• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

@Arc7Kuroi already explained above so I am not gonna bother Explaining again.
Not my problem.
Not to Mention Databook literally states Yama in FKT reached his peak and stood top of every arts. You clearly at this point making some big headcanons and taking Yhwach statement out of context.
Old and outdated content released before the new content don't matter. Manga source material > contradictory databook.
Show me scans for him being weaker than his younger self
You claimed first. You prove. I have not claim anything but stating that the opposite can be said.
Kubo literally involved in Novels when Narita asked for advices are you saying he didn't had knowledge about what he wrote previously
Okay, irrelevant here.
Only problem with Barragan scaling above Grimmjow i see is there is a mindset of Previous Arcs character can't be Stronger than future Arc characters.
Lmao because Barragan got weaker.

Woo_Yeah_Baby_.png
Imagine getting this but not zero squad shikais or bankais against royal quincy guard. lmao

Let me stop you right there

This is why Bleach stans shouldn't be allowed to have opinions
Squad Zero full of a bunch of characters that exist for only plot/lore purposes the only semi-interesting thing about them is Ichibe's morality, Omaeda's dynamic with Soi Fon clears them from a writing perspective

So the change in the anime regarding Omaeda will be the following.
Remember how BG9 stabbed his little sister and then they fought? In the anime, Omaeda will save her from BG9 and she won't be stabbed. I guess they wanted to make him look less useless than he already is.

So the change in the anime regarding Omaeda will be the following.
Remember how BG9 stabbed his little sister and then they fought? In the anime, Omaeda will save her from BG9 and she won't be stabbed. I guess they wanted to make him look less useless than he already is.
Child murder not allow? Man Kubo going soft. I thought he was gonna have a bondage scene with Soifon or something. How disappointing.

You guys think Ichibei Renamed Ichigo to make him weaker and then Trained him for maximum Results? Dude was Sweatin in the Trailer 🤷‍♂️

Soifon went to the Royal Palace but disappeared from the show. In the anime she is either getting snipe by Lille to show the power of X-Axis vs speed or she is using her Shikai against Gerard for it not to work. And maybe her bankai too.

Hey guys, first time posting, so bear with me if I get something wrong 😓.
I've been thinking about this, so I'd like to get a second opinion on it (or more).

Would it be possible that one of the limitations with Gremmy's The Visionary is that he can't affect lifeforms DIRECTLY unless he physically touches them (or unless said lifeform was his creation to begin with)?

I suppose this topic could benefit from us watching how the fight turns out in anime first, but if I may...
  • Isn't it strange how the the only time Gremmy was blatantly shown to affect someone's body directly was when he touched Yachiru's hand and turned her bones into cookies?
  • It was never shown how exactly he killed Kensei and Rose. When Isane and Yachiru noticed Gremmy, he was already inside the barrier and had killed them. Maybe he touched them, maybe not.
  • Then Gremmy did outright erase Guenael Lee from a distance, though I'd say that's because he was a figment of Gremmy's imagination in the first place. He stopped focusing on Guenael's existence, so POOF!, gone - similarly to how Kenpachi got Yachiru's bones to return to normal by distracting him. The Visionary seems to be very dependent on maintaining focus, besides inanimate objects/creations.
  • This could also be one of the reasons Gremmy was never shown to affect Kenny's body directly (like turning his bones into cookies f.e.), at least before Kenny challenged him for a proper fight to see who's the strongest. Eventually he did grab Kenny near the end of the fight, to hold him in place while he exploded himself - although... by that time he'd already agreed to a "fair fight".
(there's also the possibility Gremmy simply cannot exert influence over a target's body if their reiatsu is strong enough to resist)

Kubo does like to purposefully withhold pieces of information and add in subtle visual queues, often serving as clues.
So again, I think we'll get a better understanding of it once the episode airs, but what do you guys think? Is this a reach?

Would it be possible that one of the limitations with Gremmy's The Visionary is that he can't affect lifeforms DIRECTLY unless he physically touches them (or unless said lifeform was his creation to begin with)?

I personally don't think so, as Yachiru's right arm was broken by the impact of Gremmy's parry (eg. like throwing a cookie against a wall) and her left arm was broken by the sheer weight of her body, while placing it on the ground, when Gremmy wasn't touching her.

This could also be one of the reasons Gremmy was never shown to affect Kenny's body directly (like turning his bones into cookies f.e.), at least before Kenny challenged him for a proper fight to see who's the strongest. Eventually he did grab Kenny near the end of the fight, to hold him in place while he exploded himself - although... by that time he'd already agreed to a "fair fight".

There's only one reason why this didn't happen: PIS.

Sadly, there's too little about Gremmy to make assumptions but Kubo loves when his fans are open to different possibilities. In the end, it may also be as you say

I personally don't think so, as Yachiru's right arm was broken by the impact of Gremmy's parry (eg. like throwing a cookie against a wall) and her left arm was broken by the sheer weight of her body, while placing it on the ground, when Gremmy wasn't touching her.
Hmmm... I suppose you're right? Gremmy only turning her bones into cookies the moment he made contact would mean he had to do so immediately before the impact was absorbed by her arm...
Well, that's not impossible... 🤷‍♂️ but yeah seems more unlikely/reach'y.

Hmmm... I suppose you're right? Gremmy only turning her bones into cookies the moment he made contact would mean he had to do so immediately before the impact was absorbed by her arm...
Well, that's not impossible... 🤷‍♂️ but yeah seems more unlikely/reach'y.
Even when he wasn't touching her he still has keep imagining her bones are cookies. Which means he doesn't have to touch you. Also we see him manipulate pre existing things like rocks and space itself

Me watching the final cour of the anime after Yhwach says that he would struggle to destroy a planet (Bleach now caps at 5-B and it's all Arc's fault)

I doubt that'll happen, but if it does... then "such is life". 🤷‍♂️ There's potentially still an anime adaptation of CFYOW afterwards and the Hell Arc manga.

I'm all for the TYBW anime being "the main canon", since Kubo is so involved in the production.
The OG anime, on the other hand... not that faithful of an adaptation if you ask me... Noryuki Abe took too many liberties at times (damaging Orihime's portrayal f.e.).

I do wonder what would happen if the TYBW anime changed a thing or two, for instance, if Omaeda actually managed to save his sister 👀. A retcon, perhaps?

Even when he wasn't touching her he still has keep imagining her bones are cookies. Which means he doesn't have to touch you. Also we see him manipulate pre existing things like rocks and space itself
True... if he can keep a change like that on from a distance by maintaining focus, then that could rule out the need for physical touch...
Although the space that's shown was actually a dimension he created from scratch (not a pre-existing thing in this case).

Back