• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters scaled from Katana and Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, 8-A seems rather high for Captain America. I would think that 8-C is closer to his non-outlier level, but that may be an argument from incredulity.

Antvasima said:
By the way, 8-A seems rather high for Captain America. I would think that 8-C is closer to his non-outlier level, but that may be an argument from incredulity.
Pretty sure most of us decided that 8-A was fine and consistent enough to use.

Huesito also plans to bring more calcs to the ground AFAIK on this matter.

If feats are based on explosion tanking feats it's absolutely necessary that the calcs make sure they're accounting for the inverse square law and provide evidence that the characters are standing next to the explosions calcs like this at their current state are pretty iffy since the panel showing us where luke cage stood relative to the source of the explosion is not shown on the blog and we only have the scan of the explosion itself which is not enough to warrant scaling.

We can worry about Captain America and Deadpool's 8-A feats later, and they have several on that level. So it's fine for now. But I agree with getting the Spider-man rescuing Hulk feat out of the way.

Most of his feats are performed with shields though. I get that even if shield is involved, for example, the resisting rocket thrust feat, he should still be crushed. But it feels more like writers are just taking the shield durability for granted like how he didn't get sent flying into space when Thor hits his shield and put a dent in it. So it feels like when Cap has his shield, his characters just gets amped along with it.

Not saying he should or shouldn't be 8-A, just kind of curious if he has any 8-A feats that doesn't involve shield in any way other than fighting with Deadpool and such.

@Aguila

From my memory, Luke took that point blank, do i don't think that should be a problem. (Though someone should still go and check it out)

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan clarified this by saying that the explosion would have engulfed him regardless and his shield alone would not be enough to save him since it doesn't cover his entire body.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
@Aguila

From my memory, Luke took that point blank, do i don't think that should be a problem. (Though someone should still go and check it out)
I'm not saying that he didn't, but it should be mandatory to have the panels that prove it on the calc blog itself.

Aguila makes a good point about the inverse square law.

ShakeResounding said:
Also, isn't downscaling from Luke Cage possible?
I don't think downscaling works unless we have explicit statements on how many times stronger than spiderman luke cage is and since his feat is barely into Low 7-C Spiderman being 8-A+ would stil be consistent with it.

ShakeResounding said:
Doc Ock's tentacles had an 8-A+ durability feat that Spidey would absolitely scale to, since there's several times they've been upgraded and he's taken care of them. I'd have to find the feat, it was linked here once or twice recently. Also, isn't downscaling from Luke Cage possible?

Black Knight has a 8-A that's so close to baseline 8-A+ (26 tons off) and Cap is superior to him beating him in a mind controlled killing state, with a good opening as old cap managing to knock him out with one solid punch, and as well as beating him in multiple spurring sessions. Also I've double checked and the feat doesn't violate any of the new rules.

Tfw I acidentally remove my comment...

@Huesito Would you happen to know where the 8-A+ Doc Ock calc is? It's a pain in my side, but I think it was on another thread discussing Spidey's AP.

Yeah I still have to talk to Kepekley about that one (He's a busy guy). Also Luke Cage feat isn't using our newest formula (The pressure one), which would bump it up to 3.2 Kilotons.

ShakeResounding said:
Tfw I acidentally remove my comment...

@Huesito Would you happen to know where the 8-A+ Doc Ock calc is? It's a pain in my side, but I think it was on another thread discussing Spidey's AP.
https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/amazing-spider-man-feats-comics-120-238.22422/

It's this one, needs to be checked first by calc group members but at a glance it looks legitimate since the inverse square law is accounted for, it would also be good if someone posted panels of spiderman damaging/breakin his arms along with it.

Dargoo Faust said:
tbh some of the "otherwise Tier 9 character survived giant explosions" calcs need to be re-evaluated with inverse-square in mind.
Which Tier 9 characters?

Sorry about all the questions, but I got another.

Didn't the Shocker cause Luke Cage to bleed on one occasion? Would that just be deemed as an outlier?

Perhaps somebody can improve on the Luke Cage calculation with the pressure formula? That way he, and physically comparable characters, can remain at Low 7-C.

Antvasima said:
Perhaps somebody can improve on the Luke Cage calculation with the pressure formula? That way he, and physically comparable characters, can remain at Low 7-C.
This one? I can do a quick run.

Luke cage's calc still needs the panels that show he is standing very close to the explosion to fully scale, so it'd be best if someone could provide them.

@KLOL Ah, my mistake.

He could probably still be 8-A+ considering he's physically superior to Captain America, who's stronger than Black Knight, who in turn is has a feat that's 26 tons away from 8-A+

Dargoo Faust said:
tbh some of the "otherwise Tier 9 character survived giant explosions" calcs need to be re-evaluated with inverse-square in mind.
Getting a lot of these revisions aren't we?...

Huesito88 said:
Luke cage's calc still needs the panels that show he is standing very close to the explosion to fully scale, so it'd be best if someone could provide them.
Here
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:D9950B10-0BB9-43F6-A56A-1AA27DD245F6.jpeg

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:5FEE2F06-7A7C-4DCB-B801-E76E8EDDC14A.jpeg

I don't think anything needs to be done. Luke Cage is literally standing on top of a Ultron Sentinel.

And an overpressure formula yield is done.

Didn't the Shocker cause Luke Cage to bleed on one occasion? Would that just be deemed as an outlier?

Also, would Morlun tanking a nuclear explosion in a some Black Panther comic (I think) mean a possible 7-C upgrade for him and The Other Spider-Man, or would that seem too inconsistent? Spidey was completely unable to harm him normally in any of their fights until The Other took over and proceeded to kill him in seconds.

Was it actually the one that exploded? panels suggest the three sentries that are a few meters away from him were the ones that caused the explosion, and if all 4 ended up exploding as chain reaction I think a more accurate estimate of his dura there would be 1/4th of the total yield + the energy he would've tanked from the other three standing farther away through inverse square, although that might be overanalyzing it.

The nuke feat everyone is bringing up. It probably doesn't work to scale Spidey since Morlun is consistently superior to Spidey's Base. Also it isn't a calceable feat but an assumption seeing as most IRL nukes are 7-C.

Also, alot of X-Men characters have 7-C feats, so would Spidey scale to them in any way?

Morlun Nuke Feat

@Shake

I think that we can scale Morlun, and other characters of a comparable level, to 7-C by scaling from the nuclear explosion. Spider-Man is weaker than Morlun though.

KLOL506 said:
Current Sandman has immortality apparently.
Based on the Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man issues, where he lives till the end of the universe.

Btw should two major revisions about two entirely different franchises actually be done in the same thread?

Antvasima said:
@Shake
I think that we can scale Morlun, and other characters of a comparable level, to 7-C by scaling from the nuclear explosion. Spider-Man is weaker than Morlun though.
Seems good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back