• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avengers: Infinity War Official Revision Thread (Spoilers)

Re: Neutron star feat

The neutron star in question was considered dead for reasons, it's cold af (how though? How old is that star? Or did someone sneeze planets away and blew the flame out?). They reignited it though soooo.... I assume they managed to bring it back to the rate where neutron stars cool down really, really, really slow. Like, 1 quadrillion years from birth to death slow. (Neutron stars are billions of kelvin hot at birth but takes only a few years of rampant cooling to go down to 1 million k, where it starts slowing down)

That said, average neutrons stars would go from a few thousand k to a million. Observable neutron stars are on average 600 thousand k. I think that's reasonable given Odin used it and he's minimum 5000 years old.

That said...

Ridiculous low end: 3700-3800k (one of the coldest and oldest neutron stars, 12 billion years old)

Low end: 600,000k (average temp)

Mid end: 1,000,000k (temp after a few years of rapid cooling where it starts to slow its cooling pace)

Can someone plug this in a calc?

Does this make hela more op?! Also I have no idea how they're going out make captain marvel stronger than her, unless they do that super mode l, that's galaxy level. But that's to broken, because that would have to be carried forward throughout the MCU.

With Thor it's fine, just send him of to the Guardians of the Galaxy/cosmic stuff.

Someone clarify why this matters!? Thanos kills half of all sentient life in the universe.

Because it's important for wiki categorization whether what Thanos did is Death Manipulation or Existence Erasure.

Given the nature of the IG, probably Exstence erasure. Ash was creative licence, for pathos. Which worked, immeasurably well.

I disagree with the "It's dead so it's cold" assumption. That's headcanon and nothing in the movie indicates that. Literally all neutron stars are "dead".

So I've rewatched the movie (if anyone wants to I can DM them the link on fanfiction.net, but not here. Antvasima says I'm not allowed to post streaming site links on this wiki)

First, Vision is stabbed. So we know they are 7-B with their weapons, just like Cap is 8-A with his shield. Then Scarlet Witch is knocked aside by some sort of blue blast, which is not a surprise, since Scarlet Witch has only human durability. Corvus steps on Vision and tries to remove the Mind Stone with his weapon (again his weapon is 7-B), but Scarlet Witch attacks and rekts the two. She levitates herself and Vision away. Scarlet Witch heals Vision. (what power is that?)

Then Corvus grabbed Vision by a sneak-attack and pins him against a wall. (maybe PIS, or maybe Corvus just caught him off-guard). Proxima Midnight attacks and Scarlet Witch holds back with her magic. Then Vision easily overpowers Corvus. Scarlet Witch fights defensively and blocks Proxima's attacks, only to be knocked away by that blue blast again. Scarlet Witch blocks Proxima's attack.

Vision pins Corvus to a wall and beat him up. Vision is far stronger and hurls him aside. Corvus blocks Vision's blast with his weapon (again a feat for his weapon, not him), then redirects it back to Vision, bringing him down. (Feat for Vision actully, Corvus just redirected his own energy) Scarlet Witch starts fighting seriously and rekts Proxima Midnight.

Corvus attempts to remove the Mind Stone and gets rekt by Scarlet Witch. Proxima Midnight blasts Scarlet Witch again with that blue blast. They fall into a room. Then Cap, Falcon and Black Widow arrive, and defeat the aliens.

Conclusion: Proxima and Corvus never physically overpowered Vision. In fact, it's the other way round. Proxima harming Wanda is not even a feat, Wanda is just human durability. When Wanda is anxious that Vision is attacked, she rekts Proxima. Vision overpowers Corvus, Corvus only harmed Vision with weapons.

Proxima and Corvus should scale to Cap. Cull scales to Hulkbuster, maybe Bleeding Edge, while Ebony scales to Thor via telekinesis, unknown physically.

I disagree Proxima and Corvus scaling to Vision, I think they scale to Cap, @Matthew Schroeder Do you want to reply? Or do you agree with me?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Incorrect. We can clearly see Thanos using the IG's power to block Wanda's power. And where do you get this insane idea that Wanda is stronger than Stormbreaker Thor?
If anything it is Stormbreaker Thor >>> Wanda / Doctor Strange >>> Bleeding Edge Iron Man > Hulk
OMG....Dude seriously?

• For starters, I didn't say Anybody was > Thor with StormBreaker. "W/o" means "Without".
  • Second, I didn't add Doctor Strange in my scaling because I forgot about him....I know...I know...
  • Third, Thanos blocking Wanda's Power with the IG doesn't scale her to it. She didn't overpower the guantlet. Thanos struggled physically to push past her power

Death manipulation, not existence erasure imo. If it were existence erasure wouldn't the KIA characters be wiped from the time line or at least the survivors would have their memory wiped of dead?

Yes, neutron stars are technically dead stars already, but it has a theoretical end of its afterlife as a celestial zombie, but we don't know for sure what happens then as we can't observe it anymore when it's too emission-less for us to detect.

That said, now that I look back on this thread, the neutron star wasn't dead, rather, the gate was broken at a closed state. My bad.

@Heatforce

Listed in the limitations section:

• Most characters have not the full range of the ability, for example only being able to erase a target's matter and energy, but not its mind, soul, concept, etc.
Beerus doesn't wipe other's memories of characters he erases, yet he still has existence erasure.

I agree with that, but i was arguing semantics.

It's also possible it eventually became nothing, like there's people in those cars that become nothing, not even dust.

She still scales to at least Awakened Thor period if he struggled anytime to overwhelm her. The Gauntlet was also glowing when that happen if I remember, implying he was using it's powers.

I sincerely doubt that the guy who was built as the most powerful being in the universe for years now, who beat up Thor off-screen harder than Hela and with little effort, would be weaker than surtur. Specially since hulk had even less of a chance against him.

I also heavily disagree with anyone who is trying to say the humans scale to the Children of Thanos because "Lol, piercing weapons".

Piercing Durability is objectively not a thing, and such things should rather be ignored than justified.

Regardless, Kep has calculated the Orb's planet razing to be 5-A:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/MCU:_Worrisome_Worldwide_Wipe

Consistent with Thanos using the Power Stone to raze the moon's surface + the Space Stone to hurl the debris as meteorites.

Also worth noting Thanos is the only opponent who caused Hulk not to resurface after their confrontation. Considering he attempted to fight Hela & Surtur... That says a lot.

So some things I believe:

Base Thanos is at least High 6-C. He's much stronger than his own Children who can harm both Iron Man and the new Hulkbuster.

Iron Man is High 6-C with the Bleeding Edge, as that is the calculated durability of it. With his shield his durability scales to the Power Stone, which is at least High 6-A, 5-A through Kep's calc.

Doctor Strange should scale somewhat to Thanos, though not in durability. I would use a "Likely" / "Possibly" for his Tier.

Same with Wanda. She should also scale to Thanos, specially since she can destroy an Infinity Stone permanently. She also should get "Likely / Possibly High 6-A / 5-A (Whatever is decided)

And same for Thor with Stormbreaker. I believe you can likely assume that Thor got a "Zenkai Boost" or something after nearly-dying at the beginning of the movie, and Stormbreaker better channels his innate powers anyway. Odin did say that Thor was far more powerful than he ever was, so it makes sense. In Thor Ragnarok Thor only used his new powers for a few minutes, so he likely got better at it with practice.

@Matthew Schroeder I disagree with them scaling to Vision. They were overpowered by Vision, and only harmed him with sharpened weaponry.

We might as well as scale Cap to Ultron, or Loki to Kurse if that is the case.

Quick question. Do you guys think Thanos' barrier would scale to his AP since it uses the power stone.

We should also re-scale Iron Man's speed to his Flight Speed, I believe. There's no reason for such a large divide. And Iron Man's speed has just gotten crazier in this movie with him catching up to the spaceship.

Spider-Man was reacting to, and moving at speeds comparable to the meteors Thanos threw at people. He can perhaps become MHS+.

Here's something i forgot about: Thanos redirected a kinetic attack from Black Panther.

That's a nice upgrade.

But let me see if I'm getting this right, Thor is High 6-B to 6-A by himself, but 5-A with the Stormbreaker, correct?

Why are the meteors MHS+ again? Didn't someone say the meteors were teleported into the atmosphere and was only moving at speeds enough to ignite it?

They weren't teleported tho. I don't know where that came from. He used the Space Stone to shoot them at high speeds, that's all. Also Spin, you can disagree with 7-B for the Children but that's just you. The humans fighting them is PIS, period.

Wanda should get 'at least high 6C' Thanos used the space stone to create the barrier and the AP of space stone is unclear

The Infinity Stones should be comparable to each other. Vision didn't really know how to use his to the fullest. I agree with scaling to Awakened Thor though.. Whatever tier he ends up getting... If I didn't say it enough.

Back