• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're talking AP showings, he was able to harm Jigen who's stronger than Naruto.
Boruto Chapter 37 Page 20
Boruto Chapter 37 Page 21
Boruto Chapter 37 Page 35
Boruto Chapter 37 Page 39

And it was even implied he could slice K2 Jigen's head off, who's WAY stronger than Naruto.
Boruto Chapter 38 Page 18
Boruto Chapter 38 Page 19

The anime further showed their relative AP.

And he was probably able to harm even Isshiki.
Boruto Chapter 50 Page 7
Boruto Chapter 50 Page 27
Boruto Chapter 50 Page 28

How would Likely 312.8 ZT even work when they're both Planet level? At least Planet level, likely higher? It just seems really unnecessary when Adult Naruto~Adult Sasuke is one of the clearest scalings in the Narutoverse with some of the most evidence. It's not "objective," but the same is true of plenty of other characters who have a solid rating without the likely (for example, Jiraiya scales to Orochimaru, when as far as we know, that could be because of his hax and speed rather than AP, considering he has stuff like the toad mouth trap and the dimension sealing trap and sealing jutsu, etc.).

Technically, VSBW doesn't accept the novelization of Boruto the Movie as canon, that was just supplementary evidence that Naruto and Sasuke are portrayed as equal across all medias. The strength in numbers thing doesn't literally mean that a teamup is an exponential boost, just that teaming up with someone can give you greater strength than you can accomplish on your own. And even besides that, there's still the fact that 100% Juubi Jigen needed to use the Karma against Naruto when 10% Base Jigen matched Koji. That's pretty much as blatant as you can get (and still the Kakashi stuff I've brought up several times). I can accept SM Koji being above Delta since he was Delta's superior on the mission, but Base Koji is basically impossible to resolve with other showings. Koji even briefly questioned if Naruto could've beaten Jigen on his own before denying the possibility, while he knew full well he couldn't beat Jigen even with SM, letalone in base where he's far weaker. He also stated that he might be able to take down Jigen when he has almost no chakra, again despite having SM.
Boruto Chapter 39 Page 15

By the way, why a likely for Sasuke when there's far more evidence in his support while Base Koji is straight up 5-B? Just like with Sasuke, a big part of Koji's style is his hax, so even if he scales over Delta (which he doesn't), that could be cause of hax. If anything, Sasuke and Koji's ratings should be switched around.

He could've been planning to seal her, then before she realized what was happening and tried to absorb it, he'd attack her vulnerable body. Again, we don't know. Just like offscreen fights aren't used for scaling on VSBW, I don't think a vague implication of the outcome of a fight that didn't happen is enough for concrete scaling, at least not when stronger evidence contradicts it.

100% sure sasuke couldn't cut jigen head off tho and never actually damages him ,
I think isshiki is one that just likes to show case his abilities

We know sasuke couldn't even come close to cutting momoshike neck before momo even fully completed his fusion
And jigen is clearly stronger / when jigen Allowed himself to get hit by black fire he literally laughed it off before collecting it's chakra . Black fire >>> sasuke sword strikes on a average

100% sure sasuke couldn't cut jigen head off tho and never actually damages him ,
I think isshiki is one that just likes to show case his abilities
20.jpg

He was VERY concerned when Sasuke was about to stab him and he had to teleport out, and his expression was also concerned when he was in K2, so no, it's not just him flexing.
39.jpg
main-qimg-03f85ed6229e306543afba8d5552cd69-lq

We know sasuke couldn't even come close to cutting momoshike neck before momo even fully completed his fusion
And jigen is clearly stronger / when jigen Allowed himself to get hit by black fire he literally laughed it off before collecting it's chakra . Black fire >>> sasuke sword strikes on a average
That was 3T Sasuke, and Sasuke could've gotten stronger, so that's not a contradiction at all.

20.jpg

He was VERY concerned when Sasuke was about to stab him and he had to teleport out, and his expression was also concerned when he was in K2, so no, it's not just him flexing.
39.jpg
main-qimg-03f85ed6229e306543afba8d5552cd69-lq

That was 3T Sasuke, and Sasuke could've gotten stronger, so that's not a contradiction at all.
black fire was Ems sasuke tho
Jigen still laughed that off
Sasuke could have gotten stronger tho
Very big possibility

I agree with Sasuke's scale. He couldn't cut Momoshiki's neck, but it was clear that he could kill Jigen. He may simply have gotten stronger between the fight with Kinshiki/Momoshiki and the fight with Jigen, that wouldn't be weird because here in this topic we already accept mountain level characters that have upgrade to planet even though it doesn't make narrative sense, so nothing surprises me anymore.

So I agree with his scaling, because here in this topic the blade damage was accepted as scaling for AP, so it should be fine. In durability he obviously scales, as he was beaten up in every fight and could still keep in battle.

Thinking Sasuke literally couldn't damage Jigen's neck if he didn't block with the rods is being dishonest, the narrative and story made it clear Jigen would have died or at least got heavily injured.

one of the arguments in the OP was Momo and Kin > Kaguya :confused: its literally relevant to the topic
Besides the fact that this scale is ridiculous, there is a discussion rule against this scaling here, if you want to upgrade them above Kaguya you need to remove the rule first with a CRT.

Besides the fact that this scale is ridiculous, there is a discussion rule against this scaling here, if you want to upgrade them above Kaguya you need to remove the rule first with a CRT.
That’s why I switched to using Sasuke has the anchor to the scaling chain 🗿

The fact that you only brought this up now, on page fifteen, really makes it seem like you’re just trying to get the thread quickly rejected.

Even though it’s already been agreed upon by many staff members, and that’s including the MomoKin > Kaguya scaling

I’m fine not including the Momo Kin > Kaguya stuff until the rule gets officially removed regardless 78.2 ZT 3T Sasuke ~ Kinshiki is currently agreed upon. Also, the discussion rule as written is very poor “it’s deemed inconsistent because adult Naruto dunked on Fused Momo, but Kaguya dunked on teen Naruto”, that argument just gets negged by asserting adult Naruto can be stronger.

I mean multiple staff here think it’s fine + he’s gonna scale to that level regardless
But like actually seeing his page say "He's stronger than Kaguya" would be such a victory.
actually there is a scan of the sasuke shinden novel to support the sasuke > kaguya thing maybe I'll post it tomorrow
main-qimg-5a87171050ea8f3579b233a1594d1448

The fact that you only brought this up now, on page fifteen, really makes it seem like you’re just trying to get the thread quickly rejected.

Even though it’s already been agreed upon by many staff members, and that’s including the MomoKin > Kaguya scaling
Tbf Slayer brought it up earlier.
I’m fine not including the Momo Kin > Kaguya stuff until the rule gets officially removed regardless 78.2 ZT 3T Sasuke ~ Kinshiki is currently agreed upon. Also, the discussion rule as written is very poor “it’s deemed inconsistent because adult Naruto dunked on Fused Momo, but Kaguya dunked on teen Naruto”, that argument just gets negged by asserting adult Naruto can be stronger.
Uh but Kinshiki only destroyed an area and Kaguya destroyed a dimension 🤓

The discussion rule is based on so many misconceptions too.

“Sasuke isn’t aware of Kin and Momo’s power, he isn’t reliable” -> Sasuke only claims his suspicions were correct after fighting Kinshiki and getting the scroll decoded

I'm guessing they didn't pay attention or didn't know about the rules of discussion.

And we also have Guy's statement even after he saw Kinshiki and Momoshiki in the arena, it implies that Madara > Dual Ootsutsuki, and doesn't affect Kaguya or Isshiki, so shouldn't be disregarded

I actually have no problem for 5B/5A upgrades for the strongest character, but I believe naruto needs a special treatment for scaling weaker characters to god tier that were a lot weaker in the war, you see, in the manga kishimoto clearly written that Sakura with her strongest form might have reached the level of tsunade, at the same time you see Sakura damaging kaguya in a weaker form, either naruto character have some glass canon moments or kishimoto doesn’t think doing some damage is enough to scale, but to scale you actually to have a serious 1vs1 fight, we should simply keep an eye to the scaling for those reasons, for me it completely ruin the consistency of the portrayal of their feats even in boruto if actually dozen of characters reach 5B and are even supposedly stronger than hagoromo the sage of the six paths, that was literally a walking god. But anyway majority will accept it so I just wanted to write my opinion, good job with the thread.

you see, in the manga kishimoto clearly written that Sakura with her strongest form might have reached the level of tsunade, at the same time you see Sakura damaging kaguya in a weaker form
For like the 100th time we aren’t including teen Sakura in this thread…

Cause he could absorb it. I'd argue a slicing attack is more potent over a short time than Amaterasu which takes time to be fully effective.
It did not damage him before he used karma and he had a little dialogue before absorbing it + it was an attack from ems sasuke
And on a average ninjutsu is better than chakra weapons enhancement and black fire is like an s-class attack compared to Just a regular sword swing
Black fire > sword swing

I agree with Sasuke's scale. He couldn't cut Momoshiki's neck, but it was clear that he could kill Jigen. He may simply have gotten stronger between the fight with Kinshiki/Momoshiki and the fight with Jigen, that wouldn't be weird because here in this topic we already accept mountain level characters that have upgrade to planet even though it doesn't make narrative sense, so nothing surprises me anymore.

So I agree with his scaling, because here in this topic the blade damage was accepted as scaling for AP, so it should be fine. In durability he obviously scales, as he was beaten up in every fight and could still keep in battle.

Cause he could absorb it. I'd argue a slicing attack is more potent over a short time than Amaterasu which takes time to be fully effective.
Oh I think I understand what you trying to say, I am not against your point of sasuke scaling to Naruto and most likely above Kaguya and rel to momoshike tho 😂
I was just aginest the notion that sasuke could cut jigen head off

It did not damage him before he used karma and he had a little dialogue before absorbing it + it was an attack from ems sasuke
And on a average ninjutsu is better than chakra weapons enhancement and black fire is like an s-class attack compared to Just a regular sword swing
Black fire > sword swing
You can't prove any of that. On the contrary, chakra enhanced weaponry being more potent at doing lethal damage than ninjutsu is consistent with the Chidori Kusanagi blade being stated to be able to pierce anything in the 3rd databook.
5116445-databook%203%2C%20page%20248.jpg

Oh I think I understand what you trying to say, I am not against your point of sasuke scaling to Naruto and most likely above Kaguya and rel to momoshike tho 😂
I was just aginest the notion that sasuke could cut jigen head off
Why would Sasuke try using a sword strike if he knows it wouldn't work (he's seen Jigen has the durability to withstand the blowback from knocking a PS and Kurama Avatar), and why would Naruto be happy about it, and why would Jigen be concerned, and increase the size of his rods? All of it's just so unnecessary it it'd just be like plonk.

pierce anything
Hmmm
more potent than ninjutsu
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Look, uhh, I don't necessarily disagree with you on your overall point that Sasuke should be equal to Naruto due to the insane amount of statements literally saying as much, as well as narrative intent and what have you. But I just think that we shouldn't take the Databook headers too literally because they're often flowery or exaggerated for effect. The actual descriptions are what matter most, and are usually the most reliable.

Yes, but he didn't mean that, it was just an example, he simply said that in Naruto there are situations where someone much inferior has feats in someone much stronger.
This isnt something exclusive to naruto, it happens in pretty much most stories, its why we have terms like outliers to begin with. Its our job to figure out how consistent these things are.

I want to reiterate my previous point regarding the discussion rule because people seemed to misunderstand me.
I wasn't arguing for or against Momo/Kin scaling above Kaguya, I don't really care about it at all as I've said.
The issue is that we have an accepted discussion rule against the topic. It doesn't matter if it's wrong, it doesn't matter if people disagree with it now, staff or otherwise. The Rule needs to be addressed separately and removed if you guys still want to use this piece of scaling.

If y'all completely dropped the topic altogether, then I guess it doesn't matter anymore. But if you want to use it in any capacity, even as support, then the Discussion Rule needs to be addressed first.

Well, to be fair, Arc did address parts of it earlier in this thread.
Also, the discussion rule as written is very poor “it’s deemed inconsistent because adult Naruto dunked on Fused Momo, but Kaguya dunked on teen Naruto”, that argument just gets negged by asserting adult Naruto can be stronger.
The discussion rule is based on so many misconceptions too.

“Sasuke isn’t aware of Kin and Momo’s power, he isn’t reliable” -> Sasuke only claims his suspicions were correct after fighting Kinshiki and getting the scroll decoded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back