• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Villains for Every Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syndrome from the Incredibles for 7-C:

• Motivatio: Probably one of the most complex character motives for an animated movie, Syndromes motives are to basically give everyone superpowers so that no one would need superheroes. Now that makes him sound like a awesome dude, but as we see, he's truly motivated to undermine Mr. Incredible blindly, and ignores everything wrong about everyone being super powerful by buying his stuff.
  • Presence: He doesn't appear until the second half as a villain tbh, and isn't the climax fight, but whenever he's onscreen he becomes the most important character on it. Hell, every single thing that happens in this movie is because of him and everything about him, from his minions and to his lair, give off his vibe of grandeur, arrogance and poshness associated with his character.
  • Threat Level: I mean, if killing your opponents family in front of him and then taunting his inability to kill isn't threatening then idk what is. He is a danger to every single family member, and a damn intimidating one at that, killing off almost every single superhero in a disturbing scene without him in it. He's scary when he's not even there
  • Personality: Syndrome is supposed to reflect those insane fans that live and breathe their idols, and when they don't live upto the fan's expectation, he goes for a tirade against them. He also has other underlying themes as well. He's trying to sell his super gear for a profit to the general public, hell everything he does has multiple motives behind it in the series.
  • Entertainment Factor: I mean, he gave us some damn memorable lines and was a suprisingly decent comedy villain as well. But his scenes are like, the best scenes of the Incredibles IMO

I mean...

From the prespective of Griffith the real villain is Guts for abaddoning him. We can all admit if he didn't leave then Griffith wouldn't have gone insane and done all that stuff.

Guts is the true villain for leaving.

Griffith can't be a villain he has mental issues. He doesn't know what he's doing. Insane.

Having mental issues doesn't exactly excuse you from whatever crimes you did, especially not the ones Griffith did. Not unless the "mental issue" in question was mind control if you want my opinion. Really, almost no excuse can justify Griffith or anyone who does something that bad. You'd need something good. And I mean really good. Getting tortured and abandoned is sadly, not. Some boundaries you can't cross.

I mean...if I went insane and did crazy things not of my accord and that insanity was caused by the selfishness of another then the real villain would the the causer.

You'd still the one doing the actions, though. Someone may have pushed you in that direction, but it still be of your own accord.

Not saying Guts is innocent (haven't read Berserk so idk if he knew the consequences of what was going to happen), but its Griffith's fault that he did bad things afterwards.

EmperorRorepme said:
I mean...if I went insane and did crazy things not of my accord and that insanity was caused by the selfishness of another then the real villain would the the causer.
If you went insane, and did some crazy ******-up shit I'd expect you to be punished for it. If someone else helped drive you there, then they can get punished too, depending on how involved they were. I'm sorry, but Griffith is just not justified in his actions from my view. Insanity does not exempt you from Moral Event Horizo.

>makes a "Best Villains" thread

>people turn it into "who is and isn't a villain?"

How about we don't? Seriously.

Oh, I should explain The Guide Mark II

• Motivations: Not too impressive, it just wants to troll everyone
  • Presence: He doesen't appear until the last two books, but when he does, it's present throughout the whole story and it's implied 90% of shenanigans in the series as the thing's fault
  • Threat Level: I mean, the thing could kill everyone if it wants to, it just prefers to **** around
  • Personality: The Guide Mark II strikes me as a bill cipher like character. However, what is best is that The Guide Mark II knows it has already won, and merely toys with everyone as a result. The only problem is that it rarely directly speaks.
  • Entertainment Factor: Being the source of all supernatural fuckery in the series as well as a good character on it's own, the guide mark II is hilarious to listen to

I will nominate Ozymandias for 9-B. Typing massive things on a phone is annoying, so I'll just stick to King's format for now.

• Motivations: He does the thing he does to avert what he sees as the looming threat of global nuclear war (He isn't wrong about this, judging by the alternate timelines Doctor Manhatta saw), but even in the end of the comic when his plan actually comes to fruition, he's not sure of he did the right thing. It's quite a departure from how he was for most of the story, all stoic and constantly calm and composed.
  • Presence: Not him personally, but his actions definitely are. He takes a lot of steps to not let people suspect he's doing anything, including making his plan unnecessarily complicated just to throw off Rorschach, killing his best aide because she knew a lot about what he was planning due to him telling her, getting rich as **** via stock market stuff to have the resources for his plan, getting Rorschach framed for murder, and more. In public, he is Adrian Veidt, an extremely wealthy man and "The Smartest Man Alive". I guess it can be best classified as he deliberately took steps to keep his villany from being tied to him, but said villanous acts are still very impactful and important. Veidt in general is an important guy, though almost nobody knows of what he's really doing.
  • Threat Level: In a world where nobody has powers (excluding Doctor Manhatta, who is appropriately feared as a god), Veidt is a 9-B "peak human" who can do shit like dodge bullets and fodderize people like The Comedian. He derived a bunch of tech from Dr Manhattan and tricked him into leaving the planet, while somehow blocking out his nigh omniscience. In the end, his threat level ends up so high that not only does he outright win, but he had won before the "heroes" even showed up. A great quote of his is "What do you think I am, a Republic Serial villain? Do you really think I would tell you my plan if there was any chance of you stopping it? I did it thirty five minutes ago". What was this plan? Nuke Manhattan using an abomination created from Dr Manhattan's characteristics.
  • Personality: This is something better for me to just type on a computer.
  • Enjoyment: uhh
I enjoy

But seriously, he to me is one of the best things about the comic. I love how he is able to do so much off the base traits of intelligence and a huge amount of self discipline and drive.

Hadn't thought of it but yeah, Ozymandias is legit one of the better villains I've ever seen, and almost certainly the best comic villain. Guy is compelling and has that whole "yeah what he's doing sucks, but you see the point in why he's doing it and it could be described as good from a certain point of view", much like Doctor Doom has according to Marvel.

In his mind, he's killing millions to save billions, but even when his plan succeeds he's conflicted about it, ending thr story asking Doctor Manhattan if he did the right thing or not.

Someone ask Nyar for why is he a villian, and this is my attempt as an answer I guess?

Nyarlathotep, I think, is probably the best 1-A villian (in his opinion I guess), is because he represented one of Lovecraft's, the man who think immigrant are going to kill us all, and poor people are a menace, greatest's fear: The fear that someone among us, could be plotting against us and for our demise. His ability to shapeshift, though seemingly simple compare to the like of other 1-A, is itself very devious, considering his nature.

It mean that he could become anyone, anything, any creatures at will, each with different tools specifically designed to torment us.

He could be a simple lover of your, who you know for decades and have stay with you even through hard times, who turn out to be the one subtly guiding you to the bottom without your notice, and cause all that hard time. And you wouldn't even be able realize it, until it's way too late, and his smile carved into your very souls as your deathbed.

He could be a sudden tiger, who come out and bites off your leg, leaving you cripple, and your wound eternally infected, leaving you in pain and suffer, for the last 10 remaining years of your life.

He could be a king, from long ago, who rule everything with a tyrant iron fist, dictate each and every single aspect of your life to an eternal misery, with each and every single rebellion all thwarted by seemingly coincidental "accidents", that will never be traced back to him, leaving dread upon his citizen and subjects as an malevolent devil.

Each and every bad luck of your life, each and every pain, each and every misery, and hardship, and suffering, and cruelty you have experience on your life...

Would it all be his work, and you could blame all of it on him?

Or would it be all just a simple coincidents? A simple fact that life is just that cruel, or that it's all your fault?

Does he truly is the started of all evil in the world, secretly manipulate everything so that we faced all of this?

Or is he simply marvel at the state of the so-called "Human's Condition", and just in the greatest of delight, to add a little more to our collective misery? To drive us all down in complete insanity?

Whatever the answer, he smiled.

For he's the fear of "someone among us"...

For he's the "evil" within humanity itself...

For he's the hidden, malevolent force of the universe all too vast, it crush all of us all.

(at least that's what I think anyway)

Well my Flowey essay is actually coming up well, which was unexpected for me. I'll post it tomorrow or later depending on how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back