• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the Enraged: The Marine vs The Vengeful (8-B Tournament)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Doomguy vs The Meta- two soldiers that will go to any means in order to win.

Second fight in the 8-B tournament going o.

Speed is equalized, characters are bloodlusted, aside from that, SBA applies.

Who wins?

Doomguy: 7 (DarkDragonMedeus, Calaca Vs, Paulo.junior.969, Ricsi-viragosi, Dargoo Faust, WeeklyBattles, Blahblah9755)

The Meta:

Incon (plz no):

EDIT: This is Doomslayer, sorry for not specifying.

Who has more AP here? Meta also has a City level shield, which could help a lot here; Doomguy's Statistics Amplification also sounds useful, depending on how good it is.

1. Maine does have 7-B BUBBLESHIELD, not Overshield. That said, Maine's abilities tax his energy stores heavily, meaning he can't use many of them in conjunction or for very long. Time Stop is probably his best bet, though.

2. DG's Stat Amp is what puts him at 8-B, he's already got that.

3. DG has some of the same abilities (and some that are missing, such as Electricity Manip and Illusion Creation via Holograms).

Doomslayer does have the AP advantage; 41 tons Vs 13 tons of TNT. On top of that, he's also got much more experience and stamina. He's been stomping Hell's strongest demons for milenia; and even defeated the Titan, who is overwhelmingly stronger than Cyberdemon, who can with stand multiple BFG rounds. That being said, Meta's Bubble shields might be helpful, plus he's got a temporary time stop, which would be helpful.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards the big DG.

I will note, DDM is correct, but Maine has two degrees of separation from 13 Tons. Maine has tanked many shots from said 13 tons (not comfortably, since he also got a sniper shot to his neck, but still, this was in a weaker form as well), and stomps people who stomp people who have access to the 13 tons thing.

@Manzi It isn't a tier change so I say yeah. Doesn't make it enter stomp-realm.

Oh! And his shield can be brought down with enough force and doesn't last forever, even without Maine's limitations the shield was being weakened by continual force.

Dunno. We just know he is unquantifiably superior to 13 Tons.

Yeah, I don't think that's closing this gap; Doomguy's gonna beat his ass as soon as the shield drops, and The Meta's gonna have some difficulties to damage someone that much stronger; Time Stop seems to be his best chance here, but the page says it only lasts brief moments.

Doomguy has an AP advantage of 3.15x, so not ridiculously stronger but if the fight comes down to that then yeah.

Meta also has regen and invisibility if that helps. I can't vote or provide my opinion on who wins (staying objective) but I'm knowledgeable on both characters for once so I can provide insight.

Oh, one thing for Maine's shield. He can shoot through it, but enemies can shoot back or enter it.

Far from one-shot, though. And Maine is unquantifiably higher than 13 tons, like we said.

No worries though.

Just gonna point out that Maine's time manip made it take a year for a pelican to crash into the ground when it was already close to the ground

Not sure why it says his time manip only lasts for brief moments

Yeah. Maine's time manip is sorta weird. Inconsistency can probably be blamed on power supply, as when he was low on power it lasted long enough for him to essentially stare at a rocket for a few "seconds" and then walk out of sight.

@Weekly Are you voting Maine, then?

At the moment im not sure im just clearing up the misconception that his time manip only lasts a few moments

Strength Boost would also likely close the gap between them a bit on top o fDoomguy's 8-B stuff only being temporary boosts that can be removed even quicker if he takes too much damage

Hm. I strongly doubt that's how The Meta's timehax would apply in combat, tbh. That put, them being bloodlusted is problematic.

However, I'll be voting Doomguy for now, due to DDM's reasons. I may switch, however, when more light is shed on the timehax issue.

At most it should be a 2x gap considering how much Maine outclasses other 8Bs in his verse. I think he can take it with his time manip. And Weekly's other arguments.

For Phoenix, could you post the video? I don't remember which season that was, sadly.

If only Weekly, Wyoming was legitimately OP. "Hey I'm just gonna make 8000 clones now thanks"

Actually, Doomslayer's 8-B rating is overwhelmingly greater than the 41 ton calc. In canon, he one shot kills Cyberdemons, who are 8-B via taking multiple BFG rounds. Unless this is classic Doomguy, Doomslayer is 8-B naturally and power ups make him 8-A. But let's not use those since that's stomp category.

I mean

Physically he's already using Berserk Stuff since he's 8-B with that but yeah alright.

Berserker is only a temporary boost though

Also just gonna point out that the 8-B feat that everyone scales to is literally for a pistol, the weakest weapon in the verse, whereas Maine uses one of the strongest in the verse the Brute Shot

Like I said, Maine is above the 13 tons by an unknown amount.

@Weekly I think I might know what you were talking about with the time stuff.

After Andy exploded at the end of S5 the pelican didn't crash till the beginning of season 6?

And that was because of time slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back