• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The shield would have to withstand the force of hitting thanos in the face that hard, so it should scale to Dura.

Hmmn probably. So Hulk denting vibranium would probably be an outlier then?

And is it really necessary for 2 Scarlet Witch keys tbh?

Regarding 3-A gaunlet, Past Thanos did get a lot of information from Nabula about what happened in the present, so he kinda has an idea of what de gaunlet is capable of.

Muuuuh said:
At leat 5-A for Stormbreaker is fine to me. Thor was nerfed in that movie so much. Poor physical form and drunked in all movie.
Why at leaat 5-A? Its only 5-A feat is extremely questionable (going by WoG and new statements) and everything else it has is High 6-B.

We need to add the shield for Sam too, 7-A durability and Building level AP. And agree with the OP

Why at leaat 5-A? Its only 5-A feat is extremely questionable (going by WoG and new statements) and everything else it has is High 6-B.

I do not see this as questionable, a single stone destroyed the surface of a planet and was shown destroying the surface of a moon. Thor held energy beams of the entire gauntlet, the feat is quite clear.

I Said At least cause a full gauntlet is in same place upper than planeta lvel, but in a unknow level.

DMUA said:
Hulk and Thor are evenly matched though. They go blow for blow on the helicarrier at one point (Though it's been so long I don't remember how that fight ends)
Fight ends with Hulk jumping at a plane and falling hundreds of feet into a swimming complex, and Thor gets trapped by Loki and dropped into a field of flowers.

Has anyone adressed my issues with the statement outside of claiming it's "undeniably 3-A" and leaving it at that?

I mean, I'm fine with dissenting opinions, but I'd at least like a debate on it before being shut down.

I think it's weird to scale Thanos as such, because he almost died with 2 snaps in the start, from a far weaker feat, so I think 5-A to 3-A feat should likely take him out just as soon as he gets it.

Also, it's solely based on statement. So there's that.

Not when literally every other thing he does in the movie pales in comparison to that one statement that didn't happen. We're basically adding a high tier Thunder McQueen.

Tbf that was literally his plan. If the Infinity Gauntlet couldn't do such then Thanos had no reason to exaggerate its capabilities.

Maverick Zero X said:
Tbf that was literally his plan. If the Infinity Gauntlet couldn't do such then Thanos had no reason to exaggerate its capabilities.
Honestly in that point in the movie he was getting almost delusional. His previous ideology, one he fought for for hundreds of years, had backfired right in his face and he suddenly decided to nuke everything.

He wasn't exactly in the most reasonable mindset when he made that claim.

Cap went to an Alternate Universe timeline, it wasn't his home timeline. Wasn't that what the Ancient One was talking about? That time travel created a branch in the universe where everyone gets rekt by Dormammu, and Cap had to travel to return the stones in order to not get them rekt.

It was kinda supported how Loki returned the Tesseract to Thanos in 2012, but 2014 Nebula states the Power stone will be the first one Thanos gets his hands on, which would be BS unless both of them were separate timelines.

Actually wait, that's weird as well, since these universes are far different from the Universes mentioned in Doctor Strange. That makes 2-C Dormammu questionable

Mr. Common Sense said:
The timeline is still ****** because of Captain America staying in the past. However, its a good ****** timeline because now MCU can fully bring in X-Men, Deadpool, an Fantastic Four without any issues.
What changed about the timeline for that to happen? Unless you're talking about them having the rights to the characters now.

What changed about the timeline for that to happen? Unless you're talking about them having the rights to the characters now.

I think they're referring to the fact that with the merger, they can explain away any future appearances of previously non-existing characters as having been consequences of time travel.

@Zark2099

Wait Dormammu is 2-C? I did get so confuse with the whole trickery of Tesseract to Thanos in 2012, but 2014 Nebula with the Power Stone.

DragonEmperor23 yea just like what Mexicino said. Now tha the merger is fully completed. Kevin Feige and the Russo Brothers can easily bring in the set of characters now and just blame it on time travel.

It was debated whether Dormammu should be 2-C or not, but I don't think it passed through. This might slightly change it however.

The Stormbreaker interviews don't really say how it's a counter to the gauntlet, if anything the writers seem to be unsure since the second one seems to suggest it was more due to inherent power that Stormbreaker succeeded (calling it the greatest weapon). Also it should be noted Stormbreajee never failed to cut either Thanos or his weapon, it was usually blocked at the handle or dodged.

@Tsubasa

It was questioned later by another thread I remember, but didn't have enough leverage

At least on specifically Dormammu's Disscusion Threads there is nothing specifically about his Tier after this one.

According to WoG Thanos was taken by surprise and the weapon was built to specifically counter the IG. Its why Stormbreaker could overpower the beam but not Thanos' helicopter blade. It should be High 6-B, higher with stormbreaker with a note mentioning its specific counter.

You try to find a logic in these movies but it actually was PIS. Thanos was with a Buff that he did not have in the first movie, while Thor had a nerf. In the first film, Thanos with 4 stones fought with Iron Man and he went well, HF had better armor in the second film, was with Thor that had 2 hammers and the captain, but still lost to a Thanos without stones, that was PIS. Thor was able to hold bundles of energy with all the gems of infinity, that's 5-A in my eyes.

I think that in Wanda's page, the current explanation for the High 6-B should be "Single-handedly pushed back Thanos with an energy blast for a considerable amount of time while having a mental breakdown and destroying the Mind Stone at the same time, despite Thanos shielding himself with a barrier using the Space Stone."

I think the fact that Thanos was using the Blue/Space Stone to make the barrier and the fact she was having a breakdown during that should be mentioned, considered we saw what she Bloodlusted could do. (I had commented this on the wrong thread lol)

So EndGame Thanos without Stones is more powerful than Infinity gauntled Thanos? I think not.

Also, When Thanos Win against then He dont have reason tô be bloodlusted, Just when captain hit him with mjonir that he get ungry (and bloodlusted)

Thanos was annoyed with these Avengers after seeing in the future, and wanted to kill everything and start all over again. In Infinity War he didn't attempt to kill anyone.

I agree with that, it does not make it physically stronger, but it dramatically raises your DC when using power beams, since the stones are at least High 6-A. And both HF and Thor were able to withstand either shields or hammers to the Beams of more than one stone, but the HF shields did not stand at Thanos's snags and Thor's hammer did not hurt Thanos with its beams. Nor does anyone take a sword with them when there is no intention of killing.

Yet Thanos didn't really use the power beams a lot, and even when he did he didn't use the full power of the Stones, as even Okoye and Captain America were able to tank it.

Thanos was trying to push Stormbreaker into Thor and kill him, and he was willing to destroy the entire universe this time.

Muuuuh said:
I agree with that, it does not make it physically stronger, but it dramatically raises your DC when using power beams, since the stones are at least High 6-A. And both HF and Thor were able to withstand either shields or hammers to the Beams of more than one stone, but the HF shields did not stand at Thanos's snags and Thor's hammer did not hurt Thanos with its beams. Nor does anyone take a sword with them when there is no intention of killing.
What does HF stand for?

Captain Marvel resista a Thanos hit, and fallen after a Beam of Just One Stone too. So nanotecnology armor Iron man is more powerful than Captain since he resista a 4 Beam withoutget knoucked out. That is Just PIS. The ecale in that movie is so wrong.

brief question: the Infinity stones are said to tear apart anyone who physically holds them right?

So would Hawkeye have any upgrades relqted to that statement since he held the mind stone with no issues, even if he did it briefly?

Back