• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most well written characters for every tier: List Edition

Then came Lucius,

0331-015.png

whose goal was to annihilate humanity, rebuild it, and rule over it. The only obstacle in his path was Asta.

0332-019.png

0333-009.png
0333-010.png
0333-011.png

So, he struck down Asta right before her eyes.

Once the rest of the Black Bulls learned of this, they refused to believe Asta was dead. They set out to find him, as he was the only hope to stop Lucius. They found Asta in a distant land. It turned out that the person Lucius tasked with killing Asta had sent him far away instead of erasing him without Lucius's knowledge. To bring Asta back, a ritual had to be performed to open a portal, (2)

but Lucius had anticipated this. He sent a Paladin, a formidable foe even among his peers, to eliminate any chance of Asta's survival. The Black Bulls were prepared to fight to the death. Vanessa, who could change fate, was occupied with the ritual. The Bulls depended on Grey and Gauche to keep them alive as they were repeatedly struck down by the enemy's sword. However, the enemy targeted those who were keeping the Bulls alive, and soon, everyone was down. But Secre didn't give up. She sealed the wounds of all her teammates before they could succumb. The Black Bulls were not finished.

FL90aIZ.jpg

Jqi4GHs.jpg

D9osUE7.jpg

ZKcowQO.jpg

jQhFj7t.jpg

vz4vx2O.jpg

8PQTF5k.jpg

iz3w6sL.jpg
e054MQM.jpg

zwIXQBZ.jpg

ZiJWsC4.jpg

8wZ2trH.jpg

UGDvirS.jpg

qhXtuCg.jpg

my friend, make those images smaller...like a lot smaller

TV Series Rick Grimes. His character is great, and I don’t even think I need to explain why, he’s just that great.

Arnold, for the love of all that is holy, put these under collapsible spoiler boxes so you don’t clog up the thread. This is pretty annoying

Reasonings are linked to OP so it’s impossible for the thread to be clogged 🙃

The best I’ll do is collapse the pics.

Point being, there's no reason to be needlessly stubborn on something that multiple people are evidently annoyed with. Like, what's the issue with making everyone's lives easier?

How the **** am I stubborn?

• The reasonings are linked in the OP so the thread is clearly navigable. It can not be clogged up. It’s as simple as that.
  • I have told you that I will collapse the pictures since they take up the most space.
How clear do I have to be.

How the **** am I stubborn?

• The reasonings are linked in the OP so the thread is clearly navigable. It can not be clogged up. It’s as simple as that.
  • I have told you that I will collapse the pictures since they take up the most space.
How clear do I have to be.
Admittedly didn't notice the second point, genuinely thought you were being super adamant on not putting a collapsible spoiler box on anything

Should be fine if the pictures are collapsed then since they take up most of the space. Ideally, I'd like each post in their entirety to be in a collapsible spoiler box like mine, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose

You shouldn’t put your texts in collapsible boxes. Especially If your stuff isn’t as super long as mine.

Cuz the OP links the reasonings to the posts. So unless people want to talk about shit other than the purpose of the thread then they’ll be the ones suffering from scrolling past walls of texts to do so. Rather than clicking on the link to a character’s reasonings, read it, vote on it, repeat/end or write their own picked character’s reasoning.

People will still have discussions in this post, so it's indeed going to be inconvenient regardless.

The links for the post are primarily going to be for people who just want to see the justifications.

Well yeah, this thread can't really function without at least some degree of discussions, since we are discussing things about characters being put in the tier list.

Though instead we're discussing posts that are clogging the thread.

It is what it is.

I’ve collapsed most of the scans… the rest I left for engagement and will reduce their size once I get on PC.

Who are some good characters in tier 4? I’d nominate Aizen.
Not posting an analysis cause I don’t have time for that, but Aizen is a fascinating character with a complex worldview rooted in existentialism and strong characterization as someone who constantly attempts to break barriers. His different dynamics, dialogues, and character interactions add layers of complexity and depth to him like his ending monologue about fear and death, or his whole thing about the logic of a loser, or even the different contradictions to his actions and decisions.

Has anyone mentioned Nagito Komaeda from Danganronpa yet for 9-A? If not then he should be 100% on there.

To make it short, he has a complex character of being a big supporter of hope, the good side in the verse, but does this by creating strong despair that hope can break. Essentially, Despair is the evil force in the verse, and Komaeda himself hates despair, so he spites it by creating a lot of it so even an stronger hope that a symbol of hope an form breaks that despair. He's basically an very interesting contrast to Makoto Naegi, the protagonist of the first game, who was the main supporter of hope. Hell, Nagito Komaeda is an anagram for "Makoto Naegi Da", which can be translated to "I am Makoto Naegi"

Nagito is the more psychotic version of Naegi, having very similar loves for hope, with Komaeda having an obsession of hope, and is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure hope always prevails. He doesn't mind killing himself and all his other friends for hope to prevail. For example, when he finds out that he and his friends are the ultimate despair except Chiaki, who is a computer program made to keep watch of the simulation they were in. Komaeda makes a complicated plan to nearly kill himself, so the traitor can deal the final blow without knowing they committed it, which getting the culprit wrong results in everyone BUT the culprit getting killed, which is what Nagito was depending on.

How did the traitor get the final blow may you ask? See, Nagito himself is known as the "Ultimate Lucky Student". Komaeda has insane luck, being able to do nearly impossible things, and is under a luck cycle, which revolves around him getting bad luck, which then goes into good luck, which is basically what his life is. Check the Nagito luck blog for more info on his luck. He put a poisoned can within multiple other poisoned cans, and with his luck, the person he wanted to kill him would kill him, in this case that would be Chiaki. They would've never found this out if Nagito hadn't spilled out his plan in chucks before committing the murder.

There's more, but this is good enough imo. Nagito is rated Small Building on the wiki, so he would be on the 9-A list, and I prefer him over the 3 characters there so he should be 2nd tbh tbh... (Troll)

Last edited:
Back