• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
The recent news about City of Wolves reminded me that some time ago I found more and more accurate translations of some Fatal Fury lore material, specifically a guide for Real Bout Special and the Garou website, the latter differing slightly but fundamentally from what Deepl had given me at the time. These additions are scarse and but some are quite noteworthy. I will list the most important things, such as abilities and feats, while I think I can safely go and add flavor stuff of the kind of "likes and dislikes" and special abilities, unless it translates into new P&A or such.
Credits go to these wonderful reddit users who have been translating a shitton of FGC material over the years. Here below the links to the translations I'm referring to.

Terry Bogard
  • Minor Information Analysis: Kind of odd and useless combat-wise, but our son of an ice cream maker can accurately guess a woman's size (stated also by All About FF3). Nothing otherworldly, but giving it for granted that he's infallible, it should at least be recognized as a skill ig. (guess there's a grain of truth in this video)
  • His wild skills always kept him above his brother Andy (from the latter's bio)
  • Skill feat upgrade for him being the fighter with the highest for the usage of ki, see Tung's section below. Also, him being superior to Geese, who in turn was superior to Jeff, who was considered by Tung as his worthy successor is also quite relevant, given the latter's updates.

Rock Howard

• I'd like to swap his photographic memory with mimicry, simply because he not only remembers every song he listens to, but he can also play them perfectly. It's not combat related, but not everything has to be you mfs. Btw this was already on his file because of another source.
  • He didn't defeat Terry when he was a child (the deepl translation of the time was unclear and I got it wrong), so that should be removed. His bio still confirms that he's got at Terry's level by the time of Garou, and he still canonically defeats him in the story.
  • Him having inherited Geese's fighting senses and having been an unmateched street fighter in childhood is a nice feat.

Andy Bogard
  • Enhanced Senses and Analytical Prediction: Quoting By sharpening my nerves, I can imagine how the opponent will move next. If I can read his movements, I have the confidence to strike from any distance. Even if it's at a nose-to-nose distance. ”
  • Has studied all martial arts (skill feat)

Joe Higashi
  • Upgrade from Gifted to Genius, quoting: a man who can move anyone with his unconventional fighting style. He does not know the meaning of the word "retreat". He is arguably the greatest Muay Thai champion in history and is a spectacle of natural talent.
  • I'm not quite sure what his special skill means, but that's still impressive.

Ryuji Yamazaki
  • Nice skill feat of him having always fought in life or death situations.
  • Upgrade to Gifted in combat, possibly even Genius, see Billy's section below.

Kim Kaphwan
  • Super minor Resistance to Heat? Idk about this one, it says his special skill is enduring hot baths, but I don't know if it can be really considered a resistance at all or even just anything beyond real human capabilities. I'm the first to be skeptical, so at worst is a sort of stamina feat
  • Skill feat of him having remained undefeated in the taekwondo world for 10 years.

Billy Kane
  • An upgrade to Gifted or straight up to Genius (maybe even just likely/possibly), due to him being considered a contender to Joe and Yamazaki.

Tung Fue Rue
  • Promotion to Genius, quoting: He is the founder of Hakkyokuseiken and a great master who trained many martial artists. He has fought an extraordinary number of times and is a living encyclopedia who has personally studied all martial arts

Wolfgang Krauser

• Support for his Genius status, basically his whole bio is about that.

Tizoc and Kain

Mostly support and confirmation for their backstories and skill.

And that's all for now, furious wolves! We'll most likely see again once the new installment is released.

• Minor Information Analysis: Kind of odd and useless combat-wise, but our son of an ice cream maker can accurately guess a woman's size (stated also by All About FF3). Nothing otherworldly, but giving it for granted that he's infallible, it should at least be recognized as a skill ig. (guess there's a grain of truth in this video)
I think it's a bit ****** up that I've literally never engaged with FF in any way beyond playing as Terry in Smash and I had absolutely no doubts what the video would be before clicking.

Anyways uh good crt or whatever

Back