• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shao Kahn vs Sigmar Heldenhammer

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Sigmar Heldenhammer, transported mysteriously to Earthrealm joined the Mortal Kombat Tournament and decimated all of Outworld's kombatants, now faced with beating Shao Kahn, with an opportunity to return home within his grasp Sigmar prepares for battle.

Both have prior knowledge

Speed equal

Start 10 meters away

Battle takes place at a Mortal Kombat Tournament

Shao Kahn: 0

Sigmar Heldenhammer: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
First question, how does Sigmar fight?

I've read he aims for the head, but is he more of an agile or sluggish fighter? And how tall is he?

And here we go! I've already notified the Warhammer Fantasy knowledgeables that can answer better then me

While I wait for their replies, I'm going to give some more inputs.

First, Sigmar has the AP advantage, since he apparently ranges between 8 to 12 tons, while Shao sits at 6-7.

This is already a disadvantage for Shao, since his fighting style focuses on overpowering and pressuring the opponents while withstanding their hits, and so far we haven't seen him fighting one whose blows are notably heavier than his, which might make it difficult for Shao to employ his usual tactic.
Although given previous knowledge, Shao should be more careful, although I can't think of any in-character way to deal with it.

LS-wise Shao absolutely destroys Sigmar, and as I said, overpowering the opponent, especially with grapples and throws, is something Shao does very often.
Given previous knowledge, Shao would likely try to seize any opportunity to grab Sigmar, while him would, in turn, try to avoid it, maybe with a hit-and-run tactic using his superior AP, assuming he knows and is willing to do it.

Skill-wise I can't talk yet, since most of it depends on what the Warhammer supporters will tell me.
Shao isn't that skilled on his own, and even then he's rather clumsy and doesn't perform well against fast and agile opponents.
By MK11, Shao fights mainly with his hammer (while in MK9 he was more of a h2h guy), and from what I see he has slight more range, tho I don't think it would be a great advantage, and it also depends on Sigmar's height.

Hax-wise, I really need input from supporters.
Shao doesn't use much of his supernatural powers in combat, and the most useful abilities are summoning his Dark Priests and weapons, giving him the option to counter situation where he is disarmed.
Even creating energy spears is useful, especially for ranged combat.

Speaking of Sigmar, would Ghal Maraz's abilities work on Shao Kahn? He is absolutely an evil being, but he isn't a Warhammer daemon.
We also need to establish if Shao's Wrath Hammer is considered a magical weapon, but I doubt it, since it has never displayed any special property.
If they work, Shao Kahn's pretty much screwed, since Dura Neg would kill Shao, and the hammer's presence would both cause him pain and prevent him from looking at it, hindering him immensely in battle.
Also, creating a shockwave to make Kahn trip could leave him open to a clear hit.

Finally, immort type 2, good stamina and the God King repleneshing Sigmar's stamina, make him more than capable of withstanding a battle with Shao and likely even outlasting him.

Last edited:
Well, sigmar solod an army of pretty decently skilled orcs described as an ocean of green that could actually harm him. So... yeah. That's Sigmar's skill feat. Sigmar is a bit more of a Conan the Barabarian type in this key from what Soma has said on other matches with this key.

I heavily doubt Ghal Maraz's passives are working here, but it's active abilities... Ghal Maraz can and will one-shot Shao and any weapon he brings out. It vaporized an Orc Warboss and it'll vaporize Shao if it decides to, that's just the nature of the weapon.

If Shao isn't that skilled then ******* OUCH.

Then this is a stomp.

Even with previous knowledge, what can he do against one that is more skilled and can oneshot both his hammer and his body with a single hit?

Then this is a stomp.

Even with previous knowledge, what can he do against one that is more skilled and can oneshot both his hammer and his body with a single hit?
Pretty sure not much, sad cause this is actually pretty damn thematic, considering they may as well be good and evil versions of the same character.

Let's hope Midway Kahn is not too high into Low 6-B so I can throw High 6-C sigmar at em

I'm afraid to tell you this, but Midway Kahn isn't going to be Low 6-B.
I don't want to flood this thread with off topic arguments, but the feat has been deemed unquantifiable for a combination of the¹ following reasons:

• The feat happens overtime, since it is the result of a prolonged clash between Shao Kahn and Raiden
  • "Shaking the Earth to its very core" could be flowery language.
  • The ending where the feat happens isn't canon.
(The first two points are also valid for the battle between Raiden and Shinnok).

Currently they are gooing to be "At least 9-A, most likely Higher" due to a general lack of clear feats.

You can check the revision thread for more details.

I'm afraid to tell you this, but Midway Kahn isn't going to be Low 6-B.
I don't want to flood this thread with off topic arguments, but the feat has been deemed unquantifiable for a combination of the¹ following reasons:

• The feat happens overtime, since it is the result of a prolonged clash between Shao Kahn and Raiden
  • "Shaking the Earth to its very core" could be flowery language.
  • The ending where the feat happens isn't canon.
(The first two points are also valid for the battle between Raiden and Shinnok).

Currently they are gooing to be "At least 9-A, most likely Higher" due to a general lack of clear feats.

You can check the revision thread for more details.
Didn't really keep up with that thread, but if Shao Kahn vs Jax is fair, then I'm happy lol

If you refer to MK Jax, we have yet to establish all the scaling chains, but I believe Shao will end up being notably stronger than Jax.

Yikes, okay, I was thinking it was going to be a lot closer than it ended up being, but yeah it seems Shao Kahn sadly ain't the best emperor here. Sigmar holds the advantage in Skill, AP, stamina and probably even intelligence (at least tactically I mean) and Ghal Moraz is just too much hammer for anything Shao Kahn has, Shao Kahn's only real chances are with his sorcery and range, but if that's not in character than he's screwed the moment he tries to do a shoulder charge at Sigmar.

Speaking of Ghal Maraz actually, while it is primarily a bane to daemons and undead and most of it's passives solely affect those, certain things like evil beings being unable to look upon it, and it's particular potency in general vs evil beings, would absolutely affect someone as particularly evil as Kahn.

Back