• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Cosmology: High 1-B upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The evidence for High 1-B is frankly extremely weak, and from what I see:

Hinges entirely on the supposed distinction made between "universe" and "dimension" in that of dialogue, which in turn is reasoned to mean that they are referring to distinct things. Except that, if you look at the actual quote, you'll see that the "incalculable dimension" and the "glorious universe" are the same subject:

It's literally just using different terms for the same thing, and otherwise there is not the slightest indication that it's talking about infinite spatial dimensions in here. That reading wouldn't even make sense, anyways, since a spatial dimension is not a place, so it's nonsensical to describe oneself as being "from" one. If the quote said "We are from an incalculable dimensionality", there'd be a good argument, but that's not what is said.

So, yeah, unless I'm missing something, this is totally bunk.
An incalculable universe wouldn't make sense otherwise. Kindly read the 2nd statement where their technology describes 3-D beings as lower dimensional which would align with the distinction made by them. Similar to "We are beings from 5th dimension" but the only difference is that the term "incalculableth" doesn't exist.

An incalculable universe wouldn't make sense otherwise.
"An incalculable universe doesn't make sense" doesn't mean "Therefore it's referring to spatial dimensions." Neither phrasing actually makes sense, and the aliens being higher-dimensional also doesn't mean the reading being provided by this thread is the correct one either. That's a non-sequitur.

"An incalculable universe doesn't make sense" doesn't mean "Therefore it's referring to spatial dimensions."
That's not what I meant. I have used 2nd statement as a means to contextualize my premise
Neither phrasing actually makes sense, and the aliens being higher-dimensional also doesn't mean the reading being provided by this thread is the correct one. That's a non-sequitur.
I've given an example of that in the previous reply.

"An incalculable universe doesn't make sense" doesn't mean "Therefore it's referring to spatial dimensions." Neither phrasing actually makes sense, and the aliens being higher-dimensional also doesn't mean the reading being provided by this thread is the correct one either. That's a non-sequitur.
Higher dimensions being unperceivable by lower dimensional beings is very consistent in verse as well.
Yeah, and the attempt fails, simple as that.
So we can count your vote as a 'disagree' and close the CRT then.

Higher dimensions being unperceivable by lower dimensional beings is very consistent in verse as well.
That doesn't mean anything. Even if I generously grant that the second statement is talking about Ben and co. being lower-dimensional compared to the alien, the argument still doesn't succeed.

So we can count you as a disagree then and close the CRT then.
@Planck69 @DarkDragonMedeus @Firestorm808

Is this thread in the process of being accepted by you three?

You have to understand what dimensions and universes mean in Ben 10, as dimensions and universes are different in Ben 10

Hinges entirely on the supposed distinction made between "universe" and "dimension" in that of dialogue, which in turn is reasoned to mean that they are referring to distinct things. Except that, if you look at the actual quote, you'll see that the "incalculable dimension" and the "glorious universe" are the same subject:

It's literally just using different terms for the same thing, and otherwise there is not the slightest indication that it's talking about infinite spatial dimensions in here. That reading wouldn't even make sense, anyways, since a spatial dimension is not a place, so it's nonsensical to describe oneself as being "from" one. If the quote said "We are from an incalculable dimensionality", there'd be a good argument, but that's not what is said.

He does not need to say dimensionality in order for them to mean infinite dimensions, for example, Cosmic Mom said that Ben only perceives 3 dimension and did not say dimensionality, but it was clearly referring to spatiotemporal
Cosmic MomI did not mean to offend, it's just that you are a young species, you only precede three dimension, is that right?
BenYeah, how many are there?
Cosmic MomOnly 26 that matter, you'll work it out soon, I'm sure.
BenUh-huh.
Cosmic MomMy point is that this dangerous weapon you fear is nothing more than my daughter's favourite toy.
KevinGet out of town!
Cosmic MomWe were on an afternoon excursion to the lower dimensions and she must have dropped it out of her carraige, I've been looking everywhere for it.
and Omega Beings separated the word dimension from the universe in the context. Also dimension and universe not the same meaning in Ben 10.

It's late on my end, I can go over things tomorrow afternoon.

Ultima woke up like this:
200w.gif

Ultima woke up like this:
200w.gif
Jokes apart, I feel like someone from this CRT wasn't pleased with the upgrade so he requested ultima to join despite the staff inputs reaching a common conclusion. I kinda know who that guy is but I'm not sure if this is the case so not naming anyone.

Anyways, I'll leave it to firestorm and ultima discussing with each other tomorrow and reaching to an agreement so I would like if this thread doesn't get derailed with unnecessary comments any further 🙏

Jokes apart, I feel like someone from this CRT wasn't pleased with the upgrade so he requested ultima to join despite the staff inputs reaching a common conclusion. I kinda know who that guy is but I'm not sure if this is the case so not naming anyone.
No, I just caught sight of Alien X's updated profile in a server I'm in and went to look at what happened. No one specifically asked me to come here

I kinda see what Ultima is referring too the image says
"from an incalculable dimension that defies the limits of space and time."
basically "dimension" is used interchangeably with a separate universe or reality, rather than strictly referring to spatial dimensions (such as length, width, and height). For me it implies a place or realm that goes beyond  conventional understanding, which can be linked to a alternate universe rather than specific spatial coordinates.

I kinda see what Ultima is referring too the image says
"from an incalculable dimension that defies the limits of space and time."
basically "dimension" is used interchangeably with a separate universe or reality, rather than strictly referring to spatial dimensions (such as length, width, and height). For me it implies a place or realm that goes beyond  conventional understanding, which can be linked to a alternate universe rather than specific spatial coordinates.
This was already addressed and resolved to not be that the Case in the CRT in a long lengthy disscussion with Q.

This is statment for 5D Contumilla
We are the Contumelia. But our fifth-dimensional forms cannot be seen by your eyes
Now here's how ghost ship universe is described
We are beings from an incalculable dimension that defies the limits of space and time. A glorious universe unfathomable to a primitive mind such as yours
Now there's a clear similarity here , the same stuff is stated for Ghost ship's incalculable dimensions and Contumilla's 5th dimension

“We are beings from the 5th dimension” is another way of saying “we are 5th-dimensional beings”. Same applies to incalculable dimension(s).

The issue here is that dimension in this context refers to universe. They say they’re from “incalculable dimension” and later add that it (incalculable dimension) is a glorious universe. They meant a universe here, not spatiotemporal dimensions.
So our fellows wasted their time debating and adding multiple pages to this CRT just to clear this one point for nothing

The issue here is that dimension in this context refers to universe. They say they’re from “incalculable dimension” and later add that it (incalculable dimension) is a glorious universe. They meant a universe here, not spatiotemporal dimensions.
A incalculable universe. What is that even supposed to mean. The 'incalculable dimension' part is just a means to describe their Universe.

It's just like Mr Mxkpitl (I definitely spelled this wrong) saying that he's from the 5th dimension. All the context in the comic support this.
Their Universe being unperceivable by lower beings. Just like the Contumelia's forms and the 26D the Nalgians mentioned.
Them requiring transdimensional vessels to travel from one dimensionality to another.

The term Universe and Dimension in Ben 10 have been distinguishable in the series. The Universe means the whole off all the alternate dimensions inside the Timestream or a alternate timeline of the Timestream. Dimension 12 and Dimension 23 being good examples of this. And the higher dimensionality the 5th dimensional Contumelia and the 26D the Nalgians mentioned.

Feedback could absorb the entity of Ben's Annihilarrgh Universe but couldn't absorb the energy of the Omega Being's ship. Indicating it seperate from the alternate dimensions and timelines in Ben's Universe.

A incalculable universe. What is that even supposed to mean. The 'incalculable dimension' part is just a means to describe their Universe.
It could mean that you can’t calculate its location, it could simply be located beyond infinite timelines, or Space-Beyond, or Forge of Creation, or whatever. Hence why you can’t calculate it.
You know, even in quantum physics, you cannot simultaneously calculate both the exact position and the exact momentum of a particle, so calculating referring to location makes sense too.
You do not assume the highest interpretation possible just because it supposedly makes no sense for you in other interpretations.
It's just like Mr Mxkpitl (I definitely spelled this wrong) saying that he's from the 5th dimension. All the context in the comic support this.
The context is different from this statement and his.
Their Universe being unperceivable by lower beings. Just like the Contumelia's forms and the 26D the Nalgians mentioned.
Them requiring transdimensional vessels to travel from one dimensionality to another.
The term Universe and Dimension in Ben 10 have been distinguishable in the series. The Universe means the whole off all the alternate dimensions inside the Timestream or a alternate timeline of the Timestream. Dimension 12 and Dimension 23 being good examples of this. And the higher dimensionality the 5th dimensional Contumelia and the 26D the Nalgians mentioned.

Feedback could absorb the entity of Ben's Annihilarrgh Universe but couldn't absorb the energy of the Omega Being's ship. Indicating it seperate from the alternate dimensions and timelines in Ben's Universe.
Just because “dimension” referred to spatiotemporal ones in one context does not necessarily mean it would in another. We have Gravity Falls where “dimension” was used for both spatiotemporal axises and simply universes, with sometimes even referring to universes with specific dimensionality, in different contexts.

It could mean that you can’t calculate its location, it could simply be located beyond infinite timelines, or Space-Beyond, or Forge of Creation, or whatever. Hence why you can’t calculate it.
It has already been established that The Space beyond/Omniverse is the highest plane of reality so this headcanon gets straight up dismissed
You know, even in quantum physics, you cannot simultaneously calculate both the exact position and the exact momentum of a particle
Prove that the context has anything to do with quantum physics.
, so calculating referring to location makes sense too.
You do not assume the highest interpretation possible just because it supposedly makes no sense for you in other interpretations.
it's not an assumption, the context has been provided within another statement
The context is different from this statement and his.

Just because “dimension” referred to spatiotemporal ones in one context does not necessarily mean it would in another. We have Gravity Falls where “dimension” was used for both spatiotemporal axises and simply universes, with sometimes even referring to universes with specific dimensionality, in different contexts.
Nobody said that the term Dimension alone grants it a spatial context so this is a strawman fallacy. Otherwise we would have argued the "Infinite Dimensions" statement of Dr Holiday as High 1-B lol (The context was referring to parallel world in Infinite Dimensions statement of Dr Holiday btw).

It has already been established that The Space beyond/Omniverse is the highest plane of reality so this headcanon gets straight up dismissed
This is not a headcanon, but a reasonable interpretation of a statement. By the same logic, infinite-dimensionality implication is a headcanon too. And I never argued about incalculable dimension being the highest plane of reality, I argued this incalculable dimension being outside of it. Just like, you know, you can have a box outside of galaxy without this box being bigger than galaxy?
Prove that the context has anything to do with quantum physics.
I just used it as an example of position being incalculable. Do not strawman my statements.
it's not an assumption, the context has been provided within another statement
If you’re referring to “incomprehensible”, then it doesn’t even mean anything. It could be incomprehensible for many other reasons.
Nobody said that the term Dimension alone grants it a spatial context so this is a strawman fallacy. Otherwise we would have argued the "Infinite Dimensions" statement of Dr Holiday as High 1-B lol (The context was referring to parallel world in Infinite Dimensions statement of Dr Holiday btw).
They were saying that since 26D statement meant dimensions in mathematical sense, then it should be here too.

You know, even in quantum physics, you cannot simultaneously calculate both the exact position and the exact momentum of a particle, so calculating referring to location makes sense too.
Feedback absorbed the Annhilarrgh which created all the timelines and alternate dimensions when it went off. Which is why a endless empty white void was left in the place where all of them were.
Just because “dimension” referred to spatiotemporal ones in one context does not necessarily mean it would in another. We have Gravity Falls where “dimension” was used for both spatiotemporal axises and simply universes, with sometimes even referring to universes with specific dimensionality, in different cocontexts.
I've just explained how the context of them being transdimensional and being beyond human perception is consistent inverse with spatial dimensions in the past. Gravity Falls has nothing to do with this. The Nalgians being beyond hum

This is not a headcanon, but a reasonable interpretation of a statement. By the same logic, infinite-dimensionality implication is a headcanon too. And I never argued about incalculable dimension being the highest plane of reality, I argued this incalculable dimension being outside of it. Just like, you know, you can have a box outside of galaxy without this box being bigger than galaxy?
You're going against what's been established. Kindly provide evidence from your side or else your claim gets dismissed via Hitchens razor.
I just used it as an example of position being incalculable. Do not strawman my statements.
Then contextualize it from the comic instead of saying "this is possible", "that is possible", etc without supporting evidence
If you’re referring to “incomprehensible”, then it doesn’t even mean anything. It could be incomprehensible for many other reasons.
Uh not really? Their tech calls 3-D beings as lower life forms who cannot comprehend their higher form which alludes to their higher dimensional nature.

The Space Beyond/Omniverse is the force that extends through all of reality. So it holds everything.
How is the example relevant?
Like? We've already discussed being abstract and BDE with Q.
They were saying that since 26D statement meant dimensions in mathematical sense, then it should be here too.
Because they are both unperceivable by lower beings. They got the same qualities that made the 26D spatial.

Feedback absorbed the Annhilarrgh which created all the timelines and alternate dimensions when it went off. Which is why a endless empty white void was left in the place where all of them were.
Okay, but I don’t really see how it refutes my point at all.
I've just explained how the context of them being transdimensional and being beyond human perception
Both of those do not necessarily imply infinite-dimensionality, as it is established in Ben 10 that humans can’t perceive more than 3 dimensions.
You're going against what's been established. Kindly provide evidence from your side or else your claim gets dismissed via Hitchens razor.
Where exactly? The argument was relied on dimension and universe meaning the same thing, while given the context it is not at all, which is something Ultima agreed with tok.
Then contextualize it from the comic instead of saying "this is possible", "that is possible", etc without supporting evidence
I’m using an interpretation same as you. You were relying on “incalculable” statement, while this does not necessarily refer to dimensionality, and since the argument was “the statement does not make sense otherwise”, I gave an example to what it could refer instead. It is now your burden of proof to show that the statement explicitly refers to spatiotemporal dimensions.
Uh not really? Their tech calls 3-D beings as lower life forms who cannot comprehend their higher form which alludes to their higher dimensional nature.
Yes, and this could all be while they exist outside of other structures and being higher-dimensional, but not necessarily infinitely-dimensional, such as 5-dimensional, or 26-dimensional, or any other number more than 3.
In the end, our opinion won't matter. It is the staffs whose opinion matters so leaving it to them would be a better option.
While this is essentially true, I’m just contributing to the discussion. They might see it and change their opinions based off it, or they might not. This is why staff discussion is different from content thread revisions.
The Space Beyond/Omniverse is the force that extends through all of reality. So it holds everything.
Which is why I said it could be not only beyond Space-Beyond, but just beyond infinite timelines. Hence why I said “or whatever”. Unless you have a proof that all of Space-Beyond was “calculated”.
How is the example relevant?
Calculation may refer to position.ll
Because they are both unperceivable by lower beings. They got the same qualities that made the 26D spatial.
Unperceivable is not necessarily infinitely dimensional, a simple HDE/BDE is enough.

Where exactly? The argument was relied on dimension and universe meaning the same thing, while given the context it is not at all, which is something Ultima agreed with tok.
You're claiming that the Universe of these aliens comes from somewhere beyond the Forge of creation and space beyond with zero evidence.
I’m using an interpretation same as you. You were relying on “incalculable” statement, while this does not necessarily refer to dimensionality, and since the argument was “the statement does not make sense otherwise”, I gave an example to what it could refer instead. It is now your burden of proof to show that the statement explicitly refers to spatiotemporal dimensions.
I've already explained my point above
The burden is on you to prove how this refers to something else especially after we discussed everything with Qawsedf.
Yes, and this could all be while they exist outside of other structures and being higher-dimensional, but not necessarily infinitely-dimensional, such as 5-dimensional, or 26-dimensional, or any other number more than 3.
So you conceded them being higher-dimensional, good.
Now take this as an example:
"We are beings from 6th dimension, a glorious Universe unfathomable primitive mind such as yours"
"My formal denomination and breadth of functionality is incomprehensible to a lower life form"
With proper context, it's pretty obvious that the statements refer to aliens coming from a Universe with 6-D space-time. Similary the term incalculable plays the same role but the only thing is that the term "incalculableth" is grammatically wrong hence incalculable is being used.
While this is essentially true, I’m just contributing to the discussion. They might see it and change their opinions based off it, or they might not. This is why staff discussion is different from content thread revisions.
Firestorm has already said that he will continue the discussion tomorrow afternoon so I don't see any point in discussion between people who's opinion holds no value to be considered as a vote to implement a CRT.

"Incalculable dimension" would mean universe even when dimension means spatial axis though.

Just like how 5th dimension = 5D universe even though word "dimension" here doesn't mean universe/place. So what is referred to here as the universe is "incalculable dimension" not "dimension".

Okay, but I don’t really see how it refutes my point at all.
It proves that this is this isn't an alternate timeline or dimensions in Ben's Universe as Feedback can absorb that Universe's level energy and laws but not this Univers's level of energy and laws. He could absorb higherD energy of Ben's entire Universe (6D-25D) but struggles to do it here. Indicating it not to be another timeline or alternate dimension.
Both of those do not necessarily imply infinite-dimensionality, as it is established in Ben 10 that humans can’t perceive more than 3 dimensions.
I didn't say it implied infinite dimensionality. I said it supported Higher Dimensionality as their Universe in unperceivable by lower beings.
Exactly Universe and dimension don't mean the same thing as you formally stated.
Transdimensional-Relating to a dimension other than those of the normal three-dimensional world
"You humans are such a young species. You can only perceive 3D."
"Our 5th dimensional forms cannot be seen by your eyes."
"A glorious universe unfathomable by promitive minds as your own"
So you agree that their higher dimensional then?
Which is why I said it could be not only beyond Space-Beyond, but just beyond infinite timelines. Hence why I said “or whatever”. Unless you have a proof that all of Space-Beyond was “calculated”.
Than it exactly where we said it is. A Universe inside the Space Beyond like Ben's but ultimately separate separate from it. Paradox mapped out all of space time and knew location of FoC and Ben's Universe in the SB.
Calculation may refer to position.ll
Appeal to possibility. As I said Paradox fully mapped out all of space time including SB with it's higher time and causality.
Unperceivable is not necessarily infinitely dimensional, a simple HDE/BDE is enough.
Exactly. It is HDE as Paradox has BDE and his form is perceivable by Ben and Co.

You're claiming that the Universe of these aliens comes from somewhere beyond the Forge of creation and space beyond with zero evidence.
I've already explained my point above
Not necessarily. I said “beyond infinite timelines, or Space Beyond, or Forge of Creation, or whatever” to not claim something specific but just give a general idea. And the first one would pretty much suffice.
The burden is on you to prove how this refers to something else especially after we discussed everything with Qawsedf.
Vice versa. There is no good context to prove it is talking about mathematic dimensionality to begin with.
So you conceded them being higher-dimensional, good.
Never denied that tbh.
Now take this as an example:
"We are beings from 6th dimension, a glorious Universe unfathomable primitive mind such as yours"
"My formal denomination and breadth of functionality is incomprehensible to a lower life form"
With proper context, it's pretty obvious that the statements refer to aliens coming from a Universe with 6-D space-time. Similary the term incalculable plays the same role which but the only thing is that the term "incalculableth" is grammatically wrong hence incalculable is being used.
You are just assuming that the case is the same as if it was “6th dimension”, while it isn’t necessarily like that. It could refer to its position, simple.
Firestorm has already said that he will continue the discussion tomorrow afternoon so I don't see any point in discussion between people who's opinion holds no value to be considered as a vote to implement a CRT.
Given that we probably won’t reach conclusion I agree that it’s better to leave it to Ultima, Firestorm and other staff to get on the topic
"Incalculable dimension" would mean universe even when dimension means spatial axis though.

Just like how 5th dimension = 5D universe even though word "dimension" here doesn't mean universe/place. So what is referred to here as the universe is "incalculable dimension" not "dimension".
The point is that incalculable could simply mean that it is a universe the position (or location) of which cannot be calculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back