• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cataclysm • RP Thread

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
The room was dark and wide, darkness choked the edges of the brown walls and roof with a large stone table in the middle, one large largely diamond and Onyx Stonefallen and one fairly tall and bulky man stood in front of the table

The large doors leading into the room opened and a rather lithe woman in fairly simple clothing rushed in, she'd been called to the room and her green eyes shone at the man

"Palaria, good to see you, I and Llarinus here are talking about making a special forces unit." The man- known as Balthar Steelheart, the leader of the Resistance, had saved Palaria's life from the Cataclysm

"R-really? Who will lead it?" Palaria asked, she was very nervous about this, her purple hair was just a little messy

"You and Commander Llarinus here will be joint leaders, we need people who we can trust apsolutely to lead, plus, you aren't lacking in intelligence, so you're a great fit for the job." Balthar said, giving Palaria a reassuring smile and a hand on the shoulder

"M-me?" Palaria asked with a shocked and worried expression

"You'll do fine... plus, this gets you the support you'll need." Balthar said

"Your right...! I can d-do this!" Palaria said, just as the call to the planning room came out to the rest of those invited...

Registration Thread

Sena received the call just as she finished cleaning her sword. She sheathed it and attached it around her waist as she made her way to the planning room.

A big smile was on her face as she entered the room. “Hello everyone. How are you all today?” she asked cheerfully to those already there.

Sena received the call just as she finished cleaning her sword. She sheathed it and attached it around her waist as she made her way to the planning room.

A big smile was on her face as she entered the room. “Hello everyone. How are you all today?” she asked cheerfully to those already there.
"Not doing well, honestly." Palaria said, shaking her head "y-you?" Palaria asked

Balthar just nodded

Llarinus tilted his head before simply replying "fine." His voice was deep as all hell

Neron walked to the room, looking around like a street kid entering a fancy house for the first time.

He look at Sena and the others with small smile

“Hello there, I'm Neron“

"Not doing well, honestly." Palaria said, shaking her head "y-you?" Palaria asked

Balthar just nodded

Llarinus tilted his head before simply replying "fine." His voice was deep as all hell
Turning to Palaria she said, “I’m doing great today, thanks for asking. And I’m sure things will start to turn around for you,” trying to be encouraging.
"Fine" Darren replied, his voice distorted by the mask he wore "So far, no discomfort in the 6 hours I've been wearing this"

“Well that’s good. Hope that doesn’t start to change.”

“Getting started without me after a summon? Not very nice, not very nice!”

Tall and slim, a martial artist in clothes the color of cherry blossoms enters the room as well. Tightly held together until her arrival, Aura's hands separate for a warm wave.

“I know, I know. No one's getting anything started yet, but who cares? Thought I'd handwave the tension. So much of that these days, I can't breathe! And I'm wearing no mask! Right?”

“Getting started without me after a summon? Not very nice, not very nice!”

Tall and slim, a martial artist in clothes the color of cherry blossoms enters the room as well. Tightly held together until her arrival, Aura's hands separate for a warm wave.

“I know, I know. No one's getting anything started yet, but who cares? Thought I'd handwave the tension. So much of that these days, I can't breathe! And I'm wearing no mask! Right?”
"There tends to be tension when a species numbering in the billions gets dropped to under 20 million In one fell swoop." Balthar said bluntly, rolling his eyes slightly, though his tone wasn't unkind
Turning to Palaria she said, “I’m doing great today, thanks for asking. And I’m sure things will start to turn around for you,” trying to be encouraging.
Palaria shook her head sadly, clearly she didn't much think so

"There tends to be tension when a species numbering in the billions gets dropped to under 20 million In one fell swoop." Balthar said bluntly, rolling his eyes slightly, though his tone wasn't unkind
She hears the words and nods, taking them to heart. While evident that her spirits weren't lost and her own way of facing it all, Aura wouldn't be in the room if she couldn't read it. Knowing that she wasn't the best with serious situations ever since she left home, she now waits in silence unless addressed.

When she heard that Sena’s smile faded. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the talisman from her grandfather and held it close. Looking at it always reminded her of what she lost and what she had to do.

Palaria walked over to him, her head bowed

"I... I lost people... in the Cataclysm..." Palaria murmured really quietly
Neron wasn't sure how to act in this situation, he tried to reassure her.

"Well, I don't know you but I know that as long as you stand firm on your path, those people, whatever they are in the afterlife, will be proud of you."

“You don’t need to be so insensitive about it,” Sena said looking toward Darren.
"I suppose I shouldn't. But if you need to grieve, there's a time and place for it. I don't think now is the time" Darren said before pulling out a call card with the address and schedule of a grief councilor which he offers to Palaria.

"It's a pretty good service".

Neron wasn't sure how to act in this situation, he tried to reassure her.

"Well, I don't know you but I know that as long as you stand firm on your path, those people, whatever they are in the afterlife, will be proud of you."
"Th-thank you..." Palaria said, her mood clearly being risen by the his support
"I suppose I shouldn't. But if you need to grieve, there's a time and place for it. I don't think now is the time" Darren said before pulling out a call card with the address and schedule of a grief councilor which he offers to Palaria.

"It's a pretty good service".
"And since she's going to be your boss for awhile at least, I recommend showing some respect, Darren." Balthar said

"Which gets me to why your all here. While out forces take for guerilla tactics while we try to make a foothold more then just a path from here to Ironforge(The Stonefallen capital), those of you gathered here will be part of a small force to cover the larger then life problems and operations, your strike force will be named "The Ashes of Calamity", I will give you the rest of the day to get acquainted with eachother and your two commanders, Palaria Lifeheart and Llarion, before I give you your first mission." Balthar said

Victoria awoke from her sleep as the long dress covered her face, her multi-colored hair laying flat on the stone concrete floor.

But then...

"Oh right! I was late...."

She sighed, knowing that she wasn't in time for the summoning.

"And since she's going to be your boss for awhile at least, I recommend showing some respect, Darren." Balthar said

"Which gets me to why your all here. While out forces take for guerilla tactics while we try to make a foothold more then just a path from here to Ironforge(The Stonefallen capital), those of you gathered here will be part of a small force to cover the larger then life problems and operations, your strike force will be named "The Ashes of Calamity", I will give you the rest of the day to get acquainted with eachother and your two commanders, Palaria Lifeheart and Llarion, before I give you your first mission." Balthar said
Just then, the door opened, with Victoria walking as she carries a long white cross on her back, the dress being dragged on the floor.

Sena eyes widened as she heard the news, “To be chosen for this is an honor, thank you,” she quickly turns to Palaria and Llarion and bows toward them, “My name is Sena Sakurane. I look forward to working together. I’ll do whatever I can to support you and the others.” She says respectfully.

Victoria awoke from her sleep as the long dress covered her face, her multi-colored hair laying flat on the stone concrete floor.

But then...

"Oh right! I was late...."

She sighed, knowing that she wasn't in time for the summoning.

Just then, the door opened, with Victoria walking as she carries a long white cross on her back, the dress being dragged on the floor.
"And it seems someone is late, I'm sure some of you can fill her in." Balthar said, amused internally even if he didn't sound happy externally
Sena eyes widened as she heard the news, “To be chosen for this is an honor, thank you,” she quickly turns to Palaria and Llarion and bows toward them, “My name is Sena Sakurane. I look forward to working together. I’ll do whatever I can to support you and the others.” She says respectfully.
"Thank you." Palaria said, also bowing

"Welcome to the Ashes of Calamity." Llarion said

“That's a kickass name!”

The improvised training stops. Aura's head turns to left and right alike, gauging commanders and allies. The woman loses no time in pointing the index to her newly found superiors.

“So! You'll be pointing where I should be kicking from now on, huh? Good, good!! GOOD! Why, that's very good! I like that. Aura Len. You don't need to remember it, but our enemies won't forget! Bet!”

“That's a kickass name!”

The improvised training stops. Aura's head turns to left and right alike, gauging commanders and allies. The woman loses no time in pointing the index to her newly found superiors.

“So! You'll be pointing where I should be kicking from now on, huh? Good, good!! GOOD! Why, that's very good! I like that. Aura Len. You don't need to remember it, but our enemies won't forget! Bet!”
"Calm down. You have "stamina" limits." Llarion said

"Uh... yeah..." Palaria murmured

"Calm down. You have "stamina" limits." Llarion said

"Uh... yeah..." Palaria murmured
“You! You sound like my old master. Hahahahahaha! Ha! Haha! This is like a rend-Render-Rendz-rend... HELL! Hell do they call that word, again?”
Rendezvouz.
“Whatever. And you! I saw one or two people dying to give you advice so here's mine. When we let a fight cost our soul, 'tis as good as lost. Got it? You got it.” Having “decided” that on her own, Aura bowed.

The lady scratched her head but said nothing as she sat on a chair.
"Dangit..." she muttered.
"I'll give you a quick rundown. We're essentially a versatile squad formed to deal with various issues that may arise against this place, presumably in combat" Darren explained before offering his hand.

"Name's Darren Timbre"

The lady scratched her head but said nothing as she sat on a chair.
"Dangit..." she muttered.
Balthar walked over to stand in front of her and stared into her eyes for two long moments before smiling "its not a big deal in this case, this isn't time-sensitive!"

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a front line to tend to." Balthar said while he walked and saluted everyone In the room on the way out
“You! You sound like my old master. Hahahahahaha! Ha! Haha! This is like a rend-Render-Rendz-rend... HELL! Hell do they call that word, again?”
Rendezvouz.
“Whatever. And you! I saw one or two people dying to give you advice so here's mine. When we let a fight cost our soul, 'tis as good as lost. Got it? You got it.” Having “decided” that on her own, Aura bowed.
Llarion closed his diamond eyes and sighed breath he didn't need while Palaria was looking just a bit confused

"I'll give you a quick rundown. We're essentially a versatile squad formed to deal with various issues that may arise against this place, presumably in combat" Darren explained before offering his hand.

"Name's Darren Timbre"
"Victoria Geheimnis..."
She still looked down, the hair covering her face.
Balthar walked over to stand in front of her and stared into her eyes for two long moments before smiling "its not a big deal in this case, this isn't time-sensitive!"
"Oh?" Victoria flipped her hair, her amber eyes glancing at him.
"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a front line to tend to." Balthar said while he walked and saluted everyone In the room on the way out
"Is there a price I can get? Like money or food? Kinda starving..." she spoke in a soft yet down tone, her face always wearing a frown.

"Victoria Geheimnis..."
She still looked down, the hair covering her face.

"Oh?" Victoria flipped her hair, her amber eyes glancing at him.

"Is there a price I can get? Like money or food? Kinda starving..." she spoke in a soft yet down tone, her face always wearing a frown.
"Obviously there's food."' Llarion said and tossed her a nutrient bar, just a good bite of that bar could feed a person for a day, though it did not taste pleasant

Palaria made her way over to the new arrival "My name is Palaria... so what's with you?" She asked

"Obviously there's food."' Llarion said and tossed her a nutrient bar, just a good bite of that bar could feed a person for a day, though it did not taste pleasant
The nutrient bar simply hit her face she didn't even bother to lift a finger to grab or catch it.
Palaria made her way over to the new arrival "My name is Palaria... so what's with you?" She asked
"It's.... Victoria...." she said sluggishly as if a video slowed down.

Slowly, she grabbed the bar dropped on her dress, picks it up, and slowly eats it, all the while looking at Palaria with sleepy eyes.

Sena studied each member of the group one at a time ending on Palaria, her new boss, and the newest arrival. She felt excited to be part of a team and wanted to do her best to support them. And I’ll make sure to protect them this time, she thought to herself.

“Seems to me that someone's body is here but her mind is still lying on the pillow. Can relate.”
Aura hummed, before getting closer to the new face as well.
“I'm all for the ‘if not now, when then?‘ attitude! But gotta say, coming to a reunion this important in this kind of shape? Now that's a backbone. Respect on your name.”

Palaria nodded "you should get some more sleep..." she said gently, she didn't even mention the Alcohol
"It's fine... I slept for 10 hours... Could use some coffee to kick-start my day...."
“I agree. Get some rest and take care of yourself.” Sena added with a soft smile.
"Who... are you now, girl?" she asked, glancing at Sena slowly
“Seems to me that someone's body is here but her mind is still lying on the pillow. Can relate.”
Aura hummed, before getting closer to the new face as well.
“I'm all for the ‘if not now, when then?‘ attitude! But gotta say, coming to a reunion this important in this kind of shape? Now that's a backbone. Respect on your name.”
"What? I have no time for being too poetic, I need some coffee..." she said, finishing her bar as she slumped on the chair.

"It's fine... I slept for 10 hours... Could use some coffee to kick-start my day...."

"Who... are you now, girl?" she asked, glancing at Sena slowly

"What? I have no time for being too poetic, I need some coffee..." she said, finishing her bar as she slumped on the chair.
"Ah, so you jusf woke up..." Palaria murmured

"I don't know how much coffee we have in supply to be honest with you..." Palaria said genuinely

"Ah, so you jusf woke up..." Palaria murmured

"I don't know how much coffee we have in supply to be honest with you..." Palaria said genuinely
"It's fine... One cup would do... It's not like I'm gonna need a whole box... hehe" she slightly giggled, only for her face to return back to a frown.

Back