections even if they weren't necessary. XD

Hopefully we can chat some more in the near future if you're available. Until then, sayonara ole FE and Xenoblade pal.

I was already aware of this months in advance, but I'll be lying if I said that this post didn't deeply move me. It's always share to see old, respected users leave, specially those I believe to have a greater personal connection with.

See you around, Numbers. To me, you're nothing short of a legend on this wiki, who's been around since its infancy and fought through its peaks and lows. You'll forever be remembered.

Goodbye, friend.

I... don't understand, and I also barely know you. You do seem to be a hell of a nice guy, and I kinda envy how many friends you managed to make here. Good luck on the rest of your life, Numbersguy. I hope your country's economic situation gets better, though I'm fearing for this world as I'm also a Brazillian and my country is... well, messy and getting messier by the week, so I think I can empathize with your situation to some degree.

It's always damn sad to see people leave the wiki because you guys always feel for the friends and the community you leave behind, after all, you wouldn't be making these texts otherwise. It's painful to watch, but I guess it's just how life is, eh.

Wish you well, Numbersguy. Hope this message from a random stranger can mean anything at all to you.

Mention this on another thread, but you will be deeply missed. You were very helpful for getting started on the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pages and for helping me clarify the legitimacy of the lore/feats and all that. And other than that, you were also a fun guy to chat with about a lot of verses we both liked. I wish you could stay, but I fully understand your reasons for leaving.

This is very sad, and what has happened to the Venezuelan people thanks to Maduro is an absolute tragedy. I really hope that things will get much better for you and your family. For what it is worth, I heard that Brazil might be willing to take you in as refugees and that the United States has officially backed the opposition.

Antvasima: No idea when will you retire, but I hope it is not by the same reasons as I… seriously, I don't want anyone to be in my position. No idea if you do other stuff, but I want you to go forward, always look forward.

Thank you very much for the nice sentiments. That is very kind of you considering your situation, and I will try to look forward as you say, and do not plan to retire any time soon.

It is inappropriate for me to get into my country's at the moment considerably lesser troubles when you and your people risk starvation, so I won't do so. If Sweden really starts to collapse within the coming years, I think that my family will hopefully be able to move to another country.

In any case, you will definitely be missed. I wish you the best and am saddened about what has happened to you and your people.

I didn't realise Venezuela was your home country. I will pray for you to be safe, and I hope the situation gets better there. I hear change is on the horizon, and I hope a new dawn is in future for you and your nation. I also hope that you may always find a way for prosperity to find you even in dire situations. I may not know you that well, but I hope you find both joy and safety

I don't know you, but after reading all of that, I wish I did.

I pray to god for your well being and a better and successful future that compensates for all the hardhips you've endured.

Antvasima said:
He was rude, so I removed the post.
Is noting something that happened in the past considered rude. Or are you talking about the part where I wished him luck for living in a country envolved in a crisis? Is this a bad thing? Did the lol ruin it? I'm perplexed. It's rude?

It's the lol.

LOL, or "Laughing Out Loud," really shouldn't be taken lightly since it's saying you're laughing at something, or else people will misinterperet your original meaning and intentions, such as Ant did.

Try to be more careful with your general language, alright?

Back