• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Don't even really know why I made this. Been a while since I've made a vs match and this one seemed fun due to both being rather lazy and laid back characters who end up being incredibly powerful. Of course, one's a purple space cat who does martial arts and blows up planets, while the other is a time manipulating skeleton in slippers who loves to crack jokes, but that's besides the point.

Beerus comes to earth looking for a challenge, but instead of the Super Saiyan God, he finds another opponent, instead.

Both are in character, but Sans is fully willing to use every ability, dirty trick, and reality warping cheat he has to put Beerus down, just as he did with Chara/Frisk. This is BoG saga Beerus, because he's really the best measurement we have for his abilities, so far.

Battle starts out on Earth.

Can the "weakest enemy" in Undertale take on the God of Destruction? Does Lord Beerus get dunked on or is Sans completely boned? This is just a battle for fun, sooo....have fun, I suppose. Meanwhile, have two awesome picture of the combatants. Oh, and an awesome theme for the battle.
Undertale Megalovania Dual Mix
Undertale Megalovania Dual Mix

Sans bamf
Beerusdbzcolor by el roacho-d8wa8zh

...I don't know.

Here I was going in saying "duh, of course Beerus wins, he's way faster" but if we're to assume that Frisk is FTL based on dodging feats...I don't know. Beerus would likely dodge Sans' attacks long enough for Sans to tire out...or so I'd think. Nobody is expected to beat Sans on their first try, which is all Beerus has.

If we had a better idea of Sans' attack potency, this'd be a lot easier.

Undylan said:
isnt Beerus is like billions times FTL?
He could be fast to kill sans.
Billions in travel speed, Trillions in short burst sooooo ya he is very fast I guess but i saw he can teleport so idk anything really :/

Dodging Sans' attacks should be pretty easy for someone who can teleport, unless Sans can catch Beerus by surprise.

Heck, if RoF is anything to go by, as long as a Ki user isn't focused...gosh I hate that whole scene.

WarriorWare said:
Dodging Sans' attacks should be pretty easy for someone who can teleport, unless Sans can catch Beerus by surprise.
Heck, if RoF is anything to go by, as long as a Ki user isn't focused...gosh I hate that whole scene.
Yep that scene was disgusting making Goku lose "for the plot" i mean if he lost in an actual fight it's fine but a very small laser almost killed him i was like WTF but at least Vegeta had a moment before the planet blew up in his face :p

Yeah, Beerus is really fast, but remember, Sans was perfectly capable of using his teleportation and time manipulation in combat, even resetting the player back to a certain point or popping attacks in and out of existence.

Also, remember that Sans' attacks don't care about durability. Karmic Retribution gets through that, and it's going to be quite painful for Beerus. KR absolutely destroyed someone who had yet to even kill the population of the world. Beerus has ended the lives of countless races throughout his life. Even if we're not taking that into account, I'd say if Sans' attacks could hurt endgame genocide route Chara/Frisk, albeit slightly, they wouldn't have nearly as much trouble as you'd think puncturing Beerus.

I expected this fight to make people think, so I'm glad it's doing so. Hehe.

WarriorWare said:
Wait, can Beerus teleport? I never remember him doing so since he always needed to fly places. I think he was referring to Sans.

I have a bad habit of assuming DB characters can teleport.

If he can't, that should be difficult. However, whether or not Sans' attacks really ignore durability is...hard to say. I suppose KR would hurt Beerus like the dickens, but...is it enough?

I don't know. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. KR ate through Chara/Frisk pretty fast, and unlike them, Beerus doesn't have the ability to just LOAD to before he was killed, but Beerus is also incredibly agile and ruthless.

There's always the possibility of Sans using his ability to mess with the "gravity" of Beerus soul in order to make him easier to hit, but it's unsure how effective it would be.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
WarriorWare said:
Wait, can Beerus teleport? I never remember him doing so since he always needed to fly places. I think he was referring to Sans.
Nah, Beerus can't teleport otherwise. him and whis would had get to earth in a second.

Never said he couldn't. Also, remember, while Chara reacted to Sans' attacks, they were still implied to be killed numerous times before doing so. You have to remember that he wasn't outmatched due to being completely unable to harm his opponent, but because he was fighting someone who could simply reinsert themself into existence every time they were killed, learning from every mistake. Chara/Frisk had the advantage of being able to SAVE and LOAD, which Sans knew he couldn't compete with, so his whole goal was to basically become such an obstactle that they simply gave up on that timeline. Sans was still completely punking a universal character (albeit due to the nature of his powers).

Hmm... this is incredibly tough, but I'd probably give it to Sans due to the nature of Karmic Retribution. And Beerus is quite the sinner.

So sans like the ghost rider huh? What if beerus doesn't care about his sins at all? What would KR do to beerus

KR isn't based on if the target regrets what they've done. Chara is a no longer human abstract abomination of evil who kills everyone simply because they can, but KR still wrecked them. It damages you purely based on what you've done as opposed to how you feel about it.

WarriorWare said:
Maybe we should do a Sans vs. Ghost Rider thread, or would that be way too easy for Sans?
I would love to do that match, but not only do I doubt they'd fight, I doubt their powers would really do much to each other because they both sort of only...fight evil. Also, as much as I love Johnny, Sans would probably dunk on him based purely on his fight with Chara.

But wait, can't beerus resist at his KR like what chara did.

Or what if he blows up everything around them as well?

Chara didn't resist the KR. Every time they were hit it did significant damage. Omni-directional attacks are deadly, but I think Sans' teleportation and time manipulation will allow him a pretty good degree of safety.

Don't know if anyone's interested or not, but since not as many people know about Sans as people who know about Beerus, I just thought I'd share this.

This is a clip (starting at 1:40) of Chara/Frisk (in this ending they pretty much become the same being) wiping out the entire timeline in a single shot. For the record, this is literally only seconds after they fought Sans, so they didn't grow stronger since then. While Sans is relatively fragile, that's the character he mopped the floor with numerous times until they finally got a hit in on him by also breaking the rules. Take that as you will. Just posting a feat.

I guess id give it to sans, not only for the KR but makin beerus blue + spamming attacks and sans even being able to teleport him reduces a lot beerus mobility.

I wonder how would go against Whis time rewind, but i dont actually know whats the limit of that ability (I've read it can only rewind up to 3 minutes, but i dont know if this is true)

Yeah I'm win Sans for right now unless in the distant future Beerus gets another boost. from the combination of Karma hacks and Beerus only having once chance to face this incredibly fast foe

Kudos to Azathoth for making a Beerus poll that isn't complete spite, although I'm not sure of Sans abilities as his tier is unknown and I know little about him. With that post however, I suppose Sans would win( Man, I truly feel bad for DB's Godtiers now) Perhaps one day, late in Super when a feat is shown placing some DBS character at 2C, can victories truly be obtained on their behalf. I wonder if someone would ever be willing to create a poll without allowing characters to use any hax...

I do appreciate it. I feel we need more fights that are fair and take some thought as opposed to one-sided stomps. A pure fighting skill battle with two martial artist chracters could be a lot of fun, actually.

Archon Hero said:
Kudos to Azathoth for making a Beerus poll that isn't complete spite, although I'm not sure of Sans abilities as his tier is unknown and I know little about him. With that post however, I suppose Sans would win( Man, I truly feel bad for DB's Godtiers now) Perhaps one day, late in Super when a feat is shown placing some DBS character at 2C, can victories truly be obtained on their behalf.
I wonder if someone would ever be willing to create a poll without allowing characters to use any hax...
I don't think it would be easy to find a character that the DB God Tiers can fight here or anyone that doesn't have hax on them. They're probably is but if there are, it's probably not a lot.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I do appreciate it. I feel we need more fights that are fair and take some thought as opposed to one-sided stomps. A pure fighting skill battle with two martial artist chracters could be a lot of fun, actually.
True that.

I'm so conflicted, though. The idea of my favorite Undertale character being able to beat Beerus just seems too good to be true. Meanwhile, I'm heavily biased in favor of Dragon Ball (mostly because of its poor record in Death Battle) and I can imagine that Beerus getting dunked on by Sans would be...extremely embarrassing. Only needed to land one hit, and he just couldn't...Or could he? I'm having a lot of trouble buying this.

You do have a point as most verses who have characters that are universal in nature possess rather ludicrous abilities. Those universes also at times can have rather complex cosmology usually involving higher dimensional planes and infinite timelines. Toriyama isn't a very complex writer, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing either( for battles however it can be a bit problematic )

WarriorWare said:
I'm so conflicted, though. The idea of my favorite Undertale character being able to beat Beerus just seems too good to be true. Meanwhile, I'm heavily biased in favor of Dragon Ball (mostly because of its poor record in Death Battle) and I can imagine that Beerus getting dunked on by Sans would be...extremely embarrassing. Only needed to land one hit, and he just couldn't...Or could he? I'm having a lot of trouble buying this.
That's part of why I thought this would be such a fun fight. Beerus has the pure, unbridled strength, whereas Sans takes the "death by 1000 cuts" approach.

One question, But can Sans react to Beerus attacks without his time hax first?

Beerus might kill him before Sans can do a thing.

Presumably yes. Sans' dodging skills are insane, and he can also teleport, at will. Even when Chara swung at him while he was asleep, he still dodged. Chara only hit him by cheating, just like Sans was doing to them.

Even assuming he can't, there's the matter of his teleportation ability working on others, as well. During the final fight, there was a point where Chara would take a step and Sans would simply blink them back to where they started, along with warping them to other places.

Yeah I think this was a really good matchup the could go either way if it wasn't for Sans having a few key advantages. Like veryone else said it's a good battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back