• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Bleach) reiatsu crush gg no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in bleach currently, Reiatsu crush seems to affect the physical body as well as the soul. However, that is a mistaken stance.

1. It is a matter of soul manipulation, not raw power.

In Bleach, there is scene involving Tatsuki. It is important to note that Tatsuki is considered a literal non-combatant fodder and holds a lower-than-low tier status. However, in this scene, Tatsuki showcased an impressive feat of resistance against having her soul extracted by a relevant villain: Yammy, who is astronomically more powerful than Tatsuki. In fact, the power gap between the two characters is even greater than Yhwach and Ichibei during the first half of their fight.

Therange of power in the world of Bleach is astronomically vast, but the characters who are actually relevant possess a basic level of resistance to soul manipulation. This is necessary to prevent them from being soul crushed by characters who are vastly more powerful than them.

2. It has only been shown affecting souls, we have no way of quantifying how it affects phsyical beings.
It is worth noting that in Bleach, most battles is a Soul vs. Soul confrontation, or in rare cases, a physical body vs physical body match. This means you have no way of quantify how something like soul crush works on physical beings.

"but the soul is linked to everything in bleach. "
That proves my point even more. If you have no way to quantify if its affecting the soul or the physical body, is it really a pure physical ap attack? Doesnt help the only example of reiatsu crush in the wol is with tatsuki.

Where in the earth does this imply physical damage?

Does this change anything verse wise? Probably not?
But characters with layered soul manipulation resistor potency exceeding the rc should be able to resist it.

Last edited:
7908055-7855545-0418-017%281%29.jpg

Please Kuroi, bring me a Wall of text that will take me many days to read
I unironically beg of you lmfao

I’ll respond later, I do believe this thread is founded upon misunderstanding from a quick glance; however, at the same time I know Deceived (and to a lesser extent myself) plan to address this in detail down the line when we do the soul manip layers and whatnot. So, if I don’t get back to this thread in time, don’t worry about holding it up for little old me. But I guess to ask a clarifying question based on the final remarks of the OP: is the OP saying that having soul layers beyond RC enable you to resist it? Because that’s already true lol. Like say Zaraki had like 3 layers of soul manip for his RC, and his opponent has 4 layers of soul manip resistance, they’d resist Zaraki’s soul manip. <- if that’s all the OP is trying to get across then yes that’s already true.

I’ll respond later, I do believe this thread is founded upon misunderstanding from a quick glance; however, at the same time I know Deceived (and to a lesser extent myself) plan to address this in detail down the line when we do the soul manip layers and whatnot. So, if I don’t get back to this thread in time, don’t worry about holding it up for little old me. But I guess to ask a clarifying question based on the final remarks of the OP: is the OP saying that having soul layers beyond RC enable you to resist it? Because that’s already true lol. Like say Zaraki had like 3 layers of soul manip for his RC, and his opponent has 4 layers of soul manip resistance, they’d resist Zaraki’s soul manip. <- if that’s all the OP is trying to get across then yes that’s already true.
He's asking where has reiatsu affected other things than souls

karakura town was placed in the soul society for the arc. 💀
And they fought in Fake Karakura. Which is in the World of the Living.

The real Karakura town was placed in the Soul Society, then in the World of the Living they fought in Fake Karakura town.

Don't act smug by using emojis whenever your wrong blud. Aizen was literally vaping people's bodies in Fake Karakura, on humans not Shinigami.

But I guess to ask a clarifying question based on the final remarks of the OP: is the OP saying that having soul layers beyond RC enable you to resist it? Because that’s already true lol. Like say Zaraki had like 3 layers of soul manip for his RC, and his opponent has 4 layers of soul manip resistance, they’d resist Zaraki’s soul manip. <- if that’s all the OP is trying to get across then yes that’s already true.
layered resistance and potency.
souls and things made of reishi.

And they fought in Fake Karakura. Which is in the World of the Living.

The real Karakura town was placed in the Soul Society, then in the World of the Living they fought in Fake Karakura town.

Don't act smug by using emojis whenever your wrong blud.
When the guy evaporated he was in the real one, in the soul society. There were no citizens in the fake karakura

First, none of the justifications he linked imply it works on things without souls. And everything in Bleach has a soul, even the matter of the physical world as per Ginjo’s explanation.
layered resistance and potency.
Not at all answering my question, this is merely a sentence fragment. So, allow me to repeat myself. Is the OP asking if layered soul manip resistance can resist layered RC? Cuz the answer to that is yes.

Not at all answering my question, this is merely a sentence fragment. So, allow me to repeat myself. Is the OP asking if layered soul manip resistance can resist layered RC? Cuz the answer to that is yes.
Thats basically what im asking. i've been told rc works on characters whos soul manip resistance is well beyond the bleach verses paygrade, because their physicals are too weak.

First, none of the justifications he linked imply it works on things without souls. And everything in Bleach has a soul, even the matter of the physical world as per Ginjo’s explanation.
Indeed. He's postulating that reiatsu has no tangible effect on physical matter, thus shouldn't be taken to affect it by default.

This came because of a thread where Yhwach stomped a nasu character because of the physical effects of reiatsu, despite them being able to tank the "soul manip" part, as souls in Nasu are 4-D

Thats basically what im asking. i've been told rc works on characters whos soul manip resistance is well beyond the bleach verses paygrade, because their physicals are too weak.
No that’s not a thing. If your soul manip resistance layers are beyond the Bleach characters RC layers then you resist it.

Indeed. He's postulating that reiatsu has no tangible effect on physical matter, thus shouldn't be taken to affect it by default.

This came because of a thread where Yhwach stomped a nasu character because of the physical effects of reiatsu, despite them being able to tank the "soul manip" part, as souls in Nasu are 4-D
He’s blatantly wrong there, but it seems his OP was founded upon misinformation anyway.

Arc he's asking if RC has a physical effect. Like you know how RC isn't just 100% soul manipulation, usually involving other abilities such as Paralysis Inducement, fear hax, etc.

The argument is that the OP thinks RC can't effect physical bodies. For example 4-A Yhwach is fighting someone with 6-C durability but higher resistance to soul manipulation. Now that covers the soul manipulation aspect, but what that doesn't cover is that RC still produces physical force (It's 4-A energy that he needs to expell passively.) Reiatsu is dense enough to have a physical effect around them so the 6-C characters body would be vaporized by exposure.

To clarify, if you are resisting the SOUL MANIPULATION of a Bleach character’s RC via superior SOUL MANIPULATION RESISTANCE layers, then yes you’d resist the SOUL MANIPULATION. That’s just a universal rule with how layers and resistance works. But that is just enabling you to resist the SOUL MANIPULATION. For other hax you need resistance for those specific hax. Resistance to SOUL MANIPULATION would not grant you resistance to say PARALYSIS INDUCEMENT.

and to a lesser extent myself) plan to address this in detail down the line
quackity-qsmp.gif

yes-m-bison.gif

I’ll respond later
denji-and-power-dancing.gif

gal-dan%C3%A7ando-dance.gif

(A bit of context: when I was getting off of my first job, I saw the 8802 words document video of Seth and then readed the entire discussion, so reading long texts about how this guy sees bleachverse scaling is a proto-hobby of mine)

No you literally haven't. You are intentionally twisting up words here to suit your narrative.

Me and Deceived both told you very specifically, you can resist the soul manipulation aspect but that doesn't stop you from surviving 4-A force if you only have 6-C durability.

This was explained to you numerous times yet you refuse to comprehend this. Your argument is the equivalent of me saying Ichigo's Getsuga is intangible and has no physical effect because everything in the verse is soul based.

Do you understand how preposterous that is?

Since I'm here I would like to ask for my character. How would beings without soul interact with this? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't affect him. Just want to make sure.

To clarify, if you are resisting the SOUL MANIPULATION of a Bleach character’s RC via superior SOUL MANIPULATION RESISTANCE layers, then yes you’d resist the SOUL MANIPULATION. That’s just a universal rule with how layers and resistance works. But that is just enabling you to resist the SOUL MANIPULATION. For other hax you need resistance for those specific hax. Resistance to SOUL MANIPULATION would not grant you resistance to say PARALYSIS INDUCEMENT.
Try to calm down, brother

Does it not paralyze via soul manipulation?

No you literally haven't. You are intentionally twisting up words here to suit your narrative.
Maybe I'm kinda to Blade when I said yhwach hax would still work on guys with soul manip res. but i clearly meant that other powers from reiatsu crush would work, not the soul one

We quite literally see in the TYBW anime that Ichigo’s Getsuga Tenshou has affects on the physical world when it explodes. Hollows are able to burst through physical walls as early as chapter 1.
Im not talking about normal attacks, im talking about rc not having a known effect on physical objects.

Reiatsu is a form of pressure. The soul manip part is the soul itself unable to withstand the pressure.

To resist the paralysis, you would need to resist the pressure itself. This was also explained to you in the versus thread, funnily enough.
So not having pressure at least in a normal way renders it meaningless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back