• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Batman (Post-Crisis) vs Jotaro Kujo [Rematch]

You said "no reasons or examples", not "no scans or context". If you're gonna complain something is missing, please know what you're complaining about.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
You said "no reasons or examples", not "no scans or context".
I wouldn't really consider them valid reasons or examples with nothing backing them up, but that's really just semantics

Paulo.junior.969 said:
You said "no reasons or examples", not "no scans or context". If you're gonna complain something is missing, please know what you're complaining about.
Non-sequitur. The exact wording is ultimately inconsequential to this issue.

@Yobo

When he opened with battarangs, did the person he sas fighting against had obvious projectile weaponry he could see or deduce they had, and/or did he knew them before hand.

Because in this fight, he is seeing a high school student grabbing his hat in the middle of central park.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
@Yobo

When he opened with battarangs, did the person he sas fighting against had obvious projectile weaponry he could see or deduce they had, and/or did he knew them before hand.

Because in this fight, he is seeing a high school student grabbing his hat in the middle of central park.
Not use what you mean

Just so you know tho, SBA says he knows that he's in a fight, in case that's what you're worried about.

An example is anything illustrating a general rule, as in, mentioning multiple instances to show that it is consistent; having scans or not has nothing to do with it.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
An example is anything illustrating a general rule, as in, mentioning multiple instances to show that it is consistent; having scans or not has nothing to do with it.
Whether or not those examples actually count is a matter it does pertain to, and is in fact, the only matter that really is important here.

Ok, but this has nothing to do with what we're talking about; we're talking about whether they are examples or not, not if they're good or bad examples, since you said "no examples", as in, none period.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Ok, but this has nothing to do with what we're talking about; we're talking about whether they are examples or not, not if they're good or bad examples.
Well, I'd drop the issue then, as it ultimately would be considered derailing, and more to the point, a fallacy, to determine the validity of a argument based on whether or not a word that ultimately doesn't matter was used correctly.

I'm not trying to determine the validity of anything, mostly because I don't really care for the fight that much, I just saw you saying "no examples" and corrected you.

Well, I'm not sure why it matters is all I'm saying. If it isn't important, then it's just confusing to throw it in, for everyone involved.

It doesn't matter, really, I just like nitpicking; if you want to drop the subject, then just stop talking about it and I will follow you, I'm just going on with whatever you guys are talking about.

@Yobo

This is important to determine whether this would be incon or win for Batman:

If he throws the battarangs (or any projectile, really), Jotaro has two options. Try to dodge himself, block with SP. If he does this against anyone, regardless of whether he knows them or not, or can't discern if they can counter or block, then we he has a 100% chance to deduce Jotaro has an "invicible force", because...

The one more likely for Jotaro is to just block with SP. Which let's Batman know Jotaro has an "invisible force". It wouldn't take a genius to deduce Jotaro could use it for attack. From here, it's just a matter of outlasting, keeping distance and scouting moves from Jotaro until he creates a strategy that lands him a win. There we go.

However, if it's still 50/50, it lands inconclusive.

While people are overstimating the experience and tactical advantage, others are outright ignoring it. Batman is a genius is the purest sense of the word, specially in combat.

-

The problem with that scenario is that ir assumes that they are at enough distance to make it the most likely to happen. But SP has limited range compared to the battarangs (or the many Batman projectiles), so they are fairly close to each other as per SBA.

This narrow's down the possibility of deducing that winning strategy, regardless of if Batman starts with projectiles or not (imo). Instintive Reactions only takes you so far (unless Batman has showings on it working 100% of the time without failure and dodges everything). He is pressured by a thing he (potentially manages) to know is there, and a single slip could mean the end (since we wouldn't know how strong it is until it hits him).

Yes, he could perceive changes in the air, whatever. But how much until Jotaro surprises with a Star Finger?

As such, we have once again a scenario that's riddled with questions, making it inconclusive.

-

TL;DR, if Batman starts with projectiles, he gets closer posibility of winning (and imo, outright wins if they start from enough distance, but sinxe they don't...). But as things are, even if he does, the result is still riddled with enough variables to call it an inconclusive match.

That's my vote. (And yes, I'm ignoring Jotaro's mindset, but honestly, it's not as important as Batman's is for this fight)

More simplified version of my analysis. ovo

If Batman it's stupid, he looses.

If Batman it's smart enough, he equals.

If Batman it's both smart and it's away from Jotaro, he wins.

Batman being dumb is possible, but it's a very slim chance, yeah, IMO, but that works. (Obviously there is more to it then that)

Batman cannot spam batarangs at the level of the danmaku that was DIO's knives.

If he stays at range chucking batarangs, SP will swat them aside with one hand and finger him with the other.

Star Platinum has also been able to block Danmaku before, although Batman's projectiles would probably have posion or nerve toxins in them, or something like that, so that might not work.

I don't think Batman would open with the deadlier variants since it is not in his character to kill. And Batman's spam rate is nowhere near the rate of Emerald Splash or DIO's knives.

Actually, Batman has known to throw things and have them purposefully miss or easy to block so that the actual attacks goes through (like toxins or such). That would work against Jotaro. However, if SP were to suck in the toxins, would it work? I mean he absorbed Justice so idk

How does Batman view Jotaro? I know he is a detective but that doesn't give him prior knowledge. This would effect how he would try to approach the situation. I mean, this is a single foe.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Star Platinum has also been able to block Danmaku before, although Batman's projectiles would probably have posion or nerve toxins in them, or something like that, so that might not work.
Of which, Star Platinum can inhale and blow back in his face.

No it would not harm him, Star Platinum's lungs do not seem to correlate to Jotaro's like the rest of the body. Inhaling Justice did not seem to affect Jotaro's capability to breathe or even talk.

Without any knowledge of Jotaro, Batman would likely be cautious and on the defensive. He's not used to fighting the unknown. If he trusts what he sees then he gets manhandled by Star Platinum. If he doesn't then he plays safe and makes this a harder match, but still likely gets manhandled IMO.

I'm leaning toward Jotaro FRA.

It's unlikely that Batman would go all out from the beginning with his best equipment or anything like that. I mean one look at Jotaro and Batman would assume that he's just a common street thug with no weapons of any sort. Now Bats can do two things: either rush at Jotaro in an attempt to knock him out swiftly and get the fight over with (since again Jotaro looks like a common thug so his guard would be let down a little) or he'd start off with a batarang or two.

In the first scenario, Batman gets beat down senselessly by SP. Meanwhile in the second sceanrio, SP just catches the batarangs and flings them right back at Bats. From this, Batman would assume Jotaro has powers at this point, likely telekinesis or something (since he's dealt with foes like that before) and might opt to CQC since he knows his projectiles would be of little help. Batman would try to use stealth and get the drop on Jotaro... until SP materializes before Bats can land a blow and beats him senselessly again. That's how I see things going IMO.

A stealth blow is literally the last thing that Jotaro will every be able to protect himself from. SP lacks the senses to detect a hiding Batman, that much is fact.

Batman tends to start with Batarangs even against common thugs, and Batman is very good at discerning the truth of people's powers in combat and their experience.

Also, recall that at the very least Batman knows there's a supernatural presence where his Batrangs were deflected, meaning assuming he'd mistake it for tk is a bit unlikely.

Back