• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach - accepting Memories of Nobody as canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ever and Matt

So lemme get this straight, Naruto, who has the exact situation

A movie written by the author of the manga, gets a pass on here, but not bleach?

I mean, what about the other extended canon material for other verses?

Magic the Gathering? Warhammer 40,000? Star Wars? SCP?

You cant just give Naruto and some of these verses a pass and ignore the others.

For the sake of consistency, I would like to know what makes these verses 'different'.

LordStarGazer said:
So are we ignoring that Ichigo also referenced Senna?
He didn't. He mentioned that the Valley of Screams is a thing. That's not a reference to anything. Even read my post?

Matthew Schroeder said:
IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Except it literally fits in the timeline, there's a time gap that it perfectly fits in. A point after Ichigo already met Rukia and seen her new powers and a point before all the new power-ups from the Arrancar Arc training.
It fits in the timeline, I don't understand how you think it doesn't.
This is just your headcanon, nice.
Absolutely nothing of the Arrancars is even referenced in this movie, it's like they're not even a thing. It has to be set before that arc begins.
But what you are saying is headcanon.

The movie doesn't mention Aizen either, guess this happened before he betrayed soul society.

KinkiestSins said:
@Ever and Matt

A movie written by the author of the manga, gets a pass on here, but not bleach?

You cant just give Naruto and some of these verses a pass and ignore the others.

For the sake of consistency, I would like to know what makes these verses 'different'.
Holy fallacy.

Naruto the Last and Boruto the Movie are stated to be canon.

Those verses are completely different beasts.

KinkiestSins said:
@Ever and Matt

You can't remotely compare this to any of those verses. Those are massive, collaborative verses with several dozen writers.

Bleach is just a manga written by one guy.

OneShotYourFave said:

The movie doesn't mention Aizen either, guess this happened before he betrayed soul society.
Holy False Equivalency Batman. It clearly is set after Soul Society due to the fact that Rukia isn't captured, but Ichigo is using Post Soul-Society Arc powers.

OneShotYourFave said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Except it literally fits in the timeline, there's a time gap that it perfectly fits in. A point after Ichigo already met Rukia and seen her new powers and a point before all the new power-ups from the Arrancar Arc training.
It fits in the timeline, I don't understand how you think it doesn't.
This is just your headcanon, nice.
Absolutely nothing of the Arrancars is even referenced in this movie, it's like they're not even a thing. It has to be set before that arc begins.
Incredibly big false equivalency, which should be obvious on why its false.

Matthew Schroeder said:
snip
Excuse me, dear sir, where was this stated?

I would like a source because I am stupid with the big 3, which the only one I follow religiously is One Piece.

Answering for MTG and Warhammer, which both verses have multiple authors, multiple books/comics, multiple renditions and extra material, are only very loosely monitored by the company who distributes the original game. IE: Wizards for MTG, Workshop for 40,000k.

I mean, if we are going to be as fair as possible, you cant argue canon for one and not canon for the other without a source.

Matthew Schroeder said:
OneShotYourFave said:

Holy False Equivalency Batman. It clearly is set after Soul Society due to the fact that Rukia isn't captured, but Ichigo is using Post Soul-Society Arc powers.
Yes I know obviously, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of your statement, the arrancars simply not being mentioned is not evidence that this occurs before the arrancars are introduced (this is what is known as headcanon)

Matthew Schroeder said:
And it's clearly before the Lupp invasion as there weren't any Arrancar Power-ups and after the Grimmjow invasion as Ichigo already saw Rukia. It's not headcanon. Those are canon descriptions.

He isn't even describing Senna. The movie never even says that Ichigo remembers anything, it's all ambiguous. And the movie doesn't fit the timeline nor is said to be canon either.

Are we also ignoring the fact that Kubo said to reference the movie for valley of Screams related info.

1)So we have Kubo aknowledging it by telling his fanbase to DIRECT REFERENCE THE MOVIE.

2)Ichigo stating he's been to the valley

3)Ichigo stated he went there for a GIRL who liked to keep cute thing(a la Senna's ribbon)

4) Kubo writing a novel about it.

5) rukias powers been apart of the MoN movie yet Ichigo not remembering it when seeing her in the Arrancer Arc, even though the movie suggests Ichigo has some memories lost from those events but clearly shows he remembers Senna to some degree.

So 5 different cases of references to the movie and yet people still claim it's non-canon because the timeline is hard to pinpoint, yet we have a 1 month gap in which this fits perfectly.

I think your all scared of the Senna feat preformed at the end because is massively boosts Bleach. That's the only argument you guys have at this point.

And yet Matt has only focused on say it was mentioned once when it has 5 different source backings.

but ya even if its only mentioned once.. how is that a reason to not count it? once or not its still mentioned

@Kinkiest

I can give you sources later somewhere else but Kishimoto said it in interviews.

@Star

It was only mentioned in literally one panel, you are trying to turn one thing into five.

The only person poisoning the well is you, UMR. First with the unecessary post above now with this.

It's pretty easy to deduce that three people with almost identical post patterns and no avatars who randomly appear to act one night for the same purpose are socks.

mentions from a " non canon movie , with a novel." in the canon material? i say thats something to think about dont u agree?

The Movie and Novel do take place post Arrancar Invasion

-Toshiro's Squad of Vice Captains is present

-Its during the one month of respite between Grimmjow's Fractiones amd Hueco Mundo

-No power ups such as Hollowfication is present.

>And the movie doesn't fit the timeline

You repeat this point a lot, but it won't make it right. There is literally an exact point in the timeline it fits, the only spot it could fit given the powers of the movie and Ichigo having met Rukia already.

The movie isn't canon. Nobody has provided a source. A single mention doesn't make it canon. Blood Prison isn't canon because the place was put in the Canon Boruto later. Same with this.

The novelization is just there to sell the movie. It isn't proof of canonicity.

.There is literally an exact point in the timeline it fits
And you insisting it has to be set there isn't an argument. Where is your evidence that the movie is supposed to be canon and set there?

I repeat that saying "It can fit in the timeline" is not an argument. Bojack Unbound can fit in the timeline post-Cell Games, doesn't make the movie canon.

I would just like to point out that novel of adaptations of things will have the name of the Author of the source material on it even if they didn't have any thing to do with the novel itself and Amazon still list them has the author. This is the case with the non canon Naruto novels and Amazon lists Kishimoto as an author even though he clearly had nothing to do with them. like this or this.

Can someone find another source other than amazon that states kubo was a writter for the novel? Looking on amazon at the first three part one naruto movies, there are ani-mangas stated to be written by kishimoto.

Every single Naruto game will credit Masashi Kishimoto just because he is the original author and owns the rights to Naruto. Doesn't make them canon.

So far we know:

It perfectly fits in the canon timeline given the 1 month time gap, Ichigo already met Rukia and no Arrancar power-ups present.

Ichigo mentions having been there.

Kubo says he used the movie.

That sounds more than enough. I don't think we need to even use the novelization that Kubo was the author of, it's just extra.

What we really know is:

There is a headcanon that it should take place in a time skip because it fits.

Ichigo's mention which doesn't prove the whole movie happened.

Kubo saying that you should check the movie at the end of a chapter doesn't mean it's canon either. It's just promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back