• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Souls 2: Big Red One

No knowledge on MK, so just from what I've read on the profile, but isn't this an AP stomp for Toshiro?

Ovy7 said:
No knowledge on MK, so just from what I've read on the profile, but isn't this an AP stomp for Toshiro?
Yes, but Shao Kahn has a ton of hax that make durability a non issue and he Shao has Low-Godly regen

well , if toshiro manage to trap him in ice , he most likely win and it is one of it's first action in characther.

But ShaoK have many ways to win just as easily(EE , mind hax etc) , it would just depend on what he usually start with.

Naeblis495 said:
well , if toshiro manage to trap him in ice , he most likely win and it is one of it's first action in characther.
But ShaoK have many ways to win just as easily(EE , mind hax etc) , it would just depend on what he usually start with.
I'm not actually sure, I'll message someone knowledgeable on MK to ask. Does all of Toshiro's body 100% freeze the whole body instantly, or is it just 4 Elements Freeze?

toshiro cut and froze a giant building size sword in a single casual swing of his own sword and have been showned to casually freeze large area in a weaker form .

4 element freeze is a technique that seem to attempt to freeze the target to the core , instead of just incasing it in ice .

As long as the target is envelopped in ice , it's seem to powernull in it's matured bankai state .

so if the target can't break free with sheer AP , he would stay trapped .

Naeblis495 said:
toshiro cut and froze a giant building size sword in a single casual swing of his own sword and have been showned to casually freeze large area in a weaker form .
4 element freeze is a technique that seem to attempt to freeze the target to the core , instead of just incasing it in ice .

As long as the target is envelopped in ice , it's seem to powernull in it's matured bankai state .

so if the target can't break free with sheer AP , he would stay trapped .
Ahhhh, thanks, I actually didn't know what made 4 Elements so special in comparison to the rest of his kit

He definitely has AP advantage, so if he goes for something like that massive wave of ice shard that jut out in front of him and freezes/impales Shao, he's all but toast with the AP gap.

Guess it comes down to what Shao leads with, I'll post this in an MK discussion thread

He doesn't need to launch a wave of ice, as anything cut by the sword automatically freezes and gets its powers nulled.

using ice techniques as first actions seems to be in toshiro characther since the time skip .

Before the time skip , he used cqc much more often as a first action but it seems he was tired of being bodied all the time . He still use CQC , but much less often than before and rarely as an opening move.

Physically touching toshiro in matured bankai is also a bad idea as he could freeze to the core someone as big as gerard in a few seconds just because he was holding him.

Right, I remember having this discussion on a previous thread. Toshiro could just dash towards him and slice him, not only likely completely freezing or encasing Shao in ice, but using his little ice shard circle around him to inflict further damage or catch him if he dodges the blade, but Mature Bankai Toshiro doesn't start with sword slashes, hence my suggestion of the ice wave

Update: after reviewing Shao's combat history myself, in most of his appearances, he tends to start with either melee combat or his energy attacks in that helps anyone decide one way or another

Back