• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Relativistic MK is an outlier and like i already said only those comparable to Raiden scales, the others are where they are currently rated.

Superhuman = pretty much everyone who is low tier and haven't fought Kabal

Subsonic = Low tier who fought Kabal

At least Subsonic = Restricted bois, Sub Zero, Scorpion, those Mid tier

Just because the Mid Tiers are stronger than Kabal [seemingly the only one who has Subsonic speed normally] doesn't mean they are faster unless they fought.

About that video you linked, should Raiden and Shang Tsung have Limited Intangibility based on their X-Ray attacks? Shang Tsung phases his hands into the enemy's chest and crushes their ribs while Raiden can hold onto the spine and electrocute it.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Also they might become Relativistic since DMUA did a calc of Scorpion teleporting and grabbing Takeda without getting hit by the lightning though I question the calc if it can be used
DMUA said:
You clearly see the dude getting grappled by Raiden go "AAHH", indicating he's taking damage from the lightning. So Scorpion didn't really intercept it, he just grabbed them before it really started hurting.

Possibly (I mean them creating a body is a consequence of their True Forns which seems to extend to their mortal selves)

"The name Raiden is actually that of a deity known as the Thunder God. It is rumored he received a personal invitation by Shang Tsung himself and took the form of a human to compete in the Tournament."

"As Earth's sworn protector, Raiden finds himself banished in the merger between Earth and Outworld. When the Elder Gods refuse to assist him in aiding the Earth, he is forced to take matters into his own hands. He transforms himself into a mortal warrior to fight alongside his human comrades - this time risking his place in the pantheon of gods and giving up his own immortality."

These bios from MK1 and MK Trilogy give Raiden and his fellow gods Shapeshifting since he can turn into a human from his shapeless and ethereal god form.

"Centuries ago I defeated an ancient sect of necromancers, the Houan. Though their members subsequently were scattered to the winds, their ancient underground temple still existed, abandoned and unused for ages. On the stone walls within were etched enchantments that would revive the dead. Strewn about were the enchanted chains of binding the Houan would use to control their undead. I laid the corpse of Liu Kang on a ceremonial altar and bound it with the shackles. Reciting the unholy enchantments, I brought to life the body of my former ally and infused it with a thunderclap of lightning. The corpse of Liu Kang would be no mere zombie; it would serve as my ultimate enforcer. Satisfied, I then set free this abomination to wreak havoc on those who have done harm to Earthrealm."

Raiden should have Necromancy judging by this bio from MK Armageddon. Nice ability, but not in character for him sadly and he needs prep to use this ability.

"As the shaman of my tribe, my connection with the supernatural has been interrupted by visions of a dark presence. To confront this foe, I have assumed the role of Sin-Eater to absorb the sins of my tribesmen. I must embrace this corruption, though I will eventually become a threat to those I care for. It is a necessary evil if I am to save the realms. The Sin-Eater ritual has corrupted my soul and will therefore allow me to enter the Netherrealm. There I will implement my plans to defeat Onaga. The sins I have absorbed have poisoned my temperament, however, and I have forced myself into exile until my task is complete in the depths of Hell."

"Nightwolf has foreseen the coming of the Dragon King in his dreams. To defeat this new menace, he must corrupt his own soul and enter the Netherrealm. The process will alter his temperament and make him a danger to even his allies. He must travel alone if he is to succeed."

Nightwolf could have Precognition or Clairvoyance since he has predicted the resurrection of Onaga in his dreams.

"Nightwolf had traversed realms and fought many demons to get to this place deep within the Netherrealm. Using knowledge passed to him from his forefathers, he drew a binding symbol on the ground and chanted the ancient words that would draw the spirit of the Dragon King to this wicked place. Nightwolf had carried the burden long enough. He released the sins of his people into the mystic symbol, and their weight bound Onaga to the Netherrealm. Free of the corruption he had harbored for so long, Nightwolf was expelled from the depths of the Netherrealm and into the unknown."

From this canon ending, Nightwolf has some sort of Soul-Based BFR which requires prep to use.

"The warrior known as Reptile had served Shao Kahn not knowing that the Emperor had destroyed his home realm of Zaterra. Many years later, Reptile's body was possessed by the soul of the Dragon King and was transformed to resemble the former ruler of Outworld."

"Despite the strong sulfurous stench that filled the chamber, Reptile could smell that Nitara and Cyrax had been there recently. There was no sign of them now, except for some scattered glass shards and a residual trace of strong magical energies. His revenge would have to wait. Suddenly, an expectant hush filled the chamber as energy cascaded around what appeared to be a dragon embryo. The tiny dragon stretched and the egg cracked. A beam of energy ripped out from inside and lanced into Reptile. His world was filled with roaring power as his squamous body was twisted and transformed. The ancient prophecy had been fulfilled: the Dragon King had returned."

Here, Onaga gains Possession, Shapeshifting and Type 6 Immortality since he was able to possess Reptile and use his body as a vessel for his soul, hence the reptilian appearance of Onaga.

So uh, should we trust what Li Mei says here? She claims that the Amulet of Shinnok is capable of erasing entire armies and its power was demonstrated when Mileena used it against Kotal but failed, "erasing" three Outworld soldiers.

Funny how Kano survives getting lethal injuries like getting his skull cracked, having his left eye punctured and getting stabbed in the back. Type 2 Immortality or nah?

Also Resistance to Disease Manipulation since he wasn't infected when he drank the blood of Spanish soldiers unlike the Mayans.

Bullet timer Cassie? Could be a good calc.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
So uh, should we trust what Li Mei says here? She claims that the Amulet of Shinnok is capable of erasing entire armies and its power was demonstrated when Mileena used it against Kotal but failed, "erasing" three Outworld soldiers.
Funny how Kano survives getting lethal injuries like getting his skull cracked, having his left eye punctured and getting stabbed in the back. Type 2 Immortality or nah?

Also Resistance to Disease Manipulation since he wasn't infected when he drank the blood of Spanish soldiers unlike the Mayans.

Bullet timer Cassie? Could be a good calc.
How about these?

It think it was more due to the destructive power of the amulet rather than existance erasure, calcing it would be ok.

Nah.

Yes.

Likely, she does react to the shots.

We really need a profile for Ferra/Torr. They have stats that scale to other 8-Bs like Cassie and her team, complete with AP, speed and dura. I could make a draft if you want.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
"The name Raiden is actually that of a deity known as the Thunder God. It is rumored he received a personal invitation by Shang Tsung himself and took the form of a human to compete in the Tournament."
"As Earth's sworn protector, Raiden finds himself banished in the merger between Earth and Outworld. When the Elder Gods refuse to assist him in aiding the Earth, he is forced to take matters into his own hands. He transforms himself into a mortal warrior to fight alongside his human comrades - this time risking his place in the pantheon of gods and giving up his own immortality."

These bios from MK1 and MK Trilogy give Raiden and his fellow gods Shapeshifting since he can turn into a human from his shapeless and ethereal god form.

"Centuries ago I defeated an ancient sect of necromancers, the Houan. Though their members subsequently were scattered to the winds, their ancient underground temple still existed, abandoned and unused for ages. On the stone walls within were etched enchantments that would revive the dead. Strewn about were the enchanted chains of binding the Houan would use to control their undead. I laid the corpse of Liu Kang on a ceremonial altar and bound it with the shackles. Reciting the unholy enchantments, I brought to life the body of my former ally and infused it with a thunderclap of lightning. The corpse of Liu Kang would be no mere zombie; it would serve as my ultimate enforcer. Satisfied, I then set free this abomination to wreak havoc on those who have done harm to Earthrealm."

Raiden should have Necromancy judging by this bio from MK Armageddon. Nice ability, but not in character for him sadly and he needs prep to use this ability.

"As the shaman of my tribe, my connection with the supernatural has been interrupted by visions of a dark presence. To confront this foe, I have assumed the role of Sin-Eater to absorb the sins of my tribesmen. I must embrace this corruption, though I will eventually become a threat to those I care for. It is a necessary evil if I am to save the realms. The Sin-Eater ritual has corrupted my soul and will therefore allow me to enter the Netherrealm. There I will implement my plans to defeat Onaga. The sins I have absorbed have poisoned my temperament, however, and I have forced myself into exile until my task is complete in the depths of Hell."

"Nightwolf has foreseen the coming of the Dragon King in his dreams. To defeat this new menace, he must corrupt his own soul and enter the Netherrealm. The process will alter his temperament and make him a danger to even his allies. He must travel alone if he is to succeed."

Nightwolf could have Precognition or Clairvoyance since he has predicted the resurrection of Onaga in his dreams.

"Nightwolf had traversed realms and fought many demons to get to this place deep within the Netherrealm. Using knowledge passed to him from his forefathers, he drew a binding symbol on the ground and chanted the ancient words that would draw the spirit of the Dragon King to this wicked place. Nightwolf had carried the burden long enough. He released the sins of his people into the mystic symbol, and their weight bound Onaga to the Netherrealm. Free of the corruption he had harbored for so long, Nightwolf was expelled from the depths of the Netherrealm and into the unknown."

From this canon ending, Nightwolf has some sort of Soul-Based BFR which requires prep to use.

"The warrior known as Reptile had served Shao Kahn not knowing that the Emperor had destroyed his home realm of Zaterra. Many years later, Reptile's body was possessed by the soul of the Dragon King and was transformed to resemble the former ruler of Outworld."

"Despite the strong sulfurous stench that filled the chamber, Reptile could smell that Nitara and Cyrax had been there recently. There was no sign of them now, except for some scattered glass shards and a residual trace of strong magical energies. His revenge would have to wait. Suddenly, an expectant hush filled the chamber as energy cascaded around what appeared to be a dragon embryo. The tiny dragon stretched and the egg cracked. A beam of energy ripped out from inside and lanced into Reptile. His world was filled with roaring power as his squamous body was twisted and transformed. The ancient prophecy had been fulfilled: the Dragon King had returned."

Here, Onaga gains Possession, Shapeshifting and Type 6 Immortality since he was able to possess Reptile and use his body as a vessel for his soul, hence the reptilian appearance of Onaga.

Yeah, I guess all the Netherrealmers should have it except the newcomers like the Revenants.

And it bothers me that Nightwolf and other people have Above Average intelligence, I'm going to explain why some of them have Gifted intelligence:

"Character that demonstrate high reasoning ability, can master concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capability in intellectual, creative, or specific academic fields."

Nightwolf: "Works as a historian and preserver of his people's culture. When Kahn's portal opens over North America, Nightwolf uses the magics of his shaman to protect the tribe's sacred land. This area becomes a vital threat to Kahn's occupation of the Earth."

Nightwolf stands out in the fields of magic/shaman arts and is a historian of his own culture.

You need to be a genius in these fields if you're going to do dangerous spells like corrupting your soul without getting corrupted. As an expert, Nightwolf easily did this and completed it unharmed.

Jax and Sonya: They are high ranking officers in the Special Forces, which is an elite fighting force dedicated to the global protection of Earthrealm from interdimensional threats.

Clearly being a high ranking officer in a military organization that is above the army needs that kind of intelligence.

Kung Lao: Should scale to Bo' Rai Cho and Liu Kang since he was trained by the former who trained the latter as well, they should be equally skilled but canonically Kang is stronger.

Kotal Kahn: Kahn is a wise emperor who has lead Outworld back to its former glory, beings like Ermac who possess the knowledge of thousands of Edenians have said that he is a suitable ruler for Outworld.

"No longer will I entrust the safety of Earthrealm to the free will of mankind. The time has come to take matters into my own hands. Centuries ago I defeated an ancient sect of necromancers, the Houan. Though their members subsequently were scattered to the winds, their ancient underground temple still existed, abandoned and unused for ages. On the stone walls within were etched enchantments that would revive the dead. Strewn about were the enchanted chains of binding the Houan would use to control their undead. I laid the corpse of Liu Kang on a ceremonial altar and bound it with the shackles. Reciting the unholy enchantments, I brought to life the body of my former ally and infused it with a thunderclap of lightning. The corpse of Liu Kang would be no mere zombie; it would serve as my ultimate enforcer. Satisfied, I then set free this abomination to wreak havoc on those who have done harm to Earthrealm. Though I tried to conceal my activities, my use of the dark energies did not go unnoticed. Shinnok appeared before me and proposed an alliance. He would help secure the protection of Earthrealm in return for my aid in some undisclosed plot. I am no fool. I know well the treachery of this former Elder God. I accepted his offer and will complete this task, but only to discover his true objective. Until then, I will use Shinnok to serve my own ends."

The underlined quote states that Shinnok has Extrasensory Perception and is also a creepy stalker. He just came out of nowhere while Raiden was just trying to do some necromancy in peace. Seriously, he sensed these energy signatures even while far away thus he has this ability.

The suggested abilities of the Elder Gods are fine, same for the intelligence upgrades. Shinnok might was studying Raiden behaviour since he def. got the Fallen Elder God attention by performing dark based stuff, Shao Kahn attempt of stealing souls failed so its possible that Scorpion resisted it in the original timeline while the Earthrealmers were protected by Raiden, in the new timeline Quan Chi obtained their souls because Raiden was too busy trying to realize while the amulet constantly cracked.

Do you think the One Being has Type 1 Abstract Existence? He embodies magic itself.

Taken from the Abstract Existence page:

"Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars."

Also Onaga could have Type 6 Immortality, Possession and Shapeshifting, while Nightwolf gets Precognition/Clairvoyance as well as Soul Based BFR but needs prep giving him some minor Preparation.

Raiden gets Necromancy but needs prep to use it. He also has Shapeshifting since his true form must change into a human form when entering a mortal realm.

Back