• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Batman (Post-Crisis) vs Jotaro Kujo [Rematch]

And while where at it, if Batman gets tricky with his batarang, it's possible to get past SP since speed here is equalized.

I'm willing to acknowledge most Jotato arguments, as they are feasible even if they are unlikely imo. But the idea that because SP has "precision" equal to a surgeon or sniper will let him detect stealth attacks from Batman of all people is something that is objectively wank no matter how you look at it.

Star Platinum automatically can defend against threats to Jotaro if they get close due to being an auto-protective Stand. Jotaro doesn't even need to know that Batman is attacking. If Batman hides and throws projectiles, it would swat them away whether or not it knows where Bats is throwing them from. And if Bats tries to do a stealth attack, Star Platinum smashes his skull in.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Star Platinum automatically can defend against threats to Jotaro if they get close due to being an auto-protective Stand. Jotaro doesn't even need to know that Batman is attacking. If Batman hides and throws projectiles, it would swat them away whether or not it knows where Bats is throwing them from. And if Bats tries to do a stealth attack, Star Platinum smashes his skull in.
That would require instinctive reaction, which SP doesn't have. And I have yet to see proof of SP reacting without Jotaro having knowledge

Also, why would he go into stealth for absolutely no reason? They are also starting at just a few metres from each other, so its much more likely he'll open with melee.

Even if SP can react without Jotaro's knowledge, it would still have to be able to sense the threat through its own power with instinctive reaction, which Batman has resistance to.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Also, why would he go into stealth for absolutely no reason? They are also starting at just a few metres from each other, so its much more likely he'll open with melee.
As explained above, he would if he sees Jotaro doing shenanigans like blocking Batarangs. Not to mention he tends to do stuff like that for no real reason other then being safe.

I think Batman can reach pretty far with Batarangs, but I'll have to make a crt, so 5 meters is probably a good assumption

According to Ogbunabali batman is far more likely to start with cqc than batarangs

Technically speaking unless you give actual scans it doesn't count, as forcing people to read chapters on their own is a bit roundabout

I wholeheartedly agree that Batman's stealth is rather insane and that neither Jotaro or SP have the senses to detect him while in hiding. However, what I'm saying is that once Bats removes himself from hiding and tries to land a stealth blow by say dropping from above or rushing at Jotaro from behind, SP can react to protect and counter as it's sentient itself. For example, while Jotaro's back was turned and on the verge of fainting due to blood loss,Kira attempts to blow his head off with Killer Queen before SP came in and countered. There's also the battle against DIO where SP blocked his danmaku of knives for some time all at once and protected Jotaro from being beheaded by DIO while he was trying to recover from stopping his heart. Flashbangs wouldn't prove that efective either in that case as well since while Jotaro was blinded by DIO's blood, he and SP were still able to clash with DIO and The World.

Also, yeah I already agreed that Batman might start with batarangs as opposed to CQC, but he's not going to immediately deduce that there's an invisible person protecting Jotaro. From Batman's eyes, he'll see his batarang stop in midair and get sent right back at him and likely will come to the conclusion Jotaro might have telekinesis or general psychic powers that deflected it. I mean what else would it look like? When we first see Jotaro unleash his Stand, from a regular person's POV it looks like objects are simply floating to him, likehere . Don't get me wrong, Batman will evetually find out the nature of SP, but not right at the beginning or at least until he gets punched. At some point, Batman might try to rush at Jotaro and end up getting beat down.

Batman has extra sensory perception that lets him sense stand like abilities and what not, so he'd be able to tell something is protecting Jotaro at the very least.

I think it's fair to say there are more examples of him starting with ranged attacks so far tho. At worst, it's a random choice on Batman's part.

His ESP only let's him sense the presence of such phenomena. It doesn't give him any knowledge on what the phenomenon actually is. There's nothing similar to Stands that he's ever fought, so he can't use prior experience to guess either.

5 metres is not much, he's gonna open with melee more often than not. Also a scan doesn't necessarily need to be linked. As long the issue no. is correct, interested parties can look it up themselves.

TacticalNuke002 said:
His ESP only let's him sense the presence of such phenomena. It doesn't give him any knowledge on what the phenomenon actually is. There's nothing similar to Stands that he's ever fought, so he can't use prior experience to guess either.

5 metres is not much, he's gonna open with melee more often than not. Also a scan doesn't necessarily need to be linked. As long the issue no. is correct, interested parties can look it up themselves.
Generally Batman can discern how powers work without prior knowledge pl that's most of his JLA career really.

Batman is getting a range upgrade as we speak

Yobo Blue said:
Batman tends to start with Batarangs even against common thugs, and Batman is very good at discerning the truth of people's powers in combat and their experience.
I mean, from your sources Batman tends to Batarang a lot more when he is facing armed foes or supernatural threats. I think he would most likely go for CQC.

I mean, from your sources Batman tends to Batarang a lot more when he is facing armed foes or supernatural threats. I think he would most likely go for CQC.

I gave multiple examples where he used them on unarmed foes. And since this is at the maximum range one of them can hit the other, it's likely Batman will start far enough away that he'll at least be able to figure out SP through either ESP, Info Analysis, or by just throwing a batarang at him

Yobo Blue said:
A stealth blow is literally the last thing that Jotaro will every be able to protect himself from. SP lacks the senses to detect a hiding Batman, that much is fact.
Literally this.

Star Platinum has self preservation generated from Jotaro's own self-interest. The same reason he could shoot himself in the head and trust that he won't die, or to stop his heart (and thus lose oxygen to the brain) and have him restart it with perfect timing.

While I agree Batman sneaking up on him is entirely possible and probably easy (considering he can sneak up on Supes, and Jotaro was snuck up on by Angelo) a stealth attack is a different thing altogether.

Stand users can't even tell who's a stand user unless they see the actual stand.

How Batman is going to do it with his vague ESP is beyond me.

Yobo Blue said:
That's Jotaro from a entirely different part tho.
It's not a feat for Jotaro, it's a feat for Star Platinum.

The only change from Part 3 and 4 is the ability to stop time. His other self preservation feats are still there in SDC anyways.

A stealth attack such as a batarang makes noise as it flies through the air. It's not the same as Batman and his billion dollar sound absorbing suit.

Back