• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Cosmology: High 1-B upgrade

The evidence for High 1-B is frankly extremely weak, and from what I see:

Hinges entirely on the supposed distinction made between "universe" and "dimension" in that of dialogue, which in turn is reasoned to mean that they are referring to distinct things. Except that, if you look at the actual quote, you'll see that the "incalculable dimension" and the "glorious universe" are the same subject:

It's literally just using different terms for the same thing, and otherwise there is not the slightest indication that it's talking about infinite spatial dimensions in here. That reading wouldn't even make sense, anyways, since a spatial dimension is not a place, so it's nonsensical to describe oneself as being "from" one. If the quote said "We are from an incalculable dimensionality", there'd be a good argument, but that's not what is said.

So, yeah, unless I'm missing something, this is totally bunk.
An incalculable universe wouldn't make sense otherwise. Kindly read the 2nd statement where their technology describes 3-D beings as lower dimensional which would align with the distinction made by them. Similar to "We are beings from 5th dimension" but the only difference is that the term "incalculableth" doesn't exist.

An incalculable universe wouldn't make sense otherwise.
"An incalculable universe doesn't make sense" doesn't mean "Therefore it's referring to spatial dimensions." Neither phrasing actually makes sense, and the aliens being higher-dimensional also doesn't mean the reading being provided by this thread is the correct one either. That's a non-sequitur.

"An incalculable universe doesn't make sense" doesn't mean "Therefore it's referring to spatial dimensions."
That's not what I meant. I have used 2nd statement as a means to contextualize my premise
Neither phrasing actually makes sense, and the aliens being higher-dimensional also doesn't mean the reading being provided by this thread is the correct one. That's a non-sequitur.
I've given an example of that in the previous reply.

"An incalculable universe doesn't make sense" doesn't mean "Therefore it's referring to spatial dimensions." Neither phrasing actually makes sense, and the aliens being higher-dimensional also doesn't mean the reading being provided by this thread is the correct one either. That's a non-sequitur.
Higher dimensions being unperceivable by lower dimensional beings is very consistent in verse as well.
Yeah, and the attempt fails, simple as that.
So we can count your vote as a 'disagree' and close the CRT then.

Higher dimensions being unperceivable by lower dimensional beings is very consistent in verse as well.
That doesn't mean anything. Even if I generously grant that the second statement is talking about Ben and co. being lower-dimensional compared to the alien, the argument still doesn't succeed.

So we can count you as a disagree then and close the CRT then.
@Planck69 @DarkDragonMedeus @Firestorm808

Is this thread in the process of being accepted by you three?

You have to understand what dimensions and universes mean in Ben 10, as dimensions and universes are different in Ben 10

Hinges entirely on the supposed distinction made between "universe" and "dimension" in that of dialogue, which in turn is reasoned to mean that they are referring to distinct things. Except that, if you look at the actual quote, you'll see that the "incalculable dimension" and the "glorious universe" are the same subject:

It's literally just using different terms for the same thing, and otherwise there is not the slightest indication that it's talking about infinite spatial dimensions in here. That reading wouldn't even make sense, anyways, since a spatial dimension is not a place, so it's nonsensical to describe oneself as being "from" one. If the quote said "We are from an incalculable dimensionality", there'd be a good argument, but that's not what is said.

He does not need to say dimensionality in order for them to mean infinite dimensions, for example, Cosmic Mom said that Ben only perceives 3 dimension and did not say dimensionality, but it was clearly referring to spatiotemporal
Cosmic MomI did not mean to offend, it's just that you are a young species, you only precede three dimension, is that right?
BenYeah, how many are there?
Cosmic MomOnly 26 that matter, you'll work it out soon, I'm sure.
BenUh-huh.
Cosmic MomMy point is that this dangerous weapon you fear is nothing more than my daughter's favourite toy.
KevinGet out of town!
Cosmic MomWe were on an afternoon excursion to the lower dimensions and she must have dropped it out of her carraige, I've been looking everywhere for it.
and Omega Beings separated the word dimension from the universe in the context. Also dimension and universe not the same meaning in Ben 10.

It's late on my end, I can go over things tomorrow afternoon.

Ultima woke up like this:
200w.gif

Ultima woke up like this:
200w.gif
Jokes apart, I feel like someone from this CRT wasn't pleased with the upgrade so he requested ultima to join despite the staff inputs reaching a common conclusion. I kinda know who that guy is but I'm not sure if this is the case so not naming anyone.

Anyways, I'll leave it to firestorm and ultima discussing with each other tomorrow and reaching to an agreement so I would like if this thread doesn't get derailed with unnecessary comments any further 🙏

Jokes apart, I feel like someone from this CRT wasn't pleased with the upgrade so he requested ultima to join despite the staff inputs reaching a common conclusion. I kinda know who that guy is but I'm not sure if this is the case so not naming anyone.
No, I just caught sight of Alien X's updated profile in a server I'm in and went to look at what happened. No one specifically asked me to come here

I kinda see what Ultima is referring too the image says
"from an incalculable dimension that defies the limits of space and time."
basically "dimension" is used interchangeably with a separate universe or reality, rather than strictly referring to spatial dimensions (such as length, width, and height). For me it implies a place or realm that goes beyond  conventional understanding, which can be linked to a alternate universe rather than specific spatial coordinates.

I kinda see what Ultima is referring too the image says
"from an incalculable dimension that defies the limits of space and time."
basically "dimension" is used interchangeably with a separate universe or reality, rather than strictly referring to spatial dimensions (such as length, width, and height). For me it implies a place or realm that goes beyond  conventional understanding, which can be linked to a alternate universe rather than specific spatial coordinates.
This was already addressed and resolved to not be that the Case in the CRT in a long lengthy disscussion with Q.

This is statment for 5D Contumilla
We are the Contumelia. But our fifth-dimensional forms cannot be seen by your eyes
Now here's how ghost ship universe is described
We are beings from an incalculable dimension that defies the limits of space and time. A glorious universe unfathomable to a primitive mind such as yours
Now there's a clear similarity here , the same stuff is stated for Ghost ship's incalculable dimensions and Contumilla's 5th dimension

Back