• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battlebots (Real Life) page creation discussion

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
I got permission from Antvasima

All right, so. Battlebots, a show about what's essentially giant, weaponized roombas fighting eachother. Good for profiles right? Well it's a bit more complicated then that, the people actually remote controlling these bots generally depict how they act in a fight(Daniel Freitas' extreme aggression for Minotaur and Rey Billings' showboating and villainy for Tombstone to name a couple), the line is even more blurred by the fact we have These Monstrosities as profiles, as they say, two wrongs don't make a right and I personally don't want to make that kind of mistake, and yes I do have a sandbox for Tombstone, probably gonna make one for Minotaur later.

Obviously, the issue is that the driver dictates how they fight, IE, Rey Billings for Tombstone.

I mean, if they're weapon profiles the driver would just be noted under wielders. Weapons don't typically get versus threads iirc so tactics wouldn't necessarily matter here afaik.

This is pretty epic WWE characters might be getting a profile soon so my dad’s two favorite shows will be on the wiki which will be something

WWE immortals and other things is on the wiki, not the IRL wrestling.
Well actually this is talking about the fictional personas for the characters I'm not really comparing the two as they're not really comparable to each other WWE is fictional with fictional personas which is what's being made rn

To explain the issue here, on the one hand we feature real life animals, weapons, and events, if they seem sufficiently significant, and on the other hand we shouldn't feature real life people or their stage personas. So I would appreciate input from other staff members regarding how we should handle this.

@SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Ogbunabali @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou

I still don't believe that we would need to note the People who control them just for the tactics they employ. If these are going to be weapon profiles, then we have all of the stats that are needed for them.

If we had to note the people or how the robot is generally used, then surely a video of the robot in action in the Notes section or something is enough?

I don't see why we would need to reference any IRL people at all if the profile is focused on just the bots.
In that case it is probably fine to feature them, but we should preferably get more input first.

If the tactics are so important then add some clips of fights in the notes or something. I don't see why any normal person is less impressive with them.

Okay you try and drive something that has a control seperate control for both forwards and backwards and left and right. You'd need quite a bit of practice to pull off what the drivers of these things do, even if you have prior knowledge on HOW to do it.

This isn't a case of "Well it could be anyone", this is a case of "The driver literally dictates how the bot acts in combat and usually is the hallmark of the bot."

Daniel Freitas' extreme aggression with his driving is a hallmark of Minotaur, just like Donald Hudson is just as well known as Lockjaw is for driving it.

So add videos of it in combat like I suggested. We aren't making character profiles for regular, real world people because they operate robots.

We also aren't making a character profile for a real world robot just to give it a standard tactics or intelligence section based on the human that controls it.

I was never planning to make them not weapon profiles, not make IRL people files, I'm saying that the people themselves have to be on the file.

I think it was other people proposing WWE profiles; which I believe is against the rules. But I already said the battle bots being weapon profiles is good.

I think them being weapon profiles is fine. We have human piloted/controlled stuff already so it's not really an issue. And them having to have specialized persons controlling them is not something that's incompatible with the wiki. We make a lot of leeway in regards to such things anyway. So yeah, imagining a hypothetical person controlling them perfectly, is not an issue.

You would need to calculate rotational KE for the AP for Tombstone.

Also, weapon profiles are fine for them IMO.

I dunno why WWE would be banned anyways with it being more or less equivalent to a stageplay. We've definitely got those, look at a bunch of classic literature.

More on topic, sure, I guess? A potential issue is that a lot of the robots wouldn't work properly in central park and not allowing the drivers to be noted does make a lot of the wedges and shit useless, but whatever I guess. Not like we don't have weak profiles.

We can just reference the drivers indirectly, without having to name and show them, if that's the problem.

The robots not working properly in Central Park isn't a problem, that's just a default assumption for vs matches, it doesn't affect indexing and the battlefield can be changed.

I mean they genuinely should only be Weapons profiles and not hold references to their operators.

Shouldn't be in Vs. Threads to begin with, except F&G ones, since Battlebot match rules =/= Vs. Thread rules, nowhere should an argument be made that "no you cant just kill the controller thats not allowed coz i say so", and it loops to the issue of us talking about IRL people getting murdered, kinda the main reason IRL files are disallowed.

It seems like the conclusion here is to allow such profile pages as weapons only, but with no references to the names of their real world operators.

I mean they genuinely should only be Weapons profiles and not hold references to their operators.

Shouldn't be in Vs. Threads to begin with, except F&G ones, since Battlebot match rules =/= Vs. Thread rules, nowhere should an argument be made that "no you cant just kill the controller thats not allowed coz i say so", and it loops to the issue of us talking about IRL people getting murdered, kinda the main reason IRL files are disallowed.
Well, there is that and the fact that in theory we are supposed to index popular "official" fiction, not reality, and we originally intended the real world animals, events, and weapons mostly as references for other profile pages, but it has turned increasingly more difficult to define where exactly that we should draw the line.

Well, there is that and the fact that in theory we are supposed to index popular "official" fiction, not reality, and we originally intended the real world animals, events, and weapons mostly as references for other profile pages, but it has turned increasingly more difficult to define where exactly that we should draw the line.
Meh I think we should redefine our standards to be indexing popular, "official" and relevant to vs. debate, since wiki kinda feels like it is shifting to this narrative more

WWE should b 9-C, jus like UFC bc brock lesnar is in both

olympic athletes r ranges 10-A to 9-C

pretty straight forward

...no, WWE is 9-B.
Yeah the body count of tables is just so much even for a single wrestler I feel like WWE talk should preferably be moved to here as these two verses are very different and I feel like it’s derailing this thread a bit so if there’s anything notable to be discussed I’d recommend there as it talks about where it’s talking about the creation of a profiles for the wrestlers of the verse I have a decent of John cena’s profile made on my user blog still need additions to it plus speed feats

I think them being weapon profiles is fine. We have human piloted/controlled stuff already so it's not really an issue. And them having to have specialized persons controlling them is not something that's incompatible with the wiki. We make a lot of leeway in regards to such things anyway. So yeah, imagining a hypothetical person controlling them perfectly, is not an issue.
All right, I think this'd make the most sense.
You would need to calculate rotational KE for the AP for Tombstone.

Also, weapon profiles are fine for them IMO.
Not really hard, but Tombstone's 9 different blades have a few different calcs but only one is the strongest, if you want to double check the statistics on the sandbox I'll be editing later to add various AP feats you can, but you can also calculate Bronco's flipping force: 12,000 pounds of launching force in less than a 100th of a second.

I'll tidy up the page with the AP feats and scans today though

Anyway, I think that the staff consensus here seems to be that the robots themselves are acceptable, but that we shouldn't mention any real life human operators.

Back