• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Between Shinso/Kamishini no yari(Bleach) ,Excalibur(Fate) and Ea(Fate/stay night) which is more cool and which is better AESTHETIC wise?

I find Ea unique in that it's not really a direct attack, but more of the application of the concept of genesis, as what was done to Riders' reality marble.

Excalibur is elegant, awe-inspiring and holy.

Ea is just destruction, overwhelming power and helplessness.

Shinso is hidden, betrayal-like and very swift.

The unique one? Probably Ea. What I'd choose? Excalibur all day everyday.

Gil is a pretty awesome character, but you can't deny the aura of grandeur that Excalibur emanates. Even the King of Heroes himself was entranced by the sword and it's wielder's splendor.

Uh yeah, okay. The only thing I find entrancing about Excalibur is chanting 'Ekusukarib─ü'. Each one to their own, I guess.

Gil's Enuma Elish activation quote from Fate/Extra CCC:

I speak of genesis. The elements amalgamate, coalesce, and bring forth the stars that weave all of creation. Return everything to the Origin! Enuma! Elish!
Saber's in Fate/Grand Order

Sheathed in the breath of stars. A torrent of shining life. Hail! The Sword of Promised Victory!! Excusu-calibaaaaaaaaaa!
Ea is so old that it predates the concept of the first sword and is said to be the crystallization of the event that wrought genesis upon the world.

Meanwhile, Excalibur is glory encapsulated in a weapon, a Holy Sword so simple yet so entrancing that every hero from across all of time and space recognizes it with a glance. It is not extravagantly made, but is so wonderful that calling it beautiful would simply stain its splendor.

Kamishini no Yari is cool, but it doesn't have the grandeur of either of these weapons.

I also might as well include Male Saber's opening chant as well:

Arthur:

Right, it's time to end this! Thirteen Seals, decision start!
Merlin:

Approved. Bedivere, Gareth, Lancelot, Mordred, Galahad.
Arthur:

This is a battle to save the world!
Merlin:

Arthur!
Arthur:

Excusu-calibaaaaaaaaaaa!

@Burning

We don't scale up since fighting the Beasts (with the exception of major top tiers like Gil, Enkidu, Grand Servants, and Pseudo-Servant Divine Spirits) would be a huge outlier for these guys.

And for the record, virtually every Servant in the series has appeared in Fate/Grand Order in some shape or form, but only a handful have major story relevance outside of certain events.

Reppuzan said:
And for the record, virtually every Servant in the series has appeared in Fate/Grand Order in some shape or form, but only a handful have major story relevance outside of certain events.
Salt over the lack of Saber Diarmuid.

Oh, okay. Goodbye to 5-A C├║ then. >.>

Though, what about their durability? Because I noticed Archer has Large Planet level durability now.

@Burning

That's only his Fate/Extra CCC incarnation for fighting Kiara Sessyoi, who grew large enough to dwarf Earth.

Why his AP doesn't match is beyond me.

@Gemmy

I feel ya. I really wanted to see what Moralltach and Beagalltach did as Noble Phantasms (since I named the weapon of one of my OCs off the latter).

Fate swords are too gaudy for my taste (except Assassin's (FSN) Nodachi). So I'll take a contrarian view and choose Shinso. An unassuming weapon with a deadly secret. And Gin is the one character in Bleach who demonstrates exactly how OP they could have been if they simply lied about and hid the abilities of their swords.

Back