• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avengers: Infinity War Official Revision Thread (Spoilers)

I may sound like a d!ck, but I'm glad he wasn't in, frankly. We had enough human characters with jobber aura. Adding Scott and Clint is...

Graf Thorsdottir said:
-BANLK- said:
Finally MCU Thor can defeat DCEU Superman.
DCEU: Let's kill off Superman and use his resurrection as an excuse for his buffed stats
MCU: Hold my beer
And has ;THE best comic book movie durability feat in shared universe era.

So some major MCU upgrades are in order? Sweeeet, I loved the Movie, glad that Iron Man and Thor have great showings, their some of my fav Marvel Heroes, along with Spidey, also, yeah, Thanos is a freaking Monster, loved him in the Movie

I think that we should scale thanos to just his moon cracking feat as hi life wiping feat is mroe just hax-based, not to mention REALLY impressive range for a hax that requires a snap of a finger.

I also believe he should get some form of durability negation due to what he did to Drax and Mantis when he got the reality stone.

@Matthew was it ever stated in the movie that the Titan they were at was the Titan in our solar system?

Thanos vs Strange:

• Dr. Strange didn't trap or attempt to trap Thanos in the Mirror Dimension. Thanos tried to blast him with the Power Stone, Strange instantly summons a Mirror Dimension Wall (?) to block it, then sent that same wall flying at Thanos which he then punches through.
Wanda Blasting Thanos:

• Wanda blasting Thanos and hhim struggling has nothing to do with the Infinity Gems. Thanos Blocke dthem and her blast didn't affect his shield. Thanos PHYSICALLY struggled to get past the blast which means Wanda's "Powers" can only scale to Thanos physically. Not the IG.
About Your Thanos/Surtur Comment:

• I see what you're getting at, but I have to disagree off bat. In both instances, Surtur and Thanos was attacked while off guard by Hulk. Thanos technically got it worse.
  • Surtur was staggered, but Hulk did no real damage to him and Surtur picked him up and tossed him away like a nat.
  • Thanos was staggered and momentarily overpowered before fighting back, and Thanos did have to put some effort into overpowering the Hulk. Not saying he struggled, just that it took a little effort on his part.
Somethings to Note IMO:

I'd say that The Scaling should go like this: "Wanda (Full Power) >= Base Thanos > Awakened Thor (W/o Stormbreaker) ~ Ironman (Bleeding Edge) >= Hulk >= Base Awakened Thor (w/o Storm Breaker)

That's it for now....I might think of more later...

Matthew Schroeder said:
If he got hit with the full energy of the Neutron Star, his feat is Large Country level+, bordering on Continent level so much he'd be at that Tier if he were 1.3 times stronger.
I don't quite agree with the way this one was calculated. From your post in the pre-thread about it, it seems like this comes from the luminosity a star puts out - you didn't include the heat energy. Relevant quote below.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That was based on faulty reasoning. A better way of quantifying it is this:

The neutron star in the Dwarf Realm clearly had what was a Dyson Sphere around it. As well as multiple Dyson Rings around that as well.

The dwarf says that Thor was tanking the full power of the star, which makes sense given the structures around it are designed to harness the full power of a star.

Dyson Spheres can harness the energy produced by a star's luminosity.

One solar luminosity equates to 3.828×10^26 Joules/s

The most famous Neutron Star, LGM-1, has a solar luminosity value of 0.006, or 2.2968e24 joules

We can safely say that that's the energy Thor would be tanking.

I disagree human heroes fighting Thanos's sons is PIS. Rather them fighting Vision is PIS.

While Ebony and Cull are definitely powerful, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive are shown throughout the movie that they are comparable to human heroes.

I will rewatch the fight on streamango.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Incorrect. We can clearly see Thanos using the IG's power to block Wanda's power. And where do you get this insane idea that Wanda is stronger than Stormbreaker Thor?

If anything it is Stormbreaker Thor >>> Wanda / Doctor Strange >>> Bleeding Edge Iron Man > Hulk
I agree with this scaling.

And Stormbreaker Thor>Thanos.

Spider-Man has MHS+ reactions via dodging a meteor, it was calced on OBD. I don't know who scales to this.

Star-Lord was able to restrain Iron Spider IIRC.

Literally everyone staggered Thanos with few exceptions like Black Widow, so we should just ignore this PIS.

Doctor Strange has 9-A durability physically AT THE VERY LEAST for surviving those needles by Ebony Maw. ByAsura explained on the other thread that it could kill any human.

Ebony Maw scales to Thor. (awakened Thor with no stormbreaker)

Cull scales to Hulkbuster, maybe Bleeding Edge Iron Man.

Proxima and Corvus should only scale to Captain America, maybe Vision with weapons.

Honestly, Vision is so weak in this movie that I'm starting to wonder whether him fighting Ultron is an outlier or not.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I disagree human heroes fighting Thanos's sons is PIS. Rather them fighting Vision is PIS.

While Ebony and Cull are definitely powerful, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive are shown throughout the movie that they are comparable to human heroes.

I will rewatch the fight on streamango.
So I've rewatched the movie (if anyone wants to I can DM them the link on fanfiction.net, but not here. Antvasima says I'm not allowed to post streaming site links on this wiki)

First, Vision is stabbed. So we know they are 7-B with their weapons, just like Cap is 8-A with his shield. Then Scarlet Witch is knocked aside by some sort of blue blast, which is not a surprise, since Scarlet Witch has only human durability. Corvus steps on Vision and tries to remove the Mind Stone with his weapon (again his weapon is 7-B), but Scarlet Witch attacks and rekts the two. She levitates herself and Vision away. Scarlet Witch heals Vision. (what power is that?)

Then Corvus grabbed Vision by a sneak-attack and pins him against a wall. (maybe PIS, or maybe Corvus just caught him off-guard). Proxima Midnight attacks and Scarlet Witch holds back with her magic. Then Vision easily overpowers Corvus. Scarlet Witch fights defensively and blocks Proxima's attacks, only to be knocked away by that blue blast again. Scarlet Witch blocks Proxima's attack.

Vision pins Corvus to a wall and beat him up. Vision is far stronger and hurls him aside. Corvus blocks Vision's blast with his weapon (again a feat for his weapon, not him), then redirects it back to Vision, bringing him down. (Feat for Vision actully, Corvus just redirected his own energy) Scarlet Witch starts fighting seriously and rekts Proxima Midnight.

Corvus attempts to remove the Mind Stone and gets rekt by Scarlet Witch. Proxima Midnight blasts Scarlet Witch again with that blue blast. They fall into a room. Then Cap, Falcon and Black Widow arrive, and defeat the aliens.

Conclusion: Proxima and Corvus never physically overpowered Vision. In fact, it's the other way round. Proxima harming Wanda is not even a feat, Wanda is just human durability. When Wanda is anxious that Vision is attacked, she rekts Proxima. Vision overpowers Corvus, Corvus only harmed Vision with weapons.

Proxima and Corvus should scale to Cap. Cull scales to Hulkbuster, maybe Bleeding Edge, while Ebony scales to Thor via telekinesis, unknown physically.

What do you guys think about this:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ecalc_of_Hela's_Mjolnir_busting?useskin=oasis

Matthew Schroeder said:
No, that is wank. No offense but Spin exaggerates things. He's saying that Thanos is 3-A in Attack Potency and Thor scales in a post above.
I was only telling other people's opinions. I said in that post "you guys and I". I did not bring up 3-A Thanos. And why is 5-A and Class Y wank? Be specific.

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Malekieth going to plunge the universe in darkness? Isn't that darkness manipulation or Reality warping on a 3A scale? How does it equal AP

I don't think comparing Thanos and Surtur is a good idea. While Surtur only got staggered, Thanos was affected even more by Hulk's surprise attack.

Strange did not try to trap Thanos in the mirror dimension. He just pushed the mirror wall towards Thanos, which he broke with a punch.

I don't remember the Bucky-Thanos machine gun ordeal very well. Are you sure Thanos created the barrier after the bullets were fired?

Also, was it ever stated that the people were erased from existence? Or just dead?

About Wanda, those machines she telekinetically lifted and destroyed didn't destroy the Wakanda's barrier. They came from under the ground.

I'm a bit iffy on scaling Strange's dura because he survived some blows from Thanos. Many other humans survived blows from either Thanos or his children. It was either a case of Strange using his magic to shield himself or PIS. Also, Thanos' main purpose was never to target and kill the heroes. We can clearly see Thanos going easy on most of them most of the time.

Thanos stated in an earlier scene that they would be erased from existence. But we never see the "ashes" fade away, so the valditity is questionable.

Here's something I found re-watching Ragnarok:

As stated by Bruce, the Devil's Anus is a collapsing neutron star inside of an Einstein-Rosen Bridge. Thor also added that a ship going through that needs to withstand the geodetic strain from the singularity. Loki and the gladiators used the Statesman to go through the Devil's Anus to get to Asgard. Hela's larger spikes pierced through the Statesman so deep that the ship was unable to move until Skurge destroyed them. Even her berserkers were able to do chip damage to the Commodore which went through the same hole.

Is this calc-able for upgrade for Asgardians?

The commodore went through with a forcefield. Hela's big sticks scale (assuming the statesman doesn't have a forcefield as well, which, given Thanos raiding it, is a reasonable assumption), as does Des and Troy (proving Asgardian specialty of enchanting weapons above their own weight class).

ByAsura said:
Thanos stated in an earlier scene that they would be erased from existence. But we never see the "ashes" fade away, so the valditity is questionable.
Someone clarify why this matters!? Thanos kills half of all sentient life in the universe.

@7th Ki'oon

It's because AKM was asking about it specifically being existence erasure.

@Spino To be fair, Spider-Man wasn't resisting when Star Lord was holding him. He kinda just stood there while he was wrapped up. I think he was wiggling around more than anything, but I didn't see any actual effort from him.

Back