• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell Games Saga revisions (Dragon Ball Z)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake yeah it should be additive. But considering it's Goku's most powerful technique by FAR in that point, the Kamehameha should be nowhere near as powerful as a Spirit Bomb which is 20-40x more powerful than Base Namek Goku, otherwise he'd just use an omega charged Kamehameha to attack Frieza. Actually he tried that and even with Kaioken x20 the Kamehameha still did less damage than the Spirit Bomb.
The thing though is that it uses other people’s energy to power it. If Buu Goku’s Spirit Bomb was powered with the same amount of energy as Namek Goku’s Spirit Bomb then I believe the additive boost would be the same. Maybe you could argue that since the Spirit Bomb went from 3x to 20-40x to around 400x that the difference in power between base Goku and the Spirit Bomb always grows bigger, however idk for sure if that logic holds up.

since the "Cell doesn't scale to Solar Kamehameha" point was already accepted by the earlier thread.......isn't talking against it here instead of making a new thread to change it kind of......pointless? it was already accepted, this thread as far as i can see is only applying it to the scaling chain

since the "Cell doesn't scale to Solar Kamehameha" point was already accepted by the earlier thread.......isn't talking against it here instead of making a new thread to change it kind of......pointless? it was already accepted, this thread as far as i can see is only applying it to the scaling chain

Yeah, I don't think anyone is arguing about Cell scaling directly to the Kamehameha except for Luffy.

It's just about what he would actually scale now or if he downscales somehow.

I don't know how this nonsense of Null got ahead, this is absurd, there is no such thing as characters not scaling their attacks, all attacks created through their own ki scale through energy itself.

Anyway, i disagree with this nonsense.
Have you ever heard of amped attacks?

Claiming that "Every attack that a character can do is equally strong because they all come from Ki" is what is absurd
I guess base Goku scales to Super Saiyan 3 Goku’s kamehameha because it was done with his chi

I'm not arguing that all Kamehameha be treated as an equal boost across all uses, so these examples are irrelevant to me.
"Examples showing that KHH didn't massively upscale the stat of the user to over 47x are irrelevant" is basically what you just typed. Who said anything about treating them as equal boosts? You're trying to downscale from 47x above baseline to below baseline with w technique that in all its uses across multiple arcs has never even gained past 3x?
This is a very rapidly charged Kamehameha from what I can see in these two pages.
Nowhere is it stated there that Goku's Kamehameha was weaker than normal,
Nowhere is is stated that cell's Kamehameha was relatively stronger than an average one, this is entirely your theory. Goku goes through the ka/me/ha/me/ha motions, him being able to do it quickly is a testament to his skill, not some anchor
Cell's and Gohan's Kamehameha were charged with much greater energy than what Goku put into it here.
Ofcourse they had greater energy, they are way stronger stronger than Goku, and have more energy to channel? Even assuming your theory holds, there is ZERO proof his Kamehameha made a gap of over 47 times baseline when this has never been shown in any iteration of the technique. A KHH uses the owners ki, it doesn't suddenly give them more ki, regardless of how high they charge, there is a limit to how strong it is,
Why would being caught by surprise lower his durability?
Because....rather than blocking/guarding he has to eat the attacks? Which....would do more damage if he and his opponent are on the same tier? Like...any fight?
Cell was in the middle of combat with Goku so he wouldn't have been any lower than when he was tanking hits from Goku.
Yea, those sent him flying, as opposed to when he guarded against them as my scan showed? You get the difference now?
And still we can see the difference in him taking regular blasts from Goku
BLOCKING, he BLOCKED it and it STILL hurt him
and him getting his top half blasted off from a fully charged Kamehameha. It's incredibly stronger.
He ATE a Kamehameha without even having to guard, and OFCOURSE it's much stronger, we saw what it did to Frieza at equal power, wr saw how it allowed Goku a 2.2X amp on Raditz, but somehow you're claiming that all of a sudden it takes a user rom 47x above baseline to below baseline? That's absurd to say the least
I don't think I need any additional evidence for this.
How about an actual shred of evidence for a such a massive gap? Seeing as the highest gap a KHH has overcome canonically is 2.2x?
Characters have special attacks far higher than what they normally scale to is just a fact in Dragon Ball.
Yes, and we have an idea of how much higher KHH scales, it's not 47x, saying "special attacks scale far higher than the user" doesn't...mean anything by itself
I'm not arguing that all Kamehameha get some kind of consistent multiplier; just that Cell's attack here gets a rating that is different to his normal rating.
And it doesn't, why? Because cell is dozens of times above baseline, there is no SHRED of proof to say he goes below baseline

Worse case scenario? Make ssj2 and SPC baseline, they are far too above baseline with the KHH to claim they fi below, with a technique that certainly didn't amplify their attack power by that much

But trying to get them below baseline is ridiculous, and completely unfounded

"Examples showing that KHH didn't massively upscale the stat of the user to over 47x are irrelevant" is basically what you just typed. Who said anything about treating them as equal boosts? You're trying to downscale from 47x above baseline to below baseline with w technique that in all its uses across multiple arcs has never even gained past 3x?

Nowhere is it stated there that Goku's Kamehameha was weaker than normal,
Nowhere is is stated that cell's Kamehameha was relatively stronger than an average one, this is entirely your theory. Goku goes through the ka/me/ha/me/ha motions, him being able to do it quickly is a testament to his skill, not some anchor

Ofcourse they had greater energy, they are way stronger stronger than Goku, and have more energy to channel? Even assuming your theory holds, there is ZERO proof his Kamehameha made a gap of over 47 times baseline when this has never been shown in any iteration of the technique. A KHH uses the owners ki, it doesn't suddenly give them more ki, regardless of how high they charge, there is a limit to how strong it is,

Because....rather than blocking/guarding he has to eat the attacks? Which....would do more damage if he and his opponent are on the same tier? Like...any fight?

Yea, those sent him flying, as opposed to when he guarded against them as my scan showed? You get the difference now?

BLOCKING, he BLOCKED it and it STILL hurt him

He ATE a Kamehameha without even having to guard, and OFCOURSE it's much stronger, we saw what it did to Frieza at equal power, wr saw how it allowed Goku a 2.2X amp on Raditz, but somehow you're claiming that all of a sudden it takes a user rom 47x above baseline to below baseline? That's absurd to say the least

How about an actual shred of evidence for a such a massive gap? Seeing as the highest gap a KHH has overcome canonically is 2.2x?

Yes, and we have an idea of how much higher KHH scales, it's not 47x, saying "special attacks scale far higher than the user" doesn't...mean anything by itself

And it doesn't, why? Because cell is dozens of times above baseline, there is no SHRED of proof to say he goes below baseline

Worse case scenario? Make ssj2 and SPC baseline, they are far too above baseline with the KHH to claim they fi below, with a technique that certainly didn't amplify their attack power by that much

But trying to get them below baseline is ridiculous, and completely unfounded
as a charged attack, the ammount of times it is higher than the normal AP depends on how much time and energy is put in said charge, it isn't static for anyone to say it is always 47x

@Jaakor48 Not going to go back-and-forth with you on every single line, but I don't need to prove that Super Perfect Cell is below baseline Solar System level. All I know is that scaling from other characters ends up putting him there, and he had a calc for a specific attack in the tier above.

I'm not arguing for trying to derive a specific multiplier from that.

as a charged attack, the ammount of times it is higher than the normal AP depends on how much time and energy is put in said charge, it isn't static for anyone to say it is always 47x
Please don't tag me with this ridiculousness

I literally listed all the major uses of the technique in Canon, not one even for to 3x, if "it isn't static for anyone to say it is always 47x" then who exactlly are you to decide that it is 47x and not follow the gaps we see in canon? Especially since it's almost literally the most abused technique in the franchise?

I literally listed all the major uses of the technique in Canon, not one even for to 3x, if "it isn't static for anyone to say it is always 47x" then who exactlly are you to decide that it is 47x and not follow the gaps we see in canon? Especially since it's almost literally the most abused technique in the franchise?
These multipliers don't follow our standards

Huh, but it comes from the characters' own energy, there's no way to disagree that it's literally the character's energy being carried into the character.
OK? So we give them the quantification of:

"X tier normally, higher with amped attack" Learn our standards please, LuffyRuffy

It should be significantly less than 47x. Otherwise why would Goku bother with Kaioken x20 or Spirit Bomb if he can make a Kamehameha that is more powerful than 100% Frieza? Also, a comparable technique, Piccolo's SBC is just around 3x and that's a way longer charge time than Cell's Kamehameha.

It should be significantly less than 47x. Otherwise why would Goku bother with Kaioken x20 or Spirit Bomb if he can make a Kamehameha that is more powerful than 100% Frieza? Also, a comparable technique, Piccolo's SBC is just around 3x and that's a way longer charge time than Cell's Kamehameha.
There's no specific consistency for this.

Vegeta can't even scratch Perfect Cell with his attacks - but a charged Final Flash could blast off half his body and could have killed him outright. That's way, way more than a 2x or 3x level of effectiveness.

Normally, all attacks are amplified by the user's own ki, so it is due to the ki.
No? There's amped attacks where more chi is outputted than normal.

Say Goku has 1 million "Chi units" normally. His normal punches have 1 chi worth of energy. His amped attacks use 30 chi's worthy of energy. This is how amped attacks work, LuffyRuffy, please learn our standards

Say Goku has 1 million "Chi units" normally. His normal punches have 1 chi worth of energy. His amped attacks use 30 chi's worthy of energy. This is how amped attacks work, LuffyRuffy, please learn our standards
I think you should know more about Dragon Ball, since you seem to have never seen the work, if such a character has the ability to carry such an attack and amplify it is because of the user's own ki, mentioned many times in the work itself.

And in addition, Cell makes it clear that this is happening through his ki and does not give away his ability, there is no way to deny something so simple.

Vegeta can't even scratch Perfect Cell with his attacks - but a charged Final Flash could blast off half his body and could have killed him outright. That's way, way more than a 2x or 3x level of effectiveness.
Krillin also goes up a Tier with his Destructo Disc

It's true, there is no evidence that the character can endlessly power-up their Ki attack to such a massive power gap between their owb power. It's clear that the maximum difference is 3x, so 4x should be safe.

This KT ass example

Thread looks fine. Scale em above the Frieza calc. Arbitrary backscaling makes no sense

@LuffyRuffy46307 This isn't the thread to try and refute basic Ki mechanics that are already accepted on the wiki. Take it to another thread or I'll have to start deleting posts that are derailing.
Well, we know SSJ2 Gohan physical strength~Vegeta's Final Flash, since they both destroyed a Perfect Cell tier character. Yes, Vegeta's would have eraser him, like his arm, while Gohan's only destroyed them to pieces. So downscale it from Super Vegeta Final Flash. Maybe the gap between these two. Help use gauge between Cell and his Ki attack.

Hmm I see your point.

I'm still in favor of just downscaling but I'll let the other staff decide this.

Do we have any attacks that can be for sure scaled above Cell's Kamehameha? Perhaps Vegeta's Final Explosion? Or the Spirit Bomb that killed Buu?

Hmm I see your point.

I'm still in favor of just downscaling but I'll let the other staff decide this.

Do we have any attacks that can be for sure scaled above Cell's Kamehameha? Perhaps Vegeta's Final Explosion? Or the Spirit Bomb that killed Buu?
Check the Daizenshuu

Please don't tag me with this ridiculousness
....spicy aren't we?

if the gap varies with the ammount of and time of a charge.....then you can grap as much examples as you can, it varying in the first place will not make any pattern with it be a thing, Cell could just have been a case of "he charged more"

Yeah. Gohan's Kamehameha which was described as the most powerful Kamehameha ever IIRC.
Huh, that was kinda obvious.

Anyways, should other characters also get this 4-B rating with "strongest attacks?" Anyone as powerful as SSJ2 Gohan should be able to charge an attack powerful enough to get this 4-B rating.

@Jaakor48 Not going to go back-and-forth with you on every single line, but I don't need to prove that Super Perfect Cell is below baseline Solar System level.
In other words, you can't prove it, basically you just...want him to below baseline over nothing? Because I can GUARANTEE you don't have a shred of proof to show that a KHH would ever boost him that high
All I know is that scaling from other characters ends up putting him there, and he had a calc for a specific attack in the tier above.
A Kamehameha attack, which somehow, in this one instance, boosts him by 47x, as against every other use of this same technique, sure.
I'm not arguing for trying to derive a specific multiplier from that.
But your arguing to downscale by this same multiplier, which makes no sense

But sure, there's no point going back and forth
These multipliers don't follow our standards
I don't follow

Huh, that was kinda obvious.

Anyways, should other characters also get this 4-B rating with "strongest attacks?" Anyone as powerful as SSJ2 Gohan should be able to charge an attack powerful enough to get this 4-B rating.
Not every character because we can't get a specific multiplier from this, but we'll look at other characters who scale to these two for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back