• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm always the one who makes these things. But that's fine.

Anyways, this is going to be a simple thread that gives characters new abilities. Let's begin.

Noob Saibot and Sub-Zero

- I recently found this video where the guy brings up a video game manual for that really old game, Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero. It's a prequel to the very first MK in the original timeline, and within it I found something interesting.

It seems that Bi-Han is able to generate ice as cold as -500┬░F which should also scale to his brother, Kuai Liang, since they're the same kind of stands as both have been training with their ice powers since childhood. Absolute Zero should be in both of the brothers' 9-A keys.

Bi-Han should possess Limited Invulnerability, Invisibility, and the ability to read any map/inscription written in an unknown language. He should also be able to hit elemental intangibility users as he was able to punch and kick the shit out of the Water and Fire God. He can freeze them to make them tangible, though, but at least he punched his way through those guys. This should apply to his Low 7-C key only.

In conclusion, for Bi-Han he gets Temporary Invulnerability, Temporary Invisibility and Elemental Intangibility Interaction in his Low 7-C key and Absolute Zero in his Bi-Han's and Kuai Liang's 9-A key.

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

- Here at 0:57, Scorpion summons the undead Shirai Ryu to kill Taven. They are named as "Hellspawn" and the ones who cast hellfire from a distance are called "Hellspawn Diabolist". Here at 3:21, he can also summo giant flaming skulls that breathe hellfire and spit out exploding skulls as well. This is clearly Necromancy since he can summon the dead to aid him in battle. I listed it as Hellspawn Summoning but didn't know that these guys were undead. Something I really overlooked. He should have Dimensional Travel according to MK4 as he was free from the Netherrealm and can go to almost any place he wants. Thanks to this, he can freely travel from the Netherrealm to Earthrealm, Outworld, Edenia, etc.

At 9:45, Scorpion can BFR without touching his opponent. Nice.

And he should have Resistance to extreme heat attacks, as shown here. Makes sense since he wasn't even charred when a possessed Raiden struck him with lightning.

Scorpion says here at 1:31:51 that he knows Shujinko has obtained the dark taint of the Netherrealm which can only be seen by looking into the soul. This could be a form of Extrasensory Perception.

In conclusion, Scorpion gets Extrasensory Perception, Dimensional Travel, Necromancy and Resistance to Extreme Heat in his 9-A key. He now gains Type 4 Immortality in his High 7-C key.

Raiden (Mortal Kombat)

- At 5:04, Raiden creates a portal to the Netherrealm for Sub-Zero to start his quest. It's definitely Portal Creation. Nuff said. About him having Spatial Manipulation, which is listed as Dimensional Manipulation, this one is different since his dimension manip says that he destroys the gateways connecting Outworld and Earthrealm, preventing any passage between those two realms, effectively cutting them off from each other.

And the warriors that didn't have their soul stolen thanks to Raiden should have resistance to soul manipulation as well.

The Unrestricted characters of the verse should have Non-Physical Interaction as they can both fight with each other in their forms made of pure energy.

In conclusion, Raiden gets Portal Creation in his Low 7-C key and in his 5-B key, he gets Non-Physical Interaction for being able to fight the non-corporeal and unrestricted Shinnok. Warriors whose souls weren't stolen should have Resistance to Soul Manipulation

Shinnok

- Here, Shinnok can turn into a dark smoke which gives him Intangibility.

Sindel, Jade (Mortal Kombat), Kitana, Rai and Mileena

-
They get Longevity for having extremely long lifespans and they age very slowly as well.

The Elder Gods

- Speaking of which, Elder Gods should have Power Nullification and Statistics Reduction for bringing Shinnok to Low 7-C/7-C from 5-B as well as taking away his powers.

Shao Kah and his goons

- Holy shit, Shao Kah is Reinhard Heydrich as you can see in Shang Tsung's bio (I suggest you read all of it so that you won't miss any details):

"In an instant, Raiden's blast destroyed us all! Our souls intertwined, we did battle in the ether. But I was drawn away by a magic more powerful than death. My essence returned to Outworld, where I found myself face to face with Shao Kahn! He was alive! Quan Chi and I had slain him in his fortress -- or so we thought. Yet here he stood. At his side was the Shokan prince, Goro! My ghostly visage startled them at first, but Shao Kahn knew what had transpired. Long ago I had pledged my soul to the emperor. That pledge was binding even beyond death. But if he were to die, so too would those who served him. At the time I believed it to be merely another empty vow, yet here I am. My soul has returned from beyond to rejoin Shao Kahn. He had need of me. But I required a host body in which my soul could reside. At the flesh pits, he forged for me a new body. It was weak and grotesque to behold, but it functioned well enough. I craved mortal souls to heal and fortify my new flesh. I found more than enough at a place all too familiar to me: the village where Li Mei was born. I consumed each peasant's life force as Shao Kahn and Goro slew them one by one. I was renewed! Shao Kahn then commanded me to aid him in an assault on occupying Edenian forces, in an effort to retake his stronghold. United once more, Shao Kahn, Goro and I laid waste to all who stood in our way! In a flurry of brute strength and magic, we forced our way up to the throne room. The door was reinforced by some magical spell, but it was no match for our combined might. With a final swing of Shao Kahn's hammer, the door was breached, and Shao Kahn was Emperor of Outworld once more. Though I am bound to him eternally, an opportunity has arisen that might give me the means to free myself. It seems Quan Chi has also survived death, and he has brought word from Shinnok of a plan to take a mighty power for the Forces of Darkness. If I claim that prize for myself, I could sever my bond with Shao Kahn! Until that time, I will continue to play my role as his servant and redirect any suspicions he may have of betrayal to others within our new dark alliance. Once I have the power and I am free of Shao Kahn, I will finish him and finally take the throne of Outworld for myself!"

So, what can we get from this?

Shao Kahn's goons who pledged their souls to him get Type 8 Immortality, as they cannot die as long as Shao Kahn exists. If he were to die, his servants become vulnerable to death. However, they need to reunite with a physical body as a vessel for their souls, otherwise they remain as a spirit. The Gamecube version contradicts this as Shao Kahn wasn't really killed by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, but they killed a mere clone. I do not think we should use this as the Gamecube version came after the original release. So, we should remove Clone Creation from his abilities.

Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung and Ermac should get:

Age Manipulation since souls taken from others can revitalize the elderly, rotten or weak looking people and Memory Manipulation since soul stealers can gain a soul's memory once absorbed also gaining whatever they learned in life, Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation and Longevity (Shao already has this but not the others). Because of the many souls with all of their combined knowledge together, they should all have Genius Intelligence scaling to Ermac.

Shao Kahn seems to be able to create a body of flesh and blood for Shang Tsung as well, it's not combat applicable but it's a notable power. Probably Body Creation.

I just realized Shao Kahn has pretty good mindhax since he was able to mind control Ermac, a being composed of many souls, at least thousands of minds.

And, Shang Tsung has portal based BFR, as shown here at 32:37

Feats:

Taven sidestepping a meteorite

Havik using the Amulet of Shinnok to blow up a ship which results in a large explosion that moves some clouds

Possessed Sub-Zero unleashes a massive ice blast

Scorpion doing some pretty fast teleport

More coming soon.

I heard that the 7-C calc was recalced to High 7-C, right?. Also, i suppose these are fine for the original timeline and running by creating afterimages is Subsonic.

I think it's also good to mention we should have those Deviantart feats redone if possible since there could be some good stuff there.

Also since Nightewolf can summon lightning could that serve as an upgrade for the Old Timelines low tiers? I also found a mountain level statement in the comics (I'll get back to u with the source)

If Nightwolf summons real cloud to ground lightning and the other char. can take these blast, i suppose it's 8-C or 8-C+, the mountain level statement is likely Fujin saying that he could tear down a mountai, but we don't know how much time, how many hits and how big this mountain is, through as High 7-C he can easily ruin a mountain with several attacks.

Indeed the mountain statement is Fujin's. I feel we can assume it's baseline tho because he never mentions or even implies it's overtime.

Nice

Of course the fact you had to dig into mythology of all things is oofworthy but hey M O R E H A X

City busting? He didn't even destroy all of it. At best he should be 8-B since he shook the temple they were in and did massive damage to Kintaro's army, but afterwards he was easily killed (not sure if he died from that) or injured by Sonya with a goddamn shotgun.

Speaking of which, does this count as Regenerationn Nullification up to Mid regen? Havik didn't regen from that, and Quan Chi easily killed him by stepping on his head.

Guns are still yhe most powerful weapon in fiction

Also, I found a pretty good feat that could scale to High 7-C versions of Shinnok, Raiden and Shao Kahn. Havik uses the amulet to trigger the explosives of a ship and causes a huge explosion which moves away a few clouds. Probably Explosion Manipulation given that he triggered the explosives

Here

Good

Also, just eyeballing based on what I know from the JoJo explosion calc, it's probably a bit feat. I don't see it getting beyond Large Town.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
City busting? He didn't even destroy all of it. At best he should be 8-B since he shook the temple they were in and did massive damage to Kintaro's army, but afterwards he was easily killed (not sure if he died from that) or injured by Sonya with a goddamn shotgun.
Except he was twice stated as being able to bring down the city (By Kotal Kah and Kano respectively with Kano having no reason to actually lie) though he does have a calcable feat here if the city statements are not used.

Also might I suggest that somebody calcs thisfeat from Sub Zero? I also have this supporting feat for the Shokan characters which I think at the very least would be a good supporting feat.

Except that this explosion parted some large clouds.

And I found even more abilities for Scorpion. In MK: Deception, Shujinko meets Scorpion in the Netherrealm, and Scorpion quickly notices that Shujinko's soul doesn't have the evil taint of the Netherrealm. Scorpion was also able to find Quan Chi no matter where he went, so I guess this is really good Extrasensory Perception.

I trust Dark649's sense of judgement regarding Mortal Kombat.

Hmm, that feat of Sub-Zero countering "3000 degrees" flames is hard to calc since Sektor doesn't say if he meant 3000 degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius and that's very important, and I doubt it will upgrade Sub-Zero or Sektor. For Sub-Zero creating a massive ice blast, it's probably somewhere in Tier 9 or 8 judging by the looks of it and the feat where Sub-Zero freezes multiple cyborgs looks hard to calc as well.

I'd assume it's Fahrenheit since it's the predominantly used unit in the US where this comic was written and published (So I assume that's what they mean). Plus It's more a supporting eat then anything.

Well, we can't just say that it's Fahrenheit because it was made in a country that uses the US customary unit system anyway. Anyone from America can make their character uses Celsius if they want.

True but I sincerely doubt they intended Celsius since many are not familiar with the Celsius system at all in America

Nah man, not like all Americans have no idea about the ISU. Besides the feet looks a lot like a High 8-C feat and Sub-Zero's other feats like making a giant ice blast is much better.

I'd like to ask where Shinnok and The Elder Gods get time manipulation and acausality again? The pages are extremely old and I might have to remove them unless there's proof.

iirc it's because the mk verse is the "one beings" unconscious dream. and since a universe is a 4D construct the elder gods breaking him apart way back when should scale

tho shinnok got max nerfed so he doesn't get any of that nor do I think he ever gets his elder god status back outside of non cannon endings

Side note: anyone remember how the whole plot to armageddon was the mk cast getting too powerful and destroying the realms while they fight.....no....just me......ok

>iirc it's because the 'mk' verse is the "one beings" unconscious dream. and since a universe is a 4D construct the elder gods breaking him apart way back when should scale

I'm too dumb for multi-dimensional whatevers, I would appreciate somesimple explanation.

>tho 'shinnok' got max nerfed so he doesn't get any of that nor do I think he ever gets his elder god status back outside of 'non' 'cannon' endings

Speaking of which, Elder Gods should have Power Nullification and Statistics Reduction for bringing Shinnok to Low 7-C/7-C from 5-B as well as taking away his powers.

>Side note: anyone 'remember' how the whole plot to 'armageddon' was the 'mk' cast getting too powerful and destroying the realms while they fight.....no....just me......ok

Nah, I remember this. Easily.

Back