• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Changes to Shyvana's Bio and removal of World Rune ratings

Thats great and all but this was going to be included with the rest of the changes that were going to be in my CRT

That can have its own CRT. No need to lump it all together. Now back to the CRT, does anyone else disagree?

This really isn't worth fighting over. Weekly, you can still post a CRT with other things in it.

Yes there is a need to lump it all together, there is no need to flood the CRT board with multiple threads covering a single minor topic when the same topics can all be addressed in a single concise thread

What difference does it make, apart from you not liking it? I don't really see anyone else complaining this much about it.

Regis, can you please just wait a bit? I get that it's a weird request but it'll just be a lot easier to make a meaningless concession here so you guys don't spend a while arguing over a CRT you both agree on.

No offense but you guys need a CRT for something so simple as a retcon?

There's an explanation box for a reason whenever you edit an article. Just type in, "World rune scaling retconned by Riot." Boom. Done.

That said you're both (a perhaps mistaken assumption on my part but a favorable one) grown men- there's no need to fight over who gets to nerf the verse. If you're both going to agree then fine- all CRTs do is list the potential changes and see if anyone will argue.

Nobody is going to argue the scaling that doesn't exist anymore exists.

@Friendly Considering people have attacked me multiple times in the past for thinking the exact same thing, yes, yes we do need a CRT

Speaking of Shyvana, she should have her Lifting Strength changed. She never moves Nautilus or Malphite.

WeeklyBattles said:
Nothing, her LS is fine, her dragon form can in fact move nautilus and malphite
I think Assalt is asking where she manages this if it really is the case. Because it has no sources linked to it.

Dragon's Descent Dragon Form: Shyvana transforms into a dragon and dashes unstoppably to the target location, carrying and dealing magic damage to all enemies she runs through. once depleted.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dragon's Descent Dragon Form: Shyvana transforms into a dragon and dashes unstoppably to the target location, carrying and dealing magic damage to all enemies she runs through. once depleted.
This is gameplay. How does this prove that she can push Malphite or Nautilus, given that you could easily say that she scales to Aurelion Sol as she also pushes him aside in the game when activating this ability?

WeeklyBattles said:
Because Sol is severely downscaled for in-game purposes
This doesn't answer the question. Where is it shown that she can push aside Nautilus or Malphite (who are also downscaled for in-game purposes)?

Yeah we can't say "she has a knockup in-game therefore she can lift Malphite" or where do we draw the line? Why not ASol?

For stuff like scaling we need to use the lore.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because ASol is downscaled in-game
This still isn't an answer to both Assalt's original question or mine. Both of these champions are downscaled as well, to different degrees. Why should this gameplay be used for scaling?

Malphite and Naut are scaled down as well. Kayle is scaled down and yordles are scaled up. This is all gameplay and we can't give stats based around gameplay with stipulations of gameplay limiting it.

So is there going to be an answer as to why we should use gameplay here? Or should we change the profile?

Nautilus IIRC from one of his fluff pieces is large enough that a fat man can be almost entirely enclosed in his fist- which is fairly similar to his New Dawn cinematic though the written implication might have him larger to an unknown degree.

I believe when I posted about that exact topic a ways back a Rioter popped in and stated there either wasn't a standard height chart for all the champions or if there was it wasn't going to be released. So exact values will apparently never exist one way or the other.

Something so blatantly obvious like this shouldn't be used. We can use the Status Effect from the game at best, but not this kind of things. Its like saying that every single tower is 3-B due to tanking absurd amounts of attacks from Aurelion and then scale every single character to that because they can also destroy the tower.

The league got retconned and isn't really a reliable scaling source anymore. Its the same problem with the speed scaling, ya know.

@Schro Exactly hence why we done scale everyone to Sol, for the same reason that we dont scale everyone in Street Fighter to Akuma or everyone in Mortal Kombat to Shao Kahn

And now, using the same example... Why would Shyvana scale to Nautilus or Malphite? Its the exact same case.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Schro Exactly hence why we done scale everyone to Sol, for the same reason that we dont scale everyone in Street Fighter to Akuma or everyone in Mortal Kombat to Shao Kahn
This is still not answering why we should scale Shyvana to Nautilus or Malphite. They're also downscaled in game like Sol, so why should they be used for scaling?

@Schro Because she's comparable to if not stronger than Jarvan who was able to lift Malphite and who is equal to Garen

Also her Dragon form should be Class K via sheer size

WeeklyBattles said:
@Schro Because she's comparable to if not stronger than Jarvan who was able to lift Malphite and who is equal to Garen

Also her Dragon form should be Class K via sheer size
Where is the proof supporting this now?

Back