• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Australian Classification Board updated info for bayo 3 and in the process, gave a name drop spoiler for a main location of the game and the main villain. I'll include a link in the spoiler.

Main villain's name appears to be "Singularity." Bayonetta and co. will try to "prevent singularity from destroying known worlds," as they travel to an island known as Thule.

Minor thing but the board's notes mention about a character removing their heart to increase their power (Bayonetta). As seen in the July trailer.

https://gamerant.com/bayonetta-3-story-details/

Last edited:
Hows the CRT going? Just curious because Bayo 3 doesnt drop until 2 months from now and I'm deprived of content to argue over.

keep your hopes down, makes it easier to be surprised if Platinum bothers to show anything Bayo related.

Well we are a month away from release so I expect them to start ramping up promotion for the game. Even if it doesn’t show up, it’s not gonna be world crushing disappointment since we already have a good amount of info and a release date.

keeping your hopes down is also easier said than done.

This has been an amazing experience to see

Viola is totally raiden lol she had his up kick and ninja run almost but goddamn this shit is a spectacle

I wonder if the hommonculi are like the angels and have a hierarchy system, or if they’re sort of adaptive to the environment. Since there’s a lot of them.

Regular ones (bipedal)
Flying ones
Big ones
Bigger ones
Ones with long legs

official website: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/axb7a/about/index.html

Has some good stuff on it.

According to a rough translation from deep L, the game starts with a "final battle" taking place in new york with humanity destroyed and demons and angels are exhausted. Bayonetta fights a battle against an unknown entity that is winning against her. Bayonetta survives the battle but is extremely hurt, she shoots a bullet "that contains the last hope of mankind" and then everything is back to normal in the human world (either thanks to the bullet or because it's a flashback to lead up to the events of the bullet).

The interesting bit on the gameplay section of the website, Witch Time is referred to as speeding up time for Bayonetta and making the environment seem slow. I wish they make it more clear.

The interesting bit on the gameplay section of the website, Witch Time is referred to as speeding up time for Bayonetta and making the environment seem slow. I wish they make it more clear.
And then in the guidebooks and promotional material its stated to be a time slow

And then in the guidebooks and promotional material its stated to be a time slow
Probably because it just looks and feels like it should be time slow but it's not supposed to be and is supposed to be or something.

Rough translation of the website description:

The magic of super-accelerating oneself
When dodging an enemy's attack with a single stroke of a finger, the "Witch Time" is triggered by the extreme concentration of the user.
Witch Time" is activated by the power of concentration.
The time around you is super-accelerated to the point where you feel the flow of time around you slowing down.
The enemy is unable to move for a moment, creating an opportunity to counterattack.

自らを超加速する魔導術
敵の攻撃を紙一重でかわすとき、極限まで高められた
集中力によって魔導術「ウィッチタイム」が発動。
周囲の時の流れが遅く感じられるほどの超加速を行い、
敵が身動きできない一瞬の間に反撃のチャンスを作り出す。

and

Super-accelerated magic of retaliation
This is triggered by evading an enemy's attack with a single stroke of the paper.
It super-accelerates so much that the flow of time around it appears to slow down, and strikes back at the enemy who has been exposed to an unprotected state.

報復の超加速魔導術
敵の攻撃を紙一重で回避することで発動する。
周囲の時の流れが遅く見えるほど超加速し、無防備な状態を晒さらした敵に反撃を行う。

There is also some text about Jeanne, Rodin, Luka and Enzo but I can't copy the text for it. I don't think the descriptions for them will tell us anything more about the story or what's going on but it's worth mentioning.

"Bayonetta struts through multiple locations in an all-new, over-the-top climax action game. Sporting a wicked new ensemble and somehow familiar pigtails, the titular Umbra Witch must face a mysterious evil using her signature guns and time-slowing Witch Time ability. "

official website: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/axb7a/about/index.html

Has some good stuff on it.

According to a rough translation from deep L, the game starts with a "final battle" taking place in new york with humanity destroyed and demons and angels are exhausted. Bayonetta fights a battle against an unknown entity that is winning against her. Bayonetta survives the battle but is extremely hurt, she shoots a bullet "that contains the last hope of mankind" and then everything is back to normal in the human world (either thanks to the bullet or because it's a flashback to lead up to the events of the bullet).
that’s cool! The final bullet resetting the world 🫣

Back