• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think the writers are really unaware of character scaling so they just made anyone fight anyone. You can have Kenshi tank a direct hit from the Amulet of Shinnok that could've erased him or Stryker block a hit from the Wrath Hammer of Shao Kahn that could've smashed him into gory bits.

What I'm saying is that this could be an actual ability like how Kratos has limited matter manip because of his Poseidon's Rage magic whose electricity is so strong, it can atomize hundreds of enemies that are caught in its AoE. Same with Shinnok.

I'm just saying though.

Wait did Stryker survive the Hammer (I mean we all know he is the One Being)

But it is possible it's Limited Matter hax (I'm just not sure)

"No longer will I entrust the safety of Earthrealm to the free will of mankind. The time has come to take matters into my own hands. Centuries ago I defeated an ancient sect of necromancers, the Houan. Though their members subsequently were scattered to the winds, their ancient underground temple still existed, abandoned and unused for ages. On the stone walls within were etched enchantments that would revive the dead. Strewn about were the enchanted chains of binding the Houan would use to control their undead. I laid the corpse of Liu Kang on a ceremonial altar and bound it with the shackles. Reciting the unholy enchantments, I brought to life the body of my former ally and infused it with a thunderclap of lightning. The corpse of Liu Kang would be no mere zombie; it would serve as my ultimate enforcer. Satisfied, I then set free this abomination to wreak havoc on those who have done harm to Earthrealm."

I think Raiden has Mind Manipulation since he resurrected Liu Kang as a mindless zombie, but also bent his will to become Raiden's enforcer.

I'm still wondering if Kahn interplanetary range is fine, for the speeds Kabal is portrayed as having the fastest running speed among the low tiers, other characters can react and fight him but did not show a running speed comparable to him, not even the mid tiers as i recall. But, i did not rode all the MKX comic and other sources, so i might be wrong.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Superhuman = pretty much everyone who is low tier and haven't fought Kabal
At least Subsonic = Sub Zero, Scorpion, those Mid tier
I think the High 7-C guys should be Superhuman, but I recall Scorpion blitzing 3 Lin Kuei assassins in a flashback

Couldn't find the full comics and most of them have no dialogue. This is going to be my last addition.

Anyways, I need people to agree/disagree on Shinnok having limited matter manipulation. I posted it in this thread, just CTRL+F "Limited Matter Manipulation" and read the post.

We need an actual speed rating for our High 7-C dudes who aren't depowered Elder Gods like Raiden, Fujin, Shao and Shinnok. So, in an act of desperation, I found a feat where fires a beam from Shinnok's amulet and it reaches a ship sitting at the horizon. Scorpion has a feat where he blitzes some Lin Kuei assassi and it looks similar to Akame's feat in AgK where she blitzes a bunch of fodders. Also Sub-Zero has a feat that's really overlooked. He dodges a missile here and manages to escape the explosion by sliding. He dodges another explosion here while dabbing. Sub-Zero is cool.

Havik should have Preparation since he planned everything that happened in the comics and thus acquired a weapon higher than his AP, the Amulet of Shinnok. He should also have Dimensional Travel based on this and he was able to travel to Outworld from Chaosrealm, and should have Resistance to Precognition since Raiden couldn't foresee Havik's doings.

I think there should be a High 7-C key for Takeda. Before he took on Havik and the possessed warriors, he was amped by the Jinsei. Fujin, who was also amped, claimed that he could tear down a mountain, so we have a justification for his AP. Jinsei Powered Takeda endured Raiden's electricity and this Jinsei energy protected him from the amulet's blast for a while, so we have another justification for his durability.

A very minor ability for a minor character. Reiko has Cloth Manipulation based on this

D'Vorah should have her regen upgraded, I'm not sure what regen allows you to recover from being reduced to a bunch of small insects. She was split in half but decayed on the beach.

And this feat could scale to the High 7-C gods since a real Blood God should be on their level. Unfortunately Reiko didn't get a taste of immortality.

Bo' Rai Cho should have a 8-B key now since he beat up Lin Kuei cyborgs who should be comparable to Cyrax and Sektor and survived Cyrax's self destruct as well.

That's it.

Shinnok thing needs to be discussed more, i guess the High 7-C speed feats would require a calc, Havik in the new timeline is indeed a prep user. and the other stuff is ok to apply, i'm not sure about adding a High 7-C key to Takeda since he was briefly amped, but the other stuff is fine.

Actually unpopular here... but what's the reason the Shokans and Kotal are so much stronger then the random fodder?

Nothing really seems to indicate this from what I've seen

OKAY so I raised this in the last thread but I'll ask it again.

Why do we assume that the Shokan and Kotal are so much stronger then the regular tiers to the point of a tier gap. Nothing in my memory implies this since characters like Jax and Kung Jin have bested them on occasion, there's also the fact this is the only reason Cyber Zero is this tier even though absolutely nothing about this implies a tier gap.

I'll come back with scans to prove my point

Back