• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed.

Some people seemed to think Sans should be scaled to Asriel's hypergoner (considering Sans is > Frisk in speed and Frisk escaped it), but I'm honestly not very sure on that. However, I'm not doubtful he could dodge said shockwaves, as many weaker characters were reacting to the shockwaves near the center, and I don't think they'd be in the quadrillions of times FTL category.

That's one of the problems with characters like Sans. However, I can mostly see it do to how his "breaking the game" is usually explained as him messing with the laws of reality. I could definitely see this in "inconclusive", if other people are okay with that, too.

Wasn't Frisk still damaged by the Hyper Goner?

Maybe the shockwaves were getting faster as they went along with strength (there is a correlation between speed and energy).

This is true. Let us see

Great debate anyway

Yes, they were. However, unlike the rest of the universe, they were able to escape its pull and not be sucked in.

That's definitely a possibility.

Yeah, great debate. I'm just happy to have a match which prompts a lot of thoughtful discussion and solid arguments.

ok but since this is already in the victory and loss pages i guess we can close this now?

You can do that even if you remain in Asriel's mouth though.

Thank god because I am exhausted. I think the two of us debated more than all the other put together.

Xantospoc said:
You can do that even if you remain in Asriel's mouth though.
Thank god because I am exhausted. I think the two of us debated more than all the other put together.
Base on the post you and Azzy debate a lot more than us combined man lol

Technically just hovering above his mouth. Frisk, unlike everything else in the universe, isn't "sucked in", and merely takes the force of the attack, afterwards.

Haha, it was a really good debate, though.

I havent watched DBS yet, but i watched the shockwave scene and for all i can see, im not sure if Beerus can produce them alone (and i dont mean he cant produce an attack of the same magnitude, i mean that specific effect), I agree that beerus wins ,if not stomps if its pre barrier. post barrier the chances equalize a lot (may I say, sans awareness of alternate timelines may help him get wherever he wants with teleportation, tought that may be just me exagerating said awareness)

I woulndt mind if it goes into inconclusive, but ill side to sans by now, If the KR is capable of ending beerus in the time you said, and sans can keep awake said amount of time (or abuse blue mode to gain time) I think he has the better edge of the battle, but just as a thin margin)

Nedoiko said:
I havent watched DBS yet, but i watched the shockwave scene and for all i can see, im not sure if Beerus can produce them alone (and i dont mean he cant produce an attack of the same magnitude, i mean that specific effect), I agree that beerus wins ,if not stomps if its pre barrier. post barrier the chances equalize a lot (may I say, sans awareness of alternate timelines may help him get wherever he wants with teleportation, tought that may be just me exagerating said awareness)
I woulndt mind if it goes into inconclusive, but ill side to sans by now, If the KR is capable of ending beerus in the time you said, and sans can keep awake said amount of time (or abuse blue mode to gain time) I think he has the better edge of the battle, but just as a thin margin)
Lmfao all Beerus have to do is clap his hands :V

You do realize how little this contributes to like...any debate, right?

Like, if I said, "Sans can teleport objects, therefore he teleports a bone into Beerus' brain and kills him", that would contribute absolutely nothing, right?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
You do realize how little this contributes to like...any debate, right?
Like, if I said, "Sans can teleport objects, therefore he teleports a bone into Beerus' brain and kills him", that would contribute absolutely nothing, right?
In Ep.18 of DB Super, Whis was able to Teleport 2 saiyans Who were about to fall in one of Whis' Dimensions So what's your point? haha?

...That had nothing to do with what I just said. At all. Also, Whis is not Beerus, and Beerus cannot teleport. I'm saying that stating "this character who can do a thing can do another thing they have never done and never been known to do, therefore they win", contributes literally nothing to the debate. I feel like you realize this (by how you dodged the subject), but don't want to acknowledge it.

...That had nothing to do with what I just said. At all. Also, Whis is not Beerus, and Beerus cannot teleport. I'm saying that stating "this character who can do a thing can do another thing they have never done and never been known to do, therefore they win", contributes literally nothing to the debate. I feel like you realize this (by how you dodged the subject), but don't want to acknowledge it.
This can go either way! I think and we have yet to know Beerus' Full extent and he may have more haxes

I say we at least put this under "Inconclusive Matches" for now as this is definitely not yet a clear victory. Do you think we should keep the thread unlocked, however, in case a conclusive point is made?

Just came back to this thread. Great debate between Azathoth and Xan, if this does end up as an inconclusive match instead of a victory for Sans then I would be fine with that due to the points mentioned above.

"Having stats" isn't really a reason to select one fighter over another. Sans did defeat an "At least Low 2-C" opponent, after all, so stats aren't everything.

Also, remember. Only one fighter has instantaneous teleportation, which should even out the movement speed disadvantage.

"Having stats" isn't really a reason to select one fighter over another. Sans did defeat an "At least Low 2-C" opponent, after all, so stats aren't everything.
Also, remember. Only one fighter has instantaneous teleportation, which should even out the movement speed disadvantage.
With an ability that ignores durability

Also Teleportation=/=Speed.Sans reactions are only FTL

@SaikouTouhou

Based on what? Literally the only time he was hit when his guard was up was when Chara broke the rules of the universe. He also seems pretty adept at immediately reacting after his teleportation.

@Hyperception

All of his abilities do that.

Sans reactions aren't "only" FTL. That's his movement speed. He can clearly react to a far higher degree, otherwise he wouldn't be able to instantly set up a new attack as soon as his teleportation ended.

@Hyperception

All of his abilities do that.

Sans reactions aren't "only" FTL. That's his movement speed. He can clearly react to a far higher degree, otherwise he wouldn't be able to instantly set up a new attack as soon as his teleportation ended.

Unless his reactions are trillions of times lightspeed,i do not see how he would not get blitzed

And having the durability of soggy paper makes it even worse for Sans

Gameplay mechanics is quite weird in Undertale, so that makes rating weird too. But let me have high doubts over a At Least Relat character keeping up with a MFTL+ one.

@Hyperception

You have to remember that Sans' durability isn't physical, it's mental. He has no LOVE, therefore he's incredibly easy to hurt. However, he still survived for like...a minute after being sliced down the middle by Chara, which is saying something.

@Saikou

That's the point, though. Chara NEVER kept up with Sans. Every single time the fight happened, Sans would always dodge for a set period of time before getting tired. He never slipped up and never made a mistake, because he was never in danger of getting hit, but he's a lazy bastard and therefore has low stamina. He never teleported to dodge because he didn't need to. He even dodged Chara in his sleep.

@Hyperception
You have to remember that Sans' durability isn't physical, it's mental. He has no LOVE, therefore he's incredibly easy to hurt. However, he still survived for like...a minute after being sliced down the middle by Chara, which is saying something.
Means nothing when he'll get vaporized by a Ki beam.

Survivng a bit after getting sliced is a stamina feat,Not a durability one

I'm not saying it's a direct durability feat. I'm saying that, if he was PHYSICALLY as weak as he's made out to be, being sliced in half by a universal+ enemy would have reduced him to atoms. It's because he has no LOVE that a human with killing intent could so easily dispatch of him. The effect would be the same regardless of being hit by Chara or an average Joe.

Even if all of that is true, I'm pretty sure the same could have been done by character much slower than Beerus. Saying he can keep up with the later seems a bit like speculation.

Tho would be cool if dodging in his sleep would quantifiable, like he had the time to take a a whole nap, waking up in time to dodge and falling asleep right after but yeah.

I'm not saying it's a direct durability feat. I'm saying that, if he was PHYSICALLY as weak as he's made out to be, being sliced in half by a universal+ enemy would have reduced him to atoms. It's because he has no LOVE that a human with killing intent could so easily dispatch of him. The effect would be the same regardless of being hit by Chara or an average Joe.
There's still the fact that he's WAY slower,lazy,and would get killed with one hit

SaikouTouhou said:
Even if all of that is true, I'm pretty sure the same could have been done by character much slower than Beerus. Saying he can keep up with the later seems a bit like speculation.
Tho would be cool if dodging in his sleep would quantifiable, like he had the time to take a a whole nap, waking up in time to dodge and falling asleep right after but yeah.
Again, you have to remember I'm not saying he can "keep up". I'm saying that purely going off speed for a win isn't going to work 100% of the time against an enemy who can not only teleport himself, but also you and any other objects he wishes.

Hyperception said:
There's still the fact that he's WAY slower,lazy,and would get killed with one hit
Yes, he's physically slower and he's lazy, but if he's willing to fight, he's giving it his all. You also have to remember that Beerus would likely die in a few hits, as well. Remember how hard KR messed up Chara after killing only most of the Underground? Now think of how many people Beerus has killed.

It's important to remember I'm not really vouching for either side, right now. I'm just going up to anyone who thinks they know the outcome and questioning it, because in my opinion, this is an incredibly difficult battle to determine that could go either way for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back