• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Meliodas (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His lightning is outright stated on his profile to be capable of causing paralysis and heart attacks. Does Meliodas have any resistance?

Well it looks like Mel's lifting strength is equal to Cole's lifting strength via electromagnetism (which is what his arc restraints rely on), meaning that he can likely match it, and if he can't, he can use the Demon Mark to boost his power.

Also, don't demons regen get worse the more damage they take?

Hmm, in that case I should probably mention that Cole has a stamina edge and a healing factor that doesn't slow down, thanks to the RFI constantly generating electricity.

I think I'm gonna have to give it to Meliodas 6/10

Even with Cole's range and stamina edge, it's likely that Mel eventually closes the distance with his superior skill and experience. Full Counter yeets just about any projectile that Cole can fling at him, making his range advantage slightly less effective. I can see a couple scenarios where Cole actually manages to use his trick attacks like redirect rocket and stalker grenade to get the drop on Mel and rain hell on him from afar with his attack spam, wittling his regen down to the point where he's weak enough to be restrained or frozen, but Mel's hellfire, attack reflection and ressurection makes him a beast that Cole just can't beat.

Voting for Cole.

Cole keeps on getting stronger with time and a danmaku like burst of attack is revealed to be effective against Meliodas' full counter since he can't deflect them all. Not to mention that Attack reflection may not fully affect Cole's power since it's not magic, likely wrong on that. But even then with the sheer barrage they are some are literal homing lightning or explodes if making contact with something.

Resurrection becomes a non-issue if Cole can bind him and just keep on destroying him each time he tries to revive. He certainly has no issues with stamina after that. Also hellfire is counterred by electric shields or just plain dodging or shockwaves that can blow it back.

Edit - Regarding Revenge Counter, it's likely for Cole to get hit by it yes. But it can be interrupted in a similar fashion as how Estarossa did to Meliodas I'd say. Paralyzing him is the best way tbh since Cole's lightning is really quite potent with how it affects even what blocks it (Force fields)

" But it can be interrupted in a similar fashion as how Estarossa did to Meliodas I'd say. "

Estarossa interruped it with powernull.

Love: The Commandment bestowed upon Mael, presumably by a memory-altered Demon King, after Meliodas left the Ten Commandments. It renders anyone who has hatred in their heart in his presence to be unable to inflict damage to others, allowing him to easily nullify Meliodas' Revenge Counter and subdue him afterwards. Later, Holy Knights such as Gilthunder had problems even summoning their energy while in front of him.

@Dragon

https://youtu.be/TTPh9JQme_k?t=85

Not all danmaku. You can tag him enough times, and Cole's is superior to Gilthunder's. The danmaku you showed him is literally coming from the same direction. Cole's would come in and arc from multiple directions. And again, Full Counter 'may' not work against Cole's attacks.

So yeah @ Revenge Counter. Interrupt it with haxx like paralysis or anti gravity stuff. Or just converting energy with barriers.

Why wouldn't it work?

" Interrupt it with haxx like paralysis or anti gravity stuff. Or just converting energy with barriers. "

How strong was the strongest attack he could convert?

Edit: Where does Cole box in people with danmaku from different directions?

One of Cole's attacks lets him redirect his rockets after being launched by firing a bolt at a target. The rocket will home in one whatever Cole shot, even if it's moving.

The primary way to use this is to fire off a bunch of rockets in random directions and then redirect them somewhere so that the enemy is getting hit from behind.

Cole has also used his grenades to box in opponents like he did against David, and has used his electricity to launch widespread attacks in multiple directions

His shields have shown to absorb energy attacks from people on his level, like Kessler, Kuo, Nix, Bertrand, etc

Scans for the David example?

Then they probably won't work against Revenge Counter since it was strong enough to oneshot ten people on his level.

Yeah, I disagree with danmaku but the point is that Cole can use his powers to either attack from multiple angles and can use it to box opponents in

Cause it's noted to not only be more durable than Cole himself (it's unfazed by attack's that do notable damage to Cole), but it's also connected to the same energy pool that he uses to power his weather manipulation (Lightning Storm) ability's. Plus, iirc, I think we treat shields that relies on the same power that is used to attack as equal to each other in terms of AP/durability.

Fair.

How often does he use the shields?

Was Meliodas having seven hearts that need to be destroyed for him to die covered in this thread?

Can't recall off the top of my head, but he when he first got a variation of it in the first game, the first thing he did with it was use it to help overwhelm a mounted turrent by using the shield to block the shots

I mean, I think the overall sentiment here is either incon or Mel wins. Though Cole's lightning does act like real lightning in that it affects people's hearts. Idk how it'll work on someone with multiple hearts, but it's still a factor here.

Yeah, but Gil is a lot weaker than Mel, so it's not really that Mel is resistant to lightning messing up his heart, it's more like Gil's lightning is isn't strong enough to faze Meliodas.

Except here, Cole is around the same strength level as Meliodas, and is now passively getting stronger from lightning absorption and can further boost his stats with precision mode to increase his speed and AP. Also, Ionic Attacks are >>>> his normal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back