• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Meliodas (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how having six hearts would help you resist electricity that damages your heart. It flows through the entire body when it hits you doesn't it? Wouldn't it just effect all of Mel's hearts as well?

It would affect it. Regenerationn cannot counter that if it's only Mid. Heck I'm willing to say that's more an electricity resistance feat or you'd have to have a showing of how you can outregenerate having your nerves not cooperate with your body.

I don't remember where the Mid regen comes from but if it's good enough then it should outregenerate as neurons > nerves.

Edit: I'm checking it

Tbh it's probably from how certain demons can reattach limbs. But every instance of regen is always delayed so I doubt a continuous stream of electricity coursing through your veins can be resisted that way.

I mean, Ionic Storm is a continuous hit, so that might do it if Cole manages to land it. Grappling people is pretty out of character for Cole unless he has no other options. Or he could just be referring to Cole hitting him constantly.

Yep, that's the one. I guess his tornado could also count if Mel gets sucked up by it. (It shocks people who are sucked up by it if I remember correctly)

Fair, and if what I'm hearing about Mel is true, I doubt that would happen.

Schnee One said:
Meliodes is>>>>>>>550 Gigatons
Post-Revival Demon Mark Meliodas is not much stronger than 550 Gigatons he scales to the Tarmiel who is 221.8 Gigatons when using a human vessel.

Yeah I'm gonna go incon

Really it just all loops back to Cole's range spam and buffs and Mel's Counters and regen, neither can really do anything to the other without getting reflected or regen'd

Yes it is stamina based. Demon Regenerationn is pretty much just them superficially healing themselves. They only heal the wounds but the damage still remains.

Yep that's it. He doesn't showcase danmaku until the end of the series and he rarely uses darkness in his demon mark states.

No Meliodas' hellblaze isn't homing. Monspeet is the only one who has showcased homing hellblaze and he's specifically stated to be a hellblaze master so homing hellblaze is probably something only he could do.

I will wait in a bit but aside from Skill and Regen Cole has a solid advantage in a lot of categories, plus flight.

@DragonEmp

Chandler is incapacitated there. I remember that scene. Every demon was briefly 'surprised' and has to regen. Those times that they had to regen can be interrupted such as when Zeldris stepped on Mel's leg. One of the things Cole can do is literally tear him apart and freeze each individual body part. Sure he can try to attack, but Cole will again be releasing lightning nonstop.

This guy doesn't have the energy limits as Infamous 1, and has the capability to do what his comics counterpart does. Continuously pump lightning nonstop in arcs that home in on enemies. Which is very very 'interrupty' on anyone who can regenerate through that method.

And again, Cole's getting stronger with time if the fight carries on.

@Schnee

Actually Mel has flight too iirc. Didn't know you got banned huh.

@Ciruno

It was self imposed, I didn't want distractions for finals.

That said if Mel's only ranged is a non homing attack then I'm inclined to say Cole FRA.

Cole shoots him repeatedly with his AP, Dura, Versatility and far better ranged until he dies.

Ahh smart move, did that before. I should do it again.

Not to mention his redirection doesn't do so well with homing attacks on Cole's level.

I think it's more used as a defensive method to block out other attacks. But not so smart when the guy has explosive homing rockets and all.

Cole is really powerful without relying on too much haxx now that I think about it.

Ciruno Fortes said:
@DragonEmp
Chandler is incapacitated there. I remember that scene. Every demon was briefly 'surprised' and has to regen. Those times that they had to regen can be interrupted such as when Zeldris stepped on Mel's leg. One of the things Cole can do is literally tear him apart and freeze each individual body part. Sure he can try to attack, but Cole will again be releasing lightning nonstop.

This guy doesn't have the energy limits as Infamous 1, and has the capability to do what his comics counterpart does. Continuously pump lightning nonstop in arcs that home in on enemies. Which is very very 'interrupty' on anyone who can regenerate through that method.

And again, Cole's getting stronger with time if the fight carries on.
I mean yeah, he went from fodder that would get oneshot to someone that could damage them.

That's a fair point for the limb thing.

"One of the things Cole can do is literally tear him apart and freeze each individual body part."

How often does he do this? Also, Mel isn't going to sit there and let himself be ripped into pieces.

" Sure he can try to attack, but Cole will again be releasing lightning nonstop."

Counter Vanish: Rather than reflecting an attack, Meliodas can disperse it, nullifying it. He used his palm to do it rather than his sword, although there is no indication that he has to use his palm.

"Continuously pump lightning nonstop in arcs that home in on enemies. Which is very very 'interrupty' on anyone who can regenerate through that method."

That's different from holding someone's arm and keeping them from reattaching it.

Schnee One said:
@Ciruno

That said if Mel's only ranged is a non homing attack .
To be fair, a tactic that Mel employs is splitting into clones and bouncing an attack between each other, each Full Counter amping it by 2X and then hitting it towards the opponent. This would be effective, as the attack gets bigger too.

@ Dragon 1st msg

Yeah but can still be damaged in the end.

Sweet.

Not often, but everytime something can outregenerate his damage he finds ways to shut it down. Like with David where he doused him with gasoline and lit him on fire before using his ult.

True. But Meliodas would be spasming, not having his hand held.

@ Dragon 2nd msg

I'd have to repeat, that's under the basis that Counter can work against natural lightning or non-magical attacks.

@ Dragon emp 3rd msg

Ngl I forgot about those useful clones. They do get weaker though so they can get taken out easier too.

Pics plz, I don't recall that happening cause that would be a super useful move. The whole rebound each other. I know for sure they did that against a single powerful attack though.

" Not often, but everytime something can outregenerate his damage he finds ways to shut it down. Like with David where he doused him with gasoline and lit him on fire before using his ult. :

Can you give an example of how that would play out for this match?

" True. But Meliodas would be spasming, not having his hand held. "

Meliodas is used to being hit with electricity, the tier of the electricity doesn't change that.

" I'd have to repeat, that's under the basis that Counter can work against natural lightning or non-magical attacks."

I'd argue it would be equalized under SBA. Conduit powers to magic. Because Gilthunder is basically a real lightning user, he even uses cloud to ground lightning.

"Pics plz, I don't recall that happening cause that would be a super useful move. The whole rebound each other. I know for sure they did that against a single powerful attack though."

My bad, was thinking about this scene but mixed up with the Albion fight. I don't think it's canon anyways.

Conduit powers are absolutely not being Equalized to Magic when they are explicitly stated to be biological

We covered this on the Tesla vs Cole Thread

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure a distinction is made between Supernatural and Conduit powers in inFAMOUS. Vampires clearly follow different rules then Conduits after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back