• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach - accepting Memories of Nobody as canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 20180624-210650
>Ichigo isn't describing Senna just the valley of scream
Are you just reading what you want he literally says here that he went to that place before for a GIRL that only cares about cute.He is referencing her ribbon.

Ichigo meets senna again

Screenshot 20180624-210650
Okay so in this one page we have two direct references to the movie.

First Ichigo states he's been to the Kyogoku before.

Second stating it was for a girl.

What girl could it be @Matt

Senna.

As for the timeline we've clearly stated and shown that this happens or could have happened during the 1 month timeskip. Just because Arrancers were mentioned means nothing.

Also in the same chapter Kubo himself wrote a small note saying to reference the movie for information regarding the valley. Once again Author intent and evidence shows that the movie is canon. Even if the timeline is iffy no matter what Kubo has acknowledged that it's happened.

Even if it's no canon it counts toward any and all Composite battles with the verse so it should be looked at anyway.

That's literally just a reference, doesn't make the movie canon. The movie's ending never makes it clear that he remembers her.

Also Memories of Nobody is a movie based on the Bleach Anime not the manga. The anime which is non-canon and cancelled.

So all these claims of a single reference are null due to the fact that one page alone has more then one direct reference to two separate places, or people from that movie.

So if Ichigo didn't go to the valley for Senna, as he said it was for a girl that likes cute things(ribbon was a big deal in the movie) then who did he go for Matt?

Cause it's sounding like your the one using headcanon and ignoring evidence.

Who are you to ignore the fact that he references Senna. Just cause the timeline is iffy doesn't make it non-canon. The events. Still happened and we're acknowledged by the auther as well as a character that only appeared in the movie.

@Lord

There is one reference only my dude. It's all in one panel of a single page. You are like grabbing every single line said by Ichigo and acting like it isn't a reference.

And the hell should I know? There is no evidence that Senna even exists in the manga, much less that the entire movie happened exactly as shown. Nor any statement that confirms its canonicity, or of where it is placed. All that's happened here is Fan Theories and Headcanons being pushed as being 100% legit.

SnowFlame read the scan he is talking about how Riruka reminds him of Senna,because they both like cute things.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Until there is:

An official statement saying it is Canon it won't be considered. A concept from the movie being referenced in the manga doesn't make it canon. There being a place where it could fit doesn't make it canon either.

This isn't even up for debate. All that's being asked here is that Bleach be given special treatment.
^ I am normally against quoting walls of text, but I will do so here.

I agree with this. I'm siding with Matthew and the others in disagreement here.

And I certainly don't want another shitstorm here. I'll be keeping an eye. Slightest hint of trouble, and I will BDZ this thread.

im a tad confused matt.. you literally just kinda debunked yourself IMO... if the creator states hes using a ref to the movie how is that not canon? i just really need a good explaination i guess

So y'all are going to ignore the fact that Ichigo said he went to the Valley of Screams for a girl and Riri reminds him of her.

The end of the movie also directly shows Ichigo remembering Senna and her ribbon. We even watch a young Senna run past. Kubo wrote a note during chapter 627 to reference the movie for more info on the valley.

I'm just not understanding why you guys ignore what the author as placed and stated before you.

So answer me this. If Ichigo isn't referencing Senna to riri then what girl did

Frantzy12 said:
SnowFlame read the scan he is talking about how Riruka reminds him of Senna,because they both like cute things.

He doesn't reference Senna at all. He is talking about Riruka. He says that someone like her who only likes cute things would normally never box something uncute like the valley of Screams and that he is thankful that she did it for them so Ichigo and gang could travel to the royal palace.

Zezu1995 said:
im a tad confused matt.. you literally just kinda debunked yourself IMO... if the creator states hes using a ref to the movie how is that not canon? i just really need a good explaination i guess
I am honestly doubting how serious you are because it's hard to believe you could misinterpret my argument so completely.

Kubo said he used the movie to design a window in a panel. That's literally it.

The Blood Prison in Boruto is based on its design from the movie. That doesn't make it canon.

LordStarGazer said:
The end of the movie also directly shows Ichigo remembering Senna and her ribbon. We even watch a young Senna run past.
This is the biggest lie regarding the movie and you know it. The end of the movie doesn't say anything. He may remember. He may not. Ichigo's reaction is perfectly believable even if he doesn't know who she is. He sees a ribbon, grabs it, and gives it back to the cute girl who owns it who leaves laughing and smiling. You'd probably smile too if you were in this situation.

It's one of those things which does not have an official answer and you are left to speculate.

The difference between Blood Prison and MoN is that the main villain was already killed in a Joint op of Konoha before the time period of the movie (Shippiden)

Ichigo remembers going to the Valley of Screams, it's something that canonially happened to him, it was the same thing with Fairy Tail and The Zentopia and Ressurected Oracìon Seis arcs where Lucy references them.

@Hst

If you are speaking of the Fairy Tail movie I'm 99% sure that isn't considered canon either. Ichigo saying "Hey I went to the Valley of Screams" may have been written as a nod to the movie, but until there are official confirmation it can't be written as canon.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Lord

There is one reference only my dude. It's all in one panel of a single page. You are like grabbing every single line said by Ichigo and acting like it isn't a reference.

And the hell should I know? There is no evidence that Senna even exists in the manga, much less that the entire movie happened exactly as shown. Nor any statement that confirms its canonicity, or of where it is placed. All that's happened here is Fan Theories and Headcanons being pushed as being 100% legit.
So your saying Ichigo isn't referencing Senna? Why did he say he went to the Valley for a girl then?

What other girl could he be mentioning?

In the movie Senna loved that ribbon just like Ichigo described.

At the end of the chapter 627 Kubo wrote a OCC comment stating to use the movie as a reference for valley of Screams info.

So let's focus on ichig mentioning going to the valley for a girl. How would you debunk that?

That alone makes it canon above all else. I read your topic but noone mentions Ichigo's reference of a girl. And to the person saying Ichigo is actually referencing Riri....why would he refer going to the valley for Riri when she didn't even exist at that time. So your saying he referenced Riri to riri? Not to be rude...kinda silly(dumb)

@Lord

1. No ribbon is mentioned you are just making it up.

2. Hell if I know. You're the one asigning an answer to something with no one.

3. The comment is talking about the design of a window holy shit how many times must I bring that up.

It doesn't. There is no official statement regarding the movie being canon or not and all you have is a single reference.

He doesn't reference Senna at all. He is talking about Riruka. He says that someone like her who only likes cute things would normally never box something uncute like the valley of Screams and that he is thankful that she did it for them so Ichigo and gang could travel to the royal palace.

Yet he mentions that he went to the valley for a girl that Riri reminds him of. You can't ignore that when it's right there.

@Matt

I'm refering to the anime only arcs of Fairy Tail that weren't in the manga, yet were specifically remembered by the Characters

If it wasn't even remotely canon, he'd have been completely surprised and not have any knowledge about the events of the movie or that he's ever been to a Valley of Screams. At best a nod would be him saying that it sounds familiar, not properly rembering the events

Hst master said:
The difference between Blood Prison and MoN is that the main villain was already killed in a Joint op of Konoha before the time period of the movie (Shippiden)
Ichigo remembers going to the Valley of Screams, it's something that canonially happened to him, it was the same thing with Fairy Tail and The Zentopia and Ressurected Oracìon Seis arcs where Lucy references them.
that was in a Boruto when it was mentioned tho i believe or the Kakashi light novel which means that movie came before the LN by some years to be exact

@Matt

I'm refering to the anime only arcs of Fairy Tail that weren't in the manga, yet were specifically remembered by the Characters

If it wasn't even remotely canon, he'd have been completely surprised and not have any knowledge about the events of the movie or that he's ever been to a Valley of Screams. At best a nod would be him saying that it sounds familiar, not properly rembering the events

Matthew Schroeder said:
Until there is:
An official statement saying it is Canon it won't be considered. A concept from the movie being referenced in the manga doesn't make it canon. There being a place where it could fit doesn't make it canon either.

This isn't even up for debate. All that's being asked here is that Bleach be given special treatment.
Posting this again. Soldier Blue, Everlasting, etc have agreed to this.

A single reference doesn't make it canon. There being a place where it could fit doesn't make it canon. What would make it canon is Kubo saying "Yes, it is canon".

@Hst

Except Ichigo being aware that the Valley of Screams exists and saying he went there once does not prove the movie happened? The statement is far too vague.

TheC2 said:
I'm also going to disagree with this based on Matt's reasoning.
In addition, who's to say that Kubo didn't throw in the nod to MoN just to get more people to know about it without directly stating it?
It legit just sounds like promotion for the movie.

@Knight

You know what I mean. Promotion as in "Hey this movie exists check it out", and not "Go watch this movie on theaters!".

It's just a reference. Authors often reference their previous / past works in new ones for the sake of it. Game Companies put references to previous games in new ones. This sort of things. Even if they are unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back