• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Zaraki? The guy who went to not being able to damage base Nnoitra to being able to overpower the strongest Espada in the span of hours?
The power he already had. The whole point of Zaraki vs. Unohana was that he limited himself during battles, and when he reached his limits, he let some of those limiters go. That's why he grew stronger. Unohana said he got weaker in all the years between when they fought. Zaraki, post-Unohana, has no limiters; he has most of his full potential in power (not control). That's why his power-ups pre-Unohana are meaningless for this discussion.

Nothing states that kid Zaraki is Zarakiā€™s power sealing. Kid Zaraki is like his level 1 and for the majority of the series heā€™s been less than level 1. Now that heā€™s regained his initial strength heā€™s free to grow at whatever growth rate he has. Which for our sake is going from top tier to god tier.

Yeah balo we arenā€™t backscaling CFYOW Zaraki to TYBW, these characters can become however strong the author needs them to be in 6 months, for Zaraki that meant going from a top tier to a god tier. ā€œBut itā€™s only 6 monthsā€ is nothing but incredulity
The point is that Gerald is unquantifiably stronger than when he fought the Zero Division. We have no way of knowing his power at its strongest compared to Kenpachi. Thus, we cannot scale Kenpachi's full power; that's the whole point of being far higher in Bankai. I'm not saying that he scales to Can't Fear Your Own World (CFYOW), but he is unknown at his full power in the Thousand-Year Blood War (TYBW). It's disingenuous to say that he powers up in CFYOW just because of the plot (Gerald was a God-tier in his last form). Fighting him is not an anti-feat for the Schutzstaffel that's all I'm saying.

Nothing states that kid Zaraki is Zarakiā€™s power sealing. Kid Zaraki is like his level 1 and for the majority of the series heā€™s been less than level 1. Now that heā€™s regained his initial strength heā€™s free to grow at whatever growth rate he has. Which for our sake is going from top tier to god tier.
It's not his power sealing, but his massive power-ups before Level 1 are not indicative of his power-ups after Level 1.

Kid Zaraki is only as strong as Base TYBW Zaraki at best, if not weaker (TYBW Zaraki beat a stronger Unohana). The fact Kenny gets amps with his Nozarashi proves he can go beyond that level.

I can agree with that I guess given the limiter explanation, but the point of the Espada example was that Kenny is an authors favorite and it makes sense for him to get to God tier within 6 months

I can agree with that I guess given the limiter explanation, but the point of the Espada example was that Kenny is an authors favorite and it makes sense for him to get to God tier within 6 months
True, but his power-ups always make at least some sense in the narrative, meanwhile, the six-month one doesn't.

It's mentioned Kenny had been training in CFYOW
True, I still think that six months is not enough to get to god tier, but I'm not dying on it. Should I just make a CRT to put Kenpachi in the unknown tier in the Thousand-Year Blood War (TYBW) or at least 5C, unknown at full power?

True, I still think that six months is not enough to get to god tier
Thatā€™s called an incredulity argument. Your inability to believe something doesnā€™t make it any less true.

Should I just make a CRT to put Kenpachi in the unknown tier in the Thousand-Year Blood War (TYBW) or at least 5C, unknown at full power?
No cuz not only will it get rejected we donā€™t know what changes could become of his scaling in cours 3 and 4.

Thatā€™s called an incredulity argument. Your inability to believe something doesnā€™t make it any less true.
True, but I base my incredulity on
The power he already had. The whole point of Zaraki vs. Unohana was that he limited himself during battles, and when he reached his limits, he let some of those limiters go. That's why he grew stronger. Unohana said he got weaker in all the years between when they fought. Zaraki, post-Unohana, has no limiters; he has most of his full potential in power (not control). That's why his power-ups pre-Unohana are meaningless for this discussion.
And
It's not his power sealing, but his massive power-ups before Level 1 are not indicative of his power-ups after Level 1.
And
True, but his power-ups always make at least some sense in the narrative, meanwhile, the six-month one doesn't.
We don't know his potential when it comes to training; it's unquantifiable. But, as I said, I'm not dying on this.

Sometimes large gaps like these in scaling happen,and you just have to roll with it.
Giving higher ratings to the top tiers to close that gap to the god tiers should be ONLY offsite if you want to.
And Obviously the Elite quincy or at least some of them could get to scale to the god tiers in the future with cour 3/4.
But Backscaling TYBW Kenpachi/Gerard/Gremmy to CFYOW Kenpachi is unreasonable by site standards ATM

Kenny was always considered a freak of nature , the narrative constantly highlight that. I wouldn't be surprised if this mofo come from Hell itself.

Him having insane jumps after having 6 month of training with his true power and zanpakuto make sense within the narrative for him.
It would be a different story if like, ikkaku went to god tier level in 6 months, the narrative wouldn't support it as ikkaku was never that special .It would be valid scaling wise but would make no sense in my opinion , story wise.

What's the Soukyoku doing in Yu-Gi-Oh?!

GodPhoenix-JP-Manga-DM-NC-color.png

Back