• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calamity • RP Thread

Siglos said nothing for a long moment, before breathing out.

“J-just…double-checking…e-everything. I…eh, just don't w-want anything to be off…e-even a bit…” The man muttered. He twitched anxiously, continuing to check the machine.

“J-just…double-checking…e-everything. I…eh, just don't w-want anything to be off…e-even a bit…” The man muttered. He twitched anxiously, continuing to check the machine.
"Good, thank you for your help Siglos." Kentoria said, letting her fire die down a bit to thank Siglos for his caution

"Good, Lance Corporal Siglos, Lance Corporal Kentoria... no pressure but your keeping the U.S.S Pheonix afloat here. Please stay safe as beat you can." Palaria said, satisfied with the response as she turned and walked out, moving to go talk to Marcus, who was the person she trusted most in her platoon outside of Lezyuhbel
(yeah, maybe think something to post)
(Poke)

Marcus met his superior, Palaria, he was currently thinking to see if Kentoria needed his help, he had his radio in his hand to communicate with her to see where she is, since she is his partner but don't activate it yet.

“Oh hello” he said while do a military salute with his hand.
Palaria returned the salute and with a motion dismissed the gesture of respect

"You got one part right if we're doing it that way..." Palaria muttered with a sigh

"Regardless, we have a lot of Privates and Seamen, people who haven't been in a storm on a ship before, you're the most reliable and able person we have to run around keeping the panic low, I'll do what I can, but overall we have a lot on our hands with this storm..." Palaria said, her voice revealing that the stress was getting to her a bit, her running around was definitely a product of that too

"Ok, I'm going to take care of the crew, tell me if something happe, we have to be careful, the last thing we want is for us to become the Titanic 2.0"
"We arent near iceberg country Marcus. Good luck." Palaria said, running off

"I hope we won't need it..." she thought to herself

Marcus begin this task, it was his responsibility to keep this ship in one piece, that included morale of people.

"No need to point out the obvious... <sips tea>... it's our job..."
"Alright then, Lieutenant. Let's get you in fighting shape."
(Ya'll want to timeskip? Get into the meat and veg of what we're doing?)

(All right Back lost the vote if he doesnt want to TS)

Fifty-five minutes passed and a lot got done, from reinforcement to calibrations the U.S.S Pheonix was ready for as much as she could take... which in this storm, would remain to be seen.

"Captain Direth..." Palaria muttered, rain suddenly beginning to pound on the U.S.S Pheonix like thunderous oxes, and the waves now being generated were actively moving the ship from side to side, those who didn't have their sea legs would be thrown down to the ground, which, in this case, would be most of the Marine rookies

"Full speed ahead, the storm's got us in it's grip and it ain't letting go! So we pierce through!" Captain Direth said over communications, his commanding voice coming clear on all channels "First Lieutenant, you should try to get to your soldiers. It's not safe on the bridge and if something happens to me this ship needs a leader." Direth said to Palaria, who opened her mouth to speak, but closed it and nodded in understanding, immediately scrambling to track down Iezuyhbel

"Iezuyhbel! How is everyone holding up?!" Palaria called over comms, dropping any semblance of naming ranks as she flew down three sets of stairs in record time, trying to get to where most of the lower-ranked individuals in her company were located

(All right Back lost the vote if he doesnt want to TS)
(Didn't even know what happened..)
Fifty-five minutes passed and a lot got done, from reinforcement to calibrations the U.S.S Pheonix was ready for as much as she could take... which in this storm, would remain to be seen.

"Captain Direth..." Palaria muttered, rain suddenly beginning to pound on the U.S.S Pheonix like thunderous oxes, and the waves now being generated were actively moving the ship from side to side, those who didn't have their sea legs would be thrown down to the ground, which, in this case, would be most of the Marine rookies

"Full speed ahead, the storm's got us in it's grip and it ain't letting go! So we pierce through!" Captain Direth said over communications, his commanding voice coming clear on all channels "First Lieutenant, you should try to get to your soldiers. It's not safe on the bridge and if something happens to me this ship needs a leader." Direth said to Palaria, who opened her mouth to speak, but closed it and nodded in understanding, immediately scrambling to track down Iezuyhbel

"Iezuyhbel! How is everyone holding up?!" Palaria called over comms, dropping any semblance of naming ranks as she flew down three sets of stairs in record time, trying to get to where most of the lower-ranked individuals in her company were located
"Not much! Falling over like sticks over here..." a stressed voice from Iezuyhbel as she got over to helping the rookies finding it hard to stand up.

"Try stabilizing the ship! If we go full speed and hit something first, we're all thrown off!" she said back at the comms.

Douglas was holding back some of the privates, doing her best to help them keep steady.

"Come on, balance! This is the kind of weather you're training prepared you for!" She said to some of the novices, "Hold on to something if you have to!"

(Didn't even know what happened..)

"Not much! Falling over like sticks over here..." a stressed voice from Iezuyhbel as she got over to helping the rookies finding it hard to stand up.

"Try stabilizing the ship! If we go full speed and hit something first, we're all thrown off!" she said back at the comms.
"That's why our STGs are working hard to keep us from ramming something." Direth responded a little bluntly

Palaria cursed in a language Iezuyhbel couldn't quite understand, before she thundered to meet Marcus wherever he was
Douglas was holding back some of the privates, doing her best to help them keep steady.

"Come on, balance! This is the kind of weather you're training prepared you for!" She said to some of the novices, "Hold on to something if you have to!"
"Get on the damn beds!" Gibraltr snapped, the medic's short temper coming through on that one as she pushed one of the struggling privates onto the bed much to his embarrassment

"That's why our STGs are working hard to keep us from ramming something." Direth responded a little bluntly

Palaria cursed in a language Iezuyhbel couldn't quite understand, before she thundered to meet Marcus wherever he was
"I know! Just make sure we have somewhere to land this boat, an island or whatever!" Iezuyhbel replied, trying to make out her voice despite the loud rain.

Siglos was...not handling the newfound rocking of the ship well, the small man leaning heavily against the wall as he felt the ground tilt and shift beneath his feet. He wiped a grimy glove across his brow, letting out a shaky breath. He seemed to have been...muttering something to himself. A prayer of some kind, though...of what nature couldn't be determined by most...the words spoken in his Farsi, his native tongue, instead of English.

"...O Allah, I...I ask You for its (the wind’s) go...goodness, the good....good within it, and the good it was...was s-sent with, and I take refuge with You from its... i-its evil..." [Said In Farsi]. He continued to mutter this to himself, his eyes closed.

she thundered to meet Marcus wherever he was

Marcus stood firm while he was in a safe area with a couple of rookies while he encouraged them that everything was fine, since the sea was crazy he had to be ready for anything, everyone was in position, he suspected that this storm would last a long time so one would have to be holding on to something

"Well, Palaria, what's the situation?" Marcus said when he saw his superior approaching.

Siglos was...not handling the newfound rocking of the ship well, the small man leaning heavily against the wall as he felt the ground tilt and shift beneath his feet. He wiped a grimy glove across his brow, letting out a shaky breath. He seemed to have been...muttering something to himself. A prayer of some kind, though...of what nature couldn't be determined by most...the words spoken in his Farsi, his native tongue, instead of English.

"...O Allah, I...I ask You for its (the wind’s) go...goodness, the good....good within it, and the good it was...was s-sent with, and I take refuge with You from its... i-its evil..." [Said In Farsi]. He continued to mutter this to himself, his eyes closed.
"Pull yourself together, Siglos! The gods cant do all the work!" Kentoria said, she assumed it was a prayer, considering the language spoken in and 'Allah' being mentioned, not that she cared as she pulled Siglos to his feet quickly with one strong arm, though she had some trouble staying standing herself, both her and Siglos needed to stay on it in the watery hell that was this storm
Marcus stood firm while he was in a safe area with a couple of rookies while he encouraged them that everything was fine, since the sea was crazy he had to be ready for anything, everyone was in position, he suspected that this storm would last a long time so one would have to be holding on to something

"Well, Palaria, what's the situation?" Marcus said when he saw his superior approaching.
"The privates in the med bay... are falling like... cups around a cat..." Palaria said, her breathing a little heavy from the amount of running she was doing, however, a massive rock from the ship due to a wave sent Palaria completely unbalanced, and she did begin to fall, but she would catch herself on a wall if Marcus didn't "And the storm is treating us rather poorly!"

"The privates in the med bay... are falling like... cups around a cat..." Palaria said, her breathing a little heavy from the amount of running she was doing, however, a massive rock from the ship due to a wave sent Palaria completely unbalanced, and she did begin to fall, but she would catch herself on a wall if Marcus didn't "And the storm is treating us rather poorly!"
"Damn, we should go to an area were we cannot trip so easily or something falling on us" Marcus said as he gave Palaria his hand to move

Last edited:
"Damn, we should be somewhere where we can all have an area that is safe away from the windows, at this rate someone will slip and be thrown out of a window" Marcus said as he gave Palaria his hand to move
(There uh, there wouldnt be windows on a Cruiser-Class ship sans the bridge lol)

"Damn, we should go to an area were we cannot trip so easily or something falling on us" Marcus said as he gave Palaria his hand to move
"Water and fish or metal, that's a hard choice!" Palaria said quickly, trying to stay somewhat light-hearted as to alleviate the panic as she quickly took Marcus' arm and began to get them back to where she once came as the U.S.S Pheonix shook and rocked with the waves

(Waiting for Miiidas now)

"Pull yourself together, Siglos! The gods cant do all the work!" Kentoria said, she assumed it was a prayer, considering the language spoken in and 'Allah' being mentioned, not that she cared as she pulled Siglos to his feet quickly with one strong arm, though she had some trouble staying standing herself, both her and Siglos needed to stay on it in the watery hell that was this storm
Siglos was interrupted mid-prayer as he felt Kentoria's strong grip against his arm, his arms quickly moving to wrap around his larger teammate. He braced himself, pressing his body against hers while attempting to keep both him and herself on even footing.

"S-sorry...s-sorry ma'am! I...I n-need..to..eh..." He said nothing more, taking several, deep breaths.

"BRACE FOR--" Captain Direth began to shout over the comms before the loud screeching symphony of the ship's fuel tank being ruptured and metal being torn up sounded, disabling communications across the ship as it shook and cracked...
Siglos was interrupted mid-prayer as he felt Kentoria's strong grip against his arm, his arms quickly moving to wrap around his larger teammate. He braced himself, pressing his body against hers while attempting to keep both him and herself on even footing.

"S-sorry...s-sorry ma'am! I...I n-need..to..eh..." He said nothing more, taking several, deep breaths.
The Engine Room was the first to feel the effects besides the Bridge, being the area closest to the fuel tank, and Kentoria quickly realized what was up, and tried to move as a piece of the roof above their heads began to bend and Crack, but she was too slow, and in an instant, she was hit on the head, not by a falling piece, or that probably would've instantly killed her, but it was a hard enough hit to completely daze the Enginner, and in her last bit of consciousness, pushed Siglos to safety "save yourself...!" She said before fully passing out that same piece of metal finished falling and crushed Kentoria under it.
Thankfully, Palaria, Marcus, and a few members of the staff were on deck at the time of the occurrence, or, fortunate that they weren't in a position to be too badly injured as the ship, almost ripped in half in front of them, one thing was clear: the U.S.S Pheonix was unlikely to see sea again.

"D-damn...!" Palaria exclaimed as she fell on her face and slid towards the opening, try as she might to stay on her feet

"I know! Just make sure we have somewhere to land this boat, an island or whatever!" Iezuyhbel replied, trying to make out her voice despite the loud rain.
The Med Bay was Thankfully away from the center of the ship and was reinforced, but that didn't mean it was unaffected by the shaking throwing everyone but those who had been through hell and back off their feet, forcing Gibraltr to literally save a private by tackling him away from a falling support, but that was the worst of it...

Aftermath​

A pulse ran through the U.S.S Pheonix, leading all to feel... different, some were incapacitated if they weren't already, but some felt like they could do anything... one thing was clear: The game had changed. The U.S.S Pheonix stopped shaking, and all was left in silence...

(I will properly explain the pulse in-story later.)

The Engine Room was the first to feel the effects besides the Bridge, being the area closest to the fuel tank, and Kentoria quickly realized what was up, and tried to move as a piece of the roof above their heads began to bend and Crack, but she was too slow, and in an instant, she was hit on the head, not by a falling piece, or that probably would've instantly killed her, but it was a hard enough hit to completely daze the Enginner, and in her last bit of consciousness, pushed Siglos to safety "save yourself...!" She said before fully passing out that same piece of metal finished falling and crushed Kentoria under it.
As the ship began to steady...Siglos brought himself to his hands and knees, having fallen over the moment Kentoria had pushed him to safety. Unsteadily...he looked around at the ruins of the engine room, his arms trembling ever so slightly beneath his weight.

"Miss...K...Kentoria?" He called out. His voice was quiet...hushed, still in shock over the sudden impact.

"......" He listened for a moment...yet was only met with the creaking metal of the ruined ship. His eyes moved towards the place where he was standing, just moments ago...a large piece of metal where he had last seen his sister in arms.

"...." His face paled. With quick, clumsy motions, he staggered forward, nearly tripping on several loose pieces of metal as he moved in front of the piece of metal.

"N-no....nonononono. K-Ken...Kentoria!" He muttered. Quickly, he crouched down, placing both hands under the sheet of metal. With as much of his meager strength as he could muster, he attempted to push the debris off of her.

As the ship began to steady...Siglos brought himself to his hands and knees, having fallen over the moment Kentoria had pushed him to safety. Unsteadily...he looked around at the ruins of the engine room, his arms trembling ever so slightly beneath his weight.

"Miss...K...Kentoria?" He called out. His voice was quiet...hushed, still in shock over the sudden impact.

"......" He listened for a moment...yet was only met with the creaking metal of the ruined ship. His eyes moved towards the place where he was standing, just moments ago...a large piece of metal where he had last seen his sister in arms.

"...." His face paled. With quick, clumsy motions, he staggered forward, nearly tripping on several loose pieces of metal as he moved in front of the piece of metal.

"N-no....nonononono. K-Ken...Kentoria!" He muttered. Quickly, he crouched down, placing both hands under the sheet of metal. With as much of his meager strength as he could muster, he attempted to push the debris off of her.
Siglos... could actually move the massive sheet, a solid ton of sheer material and Siglos could move it, this could not be natural.

Under the sheet, lay Kentoria on her belly, barely moving, her normally flat uniform ruffled by what had happened, and the back of her head had blood leaking from it, her brown hair being stained with her own blood, and her face wasn't much better, several trails of blood running down if and out of her mouth... unconscious, and she would definitely die without an excellent medic's aid.

Douglas looked around, checking on the privates that were there.

"Are you alright?" She asked, helping those that had fallen to their feet. And those who were incapacitated, she would try to get them moved over to the med bay area.

Douglas looked around, checking on the privates that were there.

"Are you alright?" She asked, helping those that had fallen to their feet. And those who were incapacitated, she would try to get them moved over to the med bay area.
(Douglas is in the med bay)

Siglos... could actually move the massive sheet, a solid ton of sheer material and Siglos could move it, this could not be natural.

Under the sheet, lay Kentoria on her belly, barely moving, her normally flat uniform ruffled by what had happened, and the back of her head had blood leaking from it, her brown hair being stained with her own blood, and her face wasn't much better, several trails of blood running down if and out of her mouth... unconscious, and she would definitely die without an excellent medic's aid.
“S-she…she’s alive…” Siglos muttered to himself, far too overcome with a mixture of shock and relief to notice the absurdity of his strange, newfound strength. He hesitated for a moment, before carefully moving his arm beneath her back, placing his other arm beneath her knees. Slowly…he lifted her upward before looking around.

“…I-it’s ok. W-we…we’re ok. W…we…we’re going to…to g-get you t-to…to safety…” He whispered to his unconscious companion. He glanced around, before slowly moving in the direction of the medbay.

“S-she…she’s alive…” Siglos muttered to himself, far too overcome with a mixture of shock and relief to notice the absurdity of his strange, newfound strength. He hesitated for a moment, before carefully moving his arm beneath her back, placing his other arm beneath her knees. Slowly…he lifted her upward before looking around.

“…I-it’s ok. W-we…we’re ok. W…we…we’re going to…to g-get you t-to…to safety…” He whispered to his unconscious companion. He glanced around, before slowly moving in the direction of the medbay.
Kentoria's arms and legs dangled there, no blood dripping from them, thankfully, and Siglos' pace made sure to not agitate Kentoria's severe head injuries. Of course, such unconsciousness is not eternal, and Kentoria groaned when Siglos was about halfway to the Medbay, a long noise of pain and discomfort, her brown eyes flickering open and closed as she was ridiculously light-sensitive.

And the pathway wasn't really clear either, though the conscious people were trying to help, they were few and far between, only providing just enough space for Siglos to clear Kentoria through each

Kentoria's arms and legs dangled there, no blood dripping from them, thankfully, and Siglos' pace made sure to not agitate Kentoria's severe head injuries. Of course, such unconsciousness is not eternal, and Kentoria groaned when Siglos was about halfway to the Medbay, a long noise of pain and discomfort, her brown eyes flickering open and closed as she was ridiculously light-sensitive.

And the pathway wasn't really clear either, though the conscious people were trying to help, they were few and far between, only providing just enough space for Siglos to clear Kentoria through each
Siglos crept through the passageway as he walked, careful not to bump into any soldiers who were unconscious or tending to the wounded. He kept his eyes trained on Kentoria, however the concerned little man carefully observed her condition as he walked through the cramped passage. Thus, he noticed almost immediately when the woman's eyes began to flutter, his own eyes widening in visible surprise.

"...M-miss Kentoria!" He blurted out, a bit louder than he meant to. He lowered his voice before continuing.

"...I-it's me....Sig- erm...Abel. How a-are you f-feeling?" He asked, the worry clear in his tone.

Siglos crept through the passageway as he walked, careful not to bump into any soldiers who were unconscious or tending to the wounded. He kept his eyes trained on Kentoria, however the concerned little man carefully observed her condition as he walked through the cramped passage. Thus, he noticed almost immediately when the woman's eyes began to flutter, his own eyes widening in visible surprise.

"...M-miss Kentoria!" He blurted out, a bit louder than he meant to. He lowered his voice before continuing.

"...I-it's me....Sig- erm...Abel. How a-are you f-feeling?" He asked, the worry clear in his tone.
"How the... fuhu-hu-huck... do you think...?" Kentoria groaned out, her voice cracky and pained, her eyes tried to focus on Siglos, and from what he could see, her pupils were very wide, she had a severe concussion, clearly

"ugh... the world is spinning... and darkness... no, Kentoria. Get your act together. You need to last until you're treated. You can't die here!" Kentoria's thoughts burst up, her will to live rising to try and pull her from the edge of death

Thankfully, Palaria, Marcus, and a few members of the staff were on deck at the time of the occurrence, or, fortunate that they weren't in a position to be too badly injured as the ship, almost ripped in half in front of them, one thing was clear: the U.S.S Pheonix was unlikely to see sea again. "D-damn...!" Palaria exclaimed as she fell on her face and slid towards the opening, try as she might to stay on her feet
Mark was holding onto a railing with all his strength as if his life depended on it.

"God, is this the titanic?" He tried to tell himself, joking was a response system that some people used to deal with adversity, sometimes works, sometimes not.

he saw Palaria and tried to extend his hand for her to hold and stabilize.

Mark was holding onto a railing with all his strength as if his life depended on it.

"God, is this the titanic?" He tried to tell himself, joking was a response system that some people used to deal with adversity, sometimes works, sometimes not.

he saw Palaria and tried to extend his hand for her to hold and stabilize.
Palaria managed to Grab hold just in time, her grip very tight in her stifled terror, her other arm failed to catch a hold of Marcus' arm as well and she held on until the ship stopped moving and she could relax... "ha... h-ha..." she breathed, trembling lightly from the experience, clearly, the First Lieutenant cracked under all the terror of the U.S.S Pheonix being destroyed, and it looked destroyed, right up against a large boulder...

And out there, an island. Uncharted, unmarked... and Marcus couldn't see past the beach. The forest was too thick for him to see anything, which probably meant that getting through it was going to just be a joy...

Palaria managed to Grab hold just in time, her grip very tight in her stifled terror, her other arm failed to catch a hold of Marcus' arm as well and she held on until the ship stopped moving and she could relax... "ha... h-ha..." she breathed, trembling lightly from the experience, clearly, the First Lieutenant cracked under all the terror of the U.S.S Pheonix being destroyed, and it looked destroyed, right up against a large boulder...

And out there, an island. Uncharted, unmarked... and Marcus couldn't see past the beach. The forest was too thick for him to see anything, which probably meant that getting through it was going to just be a joy...
"We need to see what's useful in the ship and how the others members are" He said trying to keep his mind under control, which was difficult, hitman movies made it look so easy not to be afraid of death, but when you're in this situation, it's easy to breaks

Back