• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Villains for Every Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultima Reality said:
I'm surprised Freeza isn't occupying any of the spots right now.

fix that immediately
I've been suggesting Frieza for the longest time ;_;

Ohohohoho! Intensifies.

Sera EX said:
Ultima Reality said:
I'm surprised Freeza isn't occupying any of the spots right now.

fix that immediately
I've been suggesting Frieza for the longest time ;_;

Ohohohoho! Intensifies.
I concur with Ultima and Sera.

Frieza is too iconic, too charismatic, and too entertaining to not have a place on this list.

King just isn't updating the list.

Frieza prob wins 3-A, and personally I'd put him over Dark Samus for Low 4-C, but I prefer Ahriman in High 5-A.

Frieza is just another arrogant being who looks down on people who clap him for breakfast

3-A should go to Zanza

Wokistan said:
King just isn't updating the list.
Frieza prob wins 3-A, and personally I'd put him over Dark Samus for Low 4-C, but I prefer Ahriman in High 5-A.
Frieza is most notable in his Final Form anyway, so I don't think he would take High 5-A.

Konaguna said:
Frieza is just another arrogant being who looks down on people who clap him for breakfast

3-A should go to Zanza
I strongly disagree. Using that logic Darkseid is just a typical evil god. Frieza isn't just "lul evul". He also has a reason for his arrogance and is quite literally a racist. He is just an alien science fantasy superpowered version of a genocidal maniac, but he also has the charisma that makes you like him as a villain despite him being a disgusting piece of garbage from a realistic perspective.

@Gyro

Black and Zamasu don't even compare, Black was cool but he was just Zamasu in Goku's body and thus Goku's traits sort of influenced him, but what was Zamasu? A generic "I am a God, you are a filthy mortal" cliche. He would have fit better in Saint Seiya.

Guess I might end up having to write that paragraph about Frieza after all...

I'd also suggest Great Lord Gwy for 4-C.

Just as a brief thing since I have to go to work soon...

Gwyn was originally the protagonist of the Dark Souls universe. He was the one that gathered to him the armies of the gods and man alike to battle the Everlasting Dragons, immortal creatures that enacted their regime on the world. Doing this brought in the golden age of the Gods, the Age of Fire.

However, Gwyn began to divert from the proper course of history by cursing the entirety of mankind and stalling the coming of the Age of Dark. He cursed even his soldiers and his allies to the point where his own children doubted his ways (The Nameless King leaving off to join the remaining Everlasting Dragons) and his generals (Havel planning to assassinate Gwyn). Gwyn's dynasty was falling apart and he refused to let go and instead sacrificed his soul to the Kiln of the First Flame to ensure his age would continue.

His perfect world began crumbling from the foundations, as the Undead Curse rose more and more former humans to live wretchedly until the curse was lifted. This curse also brought with it the maddening Hollow, something which would cause the immortal undead to go insane if they lost purpose. This was the greatest wound Gwyn inflicted on humanity- ensuring that not only would they never die, but that they would suffer forever.

His actions led invariably to the entire tragic course of events of the Dark Souls universe- including the destruction of kingdom after kingdom at the hands of the Abyss (as well as the Watchers who hunted such darkness), the slaughter of Gwyn's family (most notably Gwyndolin, who was devoured by a future Lord of Cinder who sought to force the Age of Fire to continue).

Gwyn's actions led to the eventual death of all of his allies and loved ones to some degree. His knights were slowly but surely lost to death and madness (save for Ornstein, whose fate is unknown). Artorias fell to the Dark Gwyn fought to stave off, Gough was locked away, and Ciaran never returned from her side by Artorias. Smough died defending the cathedral from those Gwyn opposed, and now Gwyn's armies wander aimlessly, long after his regime, guarding someone who isn't there.

Also he's got a daughter he disowned so that's pretty neat.

TL;DR Gwyn is a bad guy with a purpose that fits him very, very well. Speaking as a person who prefers Bloodborne (which also has 4-C top tiers), Gwyn's story is a lot more compelling than any other character in the series.

@Sera

Don't know Darkseid rip. He's the same as every other shonem villian.

"I can't/won't be beaten by the likes of you"

"That's Impossible, how could..."

"[insert generic repetitive insult]"

Villains like this come off as tryhards, trolls like Aizen or Hazama come off as much better villains. That's why Zanza needs a spot, because creating an entire population just so you can eat it is not evil at all.

Huesito88 said:
"Give my boi bird penis head his deserved spot"

Who's that Konaguna?
What? I literally quoted the comment, it was a nicnake for Griffith

You dare deny his head doesn't look like a dick?

Darkseid is a villain from DC, he's one of Superman and the Justice League's greatest enemies.

I don't know comic very well but like 90% of the characters there have underpants as their costume which makes them look very silly

╠ÂS╠Âo╠Â,╠ ╠Ân╠Âo╠ ╠ÂD╠ÂI╠ÂO╠ ╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠ÂK╠Âi╠Âr╠Âa╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Ây╠ ╠Â8╠Â-╠ÂC╠Â?╠Â

Yeah, the superheroes, not the villains. Darkseid never wore his underpants on the outside, and his design, especially his newer ones, are some of the most intimidating appearances in comics.

Lavos is a good choice for 5-A. Has a really interesting, mysterious and vague backstory that's filled with existential dread.

Edit: And don't be dissin' my underpants wearing superheroes. That said, Principal Krupp for 5-A?

Drakkon IMO is a close second tho. Lavos had a really nice explanation done for him analysis wise a while back tho.

Maybe my next gigantic post here can be Bolas.

I wouldn't say this guy is the best villain for 7-C but I think he's a decent choice if one isn't found.

Beiloune was originally a cool guy who just wanted to make his and his daughters life free of any bordom. He gave her eternal life and protection from death, created an entire world and a story for her to have an amazing adventure but one day (without an explanation) his daughter just vanised while playing in the world he created. He tried everything in his power to find her but he couldn't (because she somehow became Nonexistent), so he decided to create a replica of his daughter which was a life size doll version and gave it life.

For a time everything was ok but without explanation, the doll just continued to act differently, this is due to it being a "Deviant" which made it resistent to his powers. More and more "Deviants" started appearing and finally the main protagonist Ari, finally pushed Beiloune over the edge due to his messing with his world. He steals the life he gave to the doll and basically goes on a war path against the party.

However due to Ari being a "Deviant" he ended up losing. The sad part is when the protagonists let him live, he didn't attack them or retreat and try again... He literally gave up and didn't care about eternal life, his world or revenge. He just left to go find his daughter, the only thing he realized he actually cared about, he no longer has eternal life and can now die and he doesn't care. He's lost his mind after everything and we don't know what became of him. His daughter however was watching everything through her replica's eyes and when all his "classification" effects wore off, she went and found Ari due to her having the same feelings as the doll and they got together.

While his character isn't the perfect bad guy. I think he's cool due to having the whole "starting out good and slowly losing his way" and the fact that he understands this but doesn't gain peace and it's left up to the use to guess what became of him it adds more to his character.

Again he isn't perfect but I think he's a good villain all in all, some stuff could be better explained but he's still a good character in my opinion, he's definitely worth mentioning. He may only appear near the end of the game but before his reveal they due talk about him as a being that is feared by even the most evil of beings and it's revealed he's pulling the strings and when he does appear you get a good character and not some played out avarage everyday bad guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back