• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
From what I understand, Touma has to touch Sans to negate his powers, so this is a question of whether Sans can kill him before that happens.
What's the starting distance? According to SBA it would be hundreds of meters, which I highly doubt Touma could cross before Sans kills him.

From what I understand, Touma has to touch Sans to negate his powers, so this is a question of whether Sans can kill him before that happens.
What's the starting distance? According to SBA it would be hundreds of meters, which I highly doubt Touma could cross before Sans kills him.
So how exactly Sans can kill Touma?

Has Touma ever dealt with danmaku on par with what Sans can do?
Also, what exactly constitutes as touching the attack? Like, if the attack hits him, couldn't that technically be considered touching the attack?

Touma has dealt with Danmaku in the thousands, if it's less than that he will be fine
Well in that case I don't think Sans can really do much.

At the same time though it would be pretty hard for Touma to touch Sans, considering Sans's instinctive reaction and teleportation. Can Touma deal with that?

At the same time though it would be pretty hard for Touma to touch Sans, considering Sans's instinctive reaction and teleportation. Can Touma deal with that?
He has fought people with teleportation as well as people with IR, you'd need to be more specific about what Sans does for me to see those as a problem for Touma.

Anyway, his powers can't stop Sans from using teleportation, but then it would become a battle of attrition and Sans' stamina is not impressive at all, so Touma (who can keep going for hours even while damaged) shouldn't have any major problem, from what I am seeing.

Sans never used teleportation in fights for one. His instinctive reactions come from him dodging an attack in his sleep, but nothing like Ultra Instinct.

He has fought people with teleportation as well as people with IR, you'd need to be more specific about what Sans does for me to see those as a problem for Touma.

Anyway, his powers can't stop Sans from using teleportation, but then it would become a battle of attrition and Sans' stamina is not impressive at all, so Touma (who can keep going for hours even while damaged) shouldn't have any major problem, from what I am seeing.
Well in that case Touma takes this pretty easily. Idk in my mind I was imagining Sans just teleporting like 100 meters away whenever Touma got close then just sitting there til Touma got close again, but I realize that's completely out of character, especially considering Sans doesn't even know Touma has powernull.

doesn't Imagine Breaker only work against things that are "supernatural"?

In the context of Undertale, Magic is as natural in monsters as water is in humans. All of Sans's abilities are as natural as his own body.

How exactly does Imagine Breaker affect this? Does "supernatural" mean "not natural", or "artificial"?

doesn't Imagine Breaker only work against things that are "supernatural"?

In the context of Undertale, Magic is as natural in monsters as water is in humans. All of Sans's abilities are as natural as his own body.

How exactly does Imagine Breaker affect this? Does "supernatural" mean "not natural", or "artificial"?
Why would Undertale's definition apply to someone that isn't from Undertale?

Anything that isn't natural to the base world of Toaru counts as supernatural for IB.

Touma's powernull is only activated by his right hand

Sans danmaku attacks from various directions

Touma cannot block everything with his right hand

Why block everything when he can dodge danmaku. Also when he dodge he can move forward, so while Sans shooting out projectiles, Touma can move forward and deal damage to Sans.
Sans can TS and spawn attacks in every direction, That will disorient Touma guaranteed

Why block everything when he can dodge danmaku. Also when he dodge he can move forward, so while Sans shooting out projectiles, Touma can move forward and deal damage to Sans.
Not going to lie but the only real instance of danmaku I see there is a mention of "raining arrows that cover the sky", but this is something Undyne can already do (here, here or here), and there similar working from Mettaton, Asgore, Flowey (here, here or especially here or here) or Asriel (here and here). And Sans is like far harder than any of these in-game if you see all of it.

The lack of visuals also doesn't exactly help your case.

Last edited:
Honestly speaking... It would be much more better for Touma to fight Asgore (or literally anybody else) than Sans since the damn skeleton is so over used, both in the UT/DR fandom and in verse battles in this site, imo.

Anyways...

Here, Strym. Scans for Touma's danmaku dodging skills. Since somebody needed to provide 'em.

What exactly could this be compared to?
Perhaps a super-long railgun that targeted someone on the planet’s surface after eternal
acceleration using straight guiderails stretching from one end of the universe to the other.
Perhaps a singularity weapon that created destruction unexplainable with Newtonian
physics by directly messing with the smallest particles dealing with mass and motion such
as the bosons and the Higgs particle.
In all likelihood, expressing it with words was meaningless.
Even if one gathered everything that could be expressed with words, it was unlikely one
could shoot down that crossbow.
It merely hit.
Kamijou Touma leaped to the side with all his strength.
…The first shot fell vertically from the heavens.
It held the destructive power needed to easily wipe out a planet or two, but it was beyond
the point of creating anything like a crater. This was no different from a rifle bullet fired
with the initial velocity of a sniper rifle piercing glass without breaking it. The arrow had
been fired with such great speed that it pierced the pitch black ground without waiting for
the impact to propagate.
Even so, Kamijou ran.
His distance to Othinus was close yet far. It felt like an infinite wall.
…The second shot seemed to skim the ground as it was fired behind him and diagonally
to the left.
Kamijou crouched down and the arrow passed over his head and swept across the world.
Its trajectory was angled downward slightly and it created a giant valley in that black-dyed
world.
Othinus did not move from her spot.
She and Kamijou had to be the same. They were both pouring all their strength into
defeating their opponent.
…The third and fourth shots burst up through the ground.
They stabbed up a few meters away on either side of Kamijou. It was a trap. If he rashly
moved even a step to evade, he would be smashed to pieces.
The more unnecessary actions he took, the farther he would be from victory.
He sharpened his senses like a needle and pictured himself stretching forward and
piercing Othinus with that needle.
…The fifth shot came from directly in front of him.
His movements to the left and right were already sealed off and now Othinus had thrown
a straight pitch. For the first time, Kamijou swung his right hand. But not in a straight
impact meant to destroy. He scooped his hand up from below, traced his hand along the
surface of the arrow, and diverted its trajectory upwards.
He ran straight forward.
His fear and self-interest threatened to shake that simple action.
…The sixth and seventh shots scraped across Othinus’s shoulders.
The two arrows were fired from behind her and they collided in midair before reaching
him. With a tremendous explosive noise, the two arrows’ trajectories changed complexly.
The boy evaded one by ducking his upper body down and then jumped over the other with
a great leap.
Devoting himself to evasion was meaningless.
His path threatened to waver, but he used the power of his will to desperately keep himself
on course.
…The eighth shot overcame the restrictions of the third dimension.
Kamijou felt a static electricity-like spark on his spine and immediately swung his head
to the side as hard as he could. An instant later, space suddenly split open and an arrow
assaulted the world.
He focused on his trajectory.
The several meter path to Othinus appeared clearly in his head.
…The ninth shot ignored the concept of numbers.
The arrows that fell from above colored the night sky like fireworks and glittered like stars
covering the heavens. Every single one of them was fatal, but Kamijou did not freeze up.
No matter how torrentially they rained down, there was always a safe space left to step in.
He was going to reach her.
He glared at Othinus’s face and clenched his right fist tighter than before.
…And the tenth shot…
(I can reach her.)
Kamijou gritted his teeth.
He sharply moved right up to her.
(I’ll reach her no matter what!! It doesn’t matter where the final arrow comes from! I can
punch her after evading it or punch her before she can fire the arrow. Either way, I’ll end
this here!!)
“Othinus!!”
In the instant he shouted out, he was certain of his victory.
He stopped thinking about the tenth shot altogether. That was why he had reached the
idea of ending this before she could fire it.
But his mistake was understandable.
The final shot approached from directly behind Magic God Othinus.
And she did not move a single step.
In other words, the arrow unhesitatingly pierced through Othinus.
The final arrow broke through the girl’s entire body and assaulted Kamijou from the blind
spot directly in front of him.
“…Ah.”
Time stopped.
He was too slow to react.
By the time he heard a dull sound, the final arrow had already been absorbed into his
chest and accurately targeted his heart.
This was nothing as kind as piercing or breaking him.
In the instant of impact, Kamijou Touma’s body was smashed to pieces from the chest
down. As his heart continued to writhe in midair, the tip of the arrow caught it and blasted
it to the farthest reaches of that world.
All that remained in that place were the boy’s arms, shoulders, and head.
At that level, this could only be called his remains.
Kamijou’s “body” spun at least twice through the air and Othinus caught it in one hand.
She had supposedly taken the exact same damage, but not so much as a single scratch
remained on her smooth skin. The destruction had indeed occurred, but the wounds had
immediately repaired themselves like watching the destruction of gelatin in reverse.
Othinus spoke with a cold light in her one eye.
“It is over.”
“…Dammit. Maybe so.”
- New Testament Volume 9 Chapter 8 Part 8

The most notable thing about Touma's feat of dodging the arrows that covered the skies is the fact that danmaku just ignored the concept of numbers to produce a shit-ton of projectiles with this being quite literal since the one that produced the danmaku (Othinus) can manipulate concepts and whatnot (as OP LN people do, I suppose).

However, this feat was only possible for Touma due to him quite literally pulling a Frisk for thousands of times until he lost one final time and the author and the story itself repeatedly hammers in the point that Touma's performance against Othinus is a massive in-verse outlier for him.

... Also, I do want to point out Touma's skill doesn't really stop him from getting slammed into the ground and get impaled by bones since his LS is too weak to overcome Sans' blue magic, tho.

Never mind the fact that Touma is barely above baseline 9-B while Sans is in the megajoules range last I checked, so Sans' slam might just no-diff him.

The most notable thing about Touma's feat of dodging the arrows that covered the skies is the fact that danmaku just ignored the concept of numbers to produce a shit-ton of projectiles with this being quite literal since the one that produced the danmaku (Othinus) can manipulate concepts and whatnot (as OP LN people do, I suppose).
I have literally read the scan, however the same scan mentions that between the arrows there's enough safe space for Touma to go in and dodge:

No matter how torrentially they rained down, there was always a safe space left to step in. He was going to reach her.

Hence why I compared that danmaku to those monsters'. This proves that it's not just the amount of projectiles that matters, but also how it's displaced and the pattern that one must understand and follow in order to dodge, this is why Sans' danmaku is that hard to begin with.
Never mind the fact that Touma is barely above baseline 9-B while Sans is in the megajoules range last I checked, so Sans' slam might just no-diff him.
Going by calcs Sans is over 130 times stronger, so yeah.

I thought Sans scaled to 15 KJ lol
Sans got upgraded due to a Undertale CRT that happened in 2023, IIRC. Don't know which one exactly, though.
Honestly, this might just be an issue of Undertale actually having danamaku that can be visualized while all of Touma's stuff is locked behind visual-less light novel pages, kek.

Although, I do want to once again stress the point that anything regarding Touma's fight with Othinus, especially with skill, is a massive outlier for him, so it shouldn't be considered as legit skill feats for him, imo.

Anyways, this fanta just thinks this match is a stomp for Sans.

Sans got upgraded due to a Undertale CRT that happened in 2023, IIRC. Don't know which one exactly, though.
Sans upscales from the 0 Value which scales from this. And Sans can still deal minimal damage without using KR to a 9-A Chara, and Undertale doesn't register damage if your ATK is too low compared to the opponent's DEF.
Honestly, this might just be an issue of Undertale actually having danamaku that can be visualized while all of Touma's stuff is locked behind visual-less light novel pages, kek.
That's the problem, aye. The Undyne case is the closest one I could compare the feat with at least.

Isn’t Sans body being made of pure magic mean that regardless of AP difference, Touma could win by hitting Sans once? Since this wincon was allowed when Touma was put against a literal 3-C to High 3-A being made entirely of pure energy

That's the problem, aye. The Undyne case is the closest one I could compare the feat with at least.
It's not really a problem tho, he has dealt with that rain of arrows, as well as other forms of Danmaku:

The thousands, tens of thousands, and hundreds of thousands of daggers were packed in
so tightly that they did not leave enough space for a human to hide. Everywhere but the
location where that boy held his right hand would be skewered again and again.
Or so it should have been.
However…
“…!!”
A high-pitched noise rang out.
Kamijou Touma had raised his right hand above his head and negated one of the many
approaching daggers with his fingertips.
But it did not end there.
As the water dagger shattered like glass, its fragments scattered in every direction and
struck the other surrounding daggers. This slightly altered their trajectory. This caused a
chain reaction that created a blank spot that should not have been there.

And he has also dealt with lightning attacks (which are way faster than him) and etc, so Sans isn't looking like a real threat to him and his precog so far, IMO

The thousands, tens of thousands, and hundreds of thousands of daggers were packed in
so tightly that they did not leave enough space for a human to hide. Everywhere but the
location where that boy held his right hand would be skewered again and again.
Or so it should have been.
However…
“…!!”
A high-pitched noise rang out.
Kamijou Touma had raised his right hand above his head and negated one of the many
approaching daggers with his fingertips.
But it did not end there.
As the water dagger shattered like glass, its fragments scattered in every direction and
struck the other surrounding daggers. This slightly altered their trajectory. This caused a
chain reaction that created a blank spot that should not have been there.
That sounds more him nullying a barrer of projectiles that are too tight to be humanly dodged than actually dodging it tbh.
And he has also dealt with lightning attacks (which are way faster than him) and etc, so Sans isn't looking like a real threat to him and his precog so far, IMO
If only Sans doesn't spam far faster attacks either.

That sounds more him nullying a barrer of projectiles that are too tight to be humanly dodged than actually dodging it tbh.
Yeah, but that doesn't really matter, he can dodge, null or do both, the end result is the same unless Sans has more danmaku than the numbers we have provided so far.

What? I don't get your point here, not only Sans accepted speed is below actual lightning speed, speed is equalized here (which means Sans' speeds are being lowered to match Touma's, meanwhile Touma's own are kept) so what you said is either wrong or doesn't apply.

What? I don't get your point here, not only Sans accepted speed is below actual lightning speed, speed is equalized here (which means Sans' speeds are being lowered to match Touma's, meanwhile Touma's own are kept) so what you said is either wrong or doesn't apply.
Can touma dodge attacks from various directions from a sudden Time stop? They come in different patterns s'well

Yeah, but that doesn't really matter, he can dodge, null or do both, the end result is the same unless Sans has more danmaku than the numbers we have provided so far.
Sans' stuff isn't just "too many projectiles coming towards you", it's a series of attacks that come from multiple directions, like this, this or this.
Speed equalization here only reduces the ratio of higher attacks speed to base combat speed of the characters, so if for example a character has Mach 2 combat speed but has a Mach 100 attack, then if from equal speed the character gets reduced to human speed, then the attack will still be x50 faster (Subsonic+ in my example) in the fight.

Sans' attacks in short will be faster than both Touma and Sans himself, as the Gaster Blasters are always fast enough that the only way to avoid them is aim-dodging those.

Sans' stuff isn't just "too many projectiles coming towards you", it's a series of attacks that come from multiple directions, like this, this or this.
Did you read the water daggers quote? Theu were also coming from everywhere and he still found a way to deal with them.

Speed equalization here only reduces the ratio of higher attacks speed to base combat speed of the characters, so if for example a character has Mach 2 combat speed but has a Mach 100 attack, then if from equal speed the character gets reduced to human speed, then the attack will still be x50 faster (Subsonic+ in my example) in the fight.

Sans' attacks in short will be faster than both Touma and Sans himself, as the Gaster Blasters are always fast enough that the only way to avoid them is aim-dodging those.
Okay? That changes nothing of what I said, Touma has dealt with attacks that were thousands of times his speed, meanwhile Sans' blasters here would be what? Twice his speed? They're simply indexed as "higher" in Sans profile, no multiplier or anything really.

Can touma dodge attacks from various directions from a sudden Time stop? They come in different patterns s'well
Time stop more than likely wouldn't stop Touma to begin with.

Did you read the water daggers quote? Theu were also coming from everywhere and he still found a way to deal with them.
Your quote seems more about him redirecting a single dagger so that it caused a chain reaction which made a wide space for him to get in.

Clearly not the same as laser-shooting flying giant skulls that Sans can freely control.
Okay? That changes nothing of what I said, Touma has dealt with attacks that were thousands of times his speed, meanwhile Sans' blasters here would be what? Twice his speed? They're simply indexed as "higher" in Sans profile, no multiplier or anything really.
Any scans on how he dodged that lightning, by the way? The profile seems to say that's through aim dodging rather than actual reaction speed, and that if attacks are simply too fast for him to even react, then he likely wouldn't be able to.

Back