• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Villains for Every Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another villain I would suggest is Flowey for the 2-C spot.

He falls into a class of villains I really seem to like, that being villains who are fundamentally twisted in a way that they can't be like normal human beings but still have developed enough personalities that they don't feel they are just evil for no reason.

I like how he was written and implemented in the game overall and while I would like to go more indepth on why he worked so well, I may only be able to do that later. Just can't find all the right words at this instant

TriforcePower1 said:
I wrote a wall of text for Kira but glitchy wiki deleted everything. I hate you, Fandom
Why everytime i write a long post. I ctrl+c it before publishing.

Kira should be best villain for 8-C

SPOILERS FOR JOJO PART 4

Kira is a salaryman that lives in the small town of Morioh. His goal is living a quiet, plant-like life. Which is a quite relatable goal, at difference of things like "I want to rule the world" or "I want to kill random people". Then what makes him a villain? Something extremely small as killing women in order to steal their hands because he has a hand fetish. While that contradicts him wanting a peaceful life, it makes him more relatable that he sometimes contradicts his goals. Just think of doctors that smoke, for example. But in Kira's mind, his killings don't contradict him wanting to live a quiet life. Kira wants to pursue happiness while living his quiet life, and asseconding his fetish is a big part in ensuring his happiness. Again, relatable (keeping out the hand fetish), as he tries to achieve happiness with little things.
But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Kira isn't just relatable, he's also human. He struggles against his problems like most humans would. After Kira gets cornered for the first time by the protagonists, he manages to steal someone's face thanks to a stand user in Morioh and steals his identity after killing him. From there, we see him struggle trying to be the man he stole the identity from.

We see him struggle trying to copy the man's handwriting. We see him struggle trying to make the man's wife and son believe he's still the same person as ever. We see him struggle while trying to protect his "wife" from a cat reincarnated as a plant. We see him struggle to contain his murder instincts as he knows he needs to play low for a while or he'd get caught. We see him struggle trying to avoid killing his wife as that would bring suspicion to him.

We see him human. And because of that, relatable but never sympathetic. His soul getting dragged to hell by several monster hands (ironic, isn't it?) is one of the more satisfying moments in JoJo.

If you asked someone who is Part 4's protagonist, they'd probably answer you Josuke, but the TRUE protagonist of Part 4 is Tonio Trussardi the town of Morioh itself. Kira easily represents the rotten side of society that stays hidden and unnoticed, but he can also represent the bad side, the vices of any of us. In that light, the Duwang gang (the main characters) trying to find Kira in order to defeat him can also be seen as the town of Morioh trying to rid itself off its dark side, and by extension, every person who tries to find and correct his vices in order to better themselves.

My last point is: If you need to make a villain, make a villain. Not an antagonist. "Villains" that have gray moralities aren't villains anymore, they're antagonists. You don't need to create antagonists in order to make a good "villain" (though technically villains are a kind of antagonists, but you get what I mean). Kira is proof that you can make a perfect antagonist while still keeping then evil, keeping them villains, without giving them gray moralities or something like that.

Sera EX said:
Frieza for 3-A (if not High 5-A or Low 4-C). Frieza has to be on the list somewhere.
I don't even need to write a wall of text on why either. He's in the same general league as Darkseid and Thanos. He's the most iconic villain from the most iconic manga of all time.

I meant I shouldn't have to write a wall of text for him because he's iconic, not that he's good because he's iconic. 9 out of 10 people here knows who Frieza is. And if you ask someone who there favorite Dragonball villain is, most people will say Frieza. There's no one more charismatic, evil, cunning, and manipulative in all of Dragonball.

Sera EX said:
I meant I shouldn't have to write a wall of text for him because he's iconic, not that he's good because he's iconic. 9 out of 10 people here knows who Frieza is. And if you ask someone who there favorite Dragonball villain is, most people will say Frieza. There's no one more charismatic, evil, cunning, and manipulative in all of Dragonball.
Oh, I see. Sorry, I misunderstood.

I finally have some time to write a wall of text for why I think Kars deserves the 8-A spot.

Kars is an overpowered perfect archetype done right. He strived towards progression, evolution, betterment for, not because of selfish reasons for himself but, his race.
His race, the Pillar man, were an immortal powerful race of beings in ancient times, but with immortality comes apathy and stasis. They were numb and dull, not caring about anything that was happening around them, a member of their race could have been killed in front of them and wouldn't even blink. But when, Kars, the genius child was born, he was different, he didn't want to just exist, he want to evolve, become great and be remembered in history.

The Pillar man had a great weakness, that was the sun, and in order to better his race, Kars set out to do various experiments to conquer it. He eventually manages to create a mask that had the potential of "unlocking" the hidden powers of the brains of the Pillar man. And when it was time to test if the mask works, Kars doesn't test it on anyone first, he puts it on himself, which is a very important character moment for him, because if it failed he would've surely died.

And because of his experiments, which were done for the sole purpose of bettering his people, he was ostracized and hunter for it. This great betrayal, which result in Kars having to kill off his entire race, was a lesson for Kars, he learned that those who won't change, and evolve would be better of dead, he took Nietzsche's philosophy to the logical conclusion, which resulted in him becoming the "Ubermensch" later on.

During the arc Kars's ideals are constantly challenged, he doesn't step on animals and plants, both figuratively and literally, because he doesn't assume he is better than them, and instead acts on humans who do. Because of this Kars has respect for humans who fight for their lives and try to better themselves, kinda similar to Alucard now that I think about it, and he gains respect for Joseph when he defeats Wamuu.

In his battle with Joseph, he utilizes Joseph's own tactics, using trickery and deceit, against him, because those who do not evolve are better off dead. But loses his last shred of respect he had for humanity when Joseph acts hypocritical calls him out on it. At that point he goes all out and takes on the veil of being the villain Joseph claims he was, because in his eyes victory is all that matters.

Rather ironically, through trickery he manages to use the super Aja on the mask and becomes the Ultimate Lifeform. His first act is testing his new found powers, he sees not only can he do what every lifeform can do, he can do it better. And symbolically, like an act of God, when he tries out his Hamon, his greatest enemy and biggest weakness, the sun rises and he bathes in sunlight.

But when he became the Ultimate Lifeform he threw away his core principles that made him all powerful in the first place. He starts acting cocky and with one last trick Joseph manages to use Kars's extremely powerful Hamon against him, which results in Kars being thrown into space. And the genius child, that always thinking and outsmarting his opponents, as he was drifting in space unable to die, stops thinking.

Bern sure has hell doesn't deserve to be there, neither does Hajun when Mercurius was a much better villain. I think Lucifer should be on the 1-A spot honestly, but Nya is fine I suppose.

I mean how hard is it really to define a villain. 99% of the time it's pretty easy to distinct them, and if they are so grey that you can't even decide whether they fit here on or not, they probably don't belong on this list.

Ogbunabali said:
I mean how hard is it really to define a villain. 99% of the time it's pretty easy to distinct them, and if they are so grey that you can't even decide whether they fit here on or not, they probably don't belong on this list.
That's really a matter of opinion. A lot of people will argue that people like Lelouch vi Britannia aren't villains. Yet he's nearly the same as Light in terms of mirality grayness, and Light is almost certainly a villain.

Ogbun is right. A villain is easily definable. And the thread specifically mentions villains rather than antagonists. Question is...why are Anti-Heroes allowed (when they are objectively not villains) but not Anti-Villains? :thonk:

Well no, because Light is a villain that's also a protagonist and people confuse protagonist with hero, which isn't always the case. Lelouch is clearly not a villain, he's not exactly a hero but deferentially not a villain. I mean look at the ending he literally sacrificed himself to save the world, and everything he did was for the liberation of Japan. Again sure he did bad stuff, but that doesn't mean he's a villain.

Sera EX said:
Ogbun is right. A villain is easily definable. And the thread specifically mentions villains rather than antagonists. Question is...why are Anti-Heroes allowed (when they are objectively not villains) but not Anti-Villains? :thonk:
Didn't it say in the OP that Anti-Heroes aren't allowed.

Sera EX said:
I disagree. There are many series where defining who the villain is is a real point of contention, and they wouldn't be if every villain was so easy to define. Trying to shove every villain into a box like that is impossible in something as vast as fiction.

Ogbunabali said:
Well no, because Light is a villain that's also a protagonist and people confuse protagonist with hero, which isn't always the case. Lelouch is clearly not a villain, he's not exactly a hero but deferentially not a villain. I mean look at the ending he literally sacrificed himself to save the world, and everything he did was for the liberation of Japan. Again sure he did bad stuff, but that doesn't mean he's a villain.
Some people would say that Light is a anti-hero with extreme flaws though they are wrong, and villains are entirely capable of noble ideals and sacrifices as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back