• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator

Busoshoku Haki Revision

This is gonna be a lot. In fact, it was so much that I put every resistance in a spoiler.

Resistance to Heat and Fire Manipulation

Agree: StrawHatArslan, joshpiece, Axxtentacle, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, LordGinSama
Partially Disagree:
Disagree: theultimate5105, Damage3245
Neutral:

Regeneration Negation: Mid

Agree: StrawHatArslan, joshpiece, Axxtentacle, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, LordGinSama
Partially Disagree:
Disagree:
Neutral: Donquixote_DeadPanky,

Resistance to Spacial Manip

Agree: Eminiteable, StrawHatArslan, joshpiece, Axxtentacle, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, LordGinSama
Partially Disagree: XDragnoir (with one example given)
Disagree: Ryuga21
Neutral:

Resistance to Intangibility Negation and to Resistance Negation

Marco and Vista hit Akainu with Haki but their attacks don’t stop him from turning into magma

I quote a reddit user from this thread.
Marco & Vista for example failed to cut Akainu by forcing his body to solidity, therefore, their Armament Haki is not strong enough to hack through Akainu's DF because it has a greater level of resistance to Armament Haki and conversely, their Haki isn't strong enough to fully treat his body like solid.

^ Exhibit: Chapter 574.

Pay attention to the "WHAM" SFX, it indicates impact or blows that landed against a surface as "these examples" show. This is to repudiate the idea that Akainu created a gap for the attacks to miss him. Attacks that do not land on anything but air don't show up as "WHAM", but "WHOOM" or "WHOOSH" that indicate cutting through air at high speeds.
Whitebeard on the other hand had no issues hurt Akainu, why? because Whitebeard's Haki is at the very highest level, the Magu Magu no Mi's level of resistance is exceeded by Whitebeard's Armament's strength, consequently, he's able to treat his body as a solid/tangible object.

Doflamingo with a Buso Brute force attack couldn’t harm Luffy, and his body stayed rubber

Katakuri can bypass Luffy’s resistance to Resistance Negation with a Buso Brute force attack, something done via superior Buso
Agree: Eminiteable, StrawHatArslan, joshpiece, Axxtentacle, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, LordGinSama
Partially Disagree: M3X (Res to Res Neg), theultimate5105 (Res to Int Neg), YuriAkuto (Res to Res Neg)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Resistance to Petrification, Paralysis, Corrosion, and Poison Manipulation

Shinokuni is created from Smiley (H2S gas), which has corrosive properties

Shinokuni Petrifies and Paralyzes whoever it touches

Luffy’s Armament Haki wasn’t affected by the Shinokuni’s virus even though he made clear contact, it just crumbled off
Partially Disagree:
Disagree: theultimate5105
Neutral:

Resistance to All Elements that fall under the Logia Category

Via above, it’s shown that even with Haki, you’re still touching the specific element.

All elements that involve logias should be under the resistances of Busoshoku haki.
Partially Disagree:
Disagree: theultimate5105, Damage3245
Neutral:

Extras

We should remove Non-Physical Interaction and replace it with Elemental Intangibility Negation, since we see that Non-Physical Interaction via Buso doesn't work on Prometheus.
Partially Disagree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

In conclusion

Busoshoku Haki should get a lot of buffs.

Everything

Partially Disagree:
Disagree: Karlsefni
Neutral:

Last edited:
Disagree with resistance to resistance negation. They resisti the attack. It's like Kakashi's Kamui. They resisti space-time manipulation, not resistance negation.

It's a little different.

If it was just resisting the attack, Doflamingo wouldn't have felt rubber when he punched Luffy.
But he is resisting. Resistenace Negation isn't a thing, it's based on another power. Naruto uses cellular damage, Kakashi uses space manipulation... you can't resist resistance negation, you resist the power the character is using

Luffy resists poison which causes those other effects not relevent
Resistence to Intangibility negation is just no that is Haki being wonky pre time skip or it could be what aokiji and Katakuri do
you don't resist something for touching it that doesn't make sense so no unless it is very specific like heat but you wouldn't resist light manip for touching it

Everything else is fine

But he is resisting. Resistenace Negation isn't a thing,
it's based on another power. Naruto uses cellular damage, Kakashi uses space manipulation... you can't resist resistance negation, you resist the power the character is using
I can name a good amount of verses that have resistance to resistance negation.

Luffy is borderline immune to physical damage inverse (NLF outside of verse, but inverse, yes).
The only way to hurt him is to negate his resistance to it via Buso (Armament) Haki, which ends up negating his resistance.
Doflamingo not applying force on him in general and not turning him into something that is not rubber is a showing of resistance to resistance negation.
Yes, he's resisting his attack, but he's resisting the portion that has resistance negation.

Another example is the Akainu one.
They're applying their resistance negation on him. He resists physical attacks. They're making it to where they can harm him with physical attacks.
He has superior Buso Haki, which made their Haki'd attacks not turn him into something that can be harmed. That is why we see that his resistance to physical attacks was not negated, because he resisted it via superior haki.

They're applying their resistance negation on him. He resists physical attacks. They're making it to where they can harm him with physical attacks.
He has superior Buso Haki, which made their Haki'd attacks not turn him into something that can be harmed. That is why we see that his resistance to physical attacks was not negated, because he resisted it via superior haki.
disagree with this, likely just the katakuri method of reforming their bodies out of the way.

disagree with this, likely just the katakuri method of reforming their bodies out of the way.
The guy I posted in the OP explained why that wasn't the case for Akainu.
Marco & Vista for example failed to cut Akainu by forcing his body to solidity, therefore, their Armament Haki is not strong enough to hack through Akainu's DF because it has a greater level of resistance to Armament Haki and conversely, their Haki isn't strong enough to fully treat his body like solid.

^ Exhibit: Chapter 574.

Pay attention to the "WHAM" SFX, it indicates impact or blows that landed against a surface as "these examples" show. This is to repudiate the idea that Akainu created a gap for the attacks to miss him. Attacks that do not land on anything but air don't show up as "WHAM", but "WHOOM" or "WHOOSH" that indicate cutting through air at high speeds.
Whitebeard on the other hand had no issues hurt Akainu, why? because Whitebeard's Haki is at the very highest level, the Magu Magu no Mi's level of resistance is exceeded by Whitebeard's Armament's strength, consequently, he's able to treat his body as a solid/tangible object.

^ Exhibition: Chapter 575.
Plus, if it was the Katakuri method, then They would've swung through his entire body instead of stopping at the edges.

Luffy resists poison which causes those other effects not relevent
He resists poison going in his system and such via Ivankov's powers, Poison that sticks on you is fair game.
Resistence to Intangibility negation is just no that is Haki being wonky pre time skip or it could be what aokiji and Katakuri do
Someone explained why that's not the case above.
you don't resist something for touching it that doesn't make sense so no unless it is very specific like heat but you wouldn't resist light manip for touching it
Heat, magma, fire, light, the only one I wouldn't completely buy is snow and smoke.
We see that the Shinokuni affects you if you touch it. The Shinokuni became part of Caesar's logia mode. Luffy touched it and became affected. The logic should work for every single logia.
Everything else is fine
Even though we disagree on some things, I appreciate your input.

He resists poison going in his system and such via Ivankov's powers, Poison that sticks on you is fair game.
He resists poison that sticks to you also he also already resisted ceasers poison anyways
there is no reason you would not give the person previously established to have poison resistence different types of poison instead you say everyone with a ability that he had should get it
Someone explained why that's not the case above.
first of all for the whitebeard example the first hit was a sneak attack and Whitebeards hits have much greater AOE with vibrations so avoiding it would do nothing
now for the second part just one sound effect is not enough proof for negating haki especially when it is never mentioned
Heat, magma, fire, light, the only one I wouldn't completely buy is snow and smoke.
We see that the Shinokuni affects you if you touch it. The Shinokuni became part of Caesar's logia mode. Luffy touched it and became affected. The logic should work for every single logia.
light Would have zero reason to be resisted
Even though we disagree on some things, I appreciate your input.

We should probably wait on Regeneration negation for now. Marco’s regeneration is in a wonky spot right now where it seems like he can generate full limbs but not small bruises even when fighting the same opponent . Based on what we’ve seen he seems to ignore minor bruises (like the one Garp gave him) and prioritize major ones. Maybe he can only regenerate so much.

He resists poison that sticks to you also he also already resisted ceasers poison anyways
there is no reason you would not give the person previously established to have poison resistence different types of poison instead you say everyone with a ability that he had should get it
This is about Haki. The Haki wasn't affected.
I'm not referring to Luffy's antibodies, I'm referring to how the petrification didn't seep through his haki.
Luffy's antibodies don't transfer into his haki, that's that.
first of all for the whitebeard example the first hit was a sneak attack
I'm referring to the one on the left, which wasn't a sneak attack since he just got hit.
and Whitebeards hits have much greater AOE with vibrations so avoiding it would do nothing
Who's bringing up avoiding?
now for the second part just one sound effect is not enough proof for negating haki especially when it is never mentioned
We don't need a statement. The sound effect signifies that there was an impact instead of something missing.
Heck, if Vista swung downwards and Akainu transformed into lava, wouldn't Vista have went through his whole body?
Haki is used, the opponent is confirmed to have haki, the one who didn't die has superior haki. Simple. We don't need a statement. Or if we need statements for everything, we can remove Haki from Pre TS Zoro since it's never stated that he has haki.
light Would have zero reason to be resisted
So why doesn't rayleigh's sword get demolished by the light? Or every body part that touched it?

We should probably wait on Regeneration negation for now. Marco’s regeneration is in a wonky spot right now where it seems like he can generate full limbs but not small bruises even when fighting the same opponent . Based on what we’ve seen he seems to ignore minor bruises (like the one Garp gave him) and prioritize major ones. Maybe he can only regenerate so much.
Wasn't minor, that one bruise bandaged him bad.

Haki doesn't normally negate Paramecia fruits does it? Just logia's I thought.

Haki doesn't normally negate Paramecia fruits does it? Just logia's I thought.
It's emphasized to work on Logias because Logias are the most dangerous.
It worked on Luffy, a Paramecia.

In the explanation, it says devil fruits in general, not just logias. It emphasized Logias, but it doesn't just work on them.
0597-013.png

Daz Bones (paramecia) is immune to slashing attacks, but Zoro's Haki'd move defeated it and bypassed it. Same exact situation w/ Mihawk.

It's all devil fruits, not just logias.

I don't agree with the Resistance to Heat/Fire Manipulation.

It could be that Shanks and Whitebeard have much better weapons than those used by the fodder, and wouldn't be destroyed by Akainu's heat.

And regarding Luffy and Prometheus; he is punching very quickly through fire. If you move your hand very quickly through a fire, you won't get burned just from that split-second contact.

EDIT: I also don't think we should be listing resistances to all elements and abilities that are covered by Devil Fruits.... just put "Resistance to Devil Fruit powers" if you must. That covers everything. We don't have any reason to think Haki users would be safe from a non-DF elemental attack for example.

Last edited:
Highly disagree with "Resistance to resistance negation", it's just higher haki/resistance.

So why doesn't rayleigh's sword get demolished by the light? Or every body part that touched it?
I don't think Kizaru can bypass durability with attacks other than his lasers, so durability (haki or not) would stop his sword since it is just a physical attack and tanking elemental attacks does not mean resistance to it.

Last edited:
I don't agree with the Resistance to Heat/Fire Manipulation.

It could be that Shanks and Whitebeard have much better weapons than those used by the fodder, and wouldn't be destroyed by Akainu's heat.

And regarding Luffy and Prometheus; he is punching very quickly through fire. If you move your hand very quickly through a fire, you won't get burned just from that split-second contact.
Understood and this makes sense. Thanks.
EDIT: I also don't think we should be listing resistances to all elements and abilities that are covered by Devil Fruits.... just put "Resistance to Devil Fruit powers" if you must. That covers everything. We don't have any reason to think Haki users would be safe from a non-DF elemental attack for example.
Gotcha.
With the fire/heat resistance, wouldn't the Resistance to Devil Fruit Powers cover that as well? And I'm assuming you mean Logias, because if we mean all, then that's a lot of abilities and such.
Highly disagree with "Resistance to resistance negation", it's just higher haki/resistance.
And Resistance Negation falls under Haki. You're taking the abilities of Buso if you clash with it.
I understand what you mean, but there'd be no reason for Haki to have to clash with other Haki and not take the abilities of it.
I don't think Kizaru can bypass durability with attacks other than his lasers, so durability (haki or not) would stop his sword since it is just a physical attack
I guess this is fair.
and tanking elemental attacks does not mean resistance to it.
Resistance is the power to withstand the effects of certain abilities through varying means.
And via the Caesar example, they do come in contact with these elements.

The resistances to the logias scale off of the resistances to 2 other DFs, one logia (Caesar's) and one Paramecia (Law's).
The whole thing is basically saying that Haki resists devil fruits, but I can't list every single devil fruit ability like "resists transmutation via Sugar's fruit" or "resistsance to gravity via Issho's fruit", so I'm getting the ones that we've seen so far.

Question.

Would the resistance to logias include BB's fruit? We see that Whitebeard held Blackbeard (made contact with him) and still used his fruit. It could be because of Busoshoku Haki, and we know WB has stupidly strong Buso.

We see that Whitebeard held Blackbeard (made contact with him) and still used his fruit.

Blackbeard did nullify Whitebeard's Devil Fruit when he was expecting it and had his ability active.

It could be because of Busoshoku Haki, and we know WB has stupidly strong Buso.

Possibly, but it's also likely that Blackbeard just wasn't using his DF ability to negate Whitebeard's power once he grabbed him. He only used his power to block his initial swing.

Blackbeard did nullify Whitebeard's Devil Fruit when he was expecting it and had his ability active.
Possibly, but it's also likely that Blackbeard just wasn't using his DF ability to negate Whitebeard's power once he grabbed him.
I thought the only portion that needed to activate was the gravity portion, but contact by itself just stopped it altogether without it needing to be activated.
He only used his power to block his initial swing.
The same as above would apply.

Maybe. I don't remember if it is stated one way or the other if the nullifying is always active.

Maybe. I don't remember if it is stated one way or the other if the nullifying is always active.
All it says is "While I'm in contact with you, your fruit is done" basically.

Edit: And he says it's for DF users who overrate their own ability,

which is similar to what Pekoms said about Logias and w/ Haki.

So it's kinda drawing similarities

Would a character who resists elemental magic be safe from a non-magical elemental attack?

Would a character who resists elemental magic be safe from a non-magical elemental attack?
Possibly not.

To give an example, there's a character from Naruto who can absorb chakra-based flames to deal with them, but is helpless against natural fires.

Correct me if I’m wrong i am definitely not a fairy tail expert, but as an example, why does Erza have fire manipulation resistance in her profile with her “Flame Empress Armor” when she only has resisted fire spells and not any other type of fire manipulation outside of fire that originated from magic afaik?

If they use magic to create Natural elements like Black Clover's True Lightning Magic, then it will resist it.
If it doesn't show a difference from regular elements, they will resist it.

Idk how magic abilities fair. Do we treat magic based fire different from natural fire on the wiki? That would need to be elaborated on in the magic page.

If they use magic to create Natural elements like Black Clover's True Lightning Magic, then it will resist it.
If it doesn't show a difference from regular elements, they will resist it.

Do Devilfruit based elemental attacks show any difference from regular elemental attacks?

Do Devilfruit based elemental attacks show any difference from regular elemental attacks?
Devil Fruit based elemental attacks are all Natural.

They can merge with things in Nature that copy their ability (Gasu Gasu), they copy the speeds of their element (Goro Goro and Pika Pika), they can control already existing elements in nature (Suna Suna), they show similarities with their elements irl (Goro Goro stated to be SoLightning and moves through gold, + doesn't work on rubber, plus a scientific standpoint was needed to defeat the user), referred to as nature in an SBS, literally means "Nature System", yeah they're all natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back