• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach vs Mortal Kombat! Vs Battle Wiki Soccer Tier 7 Tournament - Round 1, Match 1

df3352f7-1758-4004-9976-5f8d81784735
8b544f8c-d8f6-4097-a8a3-8352b1be32b8

"The opponents before us now are worthy. It's heart, not blood, that makes them soccer players..."

-Scorpion

"So this is something humans do in the World of The Living? Not as fun as cutting shit up with

my sword, but not completely boring either. Alright big guy. You look strong, so try and make this interesting for a while eh?"

-Kenpachi

Annnnnd here we are folks! The time has come for us to begin the next generation of vs debating! The practice of vs soccer!
And what better way to start this off then introducing the first match of the Tier 7 Vs Soccer Tournament! In the left corner,
we have the fate-deciding warriors of Mortal Kombat!! And in the right corner, we have the powerful spiritual-warriors of Bleach!
It's time to analyze these characters strengths, abilities, and skills, to see who would win...a vs soccer game!

Tier: 7

Team Mortal Kombat:

Goalie:

Forwards:

Mid-fielders:

Defenders:

Extra Players:

Team Bleach:

Goalie:

Orihime Inoue

Defenders:

Toshiro Hitsugaiya
Uryu Ishida
Menos Grande

Midfielders:

Byakuya Kuchiki
Kaname Tosen
Guenael Lee

Forwards:

Yoruichi Shihoin
Sui-Feng
Kenpachi Zaraki
Yasutora Sado

Extras:

Yukio Hans Vorarlberna​

Team To Start Kickoff:

Mortal Kombat team

Additional Rules:

-Both teams are in character
-No direct attacking allowed
-Winner: Whichever team is more likely to score more
points or has the better viable strategies, formations, etc.

Soccer Field Location:

Abandoned Clover Kingdom Royal Capital

fe64daeb-edd4-46ef-837e-257fb14009ce

Wish both teams the best of luck, and everyone to have fun, as we officially kick off the tier 7 vs soccer tournament!!!!

Team Mortal Kombat votes: 8 (KingTempest, Ollegetor, MonkeyOfLife, LordGinSama, Lou_Change, Arc7Kuroi, Joshpiece, and Imouto-tan

Team Bleach votes: 2 (Green1W 7 Ovy7)

Inconclusive:

Winner:

Mortal Kombat

Last edited:
Well you guys could still debate which teams strikers would have higher AP.

Even if its not a death battle, higher AP to break through defenses and things like that would still be allowed.

Orihime as a goalie guarantees an incon at least due to the hax aspect of her barrier I’d say. The ball would just be sent back.

Not sure about the mortal kombat team but I’d imagine they’d have difficulty taking the ball from the bleach team due to things like flash step they would be able to incorporate on the way to the goal.

But most importantly will they be going against an invisible team?

I vote Bleach. Not being able to see who you're going up against and having a barrier block your opponents' goal doesn't seem like something the MK team can deal with.

So I guess the characters are restricted to their Tier 7 keys, right? Well, Orihime's Tier 7 key is the Arrancar Arc one where her shield is strong enough to stop a strike from base Ulquiorra who is High 6-C. So I guess that's one hell of a goalkeeper.

In terms of Forwards/Attackers, team Bleach I think has the advantage in AP, with everyone bar Chad being 7-A (actually, Chad has no Tier 7 key, so why is he here?), while the MK ones are 7-B.

I think that the Bleach team has the most chances to score goals, but keep in mind I've only focused on AP/dura, so I don't know if the MK team has some exoteric abilities that let them that the advantage.

This is actually quite fun, ngl.

It would have been interesting if the teams also had a trainer/manager/tactician (dunno which english word is more correct). Imagine Urahara, Mayuri, or Aizen in that position xD
You should see Bleaches Tier 6 team then lol

with everyone bar Chad being 7-A (actually, Chad has no Tier 7 key, so why is he here?), while the MK ones are 7-B.
Oof to this also. I could’ve sworn Chad had a tier 7 key when I added him so that’s my fault.

You could replace him with Yukio or another tier 7 if u want.

I guess Yukio could be helpful in sealing the MK team inside his pocket dimension for a moment.

Also, Guenael Lee is pretty broken, IMO, tnx to his Schrift who allows him to not only become invisible to people with extra-sensory perceptions, but also erase himself out of existence. He could just take the ball and go to the net likely without the MK team ever knowing what's happening.

Could the BFR be used in a way that stops passes or attacks from getting the ball to score in the goal?

(If so then its ofc allowed and fair game).

Well, I putted quan Chi for goalie for reason, he can just create portals to transfer balls to other side of football arena. Scorpion and other characters can teleport spam as stated above.
Can I see how forcefield works?

But most importantly will they be going against an invisible team?
Scorpion, Shinnok, Raiden, and Shao Khan can see souls, and Raiden + Shang Tsung have Telepathy, they'll be able to communicate w/ the team.
So wait, can Kenpachi just take his eyepatch off and then just blitz everyone? lmao
Quan Chi has statistics reduction.
Do any of the Mortal Kombat characters have enough strength to shatter the forcefield? If not, Bleach might take this.
Half of them can switch the forcefield or her Shun Shun Rikka, or her in general with something/someone else.
I guess Yukio could be helpful in sealing the MK team inside his pocket dimension for a moment.
And they can all leave and send him to the Netherrealm.
I don’t think this would work. Her abilities works by rejecting phenomena and events. The portals would likely just be rejected.
Isn't this when they're being focused on, like Grimmjow's arm?
And can her very few Shun Shun Rikka defend/reject a plethora of BFR portals?

Also, Taven can stop time, what is half of the Bleach team doing while time is stopped?

Last edited:
Usually she uses it as a triangular forward barrier. But she can make it can make a dome as well. Let's just say she can alter the shape.
well then what stops scorpion let's say, hitting ball up (Since I believe in football you shouldn't touch ball by hands but you still can hit ball at any direction including up), and teleporting until reaching the gates.

Or for Quan Chi straight forwardly make a portal to gates through a portal to his own gates so if someone would hit the ball to his own gates he creates portal and ball is getting teleported to bleach team gates?

There's likely answer on CM but still.

Here's what'll happen.

If MK gets the ball at all, portal into goal behind Orihime.

If Orihime's an issue, teleport her or BFR her.

I vote for MK

well then what stops scorpion let's say, hitting ball up (Since I believe in football you shouldn't touch ball by hands but you still can hit ball at any direction including up), and teleporting until reaching the gates.

Or for Quan Chi straight forwardly make a portal to gates through a portal to his own gates so if someone would hit the ball to his own gates he creates portal and ball is getting teleported to bleach team gates?

There's likely answer on CM but still.
Because she has a dome shaped barrier that will just reject it.

Uhh nope. Again her ability is causality manipulation. She can switch the mechanics of what it does at will.

Reject. Restore, and Erase according to Aizen.

Edit - And as for timestop it only last 7 seconds, his range is like meters at most, and the battlefield is a city. I don't see what that does.

Toshiro can freeze everyone here, Tosen can make a dome wiping all senses but touch or just activate his Shikai knocking everyone out.

Last edited:
Uhh nope. Again her ability is casualty manipulation. She can switch the mechanics of what it does at will.

Reject. Restore, and Erase according to Aizen.
Question.
What stops her Shun Shun Rikka from getting teleported?

Because if the source of her powers are gone... oof
Edit - And as for timestop it only last 7 seconds, his range is like meters at most, and the battlefield is a city. I don't see what that does.
Fair point, forgot about that.
Toshiro can freeze everyone here,
How cold is his Ice.
Tosen can make a dome wiping all senses but touch.
What stops him from getting BFR'd?

In fairness to the time stop point, just so it's reiterated, the soccer field here is all of the Clover Kingdom's Royal Capital (abandoned).

So both teams could also do things like hide behind or inside of the buildings or use the buildings to their advantage for cover or obstacles, things like that. And with buildings as obstacles, it could be easier for one or the other to trap team members who are passing or kicking the ball.

Just to point this out about the soccer field so that there's more room for strategic arguments.

Question.
What stops her Shun Shun Rikka from getting teleported?
Her hairpins? How would they know her hairpins are her source of power? They're also invisible to those not spiritually aware so assuming one of MK fighters with spiritual awareness comes up to her how would they know this?
Because if the source of her powers are gone... oof

Fair point, forgot about that.

How cold is his Ice.
Don't think it has a statement until EOS besides he cold.
What stops him from getting BFR'd?
Uhh I mean nothing stops the other from using abilities. But like I said Tosen could just knock people out via activating Shikai let alone Bankai.

Plus Shinigami can come back from BFR (unless it's like to an EE void).

Back